Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,674 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment (2146 Views)

I've Never Seen A Girl As Dirty As My Cousin Sister / I Feel Depressed! My Cousin Beat Me Because Of N100 Biscuit / How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by Durabest: 10:06pm On Sep 10, 2022
Good evening to everyone here.After the dead of our father in year 2000 my elder Brother called our father's lawyer to come and read out our fathers will,he came and do as our father has instructed and 5m was paid to a fixed account for me,but with instruction that i must be up to 20yrs before i will be able to make use of it.To cut the story short i invested in enviromental management and it involves management of waste and many others.So i have these guy as a cousin each time he pays me visits in my office he always feel ashame anytime my workers are around maybe he came and i'm not around he will be telling them how iretative he felt any time he comes around my office.So two years ago i got a contract to manage enviromental waste for two differents companies that is involved in oil busines,My cousin whom was ashame just graduated and a family meeting was called to see how we can assist him which i support the idea and we raised 8m now he's calling me to employ him that he's broke.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by PoliteActivist: 10:09pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kudos.
Never look down on any honest labor.
Does "environmental..." mean you deal with poo?

1 Like

Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by doggedfighter(f): 10:11pm On Sep 10, 2022
He doesn't value the business.

It means nothing to him.

It's the money from the business that's his priority.

Let him go look for job elsewhere.

Dash him money if you can so he can use it to eat and be strong for job hunting.

6 Likes

Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by doggedfighter(f): 10:11pm On Sep 10, 2022
PoliteActivist:
Kudos.
Never look down on any honest labor.
Does "environmental..." mean you deal with poo?

Hahahahahaha

This question Na helelele grin
Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by Bruno3000(m): 10:17pm On Sep 10, 2022
Do not try it... His mission might be to run u down. Family n business don't mix.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by obinna58(m): 10:17pm On Sep 10, 2022
doggedfighter:

Hahahahahaha

This question Na helelele grin
What else could it be
You're calling it in local man's terms
Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by Klass99(f): 10:20pm On Sep 10, 2022

5 Likes

Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by obinna58(m): 10:21pm On Sep 10, 2022
Help people in the best way you can just don't do it in anyway it can affect you negatively

5million in the year 2000 is more like 50million now chai

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by doggedfighter(f): 10:24pm On Sep 10, 2022
obinna58:

What else could it be
You're calling it in local man's terms

Are you sure you are mentioning the right post ?
Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by Durabest: 10:29pm On Sep 10, 2022
Klass99:

Help me understand this part, you mean NGN8,000,000 (Eight Million Naira) was raised for him after graduation and now he's broke and seeking employment? How long ago was this 8M given to him? As in, what year was this?
JAN 2017
Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by Klass99(f): 10:38pm On Sep 10, 2022

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by Durabest: 10:52pm On Sep 10, 2022
Klass99:

Did he marry, build a small house, buy a car or start a business which didn't thrive between then and now? What explanation or account has he given for the 8M he is received?

That he bought bus for people to give him returns and poultry farming.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by ab1x: 11:05pm On Sep 10, 2022
You need to be extremely careful with your decision. Not saying you should not help but pray about it before you do so.

1 Like

Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by Helpout12345: 11:20pm On Sep 10, 2022
Durabest:
That he bought bus for people to give him returns and poultry farming.

Very good. That is all I need to advise you. So a young man that is just starting life, managed to get 8M raised for him in 2017 and he decided to be filling like a boss to buy a bus and give another man to drive for him.

Maybe he was also playing "boss" with the poultry too and people he put there finished the investment for him.

See, if you employ him in your company, be very careful with him because he might run you down. Don't put him in sensitive position until he has demonstrated to you that he is serious, hardworking and learnt there is dignity in hard work.

I would have said you should just assist him with another Funds to be on his own but he might come back with another story later with nothing to show for the funds.

You can also connect him with jobs in other companies or your client's company instead of employing him in your firm.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by Durabest: 12:40am On Sep 11, 2022
Helpout12345:

Very good. That is all I need to advise you. So a young man that is just starting life, managed to get 8M raised for him in 2017 and he decided to be filling like a boss to buy a bus and give another man to drive for him.

Maybe he was also playing "boss" with the poultry too and people he put there finished the investment for him.

See, if you employ him in your company, be very careful with him because he might run you down. Don't put him in sensitive position until he has demonstrated to you that he is serious, hardworking and learnt there is dignity in hard work.

I would have said you should just assist him with another Funds to be on his own but he might come back with another story later with nothing to show for the funds.

