Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Yoruba People Abroad Don’t Want Anything To Do With Nigeria Again – Gani Adams - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba People Abroad Don’t Want Anything To Do With Nigeria Again – Gani Adams (649 Views)

FG To Nigerians Abroad: Don’t Come Home For Christmas / Femi Adesina: Buhari Doesn’t Want Anything From Nigeria / "I Fight For Nigeria, Not Because I Want Anything" - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba People Abroad Don’t Want Anything To Do With Nigeria Again – Gani Adams by bennybuhari: 5:32pm On Sep 11, 2022
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland, Iba Gani Adams has said 90 per cent of Yoruba people in the diaspora don’t want anything to do with Nigeria again, rather they are seeking to have a nation of their own.

Speaking with DAILY INDEPENDENT in Lagos, Adams who said the issue of the Yoruba Nation has not died down said most of the youths are not happy with people like him who are advocating for a restructured Nigeria or a return to regionalism.

He said “I don’t think the issue of Yoruba nation has died down. Yorubas in the diaspora are done with Nigeria. They don’t want a country called Nigeria anymore. About of 90 per cent of Yoruba people in the diaspora don’t want to be associated with anything called Nigeria anymore. Even when people like us talk about the return of the country to regionalism or True Federalism, they don’t like it”.

“They will call me and say ‘Aare, why are you still talking about Nigeria when all we want is the Yoruba nation?’ I have to explain to them that you have an option. If you want to pull out of Nigeria, it is either through war or you go through a referendum in the United Nation. When we are talking of war, are we ready for war? Are Yoruba people prepared for collateral damages?”.

‘What our forefathers like Awolowo, Jakande, Ajasin, Bola Ige, Onabanjo, Ambrose Alli have built for us, are we ready to destroy it? I am saying this because northerners don’t care about the war. They are warriors.

“If an average Fulani man has N10, he will use N3 to buy weapons. That is Fulani for you. When they die, they accept it as the will of Allah, bury the person immediately and move on. The same with the Hausa people.

“You can’t compare Yoruba people to them. When someone dies in Yorubaland, they will celebrate it on that day. Later, they will do an eight-day celebration, 40 days and later, one-year remembrance. Some will even do 10 years of remembrance.

“The Fulanis don’t have time for that. They are prone to war and they are very united. That is why we need to apply the strategy on this issue”.

“I will be the last person to go against our youths on the issue of Yoruba nation. It is the total liberation of our people. But when you know your people are not ready, you do it gradually. Most of the countries in the world first get their autonomy.

“If the other regions reason enough, we can continue on the basis of regionalism. But if in future, they don’t want to reason, everybody can go his own way”
https://independent.ng/yoruba-in-diaspora-dont-want-anything-to-do-with-nigeria-again-gani-adams/

1 Share

Re: Yoruba People Abroad Don’t Want Anything To Do With Nigeria Again – Gani Adams by Authority1o1(m): 5:32pm On Sep 11, 2022
Okay...

It's a wonder how no one accuses Tinubu of being an Oduduwa Republic Candidate, but Obi is an IPOB candidate.

Tinubu must first of all convince Nigerians, beyond every reasonable doubt, that he isn't in collusion with Yoruba elders or some Southwest regional authority to actualise Oduduwa Republic.

And that he must prove by openly condemning the agitations for and activities of Oduduwa Republic/OPC.

If not, we cannot trust him with the presidency.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba People Abroad Don’t Want Anything To Do With Nigeria Again – Gani Adams by Corridon: 5:33pm On Sep 11, 2022
No wonder they are fronting Tinubu as their candidate. Tinubu is an enemy of Nigeria.
Re: Yoruba People Abroad Don’t Want Anything To Do With Nigeria Again – Gani Adams by Redomi(m): 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2022
It's a lie, Yoruba people abroad are the biggest fan of Peter Obi

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba People Abroad Don’t Want Anything To Do With Nigeria Again – Gani Adams by OXYZ: 5:37pm On Sep 11, 2022
NOT LIKELY
Re: Yoruba People Abroad Don’t Want Anything To Do With Nigeria Again – Gani Adams by jkpbestseries: 5:37pm On Sep 11, 2022
Tinubu must get Awolowo treatment from the north
Re: Yoruba People Abroad Don’t Want Anything To Do With Nigeria Again – Gani Adams by Buckeyemedia1: 5:41pm On Sep 11, 2022
jkpbestseries:
Tinubu must get Awolowo treatment from the north
You will wait in vain.
Re: Yoruba People Abroad Don’t Want Anything To Do With Nigeria Again – Gani Adams by Buckeyemedia1: 5:43pm On Sep 11, 2022
Redomi:
It's a lie, Yoruba people abroad are the biggest fan of Peter Obi
Biggest fan of pandora Pete? Talk is cheap.

Only an Ipobian for one second will believe proud Yoruba people will abandon theirs, for an Ipobian.

