Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker (29847 Views)

How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job / How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job / Lady Confronts An Able-Bodied Beggar Who Rejected Her N35k Job Offer In Ajah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Raypawer(m): 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2022
Omo.. Blessing Follow you!
Karleb:
If you didn't hire her, another person would have done that with a better pay.

Try to increase her salary
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by placeofallure(f): 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2022
LikeAking:

We are in a world wia people judge a book by cover.

U try.

U fit employ me?

Even if you won't pay me.. Let me just ans employed.

Pls!

Deep!

I pray God grant you your heart's desires. You won't just answer employed but you will be gainfully employed.

3 Likes

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Ameduedwin: 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2022
Rejecting a potential Best performer by mere certificate appearance and outspoken, That what put Nigeria in this retrogressive state, backwardness and unprogressive. Instead of testing the potentiality and capility in him or her They tend to rely on man know man or somebody with high English spoken and higher grade even They go as far as the type of school you graduated from, if is the type of school They don't want they won't employed you. That's why they occupied Thier company with incompetent people.

3 Likes

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by dnawah(m): 9:04pm On Sep 11, 2022
Deeprooted:
Before the interview, I was discouraged by her appearance.

I had to put a call through to the hiring firm, expressing my disappointment. However,so as not to make her feel bad, I decided to ask her a few questions in relation to the job. To My utmost surprise, she said she had never held the position. This justified by anger.

Long story short, she was hired.

She was taught her role within few days and that's all! She's now the best worker in all ramifications.

Lesson to all employers, do not hire base on experience alone.

meself need work o!
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by placeofallure(f): 9:09pm On Sep 11, 2022
datola:
It's hard to find qualified and trusted employee in the present day Nigeria.

If you find one, appreciate and treat them well.

True that.

Back then in 2012 or so, I got a month job to coach a young man, probably in his teens, just to brush his English before he returns to school - Loyola Jesuit in Abuja.

The pay was good but the timing wasn't very palatable. I need to start class by 8:00am and leave by 10:00am, to report at my own office. I lived on the mainland, Yaba and the woman with her son live in VI. The house is a community on its own. You know those houses that spread over plots of land. A mansion with all the trappings of opulence and all.

On my last day with the boy, the woman thanked me and told me that despite having to leave early and make it to her house before 8, that I never defaulted one day. That somehow, I have rekindled her hope that Nigeria could be better if a young lady could be this dedicated. I thanked her and was leaving when she called me back that she has an offer for me.

She has a little after school center for kids that she manages. She wants me to take over the management. She offered an amount as salary. That amount was almost 3 times my salary but I declined. With people like that there's no job security. She may wake up one day and decide she's overwhelmed by Nigeria and say she's relocating. What then becomes of poor me?

To cut the long story short, up till tomorrow, I still have a relationship with the woman. She never forgets my birthdays, and like I predicted, she's resident out of Nigeria now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by ehionlinetradin: 9:59pm On Sep 11, 2022
On her behalf, I say thank you for this. Many employers don't see the staff that is adding value to their organisation, they only see the ones everyone call or ascribe as "eye service" renderer. Factually, if you have many of such "eye service staff", your organization is in trouble you and going concern would be threatened.
Deeprooted:

She was to be paid 56k but she was paid 70k and by October ending, I'm upgrading her to 100k

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Lamasta(m): 10:12pm On Sep 11, 2022
chikason22:

You will also hear from me too. At least this break will heal my injured players. They will come with full vawulence

Fergie have been mocking me with that my Liverpool 9:0 defeat of Bournemouth
embarassed
I will surely do him back. That's the beauty of the game.
As for Napoli, they have a date at Anfield. Na red yansh Dem go carry go angry
No peace for now
I hear you cool
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by OniyideAmplify(m): 10:32pm On Sep 11, 2022
Deeprooted:

I had to put a call through to the hiring firm, expressing my disappointment. However,so as not to make her feel bad, I decided to ask her a few questions in relation to the job. To My utmost surprise, she said she had never held the position. This justified by anger.

She was taught her role within few days and that's all! She's now the best worker in all ramifications.

This same thing happened to me when I was seeking for job in Dubai, as we all know how tough things were for Nigerians at this period. Fortunately, there was this particular day that my big bro was not very active at work and his Greek boss asked if everything was okay and he told him No, that he's not okay at all, and he explained everything to him about his lil bro (me) that I've been around for some months and I couldn't get a job due to the fact that I'm a Nigerian.

The man immediately asked if he could get my CV and my bro immediately rushed to their admin block to print my CV out and he went ahead to submit it to the HR office.

To cut the story shot, the man came back the following day that the post I applied for was not vacant for now and if I would like to go for another one and my bro told him YES. However, they called me for interview and I boldly told the department manager that I have no experience about that position as he can see on my CV that I applied for another position but I promised him heaven and earth that he'll never regret employing me. I noticed he doesn't want me from his look but God intervene after much pressure from my big bro's manager, so he later went to the HR that I'm the one that he prefer out of the people applying for that position.

