Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,463 members, 7,812,414 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant (48070 Views)

Florence Ita-Giwa Decamps To APC With Governor Ayade / Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar / Florence Ita Giwa Celebrates Her 74th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by fergie001: 4:58pm On Sep 13, 2023
There has been some frosty relationship between the former Cross-River State Governor, Donald Duke and Florence Ita-Giwa "Mama Bakassi" as she is fondly called.

Indeed, in May 2022, Ita Giwa knocked Duke for not inviting her to the PDP meeting, saying, “When the destiny and political future of an entire ethnic nationality is to be deliberated upon, it requires that partisanship and chauvinistic sentiments be set aside. All shades of opinion and all tendencies have to be given the space to find expression.

“The recent so-called non-partisan consultation convened by H.E Donald Duke ostensibly
to deliberate on governorship power shift to the south and possibility of coming up with a consensus Governorship candidate might have been commendable but for the fact that it was clearly not all inclusive.

“How such an assembly can be called without my involvement and participation is downright insulting not just to my person but the Efik Kingdom of which I represent in my capacity as Mother of the women in the Kingdom.

“It also demonstrates utter disregard for the women of the Southern Senatorial Zone of who by the grace of God, I am a leading light of.

“Even as the matter can be said to be of a political nature, with all modesty I make bold to say I parade the most impressive political portfolio of all political actors in the zone.”

Duke responds
WHY I NEVER RESPOND TO THE ASPERSIONS OF MADAM FLORENCE ITA-GIWA ON MY PERSON

In human interactions, two factors are sacrosanct, age and authority and even more so in the African context. On both counts, Mma Florence is my senior.

Indeed, if she were family, she would qualify as my late 94 year old mother's immediate junior sister, as none of my aunties are anywhere near her age and I don’t take that lightly. I recall a former Federal Minister, telling me that when he started secondary school at Lagos in 1952, Mma Florence the same year commenced training as an auxiliary nurse at Aba. Indeed, Mma Floxy as I fondly and respectfully call her, had aspired and contested the Ms. Nigeria pageant, while I was still a foetus, (she contested in April 1961 and I was born much later in September of the same year).

Earlier last year, she scoffed at a meeting I held at my residence to harmonize southern aspirants under the platform of the PDP, she was vexed she was not invited. I apologized to her, but made it clear she did not qualify to attend, as 1. She’s not a member of the PDP and 2, although she bears the honorific title of “Eka Iban”, in the strict sense, she’s neither Efik nor of southern Cross River origin. (She’s paternally from Atabong in Akwa Ibom State and maternally from Umuahia in Abia State).

That notwithstanding, she has served Cross River State, her State of residence, diligently to the acknowledgment of all, Mma Floxy has also served Nigeria well. At the onset of the Nigerian civil war in 1967, when I was barely 6 years old, she was already serving at the front lines. She was one of the few brave ladies reverentially referred to as the 'Commando Girls' for their exploits and services in times of a national crisis.

Thereafter, she’s been in the front lines of business and societal struggles, in Abuja, Lagos and of course Cross River State. Her resume in this regard is wholesome.

She has represented Cross River State at the Federal House of Representatives and the Nigerian Senate. She has been a Special Adviser to the President and has diligently carried out several responsibilities most of which remain classified.

Recently, she queried my gender, frankly, I’m pleased she’s not in a position to confirm as that would have been sacrilegious, but I am indeed a proud father of 3 biological children. On the issue of me being indigent prior to being Elected Governor, I needn’t remind her or anyone my pedigree and that I self sponsored my elections even at that time of political uncertainty.

On a personal note, I stood in as her person of contact when she did liposuction, breast implant and upliftment, so I consider her somewhat of an aunt, a next of kin. Contrarily, Mma Floxy, has been known to be courtesan in her political and business dealings. All said, it will be a betrayal of my upbringing to be abusive or cast aspersions on such a personage. Politics should never be a platform that denigrates the ethos of respect to our elders. Thank You.

