Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,789 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker (29859 Views)

How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job / How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job / Lady Confronts An Able-Bodied Beggar Who Rejected Her N35k Job Offer In Ajah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Gentlesoul2021(m): 5:08pm On Sep 11, 2022
ModestGal:
Lucky you. I'm also looking for an employee, I wouldn't mind training the individual

Location and in what role..
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by OgaTimo(m): 5:10pm On Sep 11, 2022
like i thought at 1st...
na because say na woman...
nut truth to be told eeeehhhhhh.
lesson to all employee
just get sence and learn anything learnable...
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Penguin2: 5:12pm On Sep 11, 2022
Deeprooted:
Before the interview, I was discouraged by her appearance.

I had to put a call through to the hiring firm, expressing my disappointment. However,so as not to make her feel bad, I decided to ask her a few questions in relation to the job. To My utmost surprise, she said she had never held the position. This justified by anger.

Long story short, she was hired.

She was taught her role within few days and that's all! She's now the best worker in all ramifications.

Lesson to all employers, do not hire base on experience alone.

Lol!

This looks like my story.

Showed up at interview with ripped jeans, bushy hair and beards; and without certificates. Lol.

Guess what? I was hired.

But I’m sure those people are thanking their stars till today for hiring me.

3 Likes

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by scottyoloye(m): 5:12pm On Sep 11, 2022
I took a particular company online assessment test and had 90%, those of us who passed were mailed to come for the on-site assessment: on getting there, we were told that the reason reason they invited us for the on-site assessment was to ascertain if we did the first one by ourselves.

I finished the 45mins test in 25 minutes and still got the same 90%. After the test, the recruiter excused one other guy who had 85% and myself and started with the narrative that it's against the company policy to recruit second class lower graduates as graduate trainees.

He eventually offered a contract based role which i declined even though he said he was working on convincing the management on the need to make passing their assessment the criterion for employment.

I had the highest mark twice which was 90% and still wasn't hired.

I blame myself for not graduating with a second class upper though.

11 Likes

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Goldbw122(m): 5:12pm On Sep 11, 2022
Don't judge the book by its cover
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by parkervero(m): 5:21pm On Sep 11, 2022
BusinessPlan22:

How do I sell mysef, I have an interview coming pls

Research about the company or organisation

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by teepain: 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2022
Deeprooted:

We have suffered so much in our country that every little good thing seems too good to be true to us. I understand your standpoint so I don't need you to believe me.

It is the disbelief for me. And why anyone believes that they are entitled to your attempt to convince them is even baffling for me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by LienwaltAbel(m): 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2022
merit455:
Oga,what's your company name....you might be lying
Why should he prove anything to you?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by ibechris(m): 5:23pm On Sep 11, 2022
Deeprooted:
Before the interview, I was discouraged by her appearance.

I had to put a call through to the hiring firm, expressing my disappointment. However,so as not to make her feel bad, I decided to ask her a few questions in relation to the job. To My utmost surprise, she said she had never held the position. This justified by anger.

Long story short, she was hired.

Same with me,withthe space of 7years,i have employed about five nannies...one mama left as a result of health issue,the other mama as a result of relocation and the second to the last got admission but the day I saw this particular one that is working for me now,I was discouraged and felt why would one that left not help me to get someone to replace before going to the university.

I didn't know my wife felt the same until the day she started work.
She is simply the best among others,calm headed,obey rules to the least,respect herself and knows her boundary.

I agree with u.

She was taught her role within few days and that's all! She's now the best worker in all ramifications.

Lesson to all employers, do not hire base on experience alone.

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by FaithBrain1994(m): 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2022
Antyxx:
I'm also looking for an employee
Can we talk further about this?
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by BusinessPlan22: 5:25pm On Sep 11, 2022
parkervero:

Research about the company or organisation

I have done that, so how do I apply it, this is a life changing opportunity for me, I want to do it like it's my last. Meeting the board this Wednesday, it's an oil company
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by ibechris(m): 5:25pm On Sep 11, 2022
Same with me,withthe space of 7years,i have employed about four nannies...one mama left as a result of health issue,the other mama as a result of relocation and the second to the last got admission but the day I saw this particular one that is working for me now,I was discouraged and felt why would the one that left not help me to get someone to replace before going to the university.

I didn't know my wife felt the same until the day she started work.
She is simply the best among others,calm headed,obey rules to the least,respect herself,knows her boundary and keep to time.

