Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,885 members, 7,824,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) (103313 Views)

Ikwere Protested Against Joining A Proposed Rivers State In 1956 [photos] / ADCs Of Nigerian Heads Of State Since 1956 / Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by codemaniacs: 8:11pm On Sep 10, 2022
caracas:

Oga you yourself should get proper knowledge of what you type before typing….
There’s also a big difference between colonialism and missionary works… Africans benefited from the missionaries not colonialism.
Christianity and education were introduced to Africans by the missionaries not the colonial masters

your ignorance is unbelievable...

the colonialists used religion ( christianity ) to enslave Africans...

Africans already had their own education because Africans had their own indigenous languages...

Colonialists used their religion and education to ensure generations of unborn Africans continue to be enslaved even without them ( colonialists ) been present that is why in your head you have created a good version of the colonialists which you call "missionaries" and a bad version which you call "colonialists" no one forced you to create a good version or bad version you just did it on your own because the education you got came from them...

you're mentally enslaved..

foreign education and religion was created to create people like you ( people who will defend their enslavers without knowing it.)
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Strikethem: 8:15pm On Sep 10, 2022
EmmaJnr1:
You are correct.

The Queen had visited Nigeria sometime in 1956, signed some papers with a man named Louis Odumegwu .O, took (borrowed) a three full plane load of money belonging to a Bank called ACB, money was over 500billion pounds at that time, masterminded a war afterwards, during that war, destroyed all documents containing the deal (money borrowed) with the said man, about a year after eliminating the said man. Mr Louis was eliminated by the Queen.

Britain worked against the creation of a country as Biafra. Britain was 70% built with money and resources borrowed from the said nation (Biafra). People must understand, the Queen had committed a lot of atrocities in the past, Biafra which should be the richest in the world today, is currently being kept under the carpet. But In no time, this country would be declared, these money would be returned. These are facts you won’t see anywhere near the google or Wikipedia. The mainstream is controlled by the agendists.
This happen and ojukwu didn't talk about it at any point?

2 Likes

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 10, 2022
codemaniacs:

you, Lannister360 and MonsieurX are filled with ignorance...

I am 100% sure you and MonsieurX don't even know that the machine gun was created just to kill Africans quicker..

Lol wherever you schooled, go and get your money back... grin

1 Like

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by seanwilliam(m): 8:16pm On Sep 10, 2022
codemaniacs:

MonsieurX posts is wrong... screenshot it at your peril.. that post is full of ignorance.. Africans have always celebrated twins and even have indigenous names for twins long before the e:uropeans set foot on Africa..

A part of Nigeria ( Calabar and Akwa Ibom ) couldn't successfully separate twins at birth and most of them died but history writes it that they twins were been killed when the truth is that most twins born in Calabar and Akwa-ibom were dying at child birth.
were you there?? can you prove it? If you can’t shut up!
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Kay25(m): 8:16pm On Sep 10, 2022
bergs2:
These are the few that benefited from slave trade. Mind you! Africans sold Africans.
What year was he born what year did slave trade stopped?don't just come to talk just because u have hatred for a tribe

1 Like

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by wolebest: 8:17pm On Sep 10, 2022
gidgiddy:
Interesting story

But I find it hard to believe that the Queen went to Ijebu Ode, and there is no picture of this historic visit

Aunticate this story by posting a picture of the Queen visiting Ijebu Ode as such visit would been groundbreaking at the time

You must be a test-tube baby!

Common History you don't know!

Imagine you find it hard to believe.......if you like believe, if you no like, that's your problem.
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Kay25(m): 8:17pm On Sep 10, 2022
When we tell them that Yorubas and always been rich and doing better than them they will say na Dem come build Lagos...

4 Likes

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 10, 2022
codemaniacs:

MonsieurX posts is wrong... screenshot it at your peril.. that post is full of ignorance.. Africans have always celebrated twins and even have indigenous names for twins long before the e:uropeans set foot on Africa..

A part of Nigeria ( Calabar and Akwa Ibom ) couldn't successfully separate twins at birth and most of them died but history writes it that they twins were been killed when the truth is that most twins born in Calabar and Akwa-ibom were dying at child birth.

