Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,867 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:52 AM

Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years (11428 Views)

FG’s Monthly Electricity Subsidy Spending To Crash By 52% On New Tariff Hike / Nigeria Has Improved 4G Coverage From 23% To 77.52% — Osinbajo / Pic: Atiku Waving At Empty Stands At TBS In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by Temptee101(m): 11:17pm On Sep 15, 2022
MrOkenwa:
It's a global problem.

Don't say what you don't know

There has been a decline in inflation rate globally for the past few months while in Nigeria the reverse is the case.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by LibraKing: 11:26pm On Sep 15, 2022
I got a link online about employment opportunities in Nigerian Immigration Services-NIS sometime few months back, maybe July. i tried to register with the link https://immigrationrecruitment.org/ .

infact the site looked legit at first glance . but when i started uploading my files, i noticed unsual behaviour of the site . i knew something was off, but i convinced my self that the cheap site might be evidence of corruption in Nigeria. so i carried on. but when i got to the stage of paying tax electronically online to complete the registration ....another red flag in my mind.

Anyway , i did not fall victim , but 14/9/2022, i got email that the screening exercise will be up 17/9/2022. i was happy , printed my stuffs . but needed to go to their office to reconfirm since i dont know the venues yet, only to realize that it was all scam since none of the staff agreed that employment was ongoing .

Now my amazment is , how can clone, fake site run for more than 2months without the Nigerian govt, efcc or even NIS notice this. people are being scammed.

let relevant authorities take note

abeg this is my first post. move to front page . thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/7335219/why-nobody-talking-scam-employment
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by HIPROFILE(m): 12:04am On Sep 16, 2022
This is part of the reason we need peter Obi.

Amongst the 3 Major candidates he is the only person that understands these terms to start with and also how to curb its effects on the economy.

The rest just like their Olodo oga kpatakpata buhari thinks its a mere big big grammar.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by Bizibi(m): 12:26am On Sep 16, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
I know interpreting this is too difficult to understand for the lazy youth who idles away on the social media 24/7 from January to december to make a career in jesting and entertainment, this inflation is not caused by the Federal Govt and if you can just quit your idleness and live a productive lifesfyle, this temporary high inflation locally and globally can be a blessing for you to earn more.

The basket does not have all the goods and services in the country and some of the composite items like energy-related costs, school needs etc maybe temporary price increases
mtcheeeeew
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by Yankee101: 12:29am On Sep 16, 2022
Buhari and the 40 thieves una well done
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by tegrianonigltd(m): 12:48am On Sep 16, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
I know interpreting this is too difficult to understand for the lazy youth who idles away on the social media 24/7 from January to december to make a career in jesting and entertainment, this inflation is not caused by the Federal Govt and if you can just quit your idleness and live a productive lifesfyle, this temporary high inflation locally and globally can be a blessing for you to earn more.

The basket does not have all the goods and services in the country and some of the composite items like energy-related costs, school needs etc maybe temporary price increases

Government here are making sure inflation doesn’t affect the citizens, they even give extra cash to citizens to help them, so just shut up, since you are just used to Nigerian way of life, suffering and smiling. You don’t fucking have a system, a government or a good life in Nigeria, Only the rich can afford luxury, which is not like that here. Nigeria need a radical change, how can buhari be president in 20th century, a man without economical, educational, financial services track record to run nigeria, even uK Wey your leaders dey go chill dey change their PM if they Bleep up, you dey there dey support rubbish.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by Paxcal: 12:55am On Sep 16, 2022
Gmmmm

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by Xiaohei(m): 1:09am On Sep 16, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

It’s obvious that thing inside your skull isn’t working properly! How do you and your ilks sleep at night seeing the failure this country has become under Buhari’s administration? Why can’t you just speak the truth for once? You may have been paid peanuts to be a government keyboard warrior, was your conscience bought too? Don’t you have family members, friends, acquaintances … who are barely existing because of Buhari’s incompetencies? If Nigeria better na for everybody! May you return to your senses!
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by JooEeL(m): 1:13am On Sep 16, 2022
ATLIEN2027:
Compared to other countries, 20 percent is bad but could have been worse. Some countries even have it worse than Nigeria right now.
It's a Global crisis right now. Even here in the US, inflation is killing with price increase from food, Gas, housing, cars and even bills.
Imagine GA power charging people way more for electricity because of inflation.

