Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 (47585 Views)

Apple Set To Launch Iphone 14 Next Month (see Photos) / All New Iphone 14 Pro Max(notch Is Gone) / Again, Huawei Trolls Samsung With A Large Huawei P30 Billboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by Ikem11(m): 6:17pm On Sep 15, 2022
Allison012:
Apart from sammy, which other android can troll iphone??

Depends on the aspect. Xiaomi as a brand is doing so well right now with.

Oneplus 7T up to 10 is a solid phones as well.

Google pixel 6 is good with great camera..

1 Like

Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by Sonicroyel: 6:21pm On Sep 15, 2022
Jeffrey12:

Majority of the Best selling smartphones and most shipped smartphones in 2021 are iPhones

This is not the truth
Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by Sonicroyel: 6:22pm On Sep 15, 2022
holatin:
u mean getting it or it's expensive

The screen gets pixel issues after a year I 9nly got mine 2werks ago
Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by Sonicroyel: 6:23pm On Sep 15, 2022
Exumal:

Samsung and iphone should be thanking Trump for saving them. Imagine, looking for your phone and you start calling a name you assigned to it in the room like; "Ju-moke, where are you? And your phone starts singing; "I'm here...". That was p8 produced all the way from 2015 oh.

Honestly
Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by omohayek: 7:00pm On Sep 15, 2022
Unbiased1:

Please don't flatter yourself. The last time I checked, the Samsung S22 Ultra is $100 more expensive than the iPhone 13 Pro Max and the Z Fold 4 is more expensive than all the iPhones ever made and even at that, it's market is steadily increasing as people are beginning to enjoy the large screen they get on the foldable which still fits perfectly in their pockets. The only reason iPhone users don't talk in such discussions is because they have nothing to contribute as most of them only bought the phone based on hype without knowing any technical stuff about it.
Here you betray the reality that you are the utterly deluded one. I've been writing code for the Android and iOS SDKs for more than 12 years, and still have never been interested in Android phones in all that time. Not only is Apple's hardware performance lead over the entirety of the Android market gigantic, but the hardware is supported with updates for far longer, the UI is generally more elegant and streamlined, it's easier to get the hardware fixed when needed (just go to an Apple Store anywhere in the world), and the resale value is much higher. Don't believe me? Here's what an Android-focused website has to say about it.

https://www.androidauthority.com/ios-vs-android-1068950/

Keep consoling yourself that I and the hundreds of millions of others who prefer Apple's wares are somehow ignorant of what the alternatives are. Some of us place too much value on our time to waste it dealing with Android's many shortcomings, and on Samsung's shovelware in particular. The most a Samsung ad will ever get out of us is a bemused laugh at the inanity and desperation it reveals.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by alabo1: 7:28pm On Sep 15, 2022
[quote author=Jeffrey12 post=116691450][/quote]

Your data does not counter mine. Bottom line Samsung sells more phones than apple period. Apple maybe the leader in top 10 model sales but my data is for total sales. Peace
Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by Wallade(m): 7:32pm On Sep 15, 2022
[quote author=LIVEGOESON1 post=116696171][/quote]

Honestly, there is no point going on with you. LOL! You want to see my PHD because of Samsung, Iphone and all kinds of phone.

You need to stop being ridiculous.
Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by alabo1: 7:36pm On Sep 15, 2022
omohayek:

Here you betray the reality that you are the utterly deluded one. I've been writing code for the Android and iOS SDKs for more than 12 years, and still have never been interested in Android phones in all that time. Not only is Apple's hardware performance lead over the entirety of the Android market gigantic, but the hardware is supported with updates for far longer, the UI is generally more elegant and streamlined, it's easier to get the hardware fixed when needed (just go to an Apple Store anywhere in the world), and the resale value is much higher. Don't believe me? Here's what an Android-focused website has to say about it.

https://www.androidauthority.com/ios-vs-android-1068950/

Keep consoling yourself that I and the hundreds of millions of others who prefer Apple's wares are somehow ignorant of what the alternatives are. Some of us place too much value on our time to waste it dealing with Android's many shortcomings, and on Samsung's shovelware in particular. The most a Samsung ad will ever get out of us is a bemused laugh at the inanity and desperation it reveals.

Rubbish. Enjoy your Apple and let us rest. I will never use IOS even if given the latest model. Of course I gave out a 6plus that was also given to me as a gift when it debuted. Each OS has its advantages and disadvantages. It is a matter of choice. Like Messi vs Ronaldo. Get it? I can't stand it when you IOS make claims like your making. Unsubstantiated claims that no truly phonehead will make.