So Mary Slessor didn't stop killing of twins in any part of Nigeria? I guess I am just lying then. grin
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by emaderocha(m): 8:19pm On Sep 10, 2022
kiss
majamajic:

Ancestors ? The queen was in her 20s in 1950s
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Foodie1(m): 8:20pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kdon2:

The kind hatred wey dey your mind even hypo no go fit wash am. It shows in the way you spelt Yoruba. Hatred will consume you eventually and prevent you from making real progress. That's what is wrong with you people right now. Continue
your gap teeth obviously measures the distance between you and wisdom.
, you think you are more learned than me., I spelt it intentionally like that, I don't need your corrections undecided
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by tunene66: 8:21pm On Sep 10, 2022
Biodun556:
When Queen Elizabeth came to Nigeria In 1960 before the independence, we reveal to you where she passed the night.

When we talk of Nigeria history, the Ijebu people will always be noted as one of the wealthiest Billionaire tribes and there is in another dimension as they’ve been rich right from the pre-colonial era.

One of the Notable billionaire of the old who flexed their dough hard includes Ijebu born businessman and philanthropist, Timothy Adeola Odutola. Before we go into the evergreen edifice this man built, we would love to run a short profile of him.
Chief Timothy Adeola Odutola (1902- 95) Is a prominent businessman and Philanthropist from #Ijebu-Ode.

He attended St Saviours Primary School Italope and Ijebu-Ode Grammar School. He started work in the Colonial Service and later went into business selling damask and fish.

He became a Produce buyer opening large storage units and transportation lines. By 1960 he had created a conglomerate including three factories, a retail franchise, a cattle ranch, a 5,000-acre rubber and palm oil plantation, a sawmill, and export business.

Chief Odutola became so rich that he had a personal relationship with the father of Queen Elizabeth, George VI.

In 1956 during her Official visit to Nigeria, the Queen of England; Queen Elizabeth II was scheduled to visit only Ibadan, Enugu and Kaduna as the regional capitals.

Queen Elizabeth requested her visit be rerouted to include Ijebu-Ode to enable her to visit Chief Timothy Adeola Odutola, the Ogbeni Oja, her father’s friend who usually wined and dined with the royals at Buckingham Palace.

She passed a night at Ijebu-Ode and what a privileged visit indeed. Behold the Adeola Odutola Lodge, Ijebu-Ode (built, 1939).

https://www.anaedoonline.ng/2020/02/29/see-castle-where-queen-elizabeth-spent-a-night-in-nigeria-photos/

The late Queen Elizabeth II visited Nigeria only twice during her reign in 1956 and 2003.
She was never in the country in 1960
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Akinfemmy(m): 8:23pm On Sep 10, 2022
MonsieurX:

You don't need to believe my perspective but the modernity and civilization you're witnessing in the world today is as a result of Christianity and Western education... Only Boko Haram would argue against that.

dude there was a time in history where Christianity control the most of the part of the world that period was referred as THE DARK AGES. Christianity has no impact in the modernity or civilization of our present reality. Christianity was even used to suppress science and Philosophy. Do you know how many science and philosophy books were burnt by the church. Or how many scientists and philosohers were killed and tagged witches and wizard by the church. Dude just because you can speak good English doesn't mean you are educated. Read history books before saying anything regarding any topic.

In our present world, we can still observe the suppression of science and advancement of humanity by your Christian pastors who claims that that those things are demonic and antichrist. Eg. Covid-19 vaccine, 4g etc.

https://youtu.be/Ep1oktyqBpc
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by codemaniacs: 8:24pm On Sep 10, 2022
MonsieurX:

So Mary Slessor didn't stop killing of twins in any part of Nigeria? I guess I am just lying then. grin

Mary Slessor didn't stop anything...
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by ospreywin(m): 8:25pm On Sep 10, 2022
EmmaJnr1:
You are correct.

The Queen had visited Nigeria sometime in 1956, signed some papers with a man named Louis Odumegwu .O, took (borrowed) a three full plane load of money belonging to a Bank called ACB, money was over 500billion pounds at that time, masterminded a war afterwards, during that war, destroyed all documents containing the deal (money borrowed) with the said man, about a year after eliminating the said man. Mr Louis was eliminated by the Queen.

Britain worked against the creation of a country as Biafra. Britain was 70% built with money and resources borrowed from the said nation (Biafra). People must understand, the Queen had committed a lot of atrocities in the past, Biafra which should be the richest in the world today, is currently being kept under the carpet. But In no time, this country would be declared, these money would be returned. These are facts you won’t see anywhere near the google or Wikipedia. The mainstream is controlled by the agendists.

