Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,150 members, 7,811,285 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure (16341 Views)

‘I Am Not Owing Workers Any Dime’ – Yahaya Bello Speaks After Election Victory / Salary Arrears: Gov Bello Makes U-turn, Insists He's Not Owing Workers' Salaries / Kogi Govt Owing Workers 38 Months Salaries – Nigeria Labour Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by wwwihy: 2:27pm On Sep 13, 2022
By virtue of Governor @CCSoludo
clearing 20 years unpaid gratuities, we can confidently say that Paperweight Politician
@PeterObi lied when he said he didn't owe Anambra civil servants a dime. You see history, you can never change it. So long you have a conscious society

https://twitter.com/CensorshipO/status/1569613488095379458

20 yrs unpaid gratuities: We ‘re happy with Soludo’s plans — Pensioners

Pensioners in Anambra State have expressed happiness with the plans by Governor Chukwuma Soludo administration to defray the gratuity arrears owed them since the regime of former Chinwoke Mbadinuju.

They are also excited that the existing cordial relationship between them and the state government would continue unhindered especially if Governor Soludo would redouble his efforts at liquidating the arrears owed them by his predecessor, former Governor Willie Obiano’s administration.

Chairman of the state chapter of Nigeria Union of Pensioners, NUP, Anthony Ugozor, who spoke in Awka, said Soludo had been paying the pensioners their monthly pensions as at when due since he assumed office in March.

Ugozor who spoke against the backdrop of arrears of pensions and gratuities owed them since former Governor Chinwoke Mbadinuju administration, which he said Governor Soludo has referred to the state House of Assembly.

According to Ugozor, “The administration of Obiano owed us arrears and left, but we met the current governor, Prof Chukwuma Soludo, concerning the problems of all the pensioners in the state, and the matter is now before the House of Assembly.

“We have met the lawmakers twice and they have also invited the ministry concerned Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Matters, but officials of the ministry have refused to honour the invitation.

“Since they have failed to come on two occasions they were invited, the House committee has written again, warning that if they fail to come at the next meeting, it will use every power available to it to address the issue”.

On the issue of gratuities, he said Governor Soludo has decided to keep money aside every month and when it reaches N300million, he will divide and share it among pensioners who are owed. He will use N150million to pay the state pensioners and the other N150million for the local government pensioners. He has started doing it. It is a way of gradually liquidating the arrears and it is very impressive.

“We petitioned the Assembly and they invited us and we gave them some documents. It is the Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Matters, which supervises the Joint Action Committee, JAC that has been invited. Although it is not the problem of the present officers at the ministry, since the government is a continuum, they have to be invited. The most important thing is for the money to be paid to us”.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/09/20-yrs-unpaid-gratuities-we-re-happy-with-soludos-plans-pensioners/amp/

173 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by rusher14: 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2022
grin

Obi was saving the money for their grandchildren.

148 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by CaptainAyub: 2:29pm On Sep 13, 2022
Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by REDshouse(m): 2:29pm On Sep 13, 2022
Another Vau len ses loading

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by Pandev(m): 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2022
grin

What a day for the zombiedients. Gbas gbos left and right. A perfect timing for the popular Yoruba proverb: bí iró bá lo ní ogún odún, ojó kan soso ni òtító á ba. (If lie runs for 20 years, it'll take the truth just only one day to catch up with the lie)

129 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2022
TheWorldNearEnd:
Where was it stated?
calculate twenty years from now

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by wwwihy: 2:47pm On Sep 13, 2022
TheWorldNearEnd:
Where was it stated?

So you can't read with logical reasoning?

235 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by colorsofrainbow: 2:57pm On Sep 13, 2022
Ijelespeaks and oyiboupdate wey be deported Tinubu APC criminals are even speaking grin grin

Jokers na e dey support Tinubu grin grin

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by Bar1941(m): 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2022
No amount of hyping or forceful imposition can make Obi win the election. You can't tell me Obi is the right man for the position and you find it difficult to point out to his achievements as a governor.

We can all see the lanslide achievements of Tinubu, Donald Duke, Fashola even currently Zulum, Umahi are making in their various states, but none could be shown for a failure called Obi.

When I see people shouting Obi, I have to go back and check if their was another Obi aside Peter Obi that governed Anambra some 20years ago that these hypers were talking about, if it's thesame Peter Obi, forget, he is a scam and even the people promoting him know this, they just like to place mediocrity above competency.

87 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by Mopolchi: 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2022
OP lies and unfounded ones for that matter angry Ijelespeaks and Oyigboupdate are APC sychophants and have nothing to offer other than lies

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by dmostcheerful(f): 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2022
Ok.
Read to understand, war!
Tinubu's urchins eeh.
No matter how I read this thing, I can't see where it stayed Obi owe them, it was Obiano that is owing them.
They just used a captivating headline, months being owed wasn't even stated.
Tufiakwa.
Urchins has been given headline to masturbate on.