Donald Duke
Former Governor, Cross River State

SOURCE: CrossRiverWatch

Earlier this year, during Campaign rallies in the Southern part of the State, the 77-year-old followed up with another salvo, saying the former Governor (Duke) came to the State with a briefcase and squatted in a friend’s house (before he became Governor).

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by festacman(m): 5:01pm On Sep 13, 2023
Aesthetically, Florence Ita-Giwa is at liberty, like any other woman, to make effort to look beautiful. Politically, however, there is basically no difference between Donald Duke and Florence Ita-Giwa. They are part of the selfish politicians that keep riding on the back of people of Cross River people to advance political and financial interests since the formation of PDP in 1989. They may change political parties, but their motives remain the same.

What is still baffling today is how Donald Duke, as governor of Cross River State, sunk billions of Naira in Tinapa Project, a project of which he alone seems to understand in the whole in Cross River State because even Liyel Imoke the successor governor he installed abandoned it and successive governors followed suit. The buildings are still there wasting away and he, Donald Duke has not even been able to explain how to put the buildings to use as the one who conceived the project.

All over the world, a massive project as Tinapa comes with a document that shows the plan, the phases, the objectives, cost/benefit analysis, opportunities it offers, scalability, how it will impact other sectors, etc. This helps everybody to buy into the project and successive governments would find it easy to continue or even improve upon. Tinapa looks now like Donald Duke's personal pet vanity project.

Donald Duke should shut the f*ck up.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by TemplarLandry: 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2023
cool

1 Like

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by Cantonese: 5:05pm On Sep 13, 2023
Very Savage response!

Very well calculated. Very well organized. Complete shut up to Mrs. Ita Giwa.

Sometimes when they talk and talk, they seem to think that the right to irresponsible comment rests on them only.

Now Duke has exposed to everyone how she had breast implants. Maybe she can now find some rest and get off Duke's back.

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by oghalebros(m): 5:08pm On Sep 13, 2023
That is politics for you.... When you are not in power again that is when you will know your true friends and foe

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by Okoroawusa: 5:11pm On Sep 13, 2023
Is this necessary?

145 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by illicit(m): 5:15pm On Sep 13, 2023
Omoh

Donald Duke just use courtesy and grammar insult the hell out of this grandma o

shocked

157 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by Ofunaofu: 5:17pm On Sep 13, 2023
Cantonese:
Very Savage response!

Very well calculated. Very well organized. Complete shut up to Mrs. Ita Giwa.

Sometimes when they talk and talk, they seem to think that the right to irresponsible comment rests on them only.

Now Duke has exposed to everyone how she had breast implants. Maybe she can now find some rest and get off Duke's back.

Honestly, I had to read the entire response more than once

The response was well calculated, concise and precise.

No outright insults but he still insulted Mma Floxy

Truly, a very savage response

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by Sangoamadioha1: 5:19pm On Sep 13, 2023
[/b] Contrarily, Mma Floxy, has been known to be courtesan in her political and business dealings. All said, it will be a betrayal of my upbringing to be abusive or cast aspersions on such a personage. Politics should never be a platform that denigrates the ethos of respect to our elders. Thank You.[b]

See bad mouth 😂. You call person olosho and still say you no dey abuse am.

121 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by gaby(m): 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2023
People sabi use English and hailing take politely insult person life sha....

Haba Duke..

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by Hotfreezing: 5:41pm On Sep 13, 2023
Politics is crazy.
The day you fall out of your friends, they will tell you the history of your family that no one in your family is aware of.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by Pakute: 5:48pm On Sep 13, 2023
Donald Duke dey try tell mama say her papa side been come from Akwa Ibom plus her mama side been come from Abia state, so therefore, make she no vex if e no dey invite her come chook mouth inside Cross River matter as she only be resident and anything she gain sake of politics na only by priviledge not by right.
In summary, Mama Ita Giwa be like GRV for Lagos but people wey dey drag Yoruba will be hailing Donald Duke for savagery.. hypocrisy!

