Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,462 members, 7,846,933 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:47 AM

Moving Over To Kano, What Should I Expect? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Moving Over To Kano, What Should I Expect? (1838 Views)

Can A Southern President Do To Kano What Was Done To Lagos?! / What I Expect Nigerian Workers Would Say About Tha Minimum Wage – Saraki / PMB IN KANO: What Happens In Kano Is More Than Lock Down, It's a Tsunami ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moving Over To Kano, What Should I Expect? by Afamed: 10:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
WhizdomXX:

He has come and gone his time is long past. Thanks for the yuseful advice
Yusuf can't win his local Govt in Zaria. I wonder where and where are you expecting Obi to get votes from in the North

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moving Over To Kano, What Should I Expect? by WhizdomXX(m): 10:14pm On Sep 15, 2022
Afamed:

Yawa go gas for wetin? Are people not allowed to practice their religion in Kano?
The advice is candid. It's just a pity Christainity is the calmer faith.
Re: Moving Over To Kano, What Should I Expect? by WhizdomXX(m): 10:16pm On Sep 15, 2022
Afamed:

Yusuf can't win his local Govt in Zaria. I wonder where and where are you expecting Obi to get votes from in the North
Bros Atiku lost his polling unit in 2019 when we still supported him. I'll rather support Obi that will win both his polling unit and State than Atiku that will lose his polling unit and Okowa that may end up losing his State. So in conclusion where is Atiku going to get his 25% required votes in the southern states?

1 Like

Re: Moving Over To Kano, What Should I Expect? by onomeabuja: 11:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
WhizdomXX:

Onoms why?
This onoms when u call me,
U b my persin....
I greet u bros.
Re: Moving Over To Kano, What Should I Expect? by Michelle70(m): 12:55pm On Sep 16, 2022
Fairandlovely:
Going to kano will be the best decision you ever took. Transportation is cheap: keke to be precise nothing like bike or taxi. Please rent an accommodation in nomansland sabongari cos the roads in nomansland are good compare to ijebu rd in sabongari. Op i use God in heaven beg u,,nor go follow dem dey discuss religion ooo cos na there yawo go for gas
Good luck dude wink
wetin concern me and religion?

Thanks for the advice sha
Re: Moving Over To Kano, What Should I Expect? by Michelle70(m): 12:57pm On Sep 16, 2022
Afamed:
You are good to go. But be prepared for change in Whether conditions especially towards Nov/ Dec till Feb . Extremely cold.
Either you get accomodation at Nomanslland / court road by Gyadi Gyadi or Bompai. Those are nice areas to stay.
Don't get accomodation at Sabon Gari, it's really a corrupt place.

You have nothing to fear, Kano is one of the safest states in Nigeria
pls corruption is relative.

Is it corrupt base on say stealing deh rampant or just religious fanatics?
pls i will like u to explain this part.

mynd44 and nlfpmod make ona epp me
Re: Moving Over To Kano, What Should I Expect? by WhizdomXX(m): 2:31pm On Sep 17, 2022
onomeabuja:

This onoms when u call me,
U b my persin....
I greet u bros.
Yes, I greet you more. I was born, brought up and lived my entire life in Delta's two biggest cities. So Onoms can you give me 5 cogent reasons for why you are supporting Atiku.
Re: Moving Over To Kano, What Should I Expect? by onomeabuja: 4:59pm On Sep 17, 2022
WhizdomXX:

Yes, I greet you more. I was born, brought up and lived my entire life in Delta's two biggest cities. So Onoms can you give me 5 cogent reasons for why you are supporting Atiku.
Well
1. I'm a born delta State son & I have lived all my life in d north
2. With all our resource, my leaders in those region can not boast of so many social amenities( water, light, jobs good roads, hospitals etc)
3.in 2015 the same sets of people who brought in this APC( mostly Christians) conspired with this present government to rig goodluck Jonathan out of power bcoz they felt d man was slow & they wanted change( d devil u know is better than d Angel u don't know) but our economy was not bad during his tenure.
4.Atiku is not Fulani as people are saying..... He is an hausa from adamawa state. 40% of adamawa are Christians & u hardly hear crises coming from that state.
Adamawa people are very very good people( they are good in hospitality & they are so helpful)
5. If I cast my vote for Obi it means I'm it means I'm voting in Apc ( deviding my vote) then giving apc an edge.
I want change of political party & i want Apc out of this country and this world....
So my tent is for PDP & i wouldn't want to make d mistake like others who brought in Apc.
Re: Moving Over To Kano, What Should I Expect? by frank14011991(m): 5:56pm On Sep 17, 2022
onomeabuja:

