Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,451 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain (25606 Views)

Ernest Peremobowei, Footballer Drowns Rescuing Victims Of Boat Mishap In Bayelsa / Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash / Iran Plane Crash: The victims Of Ukraine Flight By Nationality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by Godada(m): 10:12am On Sep 16, 2022
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by Hnansnmn: 10:12am On Sep 16, 2022
grin
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by Raxxye(m): 10:12am On Sep 16, 2022
Someone had to pay with their own lives because a certain driver didn't want to waste a few minutes or hours to queue in traffic.
It's a bitter experience if one or someone close is a victim.

4 Likes

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by sukkot: 10:12am On Sep 16, 2022
oluwaseyi0:
driving against traffic should be totally frowned upon but that doesn't change the fact that Lagos traffic law is too draconian

the law only affects the poor

you will not see very expensive vehicles of island big boys/men being auction

whereas these rich dudes are the master of one-way violations
thats because they went behind the scene and paid 1 million naira to collect their vehicle before auction. if you have 1 mllion they would allow you collect your vehicle before auction. na poor man dey allow him vehicle reach auction point

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:12am On Sep 16, 2022
Let them face the consequences of their actions no Bleep to give

1 Like

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by Sonyboom765: 10:13am On Sep 16, 2022
Is speeding same as driving against incoming traffick or you are brain dead. Are you Igbo ?

crafteck:
Let victim of political injustice, illgal police procecutions also talk.. One way deserves punishment but not impounding of vehicles. If victim of overspeeding vehicles talk, you go know sey na times 100 of this, should we impound all vehicles that go above speed limit?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by 3ple9iner: 10:14am On Sep 16, 2022
An Uncle friend was also hit by a one way driver at Abeokuta. The driver hit him, his head went into the windscreen and maybe because of fear, the driver was still driving untill people cut up with him.
The man had to go through numerous surgeries and uptill today, he still uses crutches but the doctors said he would still be able to work without crutches.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by Okhuadams(m): 10:15am On Sep 16, 2022

1 Like

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by TheFacelessMan: 10:16am On Sep 16, 2022
Lagos should do what they deem necessary to clean up their state.

If you find them too harsh or repressive...you can always relocate elsewhere.

I personally dislike it for being so rowdy. So the Government is justified in its attempts to uphold law and order.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by Fuckingmallam45(m): 10:16am On Sep 16, 2022
oluwaseyi0:
driving against traffic should be totally frowned upon but that doesn't change the fact that Lagos traffic law is too draconian

Have you ever heard about this Yoruba word, " Agidi talika ". The rich don't have time for all this rubbish one way of a thing. It's always the poor stubborn man that always misbehave.
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by Lanretoye(m): 10:16am On Sep 16, 2022
Some fools are saying punishment too severe,na moto go kill them.

2 Likes

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:17am On Sep 16, 2022
calso:
Later, other people will complain the punishment given by the government is too stringent?

One way drivers deserve all they get. We must all be law abiding citizens.
Most of all those complaining are notorious traffic violators

1 Like

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 10:18am On Sep 16, 2022
Where is Leiylau
Ho po nu
Come and disgrace yourself again please.
Since you no want get SENSE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by tctrills: 10:18am On Sep 16, 2022
Alphafeezay:
Breaking traffic rules is like committing murder
The problem is mostly with the government agencies. There are never clear signs on most one-way roads. Sometimes the security agents use these to set traps for drivers. Put clear signs then you can arrest and size people's cars.

1 Like

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by hope4nigeria(m): 10:18am On Sep 16, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

forget them, I'm a Yoruba man from osun State, I don't support wickedness, Tinubu never become president, he blocked road for over 5hrs, nothing was done about it, nobody condemn such action, isn't that worse than one way traffic? What stop Lagos government from charge them to court, withdrawn drivers license, rehabilitate and retraining them. Must they create bad blood? Brainless people.

1 Like

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by Bobbyjay001(m): 10:19am On Sep 16, 2022
How much of the packages? And how for the three?

I can't WhatsApp you. I have reasons. Post price here please.
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by Cantonese: 10:19am On Sep 16, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

If the law is too draconian, what do you call killing people in the name of hurrying, impatience, etc by those drivers?

How can you prove that the law only affects the poor? Did you not read the news very well? Did you not see the images clearly? Please look and you will see SUVs.

Laws are there to bring orderliness. If you chose to run foul of the law, then get ready for the punishment that goes with it.

4 Likes

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by TheFacelessMan: 10:20am On Sep 16, 2022
Indispensable85:
We're too linient with traffic rules in this country. If u see wetin Canada do my person early dis year for traffic offence you go cry. After collecting her driver's licence,they took her car to their office and parked it there for 1month. When she went there after the 1month to claim the car, they told her she's going to pay 50 dollars per day for parking space within their premises. By the time they added money for the main offence she had to pay close to 3k dollars. She wept like a baby. Kikikikikikiki........she was late for work and went to drive on the wrong lane to beat time. This things are taken seriously over there because it can lead to the death of another person. More than half of her salary that month was gone. Lol.......

