Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today (21832 Views)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 46th Birthday Today / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 43rd Birthday Today / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 42nd Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by Zonefree(m): 9:12am On Sep 15, 2022
Romanoff:

You don't get me.

I'm not a feminist and I am very happily married. From my study about feminism, I've realized that it was born out of a feeling of resentment of how women felt they were treated by men. Out of the feeling that they deserved better and didn't need to put up with the Ill treatment of men.

Your comment on front page is an example of such statements.

Look out for the women whose husbands loves, cares for them and provides for their every need, women who re solely dependent on their husbands love and provision, will you see any trait of feminism in such women?

No woman who is treated right will turn to feminism for solace or a supposed "freedom".

Your comments aside being vulgar is really triggering. That's why I called your attention to it.

I hope you understand where i am coming from.

If you don't, there's no need for a response to this comment.
I don't need you to remind me your marital status cos I was aware when he proposed to you.

@bolded. Must women always wait to be treated right? What happened to a man not treated right?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by Romanoff(f): 9:20am On Sep 15, 2022
Zonefree:

I don't need you to remind me your marital status cos I was aware when he proposed to you.

@bolded. Must women always wait to be treated right? What happened to a man not treated right?

Will you stay in a place you're not treated right?

Everyone will stay where they are treated right and will do everything possible to keep enjoying that bliss.

Some women who aren't treated right will turn to feminism for solace. That's what I'm talking about.

Peace out bro.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by Zonefree(m): 9:25am On Sep 15, 2022
Romanoff:

Will you stay in a place you're not treated right?

Everyone will stay where they are treated right and will do everything possible to keep enjoying that bliss.

Some women who aren't treated right will turn to feminism for solace. That's what I'm talking about.

Peace out bro.
So, feminism treats women right?

No one will treat you right if you don't treat yourself right. Don't expect happiness from someone when you're not happy.

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by GeneralPula: 9:27am On Sep 15, 2022
GODPUNISHALABI:
Igbo women houses some of the most powerful and strong black women on earth, another tribe have their men prostrating and licking queen elizabeth ass

As you don invite it, you’ll get it..

Mention some of those powerful black women?
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by abbeytech98: 9:28am On Sep 15, 2022
[quote author=Corridon post=116680700]Igbo women keeps making their people proud while our own Kemi Olunloyo keeps disgracing us

Get sense
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by KushLyon(m): 9:28am On Sep 15, 2022
Rozross:
Feminists are not broke it’s the reason they are independent and don’t need men for anything. You have problems with both dependent and independent women, wetin be the colour of your confusion?

That's why he said "Broke and wretched Nigerian girls forming feminists". The real feminists in the world are powerful and rich women, but you lots in Nigeria are the opposite and apparently unintelligent. Next time you should read and understand before you open your mouth grin
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by Natudu: 9:30am On Sep 15, 2022
Happy birthday to my woman crush.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by warlordd(m): 9:31am On Sep 15, 2022
An amazing writer...happy birthday to her.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by shortIGBOman: 9:32am On Sep 15, 2022
GODPUNISHALABI:
Igbo women houses some of the most powerful and strong black women on earth, another tribe have their men prostrating and licking queen elizabeth ass

True.
IGBO Women are very strong and powerful. That's how my ex Amaka, used to beat me when I was dating her. I run for my dear life.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by Patriotsleague: 9:35am On Sep 15, 2022
She has never done nothing for Nigeria, except to despise, talk down on Nigeria, and spread bigotry. Crude and uncouth.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by Romanoff(f): 9:35am On Sep 15, 2022
Zonefree:

So, feminism treats women right?

No one will treat you right if you don't treat yourself right. Don't expect happiness from someone when you're not happy.

It's cause you treat yourself right that you might not stand and let someone walk over you.

People don't rebel where they are loved and treated right.

Feminism is a rebellion.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 15, 2022
Corridon:
Igbo women keeps making their people proud while our own Kemi Olunloyo keeps disgracing us.

She is also obidient
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 15, 2022
The Female Ikon of Afghaneastern, I salute
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by xeju: 9:47am On Sep 15, 2022
Zonefree:
Broke and wretched Nigerian girls forming feminists are looking up to her as their role model but they fail to understand that she's married and submissive to a gbola at home.

Happy birthday NG.
Feminism nor mean sey person nor go marry and give birth. Na mumu just dey worry you or you nor just understand feminism
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by Arkmanbuddy(m): 9:48am On Sep 15, 2022
Corridon:
Igbo women keeps making their people proud while our own Kemi Olunloyo keeps disgracing us.