Well
2. With all our resource, my leaders in those region can not boast of so many social amenities( water, light, jobs good roads, hospitals etc)
3.in 2015 the same sets of people who brought in this APC( mostly Christians) conspired with this present government to rig goodluck Jonathan out of power bcoz they felt d man was slow & they wanted change( d devil u know is better than d Angel u don't know) but our economy was not bad during his tenure.
4.Atiku is not Fulani as people are saying..... He is an hausa from adamawa state. 40% of adamawa are Christians & u hardly hear crises coming from that state.
Adamawa people are very very good people( they are good in hospitality & they are so helpful)
5. If I cast my vote for Obi it means I'm it means I'm voting in Apc ( deviding my vote) then giving apc an edge.
I want change of political party & i want Apc out of this country and this world....
So my tent is for PDP & i wouldn't want to make d mistake like others who brought in Apc.
sorry to insult you but na mumu you be, Atiku was among those that conspired against Jonathan in 2015 saying power should return to the north.after 8 years of nothern rule, you are still supporting a notherner over 2 southerners

1 Like

Re: Moving Over To Kano, What Should I Expect? by onomeabuja: 6:43pm On Sep 17, 2022
frank14011991:
sorry to insult you but na mumu you be, Atiku was among those that conspired against Jonathan in 2015 saying power should return to the north.after 8 years of nothern rule, you are still supporting a notherner over 2 southerners
Well i don't have time for u ooooo but watch ur tongue embarassed
Re: Moving Over To Kano, What Should I Expect? by frank14011991(m): 7:04pm On Sep 17, 2022
onomeabuja:

Well i don't have time for u ooooo but watch ur tongue embarassed
because you know I am saying the truth.just imagine a southerner finishing his two terms and another southerner contesting the next election.how will notherners react.are southerners slaves?
Re: Moving Over To Kano, What Should I Expect? by WhizdomXX(m): 8:33am On Sep 18, 2022
onomeabuja:

Well
1.) And Which state residing currently?
2.) With all the money still being shared in the north, social amenities are still far less distributed than over here.
3.) Atiku as a matter of fact was the biggest conspirator from the camp of pdp to bolster the ruling apc to power, alongside amaechi of course.
4.) See pic below. Modibbo conquered Adamawa with a flag of suzerainty given to him by Dan fodio. Nevertheless, most of the indigenous population are among the many scattered middlebelt ethnic groups like chamba who all speak Hausa as their secondary language and are mostly Christains. ATIKU'S part of Adamawa was never originally Nigerian, it was northern Cameroon. Adamawans true to what I've heard are generally hospitable, Atiku's only hospitality is sharing dollars and fleeing to dubai. I worked for his campaign in 2019 so I know what I'm saying
5.) Casting your vote at first ballot for Obi/ Labour party isn't a waste. Nobody is going to win at that first round. So support Obi to make it to the second round. Apc is not the mistake, it's the current person's running the polity. Many of whom will continue if they decamp to pdp.

Re: Moving Over To Kano, What Should I Expect? by Bash92(m): 9:01am On Sep 18, 2022
You will enjoy Kano, cost of living over there is generally low than the south. Like others have said, avoid religious discussions. If you are a Christian go to church and if you are a Muslim go your mosque jejely. But generally they are good and accommodating people, if you are Yoruba they will even welcome you very. If you now show willingness to learn hausa, they will over love you.
Re: Moving Over To Kano, What Should I Expect? by zolajpower: 9:02am On Sep 18, 2022
Michelle70:
i just do not want people speaking hausa to me on daily basis.
Trust me, i have seen northern people in Rivers state that do not understand pidgin.

At least in Anambra, once they know u are not igbo, they will change to pidgin.

I cannot enter a bike and drop cos the driver doesnt understand pidgin na.

Hausa language is one of the best and recognize languages in Nigeria and outside Nigeria. If you re patient enough to learn it , it's to your own advantage .

If u travel to Ghana, Niger, benin ,Cameroon etc their re thousands of native speakers . SO it will help you in future, in case you travel to any of those countries .
I learnt to speak d little Hausa I understand in less than a year , imagine if I spent 5 years
Re: Moving Over To Kano, What Should I Expect? by Michelle70(m): 9:32am On Sep 18, 2022
zolajpower:

Hausa language is one of the best and recognize languages in Nigeria and outside Nigeria. If you re patient enough to learn it , it's to your own advantage .