144 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by tishbite42: 5:50pm On Sep 13, 2023
Chai, just called her a high-class prostitute
And that she is
Dele Giwa suffer for her hand

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by kingthreat(m): 5:57pm On Sep 13, 2023
Lesson: Don't fight an intelligent person.
Madam Liposuction hope you are learning. Time to sheath your sword and quit politics.

149 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by Karemarealty288(m): 5:59pm On Sep 13, 2023
Chidi Mokeme really tried.........ancestorial liposuctionary breastfeeding is opprobriously gengaron grin

Mr. Duke subtly described Madam as ancient of days wey no hear word grin

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by inoki247: 6:00pm On Sep 13, 2023
Na family matter....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by Bleiz(m): 6:02pm On Sep 13, 2023
After calling her olosho, high class olosho, you still talk say you don't want to cast aspersions on her

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by Racoon(m): 6:10pm On Sep 13, 2023
Donald Duke response is epic.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by dealslip(f): 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2023
What a polite insult!!! He used grammar to tell Mama Bakassi that if it wasn't that she was an elderly woman. He would have called her a useless woman.
Duke is not someone I see use such vituperatives. Mama must have struck the wrong chords.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by Cannojack92: 6:20pm On Sep 13, 2023
Guys am not stingy like others, make my follow guys benefit too

I just received my own this morning around 9:15Am just de play de go

Palmpay are still giving away 20,000 naira instantly and you can withdraw it anytime you want, it for new user that join them using the campaign link only without doing any task or referring anyone it free.

But old user like me can benefit too by using another phone number to register and collect your money pass. No playing

Note you must use the verify campaign link before you are qualified to get the reward, don’t worry I will drop the campaign link for you guys but once you receive the money you will give me my percent for showing you this update ooo

5k after you receive the money for me showing you this update Please op.ay acct 8.1.78..98…..568

When you Click below link you will be taken to a Facebook post, you will find the verify campaign link in the Facebook post and use it to register, hurry now don’t miss this opportunity as e de hot

Click the link below

https://www.facebook.com/100087321703803/posts/pfbid02TuiqCBPQ9nn1SY3v5WskKe1ccF8pXUvGVj8d1cZTuop7XjYDoFyk6SsKBdVpKiNjl/?mibextid=cr9u03

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by meum: 6:21pm On Sep 13, 2023
Duke of Calabar

3 Likes

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by LivingSage: 6:21pm On Sep 13, 2023
Why this sad sad
Karemarealty288:
Chidi Mokeme really tried.........ancestorial liposuctionary breastfeeding is very opprobriously gengaron grin

Mr. Duke subtly described Madam as ancient of days
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by Saidfx(m): 6:21pm On Sep 13, 2023
Milfs.

5 Likes

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by Christistruth00: 6:23pm On Sep 13, 2023
Karemarealty288:
Chidi Mokeme really tried.........ancestorial liposuctionary breastfeeding is very opprobriously gengaron grin

Mr. Duke subtly described Madam as ancient of days

Chidi Mokeme is now dealing with a Partially paralyzed face I hope it is not related

Though I am praying for his recovery

102 Likes 1 Share

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by raskymonojendor: 6:23pm On Sep 13, 2023
This one na their Calabar wahala..family feud.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by Mindlog: 6:23pm On Sep 13, 2023
Hmm...
Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by ZACHIE: 6:24pm On Sep 13, 2023
Now, this is the cruelest attack anyone ever dished to any person this year. This is insanely cruel.
Forget all the sweet nonsense, Donald Duke rubbed that woman in the mud. This is unforgivable.

Check that word COURTESAN. Analyse it and understand the bile in Donald Duke.

Wicked.
Ashewo osi.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant by sedIoyol(m): 6:24pm On Sep 13, 2023
Lesson: Don't fight an intelligent person.
Madam Liposuction hope you are learning. Time to sheath your sword and quit politics

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Troops Neutralize Female Suicide Bomber - (Graphic Pics) / Labour Party Presidential Campaign Rally In Ibadan (Pictures, Video) / Alex Otti Wins Polling Units In Umuahia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.