You're an idiot! Is Kemi the best Yoruba woman to compare to Chimamanda? Ode!
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:50am On Sep 15, 2022
uchaymart:

No need for this, man
Nairaland feeds on this. The mods should be sacked and the forum bought by someone with a brain.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by Zonefree(m): 9:50am On Sep 15, 2022
Romanoff:

It's cause you treat yourself right that you might not stand and let someone walk over you.

People don't rebel where they are loved and treated right.

Feminism is a rebellion.
When you treat yourself right, every other thing is secondary and bonus.

So, the antidote of not treating a woman right is feminism. Sounds funny grin

Mind telling me the rebellion of not treating a man right?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by Romanoff(f): 9:51am On Sep 15, 2022
Zonefree:

When you treat yourself right, every other thing is secondary and bonus.

So, the antidote of not treating a woman right is feminism. Sounds funny grin

Mind telling me the rebellion of not treating a man right?

Misandry?

Manist?
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by Patriotsleague: 9:51am On Sep 15, 2022
Arkmanbuddy:

You're an idiot! Is Kemi the best Yoruba woman to compare to Chimamanda? Ode!
Carridon is not Yoruba, he is an impersonator, they abound in nairaland, trying to hype their tribe using different monikers.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by ASAPFERG1: 9:52am On Sep 15, 2022
She will never smell Nobel prize nomination till she dies grin grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by Germi9: 9:54am On Sep 15, 2022
My baby
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by Zonefree(m): 9:58am On Sep 15, 2022
Romanoff:

Misandry?

Manist?
Men as boys were told never to expect to be treated right by the female gender. Any man expecting to be treated right by a woman aside his mum is disoriented and lacks vision to succeed.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by Romanoff(f): 10:01am On Sep 15, 2022
Zonefree:

Men as boys were told never to expect to be treated right by the female gender. Any man expecting to be treated right by a woman aside his mum is disoriented and lacks vision to succeed.

The teaching should be to treat everyone right.

Live yourself and treat others right.

If we bring up people who don't think they deserve to be treated right, we are creating an enabling environment for people without a healthy self esteem self worth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by Zonefree(m): 10:07am On Sep 15, 2022
Romanoff:

The teaching should be to treat everyone right.

Live yourself and treat others right.

If we bring up people who don't think they deserve to be treated right, we are creating an enabling environment for people without a healthy self esteem self worth.
If you can't treat yourself right, how can you treat everyone right? Women should learn to treat themselves right first. If you desire new shoes, get them yourself, don't expect someone to get them for you else you rebel into a feminist. That's my message, Roman.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by Romanoff(f): 10:19am On Sep 15, 2022
Zonefree:

If you can't treat yourself right, how can you treat everyone right? Women should learn to treat themselves right first. If you desire new shoes, get them yourself, don't expect someone to get them for you else you rebel into a feminist. That's my message, Roman.

Actually, independent women are more likely to be feminist than dependent women.

I believe we won't agree but I'll go back to my first comment about your first comment.

It's very vulgar, I believe there are more civil ways to word the entire statement.

Byee.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by diplomat058(m): 10:25am On Sep 15, 2022
See this bastard ipob impostor claiming to be yoruba grin

I go dey burst ur idiotic camouflage one by one hahahah

Corridon:
Same way our Yoruba people mine skull with reckless abandon.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by LienwaltAbel(m): 10:26am On Sep 15, 2022
Zonefree:
Broke and wretched Nigerian girls forming feminists are looking up to her as their role model but they fail to understand that she's married and submissive to a gbola at home.

Happy birthday NG.
This boy, don't you have anything important to do with your life? Na you dey live with am?
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by Tegabadguy(m): 10:27am On Sep 15, 2022
nlfpmod:
Birthday: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Turns 45 Today.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimamanda_Ngozi_Adichie
happy birthday
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by LienwaltAbel(m): 10:27am On Sep 15, 2022
Zonefree:

Man you're terribly confused.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by Cj4charles(m): 10:36am On Sep 15, 2022
Beauty runs in that vein
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Celebrates Her 45th Birthday Today by Rursh(m): 10:37am On Sep 15, 2022
When she speaks, half of the world listens. Sweet woman, sweet mouth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Short Stories That Can Shape Your Life In The Book: You Can Win - Shiv Khera / Love At First Flight. / Wole Soyinka With Other Nobel Laureates In 1986(throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.