Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Partner In A Relationship Of Over 5 Years? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Partner In A Relationship Of Over 5 Years? (742 Views)

99-Year-Old Nigerian Man Weds His 86-year-Old Partner In Church After Decades / I Have Been With Him For 5 Years, No Sign Of Marriage / My Wife’s Lover Confessed To Have Been Having Sex With My Wife For 5 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Partner In A Relationship Of Over 5 Years? by fabinfos(f): 2:13pm On Sep 14, 2022
Can you donate your kidney to your partner in a relationship of over 5 years?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KW8RFaCn2A

Hosted by Tolulope Ayeni, featuring interviews of @Jennie_near, ErosNephy, @iamsmithdc, @nikita_babie.

Share your views below

1 Like

Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Partner In A Relationship Of Over 5 Years? by Shalommy(f): 2:23pm On Sep 14, 2022
I can't donate my kidney to either my boyfriend or husband. But will gladly donate to my kid. Chaii

1 Like

Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Partner In A Relationship Of Over 5 Years? by ahnie: 2:29pm On Sep 14, 2022
Shalommy:
I can't donate my kidney to either my boyfriend or husband. But will gladly donate to my kid. Chaii
Seconded.
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Partner In A Relationship Of Over 5 Years? by Fahvvy: 4:23pm On Sep 14, 2022
grin grin grin grin
Which kind rough play be this
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Partner In A Relationship Of Over 5 Years? by Sexyliciousbri: 6:50pm On Sep 14, 2022
CAPITAL :NO
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Partner In A Relationship Of Over 5 Years? by mariahAngel(f): 7:09pm On Sep 14, 2022
As much as it takes bravery to decide to donate part of one's organ to another person, it also takes courage to accept such a sacrifice, which must definitely come at a price.

Could one live, knowing they owe their life to another person?

What if the recipient survives and the donor doesn't, could the recipient live with that on their conscience?

Isn't that too much of a sacrifice to ask/receive of/from a human?
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Partner In A Relationship Of Over 5 Years? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 14, 2022
mariahAngel:
As much as it takes bravery to decide to donate part of one's organ to another person, it also takes courage to accept such a sacrifice, which must definitely come at a price.

What if the recipient survives and the donor doesn't, could the recipient live with that on their conscience?

Is it really a wise thing for partners(especially in marriage)to donate one’s organ to each other?
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Partner In A Relationship Of Over 5 Years? by mariahAngel(f): 7:58pm On Sep 14, 2022
Rozross:
Is it really a wise thing for partners(especially in marriage)to donate one’s organ to each other?

No, it's not.
It is selfishness.

Any wise spouse should never agree/accept for their partner to donate part of their organ to them.
Especially when children are involved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Partner In A Relationship Of Over 5 Years? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 14, 2022
mariahAngel:

No, it's not.
It is selfishness.

Any wise spouse should never agree/accept for their partner to donate part of their organ to them.
Especially when children are involved.
You see why I like you very well, you are always realistic and a deep person. I wanted to type this in response to a thread but they will devour me as usual and I just overlook it. I’ve always known it’s not a wise thing to do

1 Like

Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Partner In A Relationship Of Over 5 Years? by MufasaLion: 8:35pm On Sep 14, 2022
I can't donate my kidney for nobody.
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Partner In A Relationship Of Over 5 Years? by Victoria938(f): 8:44pm On Sep 14, 2022
Never in a million years
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Partner In A Relationship Of Over 5 Years? by Beremx(f): 8:49pm On Sep 14, 2022
I can never donate for my husband. His siblings should donate for him. I will only donate for my siblings or child
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Partner In A Relationship Of Over 5 Years? by miccoy(m): 10:14pm On Sep 14, 2022
Beremx:
I can never donate for my husband. His siblings should donate for him. I will only donate for my siblings or child

Even him self no go donate for you. undecided Lobatan!
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Partner In A Relationship Of Over 5 Years? by Munzy14(m): 5:59am On Sep 15, 2022
Beremx:
Wahala..

Laslas some couples are just cohabiting or co-parenting. grin
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Partner In A Relationship Of Over 5 Years? by Munzy14(m): 6:08am On Sep 15, 2022
Now we are healthy, we will feel we can't.

Not until you are faced with that situation where you watch your better half die slowly and looking helpless..On your own, you will want to bring out the organ and submit to him/her. grin

This life is not our own, you can lose it any time any day..Even with your full health..