Maybe you think the position of the President of The Republic of Nigeria is like class prefect?
Re: Yoruba People Abroad Don’t Want Anything To Do With Nigeria Again – Gani Adams by derecho(m): 5:44pm On Sep 11, 2022
Gani Adams
Wait to see how everyone including foreigners will come Nigeria post 2023.
Peter Obi is coming
Re: Yoruba People Abroad Don’t Want Anything To Do With Nigeria Again – Gani Adams by ElSudani: 5:47pm On Sep 11, 2022
One thing, this Yoruba flag is beautiful.
Re: Yoruba People Abroad Don’t Want Anything To Do With Nigeria Again – Gani Adams by etrouble: 5:48pm On Sep 11, 2022
Yoruba people at home also don't want anything to do with them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba People Abroad Don’t Want Anything To Do With Nigeria Again – Gani Adams by etrouble: 5:48pm On Sep 11, 2022
derecho:
Gani Adams
Wait to see how everyone including foreigners will come Nigeria post 2023.
Peter Obi is coming

Peter Giringori Pandora Obituary will never ever rule Nigeria nor Biafra
Re: Yoruba People Abroad Don’t Want Anything To Do With Nigeria Again – Gani Adams by OBALOLA55(m): 5:50pm On Sep 11, 2022
grin
Re: Yoruba People Abroad Don’t Want Anything To Do With Nigeria Again – Gani Adams by derecho(m): 5:50pm On Sep 11, 2022
We don't know the bolded
etrouble:

Peter Giringori Pandora Obituary will never ever rule Nigeria nor Biafra
Re: Yoruba People Abroad Don’t Want Anything To Do With Nigeria Again – Gani Adams by Buckeyemedia1: 5:53pm On Sep 11, 2022
etrouble:
Yoruba people at home also don't want anything to do with them.
Maybe that is why Saka of Arsenal chose to represent England?
Re: Yoruba People Abroad Don’t Want Anything To Do With Nigeria Again – Gani Adams by hisexcellency34: 5:55pm On Sep 11, 2022
Did he say Yoruba people are afraid of war unlike the Fulani people?
Re: Yoruba People Abroad Don’t Want Anything To Do With Nigeria Again – Gani Adams by Redomi(m): 6:03pm On Sep 11, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
Biggest fan of pandora Pete? Talk is cheap.

Only an Ipobian for one second will believe proud Yoruba people will abandon theirs, for an Ipobian.

Maybe you think the position of the President of The Republic of Nigeria is like class prefect?
I am Yoruba
I am Ondo
I am Obidient
I am Yuseful

Most people around here in my town are Obidient
Re: Yoruba People Abroad Don’t Want Anything To Do With Nigeria Again – Gani Adams by slimfit1(m): 6:41pm On Sep 11, 2022
Authority1o1:
Okay...

It's a wonder how no one accuses Tinubu of being an Oduduwa Republic Candidate, but Obi is an IPOB candidate.

Tinubu must first of all convince Nigerians, beyond every reasonable doubt, that he isn't in collusion with Yoruba elders or some Southwest regional authority to actualise Oduduwa Republic.

And that he must prove by openly condemning the agitations for and activities of Oduduwa Republic/OPC.

If not, we cannot trust him with the presidency.

Tinubu only cares about himself, you let him loose and see how fast the Oduduwa nation will rise. He thinks favouring Hausa people will make way for him.
Obi has not done anything that makes him IPOB. Buhari is a book haram spokesman and negotiator during Jonathan's time thou. He is still protecting Fulani terrorist. Shehu Garuba their current spokesman. By the way, I support Sowore go on.
Re: Yoruba People Abroad Don’t Want Anything To Do With Nigeria Again – Gani Adams by Terror48: 7:18pm On Sep 11, 2022
Later they we say it's only Igbos that are crying for their own country
Re: Yoruba People Abroad Don’t Want Anything To Do With Nigeria Again – Gani Adams by cockcrowatdawn(m): 8:09pm On Sep 11, 2022
I hope when tinubu losses they won't start this oduduwa republic thing grin
Re: Yoruba People Abroad Don’t Want Anything To Do With Nigeria Again – Gani Adams by Prinxzona10: 8:39pm On Sep 11, 2022
The most foolish and useless leaders in Nigeria are from South East(no apology) because they are too greedy,selfish,jealous,wicked and too self centered via if not me,nobody can have it syndrome.

Check the plans of Yoruba Leaders,then compare it with the nonsensical lunatic mentality of their South Eastern counterpart...

It's only the intelligent and smartly sophisticated people will understand what's playing out within Yoruba kings or obas lately...

Tinubu has seen the handwriting on the wall via that he wouldn't see second,let alone seeing first position,so he decided to coerce and threaten the Northerners with separation by proxy( Northerners fears disintegration of Nigeria more than their lives ) using all these Yoruba Obas and Kings,to indirectly force them to work for him and also stop them from aligning with Atiku for a possible Northern take over of the presidency again...

Many things are playing out on the background buh the truth is that Nigeria is likely not to remain the same after 2023 general election except the one the majority of Nigerians desired wins..

I rest my case...Gracias!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Bayelsa 1 Million Man Health March For Peter Obi: Photos / Don’t Vote For ‘killers’ Candidate In 2023 Polls – Jonathan Begs Nigerian Youths / Yusuf Datti Attend Labour Party Town Hall Meeting In Minna (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.