Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,955 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) (22366 Views)

Tinubu Delighted With Rousing Welcome In Port Harcourt (photos) / Wike Inspects Rebisi Flyover Bridge In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Goat Dressed With Brooms At Wike Campaign Rally In Port Harcourt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Unrated900(m): 11:17am On Sep 16, 2022
As long as sun is still shining
My solar is always on
Check my siggy for mini solar
That would power ur tv and laptops and dstv and more
08068094003 Watsapp
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by GamalNasser: 11:17am On Sep 16, 2022
rusher14:
You want to fight Wike with fuel marketers.

Now we know how Atiku and some elites prompt these unions to strike.

Wike impose new taxes on them and it's Atiku you want to blame cheesy
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by anonimi: 11:19am On Sep 16, 2022
Johnny147147:
You are not resident in Portharcourt hence your assertions. This is apolitical.
The residents are going through pains now

Is Atiku the president, the petroleum minister or the president

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by DLuciano: 11:19am On Sep 16, 2022
rusher14:
You want to fight Wike with fuel marketers.

Now we know how Atiku and some elites prompt these unions to strike.
you just open your mouth and ooze out bacterial in public

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by rusher14: 11:21am On Sep 16, 2022
GamalNasser:

Wike impose new taxes on them and it's Atiku you want to blame cheesy

Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by rusher14: 11:21am On Sep 16, 2022
DLuciano:
you just open your mouth and ooze out bacterial in public

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by fortunez1(m): 11:22am On Sep 16, 2022
So what do you think is the problem? since it's about who is n who is not in ph.
Johnny147147:

You are not resident in Portharcourt hence your assertions. This is apolitical.
The residents are going through pains now
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by newnigerdelta00: 11:23am On Sep 16, 2022
florensho:
Omo

Omo wetin? You get motor ,abi you get generator...dey there dey shout Omo,dey find like.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by DLuciano: 11:24am On Sep 16, 2022
[quote author=rusher14 post=116717949][/quote] grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by tishbite42: 11:24am On Sep 16, 2022
Hope sey this one never reach Lagos
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by GloriousGbola: 11:25am On Sep 16, 2022
Kasssandra:

Because if I understood the OP , the tax raise is restricted to Rivers state...unless you want to tell me Lagos is in Rivers state? (Wike would be happy!)

i am saying this happened in lagos with frequency some 8 years ago - because different task forces were always arresting tanker drivers. their response was to go on strike. in a democracy, no government can beat the tankers drivers union. unless of course wike sends people with machete to visit the PTD chairman at night

So where would companies get money to pay workers when cost of living rises? From the magic money tree....or from price increases?

layoffs. that is the reality.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 16, 2022
GloriousGbola:

i am saying this happened in lagos with frequency some 8 years ago - because different task forces were always arresting tanker drivers. their response was to go on strike. in a democracy, no government can beat the tankers drivers union. unless of course wike sends people with machete to visit the PTD chairman at night

Yeah, and when income from taxes runs low, the states get into problems.....

Nigeria is not making enough money, and the answer is not 'agriculture'.

layoffs. that is the reality.
[/quote]

Force a company to sell at a loss, and layoffs would be the least of their worries.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by judeovoma: 11:43am On Sep 16, 2022
Na so
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by GreatrAnalyst: 12:04pm On Sep 16, 2022
It's only in Nigeria that people exalt Wike as an excellent Governor.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by ljoh: 12:10pm On Sep 16, 2022
I thought they sell bunkering there
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by kenwilk: 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2022
Africana1123:
5%

Cannot do anything

You will soon go back to Biafra or nothing
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by faceland: 12:46pm On Sep 16, 2022
In my own state we had 8 month scarcity from December last year till August...

I know by November they might do their annual scarcity.

Buhari made hardship our culture.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Blacknote: 1:32pm On Sep 16, 2022
I heard that the tanker drivers strike that's causing the scarcity has been resolved, I believe things will return to normalcy by Monday.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by golor(m): 1:37pm On Sep 16, 2022
Come to Ada George by okultin Golorxy Oil and gas is sell 250 per litre
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Bigfish121(m): 1:48pm On Sep 16, 2022
We don already experience our for Abuja here make una experience una own.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Passionate888: 2:38pm On Sep 16, 2022
obembet:
Since Tuesday.

Rivers state government enforce new level for the tanker users. 50k per tanker apart from normal payment those people are paying...

Wike not FG

You're a big liar. It's between IPMAN and Petroleum Tankers Drivers Association of Nigeria
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by okrikaboi: 4:39pm On Sep 16, 2022
Prettylima:
Okay check my signature we produce all kinds of packaging cartons
What's your location?
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by AmazingELixir: 4:51pm On Sep 16, 2022
Johnny147147:
Portharcourt City is experiencing a major setback from lack of petroleum products almost halting daily activities and skyrocketing the price of transportation and other basic commodities while the sitting governor H.E Nyesom Eze Nwike seems not to care.

It was learn that petroleum transporters went on strike over heavy taxes imposed on them.

More details to follow as the true reason why the situation still lingers... Why Wike is mum is a big puzzle to solve though

What a very stooooooopid reportage....what has fuel scarcity got to do with a state governor, is Wike the minister of Petroleum, NNPC limited, independent marketer or the federal government that controls and distributes petroleum products.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 16, 2022
Update, the strike has been called off today, it was caused by extortion, people set up rackets to extort these tanker drivers, unions, police, soldiers, civil defence and touts, you name it.
Where do these extorted monies go? Private pockets, then the end consumer bears the brunt.
I bought fuel at 350 naira a litre yesterday.
Black market sold for up to 800 naira in some places.
We hope normalcy and sanity returns to the downstream sector.
And that the refineries at Eleme function as promised.

Importing petroleum products in 2023 will be a disaster.

The privatized NNPC should sit up, and allow private players to operate, we don't need a monopoly.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by dyera(m): 6:45pm On Sep 16, 2022
Tonymegabush1:
Funny people...

It's only in Nigeria that pump station will run out of fuel/diesel but you will see black market sellers selling there's infront of those station.....

The black market guys are hoarders. They are not doing anything wrong, they buy and preserve the fuel when it is available and bring it out to sell when it becomes scarce.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:02pm On Sep 16, 2022
dyera:

The black market guys are hoarders. They are not doing anything wrong, they buy and preserve the fuel when it is available and bring it out to sell when it becomes scarce.

Not against the black market guys, am looking at it from the point view, why would Nigeria be running out of PMS to dispense
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Harmattan123(m): 8:23pm On Sep 16, 2022
Hmm

Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Sniper101(m): 10:07pm On Sep 16, 2022
kushma:
Not only In port harcourt even in many locations in Nigeria are experiencing it.

Don't mind the useless and uninformed OP

He's probably a hater of Port Harcourt indigenes. Rivers state people. And every other thing that has to do with Wike
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Chivic19: 5:22am On Sep 17, 2022
https://GridPayout.com/index.php?ref=186859

That's how the poor masses are suffering, transportation cost has trippled.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Withdraw Your Threat, Ijaw Group Tells Oodua Defenders Union / National Assembly To Create 80 Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education / Pictures From APC Solidarity Rally In Jigawa State For Tinubu/Shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.