OP, if I should tell you that that oyinbo man came to meet me last month that the biggest mistake he almost made was the fact that he doesn't want to employ me back then, but right now that I'm the best staff he has ever employ in his department due to my positive attitude towards the job.
Do not judge people by the way they look.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Deeprooted: 10:39pm On Sep 11, 2022
OniyideAmplify:
This same thing happened to me when I was seeking for job in Dubai, as we all know how tough things were for Nigerians at this period. Fortunately, there was this particular day that my big bro was not very active at work and his Greek boss asked if everything was okay and he told him No, that he's not okay at all, and he explained everything to him about his lil bro (me) that I've been around for some months and I couldn't get a job due to the fact that I'm a Nigerian.

The man immediately asked if he could get my CV and my bro immediately rushed to their admin block to print my CV out and he went ahead to submit it to the HR office.

To cut the story shot, the man came back the following day that the post I applied for was not vacant for now and if I would like to go for another one and my bro told him YES. However, they called me for interview and I boldly told the department manager that I have no experience about that position as he can see on my CV that I applied for another position but I promised him heaven and earth that he'll never regret employing me. I noticed he doesn't want me from his look but God intervene after much pressure from my big bro's manager, so he later went to the HR that I'm the one that he prefer out of the people applying for that position.

OP, if I should tell you that that oyinbo man came to meet me last month that the biggest mistake he almost made was the fact that he doesn't want to employ me back then, but right now that I'm the best staff he has ever employ in his department due to my positive attitude towards the job.

Congrats bro
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Leogreat5: 11:18pm On Sep 11, 2022
Delta state n willing to relocate .
Where do you live?[/quote]
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by MrLekan95(m): 11:36pm On Sep 11, 2022
Leogreat5:
I need a job .I have experience in poultry and crop farming .
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by bepositive11: 3:21am On Sep 12, 2022
What was it about her appearance that discouraged you initially?

I think we need to take the responsibility to make our appearance appropriate for whatever occasion we find ourselves in.

Deeprooted:

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Leogreat5: 5:53am On Sep 12, 2022
Delta state and willing to relocate .

Where do you live?
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by essshola: 6:01am On Sep 12, 2022
I which the managing director of CHESTERFIELD HOTEL could learn from this ,he his very rude to all is staff
May GOD help him
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by DonroxyII: 8:04am On Sep 12, 2022
GreaterFuture:

The kind of Job, you no talk...
What led to you employing her, you no talk
Key aspect to the story and which would make the lesson make sense to the readers you didn't mention,
Then you said don't hire based on BLa bla bla...
Lol, Says a whole lot
Abi oooo ...
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Ijaya123: 8:33am On Sep 12, 2022
Deeprooted:

On what basis did you eventualy decide to hire her? This story is incomplete and that makes it difficult to relate with
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Gmajor(m): 10:52am On Sep 12, 2022
something about this post is not adding up.
her appearance was not nice and she did not have experience, so why did you hire her?
was it as a result of nepotism?
Deeprooted:

Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by ADunamite(m): 1:08pm On Sep 12, 2022
ModestGal:
Lucky you. I'm also looking for an employee, I wouldn't mind training the individual

Hi, good afternoon smiley ... just to let you know that I'm interested in this offer..
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Learn4future: 3:17pm On Sep 12, 2022
I pray God should help me .I try a lot but this capitalists are not humane .I learnt videography and photography too.To get a camera is a big deal sometimes nothing in the morning and afternoon to eat except the night .I pray God answers me.
saintmm:

No!
Changing your place of work even if it means lesser pay but promptly.
Also, try what you can do at your free time that can generate you money.
Killing yourself is never the way to go.
Also, talk to God about it and he will direct you.
Peace
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by manbrain: 3:32pm On Sep 12, 2022
Amazing
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by IRALIFE(f): 4:56pm On Sep 12, 2022
Deeprooted:

I

Please share what prompted you to hire her. That would help in the lesson you're trying to pass to employers. Thanks
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by spencekat(m): 10:40am On Sep 13, 2022
Houserentprob:
pls give me job sir, even if it’s security Job I won’t mind and my family will forever be grateful pls look into my consideration. Thanks
Where do you live?
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Houserentprob(m): 10:55am On Sep 13, 2022
spencekat:
Where do you live?
Good morning sir, I’m currently in Ilorin now sir doing nothing. Pls help I’m ready to leave here at anytime sir thanks
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by spencekat(m): 11:05am On Sep 13, 2022
Houserentprob:
Good morning sir, I’m currently in Ilorin now sir doing nothing. Pls help I’m ready to leave here at anytime sir thanks
The security job is in Calabar
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by Houserentprob(m): 11:06am On Sep 13, 2022
spencekat:
The security job is in Calabar
okay sir. Pls can you elaborate more sir. My number is 09060185070 thanks
Re: How I Almost Rejected My Best Worker by BellaTheDuke: 4:49pm On May 12, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trick To Download Your N-power PPA Letter / Any Advice About Adron Homes And Properties Limited? / After Spending 2hrs On The Application Process, I Got Application Decline.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.