Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,725 members, 7,844,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. (8984 Views)

Lalong Gives Ex-Governor Jang Two Weeks To Return “Stolen Money” / Jang Appoints Son, Others Special Advisers / Gunmen Attack Governor Jang’s Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by Niseamaka(m): 4:42am On Aug 12, 2011
edoyad:

[size=18pt]YES I SAID IT ! It happens every fricking where. People get born every day and people get murdered also. People give alms to the needy every day and hardened criminals kill and maim too. Drug barons kill dozens every day and humanitarians sacrifice their lives for the helpless.

Nigeria is not the worst place on earth and Nigerians are not the worst people either. More than half the countries on this planet are worse places to live in and the people there even more terrible. Don't come here and call Nigerians evil people because you lost MATERIAL POSSESSIONS. People will lose loved ones to criminals tonight for absolutely nothing. It's painful to be a victim to thieves but it's not the worst thing in the world. Nigerians are just people everywhere else [/size]

WHERE IN MY POST DID I REFER TO NIGERIA AS THE WORST PLACE ON EARTH OR NIGERIAN`S, THE WORST PEOPLE?. WHERE DID I CALL NIGERIAN`S EVIL PEOPLE?.
 It is unbelievable that you have a problem with someone lamenting the lose of all she laboured for. Not even one word of condemnation for the perpertrators.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by Jenifa1: 4:56am On Aug 12, 2011
when I visited Plateau early last month, I went to the governor's house and this is what I overheard from one of the conference rooms:
---
Gov. Jang: Son, I need your advice. how should I spend the govt allocation? we got 500 million naira this fiscal year.

Son: Father,  you should send it to my bank account without further notice,  also as your special adviser, I will also advice you to die soon so I can assume your position with immediate effect. This is the most efficient way for you to and gain the love of the people. many will come out and cry at your burial

Gov: your advice is duly noted.  some people say that fathers should advice their sons. but I don't understand them. I think it should be the other way round. In fact, you are getting a 50% raise tomorrow on top of the 20% raise I gave to you last week. just for the wonderful advice you have given me today.

Son: you're welcome. it's always a pleasure father governor Jang.
-------
I heard footsteps so I rushed out of the building.  should we expect gov. Jang to suffer a mysterious illness before the end of the year?
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by Buzman: 5:22am On Aug 12, 2011
Quite BAD if Nigerian governors are running their states from their family living rooms and appointing their children as special advisers to feed on state treasuries. It's even WORSE when some insane people come to NL to support them. No wonder this nation is backward. We have a lot of people who can't differentiate between wrong and right.

In everything, there's what we call ethics. Why do you think CEOs of publicly quoted companies are not allowed to appoint their relations as directors in the board? Why do you think some corporate policies don't even allow couples to work in the same organization? By the time Jang makes another son State Accountant, NL niggers will say as long as the son is a Chartered Accountant.

Oh my God!
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by Nobody: 5:57am On Aug 12, 2011
Nigerians.

They win - democracy
they lose - rigging
"I had no shoes" - Messiah
"I will end corruption" -God forbid

So if the man is qualified, what is the problem now? You guys are conditioned to believe that any politician that appoints family member in politic is an automatic foul. Why not dig deeper for his qualifications and credentials?

I seriously cant believe I'm nationally related to you ppl sometimes.My awesomeness has its own level sha.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by ebock: 6:34am On Aug 12, 2011
Niseamaka:

My wife shipped a Mitsubushi L300 van filled to the brim with ladies shoes and clothings
to lagos from Dublin and travelled to Nigeria with our six months old baby girl to
market the items. The vehicle was cleared and brought out  today and to our utter
shock and dismay, the vehicle was broken into through the boot inspite
of the fact that the boot and the two sliding doors were well welded, and over 90%
of the contents was stolen.Even the two boxes of nappy for our baby`s use during their
sojourn in Nigeria was also stolen.Why are we Nigerians so heartless?.

My fellow nigerian, no body is here to attack u, put urself together. Even in ur comment u can see a line like''Why are we Nigerians so heartless?'' Are u not a Nigerian? Are u heartless? A theif in Nigeria could have come from the UK within the container. Pls complain properly to the appropriate authorities. God bless u!
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by Nobody: 6:38am On Aug 12, 2011
Most Nigerians are very heartless, I tell you.

I've learned to draw a line.

"How are you"
"I'm fine thanks."

Wicked wicked ppl.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by igboboy1(m): 6:42am On Aug 12, 2011
Its a family affffair
its a family afffaiiirr

smart man!! you gat to put it in the family if wan succeed (even though e no work for ibori), at least look at the twins (their brother is their video director, their mumsy is their stylist, their sister is their house girl, u see its in the family so the ego did not leave the family)
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by Delafruita(m): 7:30am On Aug 12, 2011
@niseamaka

its a pity you and your wife lost so much.i do agree with you it is a nigerian problem because such things wouldnt have happened in a london port regardless of what some thoughtless people have posted in response to your post.its always painful when things you laboured to get are stolen from you but as they say,the mark of a true man is one who rises after a fall.i pray God gives you the grace to rise above this challenge and i pray God helps nigeria
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by Sike(m): 9:57am On Aug 12, 2011
Family matter!
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by ebock: 11:09am On Aug 12, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Most Nigerians are very heartless, I tell you.

