Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

A Nairalander Just Described My Upbringing To My Surprise - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Nairalander Just Described My Upbringing To My Surprise (780 Views)

Some Of The Problems We Have Today In Our Marriages, Is From Our Upbringing. / Doctor Paid His Mother A Surprise Visit After 7 Years Abroad (Photos) / 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Just Described My Upbringing To My Surprise by Solofresh2: 9:12am On Sep 14, 2022
I saw a thread where a Nairalander CcAblemed talked about about being depressed about how his wrong upbringing by his parents have brought depression on him daily.
I was surprised when I saw that thread because I thought I was alone.Infact I almost cursed the day I was given birth to because I feel less of a human.I can't socialize,I feel shy to express myself to people.My parents are not even financially bouyant.My education stopped at secondary School. I luckily got employed as a cleaner only to get bullied and I have to leave the job.If you have never experienced first class poverty, you don't know what God has done for you. I begin to ask my self a lot of questions I can't answer because am of good character.I lost hope one day and almost committed sucide.My took a turn when I ran away from home. I was getting calls from everyone, but I ignoed I slept under a popular Lagos bridge for the first time in my life.I had no place to go but I don't want to go back home.To cut the story short,A guy helped me secure a job at a nylon factory .I saved up most my salary and that guy accommodated me.I am a computer Engineer. Ask me how. I left the factory Last 2 years and I was able save 1.2m Naira from my salary with some little change.I saved for Good give years!
I eat like a church rat and with my friend's support.I decided to learn computer Engineering from my money but the man seeing my condition help me learn for free.
Now I own my computer Engineering firm and I am an astrologist as well,Am living comfortably on my own now.I got in touch with my mum when I I started learning computer Engineering.I learnt my dad left her after I left.I hate my dad right now but there is nothing I can do about it.He remains my dad either I like it or not.
My point now is you have to leave that shell you have been for years.You have to stand for your self and buckle up with life.Bring your self confidence to existence.Rebuild yourself now or you remain that way for life

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Just Described My Upbringing To My Surprise by YoobaNesan: 9:14am On Sep 14, 2022
Go and help that guy.
Re: A Nairalander Just Described My Upbringing To My Surprise by Chaos14: 9:15am On Sep 14, 2022
Thats why a wise man once said "if you're born poor it's not Your fault but if you die poor it's your fault"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Just Described My Upbringing To My Surprise by Prechgold1180(m): 9:15am On Sep 14, 2022
Quote the guy

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Just Described My Upbringing To My Surprise by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 14, 2022
I now understand why you are bitter, may God rescue you and bless you. You and others are the reasons I hardly respond to insults on this forum, I’m like if it makes you ok then no problems. I also discover many people ain’t like me, I see you all as my children and have to take and clean whatever dirts you kids bring. I’m using you all to practice how to be a good mother in future and I’m far better than what I used to be before I joined nairaland. You and others will be fine.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Just Described My Upbringing To My Surprise by chinae(m): 9:19am On Sep 14, 2022
Nice one

You are able to emancipate yourself.
Re: A Nairalander Just Described My Upbringing To My Surprise by Chaos14: 9:21am On Sep 14, 2022
Rozross:
I now understand why you are bitter, may God rescue you and bless you. You and others are the reasons I hardly respond to insults on this forum, I’m like if it makes you ok then no problems. I also discover many people ain’t like me, I see you all as my children and have to take and clean whatever dirts you kids bring. I’m using you all to practice how to be a good mother in future and I’m far better than what I used to be before I joined nairaland. You’ll be fine.
so you want your children to treat you like Nairalanders
Re: A Nairalander Just Described My Upbringing To My Surprise by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 14, 2022
Chaos14:
so you want your children to treat you like Nairalanders
Is this what you could deduce from my comment? I talk in parables which a kid like you will find it hard to grab

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Just Described My Upbringing To My Surprise by mariahAngel(f): 9:28am On Sep 14, 2022
Rozross:
I now understand why you are bitter, may God rescue you and bless you. You and others are the reasons I hardly respond to insults on this forum, I’m like if it makes you ok then no problems. I also discover many people ain’t like me, I see you all as my children and have to take and clean whatever dirts you kids bring. I’m using you all to practice how to be a good mother in future and I’m far better than what I used to be before I joined nairaland. You and others will be fine.