Top 10 Countries with the Highest Inflation Rates (Trading Economics Jan 2022)
Venezuela — 1198.0%
Sudan — 340.0%
Lebanon — 201.0%
Syria — 139.0%
Suriname — 63.3%
Zimbabwe — 60.7%
Argentina — 51.2%
Turkey — 36.1%
Iran — 35.2%
Ethiopia — 33.0%

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/inflation-rate-by-country

https://www.yahoo.com/now/bad-inflation-different-countries-around-090000683.html

Did we all just start living this year? undecided

Can you compute the aggregate inflation of say the past 5 years of all diz countries and compare side by side with the zoo's?

Can you compare how the purchase power of the median household income or the minimum wage to that of niggar-area?

Anyway most black people are moronns.

Note, I did not call you a moronn. I just said most black people. So don't call the mods on me.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by Yankee101: 1:34am On Sep 16, 2022
Buhari. Ali Baba and the 40 thieves
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by ddeola: 1:45am On Sep 16, 2022
Tell them. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by MrOkenwa(m): 3:10am On Sep 16, 2022
Temptee101:

Don't say what you don't know

There has been a decline in inflation rate globally for the past few months while in Nigeria the reverse is the case.
I don’t live in Nigeria but I visit quite often. Despite the recent inflation, Nigeria is still one of the cheapest places to live currently. No need to argue that, go and make your findings.
So far, I’ve been to 6 countries this year and I spent minimum of 2 weeks in each of them.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by Masalanka: 3:50am On Sep 16, 2022
Gourdoinc:
Fake. Peter obi and his false statistics again. Him tu lie. Trying to paint the APC government bad. What about the 16 years of PDP.

It is only God the most high that will make wretched the lives of all APC supporters in 2023. They will seek and never find, their children will till the land and find it barren.

The evil they have always wished for everyone with their maladministration will haunt each and everyone of them. Even the 30k handout won't be able to soothe their afflictions. Bastard sons and daughters of belzebub

Shadafakap
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by Horus(m): 3:53am On Sep 16, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXYVnDSkt4k

Nigeria's Inflation Rate Surges To 16 Year High At 20.52 Percent
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by STPEACE10: 3:59am On Sep 16, 2022
All those people that are still ready to re-enforce this APC in the next National Election. My prayer for you is that this Hardship that befell average Nigerians under APC, may it befall you in double fold, Amen. Affliction shall not rise for the second time. Say no to APC.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by FEGNO: 4:49am On Sep 16, 2022
All these haters and fake news. There is no inflation in Nigeria. In fact prices of food and other things are steadily going down. Petrol is at its lowest price in almost 60 years. There are so many jobs available that we are looking for workers from around the world to take up employment. Doctors from everywhere and University lecturers are flocking into Nigeria daily. In 2023 all Nigerians must ensure continuity. God fire PMB and his cohorts
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by CocoaOla: 4:51am On Sep 16, 2022
JooEeL:

Did we all just start living this year? undecided

Can you compute the aggregate inflation of say the past 5 years of all diz countries and compare side by side with the zoo's?

Can you compare how the purchase power of the median household income or the minimum wage to that of niggar-area?

Anyway most black people are moronns.

Note, I did not call you a moronn. I just said most black people. So don't call the mods on me.
don't mind them boss apc government bull dogs and online unchin think everyone are illiterate on nairaland Rwanda angola Zambia that dont even have oil is the best performing economy in Africa so far with lowest inflation rate Nigeria will not compare their self with that progress naira is very useless this day no solution evils clowns in power

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by Theunbothered: 6:55am On Sep 16, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

But when inflation rate drops FG is the cause? undecided

This idiot will be blaming Ukraine war for inflation when it has been steadily rising since the dullard from Daura took power.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by Reference(m): 7:33am On Sep 16, 2022
Let me summarize it for dummies who insist on progressing in error.

If your salary of N10,000, N100,000 or N1,000,00 has not increased to N12,000, N120,000 or N1,200,000 by the end of the year, you have either ended the year poorer or started 2023 poorer than 12 months earlier.

Developed nations fear inflation more than external conflict itself and as I have said before governments rise and fall on their ability or inability to tame it.