As an aside I for one consider windows OS the best OS ever made. For appearance and build quality Microsoft made some of the most beautiful devices too. For fluidity, ease of use etc you can't even compare your IOS or any other. Too bad poor strategy killer it off. Peace
Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by alabo1: 7:42pm On Sep 15, 2022
Mayor36:
I normally wouldn't involve myself in brand war but i think i have to school you. Each of those phone brands you see out there depend on each other to function properly. You are listing iPhone using Samsung screen but you forgot that the android operating system that runs on all android phones is owned by google, What is hardware without software??. Samsung gets 10-30% of the sales value, where did you get your statistics from??.. As at today 15/09/2022 iPhone is worth more than samsung and the only Apple products are the mac ,iPad, iPhones, iWatch, AirPods and the Apple Tv while Samsung manufactures Cars, Tv, Phones but flagships and low budget phones, washing machine and so on and they still sell parts and other chips and sensors to other companies and they still ain't close to Apple.

Apple sells only in the premium segment. As such like all luxury brands people buy the brand which is not indicative of quality. Ferrari and co make fewer cars than other mainstream manufacturers but make more profits for the reason.
Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by Unbiased1: 7:45pm On Sep 15, 2022
uniquetechng:
Hahahaha Samsung screen was used for the pro not the pro max , maybe you should ask more questions. LG screen was used for the Pro Max.

Just search Google now and see the results you will get. Both the Pro and Pro Max use Samsung screens.
Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by Unbiased1: 7:56pm On Sep 15, 2022
Flamemignon1:

But nothing beats IOS,we can debate that from now till world's end

lol. The same iOS that just introduced always on display and battery percentage in their latest update? It's like you have not used Samsung's One UI 4. One UI and MiUi from Xiaomi are much more beautiful than iOS UI with many times more customisation options than iOS.
Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by GoooodHardDick: 7:57pm On Sep 15, 2022
jamesversion:

Oppo and Xiaomi Redmi make sense.

Damn! You must be a real niggar!

Xiaomi Redmi mad gan! The phone and Samsung I no know which one even dope pass. Though am a fan of iphone but iphone is just over hype
Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by udemzyudex(m): 7:59pm On Sep 15, 2022
Zane2point4:

Yes samsung midrange of cos

You get mind dey compare Samsung midrange to iPhone 11pro which is a flagship device,una dey always forget say all iPhones are flagship device.

Smh
Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by omohayek: 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2022
alabo1:

Rubbish. Enjoy your Apple and let us rest.
The above is the last resort of those who can't argue the facts. The very fact that you're getting so worked up over my response says it all above the level of emotional investment you have in a topic I'm only participating in out of boredom. Like I said, this "rivalry" between Apple and Samsung is entirely one-way, with most Apple users simply not giving a damn what you lot have to say.

I will never use IOS even if given the latest model. Of course I gave out a 6plus that was also given to me as a gift when it debuted. Each OS has its advantages and disadvantages. It is a matter of choice. Like Messi vs Ronaldo. Get it? I can't stand it when you IOS make claims like your making. Unsubstantiated claims that no truly phonehead will make.
You have to be dumber than a rock to accuse me of "unsubstantiated claims" when I've explicitly gone to the trouble of providing you with evidence, and that from an Android website! Or are you suffering from selective blindness?

As an aside I for one consider windows OS the best OS ever made. For appearance and build quality Microsoft made some of the most beautiful devices too. For fluidity, ease of use etc you can't even compare your IOS or any other. Too bad poor strategy killer it off. Peace
Fact-free opinions like yours are like assh*les - everybody has one, but that doesn't mean they're worth sh*t. Unlike you, I know Windows in as much depth as I do Android and iOS, having written tens of thousands of lines of C#, Kotlin and Swift code in the last few years alone, and still I don't go around randomly spouting my opinions on the web as if that meant anything. You are way, way out of your depth here, so best move it along while you have any pride left to salvage.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by alabo1: 8:15pm On Sep 15, 2022
omohayek:

The above is the last resort of those who can't argue the facts. The very fact that you're getting so worked up over my response says it all above the level of emotional investment you have in a topic I'm only participating in out of boredom. Like I said, this "rivalry" between Apple and Samsung is entirely one-way, with most Apple users simply not giving a damn what you lot have to say.

You have to be dumber than a rock to accuse me of "unsubstantiated claims" when I've explicitly gone to the trouble of providing you with evidence, and that from an Android website! Or are you suffering from selective blindness?