You can also connect him with jobs in other companies or your client's company instead of employing him in your firm.
Nothing like employment i will not dear it he may corrupt others but to give him support is okay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by frozen70(f): 4:51am On Sep 11, 2022
Durabest:
Good evening to everyone here.After the dead of our father in year 2000 my elder Brother called our father's lawyer to come and read out our fathers will,he came and do as our father has instructed and 5m was paid to a fixed account for me,but with instruction that i must be up to 20yrs before i will be able to make use of it.To cut the story short i invested in enviromental management and it involves management of waste and many others.So i have these guy as a cousin each time he pays me visits in my office he always feel ashame anytime my workers are around maybe he came and i'm not around he will be telling them how iretative he felt any time he comes around my office.So two years ago i got a contract to manage enviromental waste for two differents companies that is involved in oil busines,My cousin whom was ashame just graduated and a family meeting was called to see how we can assist him which i support the idea and we raised 8m now he's calling me to employ him that he's broke.

What happened to the 8m you people raised for him

Before you employ him remind him of his dirty comments he made about the job and ask him if truly he wants to join

Make sure he does exactly whatever others are doing and don't give him. Special preference
Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by SocialJustice: 5:37am On Sep 11, 2022
Durabest:
Did I read that 8 million was raised and he's now broke? Do not let that guy near your company unless you have proper management structure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by Foodqueen(f): 6:11am On Sep 11, 2022
Don't try it. People like that will want to ruin you.

2 Likes

Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by Richy4(m): 6:56am On Sep 11, 2022
I might be wrong though but he might run you down with 'the owner of the company is my brother mentality'..
if u don't have the strength for unnecessary family conflict resolution, just sleep over it for a week before doing something that reckless embarassed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by techWriter3: 7:17am On Sep 11, 2022
have not chance it
Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 11, 2022
It’s part of life and growth he has learnt his lessons, please do well to still assist him. It’s part of life lessons and growth, we all would grow.
Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by Truvelisback(m): 7:56am On Sep 11, 2022
Durabest:
After raising 8m for him, he is till broke? He is not serious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by drmuchin: 7:59am On Sep 11, 2022
Village people are really focussed on your brother head
Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by pansophist(m): 8:04am On Sep 11, 2022
I love that you went into business and stood your ground when he was looking down on you. But don't employ him. Assist him from afar, envy and hatred are more likely to come out from such situation than love.

Quite frankly, people like your cousin are idiots who are all for the glamour but not for the sweat, and that's why he suffers. Relate with him as basic as it can as relations, but never fraternize.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by Lamanii22(f): 8:35am On Sep 11, 2022
Please come and employ me!

1 Like

Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by dododawa1: 8:49am On Sep 11, 2022
Help him out not in your company.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by Nigerianization(m): 9:19am On Sep 11, 2022
ab1x:
You need to be extremely careful with your decision. Not saying you should not help but pray about it before you do so.

Nothing to pray about. The guy is a wasteful fellow and should be avoided. Period.

Even if he had bought dollars with 4 million and saved, flexed with one million and bought a car to start a bolt or Uber business with Three million since 2017 - which he would manage drive himself, he would be commanding at least two other fleet of cars and getting returns and still be a big boy. Dollar was not up to 300 then, 4 million naira would have gotten him close to 15k dollars. Now his 4 million would have almost doubled

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by Nigerianization(m): 9:24am On Sep 11, 2022
frozen70:

What happened to the 8m you people raised for him

Before you employ him remind him of his dirty comments he made about the job and ask him if truly he wants to join

Make sure he does exactly whatever others are doing and don't give him. Special preference

It's not easy. Bringing in family to join your business is tricky. Easy to come in, hard to discard.

Treat him with a long spoon, am talking from experience

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by Baronthecelebri: 9:54am On Sep 11, 2022
Be careful family and business,is not good.
Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by frozen70(f): 10:25am On Sep 11, 2022
Nigerianization:

It's not easy. Bringing in family to join your business is tricky. Easy to come in, hard to discard.

Treat him with a long spoon, am talking from experience

That's true
Re: My Cousin That Was Once Ashame Of My Company Is Now Asking Me For Employment by jeromestarks: 11:30am On Sep 11, 2022
Stay true to whatever you do and one day, your enemies will become fans (as long as you didn't hurt anyone).

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What They Are Saying This Morning in Lagos / No Regret! / (picture) Funny Things Babies Do With Statue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.