If u travel to Ghana, Niger, benin ,Cameroon etc their re thousands of native speakers . SO it will help you in future, in case you travel to any of those countries .
I learnt to speak d little Hausa I understand in less than a year , imagine if I spent 5 years
i am too old to start learning other languages o.

Learning a language is best when u are still young and has no problem in life
Re: Moving Over To Kano, What Should I Expect? by Munamoqel: 9:58am On Sep 18, 2022
Michelle70:
So i go this job in Kano, the pay is actually 2 times more than my current job.

My major problem is the language, since i cant speak Hausa or fulani, will it be hard for me to communicate with the populace?

I do not enjoy telling people that i do not speak their language.
I had it tough when i was in Anambra.
whenever u want to buy something, the cashier will first speak igbo.

Also what is life like in Kano (the capital), as someone from the Niger delta region, what kind of life should i expect over there?
you will enjoy your stay. Don't stay in Sabon gari too croweded and corrupt ! Choose place like new enugu ,and yankaba with diverse ethinic population
Re: Moving Over To Kano, What Should I Expect? by Michelle70(m): 10:19am On Sep 18, 2022
Munamoqel:
you will enjoy your stay. Don't stay in Sabon gari too croweded and corrupt ! Choose place like new enugu ,and yankaba with diverse ethinic population
the corrupt about this sabon gari,
is it corrupt like some pick pocket and occasion cult class kinda corrupt?

Cos as a young man who grew up in portharcourt, there is a level of corrupt i see as normal o grin
Re: Moving Over To Kano, What Should I Expect? by Nwaotu10(m): 11:15am On Sep 18, 2022
Omihanifa:

You only know northerners on the surface. Take time and observe them very well you will understand what am saying. In this country nobody gossip reach Hausa men. Whenever you see 2 or 3 Hausa men gather nah gossip dem Dey gossip. Am saying this because I live with them. Two things you can’t take away from them is gossip and hypocrisy.
You're very right.
Re: Moving Over To Kano, What Should I Expect? by Munamoqel: 11:18am On Sep 18, 2022
Michelle70:
the corrupt about this sabon gari,
is it corrupt like some pick pocket and occasion cult class kinda corrupt?

Cos as a young man who grew up in portharcourt, there is a level of corrupt i see as normal o grin
ok you will fit in .it not cult or pick pockets .if you don't mind waking up and looking at a brotel or a church speakers opp you or a club you will be fine ! You will forget you are in Northern Nigeria there might be around 300k to 500k within sabon gari
Re: Moving Over To Kano, What Should I Expect? by Michelle70(m): 11:36am On Sep 18, 2022
Munamoqel:
ok you will fit in .it not cult or pick pockets .if you don't mind waking up and looking at a brotel or a church speakers opp you or a club you will be fine ! You will forget you are in Northern Nigeria there might be around 300k to 500k within sabon gari
brothels? i thought sharia forbids prostitution
Re: Moving Over To Kano, What Should I Expect? by zolajpower: 11:44am On Sep 18, 2022
Michelle70:
i am too old to start learning other languages o.

Learning a language is best when u are still young and has no problem in life

Then you have to ask for redeployment of your employment to another state or back to your state .
And who told you there's a limit to understanding language ? Funny enough Hausa language is the most easiest language to learn in Nigeria, if you pay attention and don't mixup with them with bearing a tribal grudge in ur mind .
Like you earlier said they don't ( majority ) speak pigin let alone good English . That way you can learn it very fast ......

It's been 20 years since I left Kano I will tell you that I still speak d cut and nail I'm able to understand by speaking with them whenever I go to the market or play soccer with them in Agege .
It's a friendly and business language , more business friendly than Yoruba , ibo (even your own language ) etc in Nigeria.
A Hausa person can give you his own gain and sell the product to you in cost prize of which the Igbo and Yoruba won't do.
If I have your opportunity I will be the happiest man because I want to learn more and learn other languages , I was even learning to understand and speak d IGALA language ( no thanks to the 2001 riot )

(1) (2) (Reply)

LP Leads On Nairaland Presidential Poll Results. APC & PDP Follow / Makinde Dumps Wike, Agrees To Lead Atiku Mega Rally In Ibadan / Peter Obi's Lawyer Explains Why Tinubu Must Be Sworn In On 29 May

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.