I agree with u.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Lamasta(m): 5:27pm On Sep 11, 2022
chikason22:

I sight you my nigarr. You sef see wetin I see.
Let me bring some bottles of ,.,
No peace for now. grin grin
No violence for now let's enjoy peace as we are mourning our Queen

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by newcommer: 5:37pm On Sep 11, 2022
ModestGal:
Lucky you. I'm also looking for an employee, I wouldn't mind training the individual

Employ me, ModestGal
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by parkervero(m): 5:38pm On Sep 11, 2022
BusinessPlan22:

I have done that, so how do I apply it, this is a life changing opportunity for me, I want to do it like it's my last. Meeting the board this Wednesday, it's an oil company

It appears you wan test me but I will try my best to explain.

I believe you apply for a role you think you qualify for. The real interview starts with can we meet you?. Tell something about yourself, about your experience that you are bringing to the company, the research about the company will be needed to talk about in relation to your skillset.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Deeprooted: 6:00pm On Sep 11, 2022
Obinoscopy:
I'm just curious, why did you hire her? Was it because of her credentials or intelligence? Or is it because she was the only one that applied or you were moved by the Holy Spirit to hire her? Or you just gambled with her for no just reason?

Her honesty

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by chikason22(m): 6:02pm On Sep 11, 2022
Lamasta:

No violence for now let's enjoy peace as we are mourning our Queen
Which queen? I don't know what you're talking about. Who the queen help.
Me I like vawulence oo

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Obinoscopy(m): 6:03pm On Sep 11, 2022
Deeprooted:

Her honesty
OK great. Thanks for this info. It'll help entrepreneurs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by bsalawu: 6:03pm On Sep 11, 2022
oluhyohmih:
How I wish someone can also see the best in me giving me opportunity to prove myself

Can you do Real Estate
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Lamasta(m): 6:13pm On Sep 11, 2022
chikason22:

Which queen? I don't know what you're talking about. Who the queen help.
Me I like wawulebce oo

You will hear from me in your next match

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by ksmartglobal(m): 6:17pm On Sep 11, 2022
bsalawu:

Can you do Real Estate

Though the question is not for me, but I'm also available for Real Estate.
My WhatsApp:09034305731.
Thanks
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Hanndye: 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2022
If you can afford to pay your employees in terms of 70 and 100 thousands of naira then you're big, men.
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by chikason22(m): 6:32pm On Sep 11, 2022
Lamasta:

You will hear from me in your next match
You will also hear from me too. At least this break will heal my injured players. They will come with full vawulence

Fergie have been mocking me with that my Liverpool 9:0 defeat of Bournemouth
embarassed
I will surely do him back. That's the beauty of the game.
As for Napoli, they have a date at Anfield. Na red yansh Dem go carry go angry
No peace for now
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by saintmm(m): 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2022
Learn4future:
While I haven't collected pay for two months ...suffering and smiling..death is actually better
No!
Changing your place of work even if it means lesser pay but promptly.
Also, try what you can do at your free time that can generate you money.
Killing yourself is never the way to go.
Also, talk to God about it and he will direct you.
Peace

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by LikeAking: 6:37pm On Sep 11, 2022
Peppysco:

No one is going to employ you with this your uncivilized and unprofessional approach. You can't be asking a potential or supposed employer, 'you fit employ me'?
Calm down.

Teach me how to approach him in a civilized way. That's how it's done.

I am waiting..
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by kingmsookwagh(m): 6:59pm On Sep 11, 2022
This can only happen at 0.05% in a 100% situation and also to 0.02% people out of a 100% population sample.

Long story short too, the girl was just as lucky as you..

Pray for others who have loads of potentials but cannot be disovered in a society whose structure is as amorphose as amoeba and hard as a rock.

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Fortune118005(m): 7:14pm On Sep 11, 2022
Leogreat5:
I need a job .I have experience in poultry and crop farming .
Where do you live?
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Nyenom: 7:17pm On Sep 11, 2022
No b lie Bossman.!!
Truth Be Told,.
I've a cousine of mine who always look dull in facial expression and likes wearing shabby clothes, went for a mathematics teacher job interview as a national diploma holder of maths and statistics at a reputable secondary school in abuja outshines others and was given the job
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by ozo13(m): 7:38pm On Sep 11, 2022
Lamasta:
Oga raise her pay to justify her hard work for your organization, don't come here and be motivating us for using someone's child....
lol

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by bigpicture001: 7:49pm On Sep 11, 2022
Ay04z:
gud of u...ur company will continue to go higher.. And more profits boss

Amen!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears / NIMC Is Trying To Make Me Loose International Job. Please Help / 2020 Matrix Energy Group Graduate Trainee Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.