Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,648 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) (32741 Views)

Lost One Testicle / Testosterone/ Testicle Torsion / Are Irregular Bowel Movements And Testicular Ache Relevant? / A List Of Causes Leading To Testicular Pain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by nlfpmod: 8:29am On Sep 14, 2022
As shared by Gyn Doctor:

MEN'S MUST READ
Few weeks ago, while on duty in the emergency ward, I met a young student who had been having left scrotal pain for 3days. The pain was so bad it affected how he walked. When he noticed the pain initially, he had hoped it would disappear after a little while.

When it didn't, he went to a center where he was given antibiotics. Perhaps they thought he had orchitis. Turns out he had testicular torsion. By the time he got to the hospital where I work, it was too late to save the testicle. Blood supply had been cut off from it for too long & the cells there had long died. The only thing to do was to take the testicle out. "Thankfully", it was only one testicle, not the 2, if not, that very young man would have been unable to have children, & some of the plans he had might have come to an abrupt halt.

I'm telling this story, because I feel Testicular Torsion(TT) is something most people are really not aware of.

That case isn't the only one I've seen. Some others have had it happen to both testes, at the same time, and presented too late save the testes.

TT happens when the spermatic cord (which contains vessels that supply blood to the testes) twists, such that blood circulation to and from the testes is impaired, which could lead to tissue death and subsequent need to remove the testes.

Here's the whole point.

Once a male starts having severe scrotal pain that just starts on its own, or pain that still lingers for a while after trauma to that area, just rush them to the nearest tertiary center (general or referral hospital) around you, please!

Salvaging the testes can only be guaranteed if the surgery to "untwist" the vessels supplying the testes occur within 6 hours of onset of the pain. Yes, 6 HOURS ONLY, so there's no time to lose.

Please let the young males in contact with you know about this..

Let them not endure it, hoping that it will just go. It's better to be safe, than sorry.

Please RT so that others see this too. Might just help another person.

https://twitter.com/gyn_doctor/status/1569537530558562304?t=9JiIsiLs7c9fASW07mRpmQ&s=08

45 Likes 15 Shares

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by Starman101(m): 8:34am On Sep 14, 2022
Wow

1 Like

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by Anointedclass: 8:41am On Sep 14, 2022
In summary:
The writer is advising men to take care of their epon

130 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by Manny7G(m): 8:41am On Sep 14, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by ecolime(m): 8:41am On Sep 14, 2022
The picture gives me chills cry

We men should be respected because we go through a lot without ranting about it like the other gender.

136 Likes 14 Shares

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:41am On Sep 14, 2022
Hooo Haaaa..

Only God know which one dey pain pass..

This one abi say dem kick you for balls..

Only man can judge

9 Likes

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by Kurumaru: 8:42am On Sep 14, 2022
Had a terrible experience with dis. It was back then in OAU, me and my Moz queen at the motion ground, dead in the night. Unfortunately she was on..got back to My hostel still rock hard.. B4 I knew it, pains in my low part.. Eyes opened at the OAUTH...

19 Likes

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by senecah: 8:42am On Sep 14, 2022
Great and educative thread. Thanks op.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by Mindlog: 8:42am On Sep 14, 2022
Informative.

1 Like

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by slawomir: 8:42am On Sep 14, 2022
Damnnn niggarrrr

Grab my weed to read

HopeSpencer:
My best friend had one of his tested removed because of this torsion. Since then, his mother has been begging him to impregnate someone but my guy is a timid type. About 32 years old and still not married, no girlfriend too.
The mother should relax...a female friend who is a nurse don first tell me say one ball can impregnate a woman anyday anytime twice on a woman's ovulation period

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by warrior13: 8:42am On Sep 14, 2022
ok.
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by money121(m): 8:43am On Sep 14, 2022
Ok
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by ArmedArmada: 8:43am On Sep 14, 2022
Waawu
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 14, 2022
wetin dey twist the cord? If na nacking my own go soon twist because I can't stop drilling wet pussies.

15 Likes

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by 5iine: 8:43am On Sep 14, 2022
I have been living with this for years...

Deo1986:
OP can you please tell us the causes of TT?

Stop sitting on a stone or rock.. not too sure

3 Likes

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by emmyluizzz: 8:43am On Sep 14, 2022
everyday new sick comes out...

the fact is we will all die one day..just do good and give your life to Christ

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by updatechange(m): 8:43am On Sep 14, 2022
Make God forbid this for all men, just 6 hrs...? Even if it happened inside a general hospital in Nigeria the case would've become severe before he must have registered or see the doctor.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by bigdammyj: 8:44am On Sep 14, 2022
Reading...
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by Eastcoastboy(m): 8:44am On Sep 14, 2022
The thought of sharp objects piercing my Testis scares the f**k out of me.

Seeing that image up there made me screech with fear.

There should be a drug please. That man down there is too fragile.

PS: I'm not suffering from TT

18 Likes

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by MrRhymes101(m): 8:44am On Sep 14, 2022
At the end of the day, something must kill a man
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by Mindlog: 8:45am On Sep 14, 2022
emmyluizzz:
everyday new sick comes out...

the fact is we will all die one day..just do good and give your life to Christ

There is nothing new about Testicular torsion, just that awarenesses is low just like most male reproductive health issues when compared to females.

16 Likes

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by 1metre: 8:45am On Sep 14, 2022
op, is this case different from Orchitis, please differentiate between the two
Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:45am On Sep 14, 2022
It is well with my Transformer in Jesus name. I pray the same for all men

10 Likes

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by Treasure17(m): 8:45am On Sep 14, 2022
Great information

10 Likes

Re: What To Know About Testicular Torsion (TT) by MagicalConcepts: 8:45am On Sep 14, 2022
Insightful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Celebrates Her Mum Who Has Been Down With Stroke For 10 Years / 6 New Coronavirus Cases In Osun, Nigeria. Total Of 190 Cases. 20 Discharged / U.S Is Not Prepared For Coronavirus - Health Worker, Maureen Dugan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.