Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

FALSE: I Just Discovered The Most Efficient Way To Save Fuel In Generator - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / FALSE: I Just Discovered The Most Efficient Way To Save Fuel In Generator (743 Views)

I Just Discovered My Wife's Past, How She Lived Her Life While On Campus / My Wife’s Salary Was A Mystery Until I Discovered How Much She’s Truly Worth* / She Discovered Her Husband Is A Gay, Now This Is Happening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FALSE: I Just Discovered The Most Efficient Way To Save Fuel In Generator by ForG(m): 7:29am On Mar 10, 2023
On several official websites, it is reported that partially opening the fuel valve has no effect on petrol usage.

https://www.nairaland.com/6641394/does-keeping-generator-fuel-tap

This made sense since engineers claim that the carburetor determines fuel consumption based on load.

Therefore I decided to verify this claim's accuracy.
Before starting my generator, I opened the fuel valve for 15 minutes with the generator switched off.

Even though a considerable quantity of petrol had already poured into the carburetor, the generator turned on but died instantly.

However, as soon as I opened the fuel valve, the generator started up and ran smoothly. This indicated to me that the fuel valve, not the carburetor, was responsible for gasoline use.

To further demonstrate my concept, I partially opened the fuel valve and observed that my 2.5KVA generator operating on a refrigerator and several home appliances used far less fuel than usual.

In my opinion, halfway opening of fuel valve saves fuel significantly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FALSE: I Just Discovered The Most Efficient Way To Save Fuel In Generator by Kennyfancy(m): 4:15pm On Mar 27, 2023
Nor mind them, it's safe alot, something that is very experimental and most people have done it, u see the people saying know are mostly those people that sell fuel and Thier cronnis
Re: FALSE: I Just Discovered The Most Efficient Way To Save Fuel In Generator by Jungpablo: 9:42am On Mar 28, 2023
Lol…. use AC with your Gen and you'll know that opening valve half way is a waste of time.

(1) (Reply)

As A Single Lady, What Can I Do For This Married Man That Always Co.... / Traditional Dress For Traditional Wedding / www.babefishing.com: Nigerian Free Dating Site, To Find Nigerian Free Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.