grin
Roz, are you no longer married with five kids?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Just Described My Upbringing To My Surprise by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 14, 2022
Rozross:
Rozay cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Just Described My Upbringing To My Surprise by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 14, 2022
mariahAngel:

grin
Roz, are you no longer married with five kids?
Re: A Nairalander Just Described My Upbringing To My Surprise by Solofresh2: 9:29am On Sep 14, 2022
Rozross:
Thanks for that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Just Described My Upbringing To My Surprise by Chaos14: 9:32am On Sep 14, 2022
Rozross:
Is this what you could deduce from my comment? I talk in parables which a kid like you will find it hard to grab
Well thats what most of your comment took so don't blame its what you typed if you stoped being to childish and loud maybe people will respect you more
Re: A Nairalander Just Described My Upbringing To My Surprise by touchalex25: 9:49am On Sep 14, 2022
Good for you… you did something good with your life
Re: A Nairalander Just Described My Upbringing To My Surprise by Nzecorneboy: 10:25am On Sep 14, 2022
Nlfpmod
Re: A Nairalander Just Described My Upbringing To My Surprise by ahnie: 10:39am On Sep 14, 2022
Lolz @,Rozzross
Re: A Nairalander Just Described My Upbringing To My Surprise by cayorday89(m): 12:37pm On Sep 14, 2022
For many, it's a Long Walk To Freedom...

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Just Described My Upbringing To My Surprise by emmaodet: 2:34pm On Sep 14, 2022
Solofresh2:
I saw a thread where a Nairalander CcAblemed talked about about being depressed about how his wrong upbringing by his parents have brought depression on him daily.
I was surprised when I saw that thread because I thought I was alone.Infact I almost cursed the day I was given birth to because I feel less of a human.I can't socialize,I feel shy to express myself to people.My parents are not even financially bouyant.My education stopped at secondary School. I luckily got employed as a cleaner only to get bullied and I have to leave the job.If you have never experienced first class poverty, you don't know what God has done for you. I begin to ask my self a lot of questions I can't answer because am of good character.I lost hope one day and almost committed sucide.My took a turn when I ran away from home. I was getting calls from everyone, but I ignoed I slept under a popular Lagos bridge for the first time in my life.I had no place to go but I don't want to go back home.To cut the story short,A guy helped me secure a job at a nylon factory .I saved up most my salary and that guy accommodated me.I am a computer Engineer. Ask me how. I left the factory Last 2 years and I was able save 1.2m Naira from my salary with some little change.I saved for Good give years!
I eat like a church rat and with my friend's support.I decided to learn computer Engineering from my money but the man seeing my condition help me learn for free.
Now I own my computer Engineering firm and I am an astrologist as well,Am living comfortably on my own now.I got in touch with my mum when I I started learning computer Engineering.I learnt my dad left her after I left.I hate my dad right now but there is nothing I can do about it.He remains my dad either I like it or not.
My point now is you have to leave that shell you have been for years.You have to stand for your self and buckle up with life.Bring your self confidence to existence.Rebuild yourself now or you remain that way for life

Have said it before here on nairaland that over-protective of children by parent and over-pampering spoils kids.
For kids to grow, they need a little bit of poverty and a little bit or exposure. A balance. Too much of either of the 2 will be catastrophic in future.
In my own case, i came from a poor home to but from an over-pampered parent especially my mother.
It affected my youth days. I was timid, shy, couldn't even approach ladies, my pako friends and circle do call me omo mummy or butty among them. I was not rugged or street smart as the environment demanded. Literally, i struggled but what really helped me is my school and nature of work.
Went to a para-military school were i was first trained to be bold and fearless. It really helped me better than the previous self. Then i got a job on a passenger vessel where i will have to address the passengers with micro-phone for safty briefing before we move just like the air hostess do on flight.
Meeennn.....i nearly ran away doing that. A shy and an introvert. I always try as much as possible to avoid that particular time at work.
Facing crowds, the fear, the stammering, loss of words or what to say, sweating etc and i started working as an officer at the age of 23.
So most people under me that i will have to control, delegate jobs/duties, monitor are mostly older people. As old as my dad sef and i struggled managing these guys but all these lessons have really helped me and brushed me up.
Now i talk boldly in the crowd, i face hundreds of congregation boldly in church and talk fluently.
My business also helped me. Sometimes going to the market to meet market women to advertise my products.
Initially i struggled. I always feel disappointed when my products are turned down or ridiculously priced-down. I always cave in but now? omo, if you see the way i flow , you will think i am a born-marketer.
I love the man have become. Every blessed day i keep improving and becoming better and i see myself opened to more and more opportunities.
The one i am improving on presently is physical combats. I have enrolled in boxing class and will enrol in karate soon. I don't like it or want it when my mates chance me. When people know your capability, that if they mess up you will treat their Bleep-up, they respect you and give you space.
I know how many times have been robbed at borders - ghana/togo/benin and how i receive blows while resisting but not again. If anybody try am with me, i will give them a run for their money.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Your Man To Marry You / Top 9 Sure Fire Fitness Gifts For A Healthy 2009 / My Ex-girl Ffriend Left Away With My Money,yet Still Am Rich/i Need A New Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.