Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,077 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

My 4 Bank Accounts Restricted - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My 4 Bank Accounts Restricted (873 Views)

My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly / More Bank Accounts To Be Shut As CBN Issues Strict BVN Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 4 Bank Accounts Restricted by StanleyOnline: 7:18am On Sep 15, 2022
I woke up 5 days ago and discovered that I couldn't do mobile transfer on my GTB Account.

The error message was "null"

I thought it was network issue.

I waited for the next 24 hours, same error, I tried Access bank and saw that my account was restricted.
No reasons were given.

I sent a mail to customer care and they responded that I should visit the branch.

I called on phone, same response.

One man heard it and said I shouldn't go there without a lawyer that I might be arrested.

But I have done anything fishy with the accounts although I receive transfers a lot due to the nature of my business.

Please I need suggestions and advice on what to do.

I am worried.

Thanks.
Re: My 4 Bank Accounts Restricted by Prechgold1180(m): 7:37am On Sep 15, 2022
smiley
Re: My 4 Bank Accounts Restricted by Earthstorms(m): 7:38am On Sep 15, 2022
StanleyOnline:
I woke up 5 days ago and discovered that I couldn't do mobile transfer on my GTB Account.

The error message was "null"

I thought it was network issue.

I waited for the next 24 hours, same error, I tried Access bank and saw that my account was restricted.
No reasons were given.

I sent a mail to customer care and they responded that I should visit the branch.

I called on phone, same response.

One man heard it and said I shouldn't go there without a lawyer that I might be arrested.

But I have done anything fishy with the accounts although I receive transfers a lot due to the nature of my business.

Please I need suggestions and advice on what to do.

I am worried.

Thanks.

In my opinion, when they say come to the bank, it means come let us hand you over to the law enforcement agency that asked us to restrict your account.

If you go, you will be arrested. Your constitutional right to be brought before a judge within 48 hours will be violated and you will be held for a longer time than stipulated by the constitution.

Don't go there, send only your lawyer to inquire why your account was restricted. It is illegal to restrict your account without a court order, but efcc routinely flout the law and restrict people's accounts without a court order and without any prior investigation.

Go there and you will be arrested, then they will start investigation after taking your statement. Welcome to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My 4 Bank Accounts Restricted by chinae(m): 7:49am On Sep 15, 2022
Arrested why, I had similar experience 2 years ago, visited the bank and was given a form to fill after which it was reversed after 48hours.
Re: My 4 Bank Accounts Restricted by timitayo77: 7:58am On Sep 15, 2022
chinae:
Arrested why, I had similar experience 2 years ago, visited the bank and was given a form to fill after which it was reversed after 48hours.
Remember, the OP said 4 of his banks have been restricted. Not just bank accounts, but 4 different banks. Your circumstance with just one bank account doesn't fit the comparison.
Re: My 4 Bank Accounts Restricted by chinae(m): 8:05am On Sep 15, 2022
timitayo77:

Remember, the OP said 4 of his banks have been restricted. Not just bank accounts, but 4 different banks. Your circumstance with just one bank account doesn't fit the comparison.
Well, then it was just 1 account I have operational, others were virtually scanty so I wouldn't know if it was affected. I was also advised to put a mail through to CBN to facilitate it.

1 Like

Re: My 4 Bank Accounts Restricted by StanleyOnline: 6:03am On Sep 26, 2022
Earthstorms:

In my opinion, when they say come to the bank, it means come let us hand you over to the law enforcement agency that asked us to restrict your account.

If you go, you will be arrested. Your constitutional right to be brought before a judge within 48 hours will be violated and you will be held for a longer time than stipulated by the constitution.

Don't go there, send only your lawyer to inquire why your account was restricted. It is illegal to restrict your account without a court order, but efcc routinely flout the law and restrict people's accounts without a court order and without any prior investigation.

Go there and you will be arrested, then they will start investigation after taking your statement. Welcome to Nigeria.

I am really worried.

I don't even know where to start
Re: My 4 Bank Accounts Restricted by StanleyOnline: 6:06am On Sep 26, 2022
timitayo77:

Yes, 4 banks.

Please seun, mynd44 lalasticlala help me. I am getting depressed because of this issue.

I don't really know how to tackle this now.
Re: My 4 Bank Accounts Restricted by mrsage(m): 7:44am On Sep 26, 2022
First step, contact a lawyer, then reach out to your account officers for clarification.

Even if you are innocent involve a lawyer.

Don't make any move without a competent lawyer.

Learn from a man called Jude Bella. Watch his video on youtube.

Re: My 4 Bank Accounts Restricted by MrPADDY(m): 7:56am On Sep 26, 2022
The four accounts in four different banks cannot just be frozen without financial impropriety. Check your records for anyone you had financial dealing and dispute in the past who must have reported the case to the law enforcement agency, and see how you can draw out a settlement plan. Otherwise, send your lawyer to the bank for details.

1 Like

Re: My 4 Bank Accounts Restricted by Ulforex: 8:39am On Sep 26, 2022
Avoid going to the bank..
Due to the fact it was 4 banks restricted
Re: My 4 Bank Accounts Restricted by StanleyOnline: 12:07pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ulforex:
Avoid going to the bank..
Due to the fact it was 4 banks restricted

Okay
Re: My 4 Bank Accounts Restricted by StanleyOnline: 6:14am On Oct 03, 2022
MrPADDY:
The four accounts in four different banks cannot just be frozen without financial impropriety. Check your records for anyone you had financial dealing and dispute in the past who must have reported the case to the law enforcement agency, and see how you can draw out a settlement plan. Otherwise, send your lawyer to the bank for details.
Thanks
Re: My 4 Bank Accounts Restricted by StanleyOnline: 6:14am On Oct 03, 2022
Mynd44
Seun lalasticlala please. I need your assistance to get more views.

(1) (Reply)

How Can Nigerians Be Made Proud Of Their Country? / Starting An Oil Marketing Firm: What Are The Factors To Consider? / Minister Of Finance In A Cyber Cafe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.