Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria (37076 Views)

Ooni Imposes Night To Dawn Curfew In Ife Over Criminal Activities / Ooni Of Ife Shuts Palace Over Coronavirus, Suspends Traditional Activities / Kano Emirate: Low Activities In Sanusi’s Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Bmaster(m): 9:50am On Sep 15, 2022
kozmokaz:
� remove that number 3
ezi okwu, that no 3 no just follow,I don reason am like 30x in 5 minutes now
Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 9:50am On Sep 15, 2022
..and what stops you and others from making these changes? Herd mentality, yeah?

1 Like

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by mytime24(f): 9:51am On Sep 15, 2022
K
Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Cmanforall: 9:51am On Sep 15, 2022
Popesuccess:
I have notice that some of the things we do in this country in the name of culture and tradition is Causing poor Nigerians more trouble and we need to change.

1. High Cultural cost of marriage.

2. High Cultural cost of burial. A man in my church have not being able to perform the burial rites for his mother because he will at least one million to do it. He is the only child.

3. Transporting dead bodies from the place they died to the village.
No. 2 ... yes
No. 1.... is it really high everywhere? I think it depends on the families.
Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by LaSenior: 9:51am On Sep 15, 2022
grin

OP go straight to the point and stop going through the corners

1 Like

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Kingxchange44: 9:51am On Sep 15, 2022
I was thought culture is people's way of life, allow them to practice their culture since it's not the reason banditry is high and our economy is going down.

1 Like

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 9:52am On Sep 15, 2022
Overdue for change... Such backward and wasteful practices!

You wreck people financially just for them to get married.... And further wreck them financially just because they want to bury their dead.

It's this culture of materialism that has made our youths criminals!

3 Likes

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Dearlord(m): 9:52am On Sep 15, 2022
Number 2 is most annoying
Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by jige4topclass(m): 9:52am On Sep 15, 2022
Those pple wey still dey follow all these kind of tradition na dem Sabi o. Me I bliv say na choice . If na only me be d only child, as I want am nai dem go take o, so far d dead is lowered down 6ft. Shikena
Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by HITsquad: 9:52am On Sep 15, 2022
In my home town in Enugu, the actual official pride price is only about 4k, Out of the 4k, 3k would be refunded to you the groom, as a gesture that the bride is not for sale... We will tell him to take good care of our daughter!

Any additional expenses is your choice... If you wanna shut the city down or simply go home with your new wife jeje, it's your choice.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by flejnr2(f): 9:53am On Sep 15, 2022
Them even transport the queen

1 Like

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Eeghe(f): 9:54am On Sep 15, 2022
Popesuccess:
I have notice that some of the things we do in this country in the name of culture and tradition is Causing poor Nigerians more trouble and we need to change.

2. High Cultural cost of burial. A man in my church have not being able to perform the burial rites for his mother because he will at least one million to do it. He is the only child.

The world would never respect a people without their own cultures and philosophies
What’s wrong with these your listed 3 crimes oh African?
Free your mind from the shackles left by the white man, abeg embarassed

2 Likes

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Latakia(f): 9:54am On Sep 15, 2022
Me I want to see an Osu becoming the next governor of Abia Ebonyi and Enugu whether from APC, PDP, APGA in 2023.

1 Like

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by kozmokaz(m): 9:54am On Sep 15, 2022
Bmaster:
ezi okwu, that no 3 no just follow,I don reason am like 30x in 5 minutes now

How person wan bury outside my land ?

Son of the soil like me ?
Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Sltp: 9:54am On Sep 15, 2022
GeneralPula:
Nigeria people do number 1 & 2 by choice. Nobody is forcing anybody to spend something huge on marriage or burial..

Besides that, people love to celebrate the dead more than the living..
you sound so uninformed.
Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Mystic969: 9:56am On Sep 15, 2022
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright....