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by codemaniacs: 8:30pm On Sep 10, 2022
seanwilliam:
were you there?? can you prove it? If you can’t shut up!

why else will twins die if they weren't dying at child birth

Killing is m:urder, If people killed twins they would have been arrested by the security agencies...

its common sense..

if you kill your child, will your relatives keep quiet or will they report you to the security agencies
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Ofemmanu1: 8:33pm On Sep 10, 2022
gidgiddy:
Interesting story

But I find it hard to believe that the Queen went to Ijebu Ode, and there is no picture of this historic visit

Aunticate this story by posting a picture of the Queen visiting Ijebu Ode as such visit would been groundbreaking at the time

She went there for nacking...

It wasn't official.
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by LienwaltAbel(m): 8:36pm On Sep 10, 2022
pocohantas:

I can’t see the need for the hullabaloo. Africans were not entirely innocent in this supposed slave trade. We were actively selling ourselves.

I am indifferent to her death and her general existence. The reason some of us can survive Buhari is because these same colonial masters gave us a chance in modern times. If they give us small dosage of this market we want to buy, we would remember racism.
Same as me. I'd like for them to scrap the royal family, but that doesn't mean I'd insult a woman who died at 96 (that's nearly a 100). Most of those yarning balls might be in the UK self
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by LienwaltAbel(m): 8:38pm On Sep 10, 2022
codemaniacs:

undecidedundecided ndoo.
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Ofemmanu1: 8:39pm On Sep 10, 2022
EmmaJnr1:
You are correct.

So, Ojukwu snr. had 500Billion GBP and he gave it to a 20yr old British kpekus?!

Imagine what groundbreaking innovations and development that money would've brought Nigeria?
But the flatti decided to give it to Elizabeth??

haaaa.
Yeebos are the real problem of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Lannister360: 8:41pm On Sep 10, 2022
codemaniacs:

Is it the same whyte people that shooting black americans in 2022 out of hatred that will trade with Africans ( black people ) between 1600s and 1800s do you know how foolish that sounds...

In that era, the moment a whyte person sees an African the first thought that will come to the whyte ( e:uropeans ) person's mind is to kill that African not to talk of Empires and Kingdoms filled with Africans they would have burnt such Empires and Kingdoms to the ground and killed every single African but they didn't have the population to do such so they resorted to " they sold slaves " mantra...

In South Africa, the e:uropeans specifically created what you call a machine gun today just to kill the indigenous South Africans..

I am 100% sure you and MonsieurX don't even know that the machine gun was created just to kill Africans quicker..

Lol, your sentences are incomprehensible, it's difficult to understand your point. If you can't communicate properly in English, use pidgen. Nobody will fault you for using pidgin to pass your message, after all English is not our language, it was only forced on us.
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by codemaniacs: 8:41pm On Sep 10, 2022
LienwaltAbel:

undecidedundecided ndoo.

I wanted to quote your ignorance but I refrained so since you've quoted me, I will quote you under the comment I originally wanted to you..
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by codemaniacs: 8:43pm On Sep 10, 2022
Lannister360:

Lol, your sentences are incomprehensible, it's difficult to understand your point. If you can't communicate properly in English, use pidgen. Nobody will fault you for using pidgin to pass your message, after all English is not our language, it was only forced on us.

its not difficult to understand my point...

Its difficult for you to accept my point...
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Lannister360: 8:46pm On Sep 10, 2022
goslowgoslow:

Na now you know all these.. if that castle were to be in Igbo land we for no rest! Igbo is this, Igbo is that! Now you dey preach unity! All of una na the same thing.

Something is fundamental wrong with black people, why must it always be about tribe/religion and not about our blackness?

So because I said something that you think is not favourable to the Yorubas you automatically conclude that I am Igbo. Can you see how tribalism has eaten into your brain?

Mr man, I am not Igbo.
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Lifestone(m): 8:50pm On Sep 10, 2022
codemaniacs:

Is it the same whyte people that shooting black americans in 2022 out of hatred that will trade with Africans ( black people ) between 1600s and 1800s do you know how foolish that sounds...

In that era, the moment a whyte person sees an African the first thought that will come to the whyte ( e:uropeans ) person's mind is to kill that African not to talk of Empires and Kingdoms filled with Africans they would have burnt such Empires and Kingdoms to the ground and killed every single African but they didn't have the population to do such so they resorted to " they sold slaves " mantra...