This is a great comment on how someone was punished in Canada.

They quickly made her realize that Nigeria and Canada are 2 different places.

5 Likes

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by karnafiu03(m): 10:20am On Sep 16, 2022
The truth is road accident will hardly occur if people obeys traffic rules. Zero sympathy from my side too!

1 Like

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by orazx: 10:23am On Sep 16, 2022
Lagos State Government have paid some people 5k each to form stories.

RIP to the Dead.

One Way Driving is Bad.

We all Loss at the End both Victims and Car owners.

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by SmartyPants(m): 10:24am On Sep 16, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

One ought not to be poor and stupid at the same time.
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by Mrtaye: 10:25am On Sep 16, 2022
Patriotsleague:
Any driver following one way must.have his vehicle impounded and jailed.
I don't condone one way drivers who brazenly take one way on highway and express roads...Danfo drivers and some recalcitrant drivers are culpable and the shower be dealt with but my issue is that some inner strets that are not conspicuously marked as one way is an avenue for extortion....Also another instance I encountered last week ßunday along Agege motor road after ikeja along inward agege trying to link Ashade and I must tell you that the major road was damaged and flooded while vehicles that tried entering the damaged and flooded road were hooked and their vehicle went off then other vehicles decided to pass the other lane for incoming vehicles which was one way in order to cut off the damaged and flooded portion and align back to the road meters ahead after the road demarcation.....so don't you think this particular scenario is peculiar
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by MaziBiafra042: 10:25am On Sep 16, 2022
One way can only be used by motorist when there is construction going on in the road. Any motorist driving one way or against the traffic should be dealt with, ruthlessly!!! grin grin
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by Cantonese: 10:25am On Sep 16, 2022
Okhuadams:
we see them everyday especially bus drivers with the encouragement of passagers. I have withness one at mile two the bus driver escaped. It's common among bus drivers and they always get away bcoz the police are their mentors

Exactly.

That’s how the passengers in one bus were encouraging the driver to ignore me. I was warning the driver to mind my car as I was on my lane jejely. The driver too did not care until he broke my side mirror. The passengers told him to ignore me and he tried. When the wahala started the passengers all ran away abandoning him to his fate. The yeye driver then started begging.
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by MrJames007: 10:25am On Sep 16, 2022
Braxtoon:
nah so one nearly break my arm the guy even sped off.. the injury lasted for weeks but I thank God I'm completely healed now.. I feel no pity on them.. so many lives have been lost because of those drivers
I'm not supporting them. You musta lost guard while on the road.
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by rusher14: 10:25am On Sep 16, 2022
Abizz:
Truth is, we are all guilty of this one-way drive.
May we just never be caught but if caught, accept whatever comes.

Not all of us are guilty please.
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by majamajic(m): 10:26am On Sep 16, 2022
Patriotsleague:
Any driver following one way must.have his vehicle impounded and jailed.

Most one way in lagos u hardly notice it . Like the ones in VI

There's this one way in gbagada facing express , if u are not familiar to the area u will never know . Another one way is at awolowo way near old ikeja local government , one way in the morning , no one way in evening

Another one is at cement egbeda near iyana ipaja , there's a bridge there at express from 3pm it will turn to one way , no one way in morning . Another one way is at GTB head office VI . U can never notice it unless u are familiar with the area . One again is at faguyi way rail crossing into ikeja GRA from oshodi express , u can never notice it too . Another one is at oshodi near MC oluomo hotel , u can never notice it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 16, 2022
Abizz:

Speak for yourself. I am not
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by Patriotsleague: 10:27am On Sep 16, 2022
Mrtaye:

I don't condone one way drivers who brazenly take one way on highway and express roads...Danfo drivers and some recalcitrant drivers are culpable and the shower be dealt with but my issue is that some inner strets that are not conspicuously marked as one way is an avenue for extortion....Also another instance I encountered last week ßunday along Agege motor road after ikeja along inward agege trying to link Ashade and I must tell you that the major road was damaged and flooded while vehicles that tried entering the damaged and flooded road were hooked and their vehicle went off then other vehicles decided to pass the other lane for incoming vehicles which was one way in order to cut off the damaged and flooded portion and align back to the road meters ahead after the road demarcation.....so don't you think this particular scenario is peculiar
These cases are those caught on major roads, that's where you mostly find LASTMA and road traffic operatives. These days most one way route are clearly marked.
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by ppogba: 10:28am On Sep 16, 2022
Abizz:

With due respect sir, NOT ALL of us are guilty of the offence.

If you know the consequence of taking one way and killing someone in the process, you Will never dare it.

Again, not all of us sir.
Re: Victims Of One-Way-Drivers Speak, Share Their Pain by simplesearch: 10:29am On Sep 16, 2022
I fully support whatever punishment is meted out to one way drivers, if and only if that's the penalty attached to it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Nigerian Lady Talks Of Her Cultural Shock In France: / Air Peace Tyre Deflates On Take-Off At Murtala Muhammed International Airport / FAAN Bans Luggage Screening At MMIA Departure Hall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.