I've learned to draw a line.

"How are you"
"I'm fine thanks."

Wicked wicked ppl.
undecided Which Nigerians? who are those left in the less Nigerians? How many percent between the heartless and the heartfelt? Pls dont be too emotional.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by ebock: 11:25am On Aug 12, 2011
Delafruita:

@niseamaka

its a pity you and your wife lost so much.i do agree with you it is a nigerian problem because such things wouldnt have happened in a london port regardless of what some thoughtless people have posted in response to your post.its always painful when things you laboured to get are stolen from you but as they say,the mark of a true man is one who rises after a fall.i pray God gives you the grace to rise above this challenge and i pray God helps nigeria
@Delafruita, there are no thoughtless people in in this forum and this is not a Nigerian problem. Pls have you visited Cameroon, Ghana or USA to see what they have to offer. Nigeria is the best place to originate from.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by striker07(m): 12:30pm On Aug 12, 2011
if he is qualified and it is not against the constitution,why not if he wishes.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by leighcon(m): 6:04pm On Aug 12, 2011
Often times I find people discussing issues based on sentiment and I have also come to conclude that a lot of people have corrupted expectations hence they never accept any matter on its merit.

If a Jang has appointed his son as a Special Adviser special duties, before we crucify him, we need to ask amongst many questions the following;

Does the law permit him to appoint someone to that office at all?
Does his son satisfy requirements to occupy that office?
What is the position of the law on the modality of appointing people to such office? Was this flouted?
In the aftermath of occupying such office, has the son enjoyed benefits unduely?

We may not be able to determine the fate with which the father appointed him but we need to watch and see if the appointment was positive towards development or not.

My take is not to support the idea of "Man know man" far from it. I am only saying if the man I know satisfies something on its merit why not give it to him. We need not deny development by exerggerating ethics.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by Skoopy(m): 7:54pm On Aug 12, 2011
Source pls!
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by leighcon(m): 10:35pm On Aug 12, 2011
^^
Thought you had to be on the internet to post this. Google is a wonderful friend use it.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by Niseamaka(m): 9:12am On Aug 13, 2011
@ebock,
obviously, you love nigeria just like the rest of us, we have no choice, it is the land of our birth.
But if nigeria is "the best country to originate from", why are we "re-branding" our image?.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by NosaHenry(m): 11:20pm On Aug 13, 2011
This is a very wrong and dengarous precedence because he employs one today, tomorrow another Gov will employ ten family members.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by innason(m): 10:53am On Aug 14, 2011
let us be mindful of bad precedence. where such continue in migeria i would not be surprise to see a governor appoint his whole family as commissioners forming his cabinet with wife,and children. Abeg no matter how bad this country has become we can only start making alot progress when we call a spade a spade. abeg the thing does not sound right.
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by begwong: 10:17am On Aug 15, 2011
POINT OF CORRECTION!! DAVID ZOYONG JANG THE SA APPOINTEE IS NOT THE SON OF GOV DAVID JONAH JANG. THE S.A IS FROM A DIFFERENT ETHNIC GROUP IN JOS NORTH LOCAL GOVT (ANAGUTA) WHILE THE GOVERNOR IS BEROM BY TRIBE FROM JOS SOUTH LOCAL GOVT OF PLATEAU STATE. JUST A COINCIDENCE OF NAME YOU MAY SAY. grin
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by tpia5: 11:58pm On Aug 15, 2011
alright then!!
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by ebock: 5:08pm On Aug 17, 2011
begwong:

POINT OF CORRECTION!! DAVID ZOYONG JANG THE SA APPOINTEE IS NOT THE SON OF GOV DAVID JONAH JANG. THE S.A IS FROM A DIFFERENT ETHNIC GROUP IN JOS NORTH LOCAL GOVT (ANAGUTA) WHILE THE GOVERNOR IS BEROM BY TRIBE FROM JOS SOUTH LOCAL GOVT OF PLATEAU STATE. JUST A COINCIDENCE OF NAME YOU MAY SAY. grin

Nawao! pls where did you get your own information from sir begwong?
Re: Governor Jang Appoints Son As Special Adviser. by ebock: 5:20pm On Aug 17, 2011
Niseamaka:

@ebock,
obviously, you love nigeria just like the rest of us, we have no choice, it is the land of our birth.
But if nigeria is "the best country to originate from", why are we "re-branding" our image?.

To re-brand your image is a business concept, it does not really mean something was bad. It is a simple way of making an older woman fit into the new school style(just repacked for better sales). We need to re-brand this country for better business.enjoy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme / EFCC Denies Report Linking Its Officials With Arms Fraud / How President Buhari Was Poisoned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.