If I am faced with that situation, I will do it if money can't..And it is strictly for my kids, wife or any of my siblings.

Not for a girlfriend of 5years or so..No be one man dey get girl friend.. grin Before you will go and change battery for car wey another man dey drive.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Partner In A Relationship Of Over 5 Years? by mariahAngel(f): 7:45am On Sep 15, 2022
Munzy14:
Now we are healthy, we will feel we can't.

Not until you are faced with that situation where you watch your better half die slowly and looking helpless..On your own, you will want to bring out the organ and submit to him/her. grin

This life is not our own, you can lose it any time any day..Even with your full health..

If I am faced with that situation, I will do it if money can't..And it is strictly for my kids, wife or any of my siblings.

Not for a girlfriend of 5years or so..No be one man dey get girl friend.. grin Before you will go and change battery for car wey another man dey drive.. grin

True, but should a couple risk their children losing both parents?

May we not find ourselves in situations that are beyond us, then again, it is the reality of many people.
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Partner In A Relationship Of Over 5 Years? by duduade: 8:54am On Sep 15, 2022
Donater ni
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Partner In A Relationship Of Over 5 Years? by Munzy14(m): 5:49pm On Sep 15, 2022
mariahAngel:

True, but should a couple risk their children losing both parents?

May we not find ourselves in situations that are beyond us, then again, it is the reality of many people.
What if they share organs and live longer to watch their children grow?

I always believe, whatever that happens to our lives is 85% destiny..since I became more matured, I take things naturally as they come without forcing it.

The moment one is faced with such situation, you will want to do more..Unless the partner o mee wa la onye nke ozo obi by Igba na eshi.

I look at my parents, ones one is down, onye nke ozo ga adi restless. We can stay outside late, and momsy no go too bother..Mana Di ya noro na eshi ya kuo 7pm, nwaanyi ga kpogide till he returns.. This is what we call love and sacrifice as it should be..Hapu kids..Even if parents die, their destined path will never be denied.

Couples must see eachother first before kids..O kwa ha muru ha.
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Partner In A Relationship Of Over 5 Years? by Ulunne777(f): 3:19am On Sep 16, 2022
Munzy14:

Wahala..

Laslas some couples are just cohabiting or co-parenting. grin

No its not about cohabitation,its the fact that it'd a risky procedure that could end up putting both the donor and receiver at risk.
If they die the kids will be orphans .you get?

Its best from the parents if still alive or the patients direct sibling.

A family friends own was from her mom.luckily it went through
Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Partner In A Relationship Of Over 5 Years? by mariahAngel(f): 10:12am On Sep 16, 2022
Munzy14:

What if they share organs and live longer to watch their children grow?

I always believe, whatever that happens to our lives is 85% destiny..since I became more matured, I take things naturally as they come without forcing it.

The moment one is faced with such situation, you will want to do more..Unless the partner o mee wa la onye nke ozo obi by Igba na eshi.

I look at my parents, ones one is down, onye nke ozo ga adi restless. We can stay outside late, and momsy no go too bother..Mana Di ya noro na eshi ya kuo 7pm, nwaanyi ga kpogide till he returns.. This is what we call love and sacrifice as it should be..Hapu kids..Even if parents die, their destined path will never be denied.

Couples must see eachother first before kids..O kwa ha muru ha.

I kwuru eshiokwu.

1 Like

Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Partner In A Relationship Of Over 5 Years? by crackhaus: 11:59am On Sep 16, 2022
mariahAngel:

You dey remind me of one of my ex laikdat, very bend bend person. grin

Simple question, can you donate or not?
You have turned it into a thesis.

So your partner should be the one feeling guilty for accepting your organ donation? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can You Donate Your Kidney To Your Partner In A Relationship Of Over 5 Years? by mariahAngel(f): 12:09pm On Sep 16, 2022
crackhaus:

You dey remind me of one of my ex laikdat, very bend bend person. grin

Simple question, can you donate or not?
You have turned it into a thesis.

So your partner should be the one feeling guilty for accepting your organ donation? cheesy

Sometimes, we need critically look at things (how our decision will affect others) before we decide.

In this case, I really cannot say what my decision would be, until I'm faced with the situation.
Then again, for a person that I love, I can.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Pregnant Women Should Take Care Of Their Dental Health / FALSE: I Just Discovered The Most Efficient Way To Save Fuel In Generator / Traditional Dress For Traditional Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.