In South Africa, the e:uropeans specifically created what you call a machine gun today just to kill the indigenous South Africans..

This your argument is lame, you are obviously not a student of history otherwise you would have read about the brutal wars that Europeans fought among themselves for the purpose of dominance. Guns and explosives were invented to prosecute wars and already in use in Europe before they discovered most of the new world including most Africa countries. You also forgot that slavery was already part of our ways of life before the advent of the white people and only made international trade. It took the UK lots of efforts and resources to put an end to slave trade. Maybe you should know that it was the disagreement to free slaves that led to America Civil war
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by LienwaltAbel(m): 8:51pm On Sep 10, 2022
codemaniacs:

How does this nonsense relate with what I said. Stop smoking lemon grass my friend, your brain is shrinking because of it.
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by LienwaltAbel(m): 8:52pm On Sep 10, 2022
Lifestone:

This your argument is lame, you are obviously not a student of history otherwise you would have read about the brutal wars that Europeans fought among themselves for the purpose of dominance. Guns and explosives were invented to prosecute wars and already in use in Europe before they discovered most of the new world including most Africa countries. You also forgot that slavery was already part of our ways of life before the advent of the white people and only made international trade. It took the UK lots of efforts and resources to put an end to slave trade. Maybe you should know that it was the disagreement to free slaves that led to America Civil war
Not really but you're on point. That guy is high on some strange stuff.
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Amalekki: 8:53pm On Sep 10, 2022
EmmaJnr1:
You are correct.

That's how oyinbo toto destroyed IPOB forever.

1 Like

Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by goslowgoslow(m): 8:58pm On Sep 10, 2022
Lannister360:

Something is fundamental wrong with black people, why must it always be about tribe/religion and not about our blackness?

So because I said something that you think is not favourable to the Yorubas you automatically conclude that I am Igbo. Can you see how tribalism has eaten into your brain?

Mr man, I am not Igbo.
Lol.... stop pretending this is NL we know all of una!
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by IrepChrist: 8:59pm On Sep 10, 2022
bergs2:
These are the few that benefited from slave trade. Mind you! Africans sold Africans.
Slavery has since been abolished before his time.
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by codemaniacs: 9:05pm On Sep 10, 2022
Lifestone:

Lannister360 said something similar before your first comma so I will say what I said to him...

my point is not lame.. its difficult for you to accept my point.

If slavery was already part of Africa then E:uropeans would never ever have been able to colonize Africa because Africans would have developed weapons they won't be able to match.. Africans never fought or enslaved each other, Africans were too peaceful that's why they agreed to colonialism.. If a group of armed men storm your house right now are you ready to match them weapons for weapons or will you runaway from your house

Black Americans were enslaved in 1600s while Africans were fighting the E:uropeans until the early 1900s... If Africans truly sold black americans into slavery then all of Africa would have been colonized since the 1600s and not the early 1900s..

what you call colonialism is actually a peace agreement between African countries and E:uropeans to stop Africans from constantly fighting the E:uropeans.. If Africans were colonialized then Africans would have lost their indigenous languages completely the same way black Americans lost their languages..
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Firstcitizen: 9:06pm On Sep 10, 2022
MonsieurX:

There's a difference between slave trade and colonialism, these are 2 distant eras. The queen never enslaved any Africans, before everybody becomes an online activist, try to get proper knowledge.

Perhaps Mary Slessor too shouldn't have stopped the killing of twins in Nigeria because African societies were "perfect" undecided

Colonialism was what ushered Africa into the present stage of enlightenment and development. What would we achieve without Christianity and education?

Just like the Uju woman insulting people up and down on Twitter, most of you love to deceive yourselves.

Shut up house slave. When the English were burning witches at the stake who came to colonise and enlighten them. We would have found our way just like they did without the moral corruption that came with it.
Re: See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 10, 2022
Firstcitizen:

Shut up house slave. When the English were burning witches at the stake who came to colonise and enlighten them. We would have found our way just like they did without the moral corruption that came with it.

You're the slave here, not me. A slave to ignorance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Buhari: I Broke Electoral Law To Show Loyalty To Tinubu (Video/Pictures) / ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate / Patience Jonathan Humiliated At PH Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.