Fact-free opinions like yours are like assh*les - everybody has one, but that doesn't mean they're worth sh*t. Unlike you, I know Windows in as much depth as I do Android and iOS, having written tens of thousands of lines of C#, Kotlin and Swift code in the last few years alone, and still I don't go around randomly spouting my opinions on the web as if that meant anything. You are way, way out of your depth here, so best move it along while you have any pride left to salvage.

Your answer makes it clear what a dumbass and how immature you are. I don't care if you have written a billion code for IOS. I was not passionate in my post and I am not salvaging anything. I am stating my opinion. The most popular OS in the world remains android and is the preferred choice for most. I hope you are aware that as people port from Android to IOS it also goes the other way?
I may not write code but I read unbiased reviews. I don't need to write code to read and form my opinion on MY Preferred OS or any other topic.DO YOU GET THAT init your numbskull?

You provided what evidence from what website? I can give you counter evidence from 10 websites that will state androids superiority. It is a matter of choice but I guess you were too charged up to read my write up slowly. Please try again. Bottom line I don't care if you prefer IOS but I repeat that your statement that IOS is miles ahead of android is subjective at best and outright false statement from my perspective.

Like I said if windows was still around I won't even be engaged in this pointless discussion because FOR ME I WOULD BE USING THE BEST OS. Do you get it now? FOR Me
Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by omosefeeguaibor(f): 8:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
[quote author=Realist12 post=116675383]I'm a fan of Samsung but getting this iPhone 14 this year . Except Samsung launches another S series I am in this dilemma too

1 Like

Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by uniquetechng: 8:50pm On Sep 15, 2022
Unbiased1:

Just search Google now and see the results you will get. Both the Pro and Pro Max use Samsung screens.
Pro Max uses LG OLED screen.
Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by LIVEGOESON1: 8:55pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wallade:

Honestly, there is no point going on with you. LOL! You want to see my PHD because of Samsung, Iphone and all kinds of phone.

You need to stop being ridiculous.
do not run now cuz u left what we are talking to tell me that my enlish is not good enough to pass my message. So i insist on seeing ur phd cert or still ssce cert. Dumb internet lecturer. See make i tell u watin u no know. Even if mod ban me cuz of u. I ready to create millions account to make sure i see ur cert. Mugu wey no know how to write him sure name de come tell me say i no know how to speak white man language. Akpi gbachanie gi otele enu.
Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by Flamemignon1(m): 8:58pm On Sep 15, 2022
Unbiased1:

lol. The same iOS that just introduced always on display and battery percentage in their latest update? It's like you have not used Samsung's One UI 4. One UI and MiUi from Xiaomi are much more beautiful than iOS UI with many times more customisation options than iOS.
I beg to differ,the customization might be user friendly but it's literally outdated
Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by Unbiased1: 9:34pm On Sep 15, 2022
Flamemignon1:

I beg to differ,the customization might be user friendly but it's literally outdated

Outdated but iOS is just introducing the outdated feature lol.
There are too many new features in One UI and MiUi so these 2 Android skins are not outdated.
Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by BrickDevo: 9:38pm On Sep 15, 2022
drphantom:

You are well informed. But not just the screen up to 25% of iPhone components are made by Samsung including screens, camera, boards, and even ram sometimes.

To pu things in perspective and For quite a few years now and depending on the model, for every iPhone that is sold, Apple has paid Samsung between 10% -30% of the sales value.

That’s why I always laugh when people say iPhone is better than Samsung phones. �
Sony makes iPhones camera
Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by adecz: 10:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
Grandmeister:

Most apple users are in North America, Asia and Europe but a smart Alec like you thinks your cocooned environment is the entire world. You’re very smart indeed. So much arrogance in ignorance.

So, America and Canada na 3rd world abi❓❗️

Simple to read passage & comprehend
na problem for you.☹️

Na your type dey write WAEC 4 times and
still can't make credit in English❗️❗️ ☹️☹️
Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by Wallade(m): 10:33pm On Sep 15, 2022
LIVEGOESON1:
do not run now cuz u left what we are talking to tell me that my enlish is not good enough to pass my message. So i insist on seeing ur phd cert or still ssce cert. Dumb internet lecturer. See make i tell u watin u no know. Even if mod ban me cuz of u. I ready to create millions account to make sure i see ur cert. Mugu wey no know how to write him sure name de come tell me say i no know how to speak white man language. Akpi gbachanie gi otele enu.

Keep waiting to see my certificates, ode! Go back to school and learn to read, write and comprehend english.