Here the government in less concerned and the people are too ignorant and decadent to recognize this existential threat to the quality of their lives.

If the ruling APC cannot make concrete moves to reverse this figure then it cannot be elected back to power. If not the economy will only worsen.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by Theunbothered: 7:33am On Sep 16, 2022
MrOkenwa:
It's a global problem.

When good things are happening outside Nigeria will not be among.

Continue supporting nonsense.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by Grandmeister(m): 7:42am On Sep 16, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

You ended up not saying anything relating to the post. You guys are demonic through and through!
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by Reference(m): 7:48am On Sep 16, 2022
ATLIEN2027:
Compared to other countries, 20 percent is bad but could have been worse. Some countries even have it worse than Nigeria right now.
It's a Global crisis right now. Even here in the US, inflation is killing with price increase from food, Gas, housing, cars and even bills.
Imagine GA power charging people way more for electricity because of inflation.

Top 10 Countries with the Highest Inflation Rates (Trading Economics Jan 2022)
Venezuela — 1198.0%
Sudan — 340.0%
Lebanon — 201.0%
Syria — 139.0%
Suriname — 63.3%
Zimbabwe — 60.7%
Argentina — 51.2%
Turkey — 36.1%
Iran — 35.2%
Ethiopia — 33.0%

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/inflation-rate-by-country

https://www.yahoo.com/now/bad-inflation-different-countries-around-090000683.html

Oga statistics. Get this right in your head.

There are accidents all over the place. Some avoidable, others not.
What sane minds question is the preparedness to survive them and the capacity to overcome them.

I have never seen the scene of an accident where the victim sits or stays there in finality either alive or dead. If the victim is dead he is evacuated, if the victim is alive he is treated.

The difference between most of these nations and Nigeria is the actions after the fact. WHAT IS THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT DOING ABOUT THE INFLATION CRISES?

All over Europe, Asia and the Americas governments are taking concrete actions to combat inflation and succeeding in some cases. Why is Nigeria different. Where are the palliatives, where are the policy actions to tighten belts where wastage, corruption eats into the treasury, nothing.

This inept government continues as if nothing matters simply because the people are docile and will rather die in despondency than stand up against their sentiment.

Just sorry for Nigeria. Imagine comparing Nigeria with Sudan, Venezuela and Syria, nations under sanctions and at war? Which kind of nonsensical analysis is that?
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by TenQ: 8:04am On Sep 16, 2022
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by grandstar(m): 8:06am On Sep 16, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Those reasons you gave for inflation aren't the reasons.

Nigeria suffers from double digit inflation because of excess money in circulation.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 16, 2022
Gourdoinc:
Fake. Peter obi and his false statistics again. Him tu lie. Trying to paint the APC government bad. What about the 16 years of PDP.

It is only God the most high that will make wretched the lives of all APC supporters in 2023. They will seek and never find, their children will till the land and find it barren.

The evil they have always wished for everyone with their maladministration will haunt each and everyone of them. Even the 30k handout won't be able to soothe their afflictions. Bastard sons and daughters of belzebub

Mehn, we are all angry again APC but your own anger is on another level o
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by gabicon: 9:56am On Sep 16, 2022
oshozondii:

https://twitter.com/Broadstreet_Fin/status/1570390828803137539?s=19

It is expected, it's a cost push inflation, as a result of the rise in energy cost, production cost increased so did, material cost along sid energy cost.

It's not directly the governments fault but it indirectly is. If we had great power infrastructure alone it has the potential of dropping inflation by more than half.
Re: Nigeria's Inflation Rate Stands At 20.52%, Highest In 17 Years by JooEeL(m): 2:14pm On Sep 16, 2022
CocoaOla:
don't mind them boss apc government bull dogs and online unchin think everyone are illiterate on nairaland Rwanda angola Zambia that dont even have oil is the best performing economy in Africa so far with lowest inflation rate Nigeria will not compare their self with that progress naira is very useless this day no solution evils clowns in power

Dont mind them. They are shameless idiots. Black people can be seriously irritating and evil-accommodating.

Olorun o ni je! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See Complete List Of Political Parties In Nigeria From 1960 Till Date / Sagay: Remove EFCC, ICPC From Malami’s Control - Prof. Advises Buhari / Governor Ugwuanyi Inspects Road Projects In Ogrute (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.