Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,968 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Ini Nnyin Edi Emi Was To Create Awareness In Power Shift - Ita Giwa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ini Nnyin Edi Emi Was To Create Awareness In Power Shift - Ita Giwa (173 Views)

Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant / Florence Ita-Giwa Decamps To APC With Governor Ayade / Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ini Nnyin Edi Emi Was To Create Awareness In Power Shift - Ita Giwa by offiong187: 7:48am On Sep 13, 2022
I created the Slogan "Ini Nnyin Edi Emi" To Create Awareness That Power Should Return To The South - Senator Ita Giwa

Princess Florence Ita Giwa Monday stated that the Slogan " Ini Nnyin Edi Emi" was borne out of the need to create awareness among the people of the southern Senatorial district that it is their turn to produce the next Governor of Cross River State.

She made the assertion when the Gubernatorial candidate of the APC Prince Bassey Otu visited the palace of the Obong of Calabar to seek for support and receive royal blessings for the task ahead.

According to Senator Ita Giwa, " Governor Ben Ayade made a promise to return power to the south based on the overwhelming support he got from the south during his second term elections, and today he has kept that promise, but there have been times that it seems we are not appreciative enough of what we have been given that is why we came up with the Slogan " Ini Nnyin Edi Emi" to galvanize and ginger support in the southern Senatorial district".

Continuing senator Ita Giwa said " I have nothing against the other party choosing to field a candidate from another Senatorial district, after all he is a Cross Riverian he is free to contest, but we have to work hard to win this election to establish that balance and equity so that the next generation will know that when it is your turn, it is your turn".

In his remarks, the gubernatorial candidate of the APC in Cross River State Prince Bassey Edet Otu said he was at the palace to thank his eminence and the entire Etubom council for their spiritual backing which helped him emerge as the gubernatorial candidate of his party.

“Your eminence, we have only come to say thank you for standing behind us, for your spiritual backing all through the process up to my nomination as the gubernatorial candidate of my party, the APC. I wish to say thank you.

I also came here to thank those your children who backed me up during the primaries even when I did not give them a dime. I came to thank you and also inform you that I will be embarking on a thank you tour of the entire Southern senatorial district, to appreciate all those who stood by us and that is why we are here sir " Senator Otu quipped.

Responding, The Obong of Calabar, his Eminence, Edidem Ekpo Okon Abasi Otu VI, reaffirmed his commitment on the back to south movement , adding that " There is no contest it is the turn of the south".

According to the king, " looking at the calibre of people who accompanied Sen. Otu to this palace, it is clear that Cross River State is here and that is all that we need."

" This goes to show that the whole state is in agreement that power should rotate among the three zones for equity and fairness." Edidem Abasi Otu said.

He thanked Governor Ayade for standing by his words and returning power to the south despite the antics of desperate politicians.

Dignitaries at the event include, Sen. Victor Ndoma Egba, Chief Mrs Winifred Oyo-Ita, Prof. Eyo Etim Nyong, Dr. Betta Edu, High Chief Edem Duke, Barr. Fidelis Ugbo Mr Asuquo Ekpenyong, Mr Peter Odey, Chief Peter Okie, Ambassador Sonny Abang, among others

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Really The APC Presidential Candidate, What Are His Manifesto? / Peter Obi A Presidential Candidate Or Ponzi Chief ? / Asiwaju Lokan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.