Your english remains terrible.
Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by drphantom: 12:27am On Sep 16, 2022

Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by drphantom: 12:34am On Sep 16, 2022
Mayor36:
I normally wouldn't involve myself in brand war but i think i have to school you. Each of those phone brands you see out there depend on each other to function properly. You are listing iPhone using Samsung screen but you forgot that the android operating system that runs on all android phones is owned by google, What is hardware without software??. Samsung gets 10-30% of the sales value, where did you get your statistics from??.. As at today 15/09/2022 iPhone is worth more than samsung and the only Apple products are the mac ,iPad, iPhones, iWatch, AirPods and the Apple Tv while Samsung manufactures Cars, Tv, Phones but flagships and low budget phones, washing machine and so on and they still sell parts and other chips and sensors to other companies and they still ain't close to Apple.

You miss the point sir.

I am not a share holder in Samsung and don’t hold brief for them.

The point is iPhones are over hyped.

The truth is no single phone maker makes all its components.

However the irony here is that Apple is perceived as better than the manufacturer of around 25% of its components.

Also you reference to Apple being more valued as a company than Samsung is irrelevant as that is not the bone of contention. The ONLY reason that is true is because Apple phones are over marketed as exclusive products and priced accordingly.

It’s only in the North America (the same people that believe Pepsi is the best cola drink when the rest of the world Favour’s Coca Cola) that most people think iPhones are the only smart phones . Outside North America android rules everywhere.
So if Android phone or even just Samsung phones sold at Apple prices, where do you think Apple would be.

Be objective and reason am.
Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by drphantom: 12:41am On Sep 16, 2022
Flamemignon1:

But nothing beats IOS,we can debate that from now till world's end

Another thing that I always find funny.

How can nothing beat a closed system environment that restricts what you can do?

The only thing iOS has in its Favour is that because Apple controls both software and hardware then impose limits on what it can do to maintain system congruency.

That is fine if you are a basic user and want simple functions you can depend on.

However, most power uses and most people who want more freedoms in what their device can do would rather go for the open source architecture of android phones.

E.g. I have seen Windows 10 running on an android phone. iPhones can never do that with their present restrictions.

https://geekrar9.medium.com/how-to-install-windows-10-on-android-without-root-computer-cbbf45009ad3

I play PS2 games on my PS2 emulator on my android phone etc

Each to his own. I prefer my freedom to explore.

Ironically android features like split screen, multi share etc have now been copied by iPhones.
Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by drphantom: 12:42am On Sep 16, 2022
uniquetechng:
LG has actually done more for iPhone than Samsung , Sammy were making Super amoled screen for them but their flagship models ( Pro Max ) has since moved up to LG's OLED including the all new 14 Pro Max . All their previous LCD screens also made by LG

Like I said, depends on the model
Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by drphantom: 12:43am On Sep 16, 2022
nams77:

U Don meanit? I'm not a phone freak. Na me and my redmii
Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by ILuvKIDS: 12:43am On Sep 16, 2022
I think apple should concentrate more on laptop pcs where they have a very strong ground

...for phones, yeah Samsung fold and flip is "out of this world" technology
Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by drphantom: 12:44am On Sep 16, 2022
Eaztzide:

You're wrong. Sony are the ones that make iPhone's camera. The only truth is that production of most iPhone's components is outsourced to other companies (FoxConn for example)

Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by drphantom: 12:48am On Sep 16, 2022
Sonicroyel:

You're right but asides the OLED panel I don't think Samsung does anything else son is in charge of camera foxconn is in charge of internals

While this is just an example from the iPhone 4, the trend still continues.

I use this example because of its infographic layout. A picture speaks a thousand words.

Re: Samsung Trolls New iPhone 14 by drphantom: 12:52am On Sep 16, 2022
Jeffrey12:

How does using other manufacturers components make one superior? Samsung is the best phone yet iPhones have the biggest sales. You talk of components, are most Samsung components made by Samsung? Samsung is the biggest costumer of Qualcomm, they purchase most of their processors from Qualcomm, most Samsung cameras/camera components are made my Sony IMX.

Biggest sale ? No.

Biggest income in sales ? Yes.

Biggest number of sales is still android led by Samsung until recent temporary displacement by Other android manufacturers.

Look at the attached chart. Ingest income in sales goes to Apple only because they charge the highest price per phone ( of which Samsung still takes a cut LOL).

https://www.counterpointresearch.com/infographic-q1-2022-smartphones/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Members Charging Phones In My Church Today (Funny photos) / Mtn Scraps All Tariff Plans / Ranking Of Networks that Zaps Data The Most, From Heighest To Lowest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.