We Edos dey guilty of number 2...Binis to be precise and esan people dey guilty of number 3

But that number 1 we nor dey guilty of that one at all

Infact we fit accept about 26 naira for bride price

But so far make you nor do our daughter anyhow for marriage

Slawomir my guy.... Exactly also with the yorubas
Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Obc1234(m): 9:56am On Sep 15, 2022
Nah my house I want mk them bury me
Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Joe4real1988(m): 9:56am On Sep 15, 2022
GeneralPula:
Nigeria people do number 1 & 2 by choice. Nobody is forcing anybody to spend something huge on marriage or burial..

Besides that, people love to celebrate the dead more than the living..
My brother, it's a force oo coz u can not officially marry their daughter if u don't fulfill those rights traditionally, which are fucking expensive.
Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by MuMuOnBail: 9:57am On Sep 15, 2022
Marriages should be free

Burials should be like Hausa people own

Transporting dead bodies should be allowed for now, because it pays our police officer better on the high way.
Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Robertgreene1(m): 9:58am On Sep 15, 2022
Interesting...
Op my Igbo bro from another mother...
I feel ur pains cus most Igbo customs disgust me honestly....
Cus Everything down East here is just money...money...money and more money...no simplicity or contentment at all like our northern brothers...
SMH...
Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Pecca: 9:59am On Sep 15, 2022
You didnt mention ABOBAKU or EARLY MARRIAGE

1 Like

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Ebubu: 9:59am On Sep 15, 2022
Popesuccess:

i support number 1 and 2 to be scrapped.

i don’t support number 3. people spirits will rest fully when buried with where they feel at home

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Rhectz(m): 9:59am On Sep 15, 2022
I concur..

Meanwhile, if you are desirous on registering for NYSC Batch C mobilization and you reside in Benin, kindly contact RHECTZ CONSULT ICT, situated at 68 New Lagos Road, Opposite Kaydees fast food, New Benin, Benin City.

You can call on 09066536194 or chat via WhatsApp on 08075647619

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Zeezenho: 10:00am On Sep 15, 2022
blamingthedevil:
Not in Nigeria, in the Eastern part of the country

Add

4. Osu slavery in South East
5. Inheritance for Female Child in South East

Or is it Queen Elizabeth II that caused all these?

May God deliver us from enemies within

God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

This mumu just watch out in the next five days he will leave tinubu and his sophisticated tribe to come beg Ibos for money oga thunder there mugu.
Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Oyira(m): 10:01am On Sep 15, 2022
Especially High cost of marriage very rampant.

Let's learn to do this in a simple style.
Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Zeezenho: 10:02am On Sep 15, 2022
undisputedKOC:
Stop dragging the rest of Nigeria into it because this is only applicable to Igbos only. Very extremely greedy and fraudulent tribe undecided

See pain and envy as if igbos they borrow money from your non existing father take solve their problems mumu.
Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by ajayiopy: 10:03am On Sep 15, 2022
Eriggs:

What part of Nigeria is this rampant?
Nairalanders, over to you.

Genuine answers only please.

IBOS AND IJEBU
Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by ATLIEN2027: 10:03am On Sep 15, 2022
undisputedKOC:
Stop dragging the rest of Nigeria into it because this is only applicable to Igbos only. Very extremely greedy and fraudulent tribe undecided
Don't mind him.
Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by YorubaSlur: 10:04am On Sep 15, 2022
Popesuccess:

What you fell to realize is that it's common in every part of the world. I bet you a funeral costs more in the US than Nigeria.

I think there's something wrong with us, maybe the hardship

1 Like

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Eeghe(f): 10:05am On Sep 15, 2022
Kingxchange44:
I was thought culture is people's way of life, allow them to practice their culture since it's not the reason banditry is high and our economy is going down.

God bless you
Your ancestors are proud of you

1 Like

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by blamingthedevil: 10:05am On Sep 15, 2022
Zeezenho:

This mumu just watch out in the next five days he will leave tinubu and his sophisticated tribe to come beg Ibos for money oga thunder there mugu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Girl Traditionally Weds British Lover In Her Village (photos) / The Emir Of Iwo, Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Rocks Northern Dress In Style / Photos Of King Square/Oba's Palace Benin In Preparation For Obas Coronation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.