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by temitope27(m): 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2022
Obi na oloriburuku somebody, AJE

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by Laple0541(m): 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2022
Only fools will expect a chronic liar like Obi to fix Nigeria's economy. A man that altered statistics at will just to sound inteligent in the face of his gullible supporters, a promoter of religious and ethnic crisis? No way.

Anambra is currently on fire and you will never see Obi condemning the atrocities his UGM supporters are perpetrating there, is that the man we want to take Nigeria out of her present sorry condition? Forget the chronic liar, use your brain and vote for tested and proven candidate.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by rusher14: 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2022
Obi did not know he was owing.

20 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by nkemoma(m): 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2022
Every minute they looking for lies and faults to rope this man..

What kinda a man is this??

All other parties and candidates gang up against an individual!!!??...

This is a pointer to the fact that they know he can offer some form of liberation and emancipation to the poor and downtrodden masses.

Emilokan and Athifku now have a common enemy and have become partners..

Just like how Pilate and Herod became friends over the death of Jesu Kristi

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by Roger3D(m): 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2022
We've always known the man to be a liar

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by Obojuju: 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2022
Peter Obi of Labour Party is simply the best candidate and the man Nigeria needs desperately come 2023 presidential election. He outlined the issues that has bedevilled the country over the years proffering solutions to change the narrative once and for all. Peter Obi said:
1. I can’t sleep because I know what to do! I have gone round the 36 States of the country like I have gone round 31 countries of the world, I know the problems of Nigeria and I know I can fix them easily! Because I can see them, I can fix them!
2. Hunger takes people to the streets! Job and food will obviously take them out of crimes! That’s my specialty, creating jobs and wealth!
3. I have not come out for myself! I have come out for the millions of youths that are losing hope in our beloved country!
I have come out for the millions of women who are afraid of tomorrow and what it holds for them and their children! I have come out for the poor who are asking weather it’s a sin to be a Nigerian! For them, I have come!
4. For people who are asking if Peter Obi has ‘structure’, what structure is bigger and stronger than the collective will of the masses on whose necks the knees of the politicians have been? What structure is greater than the determination of a people who have at last decided to take back their country, their only country?
5. The battle for the rescue of the soul of Nigeria has just begun and we must all be contributive and participative in it.
6. Yes, we may not have the money to share because we didn’t steal any. We have not come to enslave but to serve.
7. Have you imagined somebody giving you money to help you? Bribing you to go and serve you? It’s wisdom to go for a permanent solution than a temporary remedy!
8. This battle is to help Nigerian youths, Market women, struggling families, students, teachers, famers, old and poor, whose helpless looking faces I see everywhere I go. It’s for these people that l, Peter Obi, have come! However, like a drowning man, they must bring out their hands to be saved!
9. In this battle, if you can’t fly, run! If you can’t run, walk! If you can’t walk, crawl! If you can’t crawl, roll! If you can’t roll, shout! By all means we must be on the move and we must be heard!
10. These people are more than 50 million of the Nigerian voting adults. They have the power. Their destiny is in their hands so they can change it. If they will it, they will win it!
11. Remember, the man with energy will always be at the mercy of the man with strategy based on synergy. With God on our side, we shall not fail and we shall not fall! May God help us!
God bless Nigeria!
12. I will rather lose doing the right thing than win doing the wrong thing.
13. Nigeria must move beyond oil; we must move from Consumption to Production nation.

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by blackpanda: 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2022
truth don de come out grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by aariwa(m): 3:07pm On Sep 13, 2022
Lol a man quoting unrealistic figures to pamper Gov soludo is what is making you people jump for joy.Obi not only owed nobody any dime, he cleared the backlog of some gratuities Ngige couldn’t cover and willie Obiano had always as his major achievement pointed at paying workers regularly not only their salaries but all benefits too so where is the twenty 20 years figure from the sycophant coming from?

24 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by blackpanda: 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2022
Chai
Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by afbstrategies: 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2022
Too late for fake News. I am already Obidient grin grin

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by Electorate: 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2022

17 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2022
The write up said from Obiano, I am from Anambra and Peter Obi cleared all Pensions and Gratuties before leaving office.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by blackpanda: 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2022
rusher14:
Obi did not know he was owing.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA cheesy cheesy cheesy shocked shocked

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by Millimann: 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2022
They are still searching for how to bring Obi down.

It's too late. Una no fit bring am down.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by otijah(m): 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2022
This Nairaland forum is hell bent on bringing Obi down. Am wondering if Tinubu paid Oga Seun money just to pull Peter Obi down

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by temitope27(m): 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2022
TheWorldNearEnd:
Where was it stated?
are you blind ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Accused Of Owing Workers And Pensioners During His Tenure by nazicartel(m): 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2022
Make una rest kwanu. Why didn't Obiano pay off ?

1 Like

HIGHESTPOPORI:
The write up said from Obiano, I am from Anambra andPeter

pLEASE dont come and lie here biko

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bomb Blast At Area 10 In Abuja? / FG Charges Ekweremadu, Akpan With Refusal To Declare Assets / Garba Shehu: Twitter Suspension Has Reduced Spread Of Fake News By PDP Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.