Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,952 members, 7,814,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat (27745 Views)

Auction Of 'Stolen' Nigerian Artifacts Goes Ahead In Paris / Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown / Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by nlfpmod: 2:47pm On Sep 16, 2022
Jubril A. Gawat, the Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the Governor of Lagos State on New Media:

THREAD: FACTS about the Lagos State Auction Process that happened yesterday.

1. The Lagos State Taskforce in collaboration with the Lagos State Ministry of Justice auctioned 134 forfeited and abandoned vehicles at the Taskforce compound in Alausa, Ikeja.

2. The role of Lagos State Taskforce is to carry out enforcement exercise which is confiscation of vehicles for traffic offenses, and handing them over to the MOBILE COURT (with evidence) for Judgement.

3. Some of the cars being auctioned here were confiscated Not for ONE WAY Alone, there are other offices that attracts just a fine but some people run away from the Court Process, that's why they have been forfeited to the State Government after the stipulated period (BY LAW)

4. The Coordinator of The Lagos State Special Offenses Mobile Court was present at the Auction venue, she says exercise is seemless and well organised and also disclosed that all 134 vehicles on display had gone through due process of the COURT OF LAW before being forfeited.

5. Taskforce says auction exercise is to desist the public from committing crime or traffic offences as no one would be spared if found wanting. He says he hopes that this exercise would serve as a deterrent to other road users who are fond of driving against traffic.

6. Finally …. ENFORCEMENT CONTINUES.

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGs/status/1570664369838788608?t=-qfptiEAHuAMBdWcaxlt-g&s=08

13 Likes

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by festacman(m): 2:50pm On Sep 16, 2022
No problems but LASG should erect traffic signs boldly and clearly all over Lagos. Replace them when some unscrupulous police officers deliberately remove them to extort from innocent citizens. The idea should be to achieve road safety rather than to punish.

I believe the ruthless auction at this critical political time is a bold move. I hope motorists would learn from it and drive properly against every temptations to break the traffic laws. Believe me, the temptation can be strong sometimes due various reasons such as time management issues, condition of vehicle, bad roads, etc

139 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by Paperwhite(m): 2:50pm On Sep 16, 2022
Nigeria: Impunity, lawlessness and the warped justice system.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by Molafood(m): 2:53pm On Sep 16, 2022
Ok
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by Davidonkonsults: 2:54pm On Sep 16, 2022
Hopeless regime.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by lessonotes(f): 2:54pm On Sep 16, 2022
Good. Sensitization needs to continue to ward off deterrents and offenders.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by oluwaseyi0: 2:54pm On Sep 16, 2022
m
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by SultanOfPuna: 2:54pm On Sep 16, 2022
Buy 2 cars for 450,000 each
Sell am for 1.8 million each
I will get 4 million.

Na to Enter Lagos, Business don set

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by Adesina18111(m): 2:54pm On Sep 16, 2022
Hii
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by LuxInnovation1: 2:54pm On Sep 16, 2022
HOW EASY IT IS TO PUT UP A FACT CHECK.

THE LAW IS MADE FOR MAN, NOT MAN FOR LAW. THE GOVERNMENT IS MEANT TO SERVE THE PEOPLE, NOT BECOME THEIR MASTERS

It is essentially saying that rules and regulations (laws) are put into place for man's benefit - to make our lives better, safer, healthier and, hopefully, happier.

When a rule surpasses it's intended benefit and begins to impinge or, in fact, restrict the person or citizen who it originally was set in place to help or safeguard, then it no longer is deemed to be a useful and just law.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by FunkeAyorinde: 2:55pm On Sep 16, 2022
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by Ethannathan(m): 2:55pm On Sep 16, 2022
O
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by Mrkumareze(m): 2:55pm On Sep 16, 2022
angry
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by oluseyiforjesus(m): 2:55pm On Sep 16, 2022
It's not adviceable to buy an auction property in Nigeria. What if d own arrange boys for you, what if d owner send sango or amodioaha?
We have a common saying in Nigeria, "awof dey run belle......."
It's a good one anyway if we want Nigeria to be great..........
I'm looking for that "Arise news" guy jeep I no see am. Abi he has finally call the governor?
I come in peace.....

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 2:55pm On Sep 16, 2022
cheesy
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 2:55pm On Sep 16, 2022
I love what Lagos government did.

Law and order MUST BE KEPT!

I lost an uncle to hit-and-run one-way driver last year. He was in his 80s but it was still very painful. Wherever the killer is, may hardship and calamity befall him or her and his or her entire family members.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by Petersamuel8(m): 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2022
a typical example of taking from Peter and giving to Paul, why not fine offenders?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by Whois(m): 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2022
The so called enforcement agent are equally
guilty of breaking the traffic laws but anyways the law is an ass

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by Auction9ja: 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2022
Watch this space...
Something HUUGE IS COMING SOON!
auction9ja. com

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by Auction9ja: 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2022
Watch this space...
Something HUUGE IS COMING SOON!
auction9ja. com

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by Cryofigbos: 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2022
Na those wey come from the yeast go come dey cry untop dis matter nw..........very confused useless ppl

But the government should do more about danfo drivers, those ppl r really constituting nuisance and r d major cause of traffics in lagos

124 Likes

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by sucess001(m): 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2022
Stupid defense.

Why don't you say the truth that the mobile court only sits on Tuesdays and Thursdays?

Why
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2022
But why would they remove the one way signs, they should b more of correcting not punishing.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by AdamuKD: 2:57pm On Sep 16, 2022
grin
I was very happy when I saw those urchins crying like fools. Go and check very well, u will say na those one's supporting tilumbu and be abusing us in this forum.
When the rain falls, it won't fall on one man's house alone : Bob Marley
If you are supporting evil, evil will not depart from you.
Hungry and poverty knows know tribe or religion. Ntoor
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by DrAkpamudehe: 2:57pm On Sep 16, 2022
Stupid Amoda Ogunlere

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by Oloripelebe: 2:57pm On Sep 16, 2022
Way to go,if you can not obey the stipulated rules,go back to your villagegrin

2 Likes

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by Kagd10: 2:57pm On Sep 16, 2022
Why did they abandon their cars on the road cheesy These are the people constituting road blocks..
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by goshen26: 2:57pm On Sep 16, 2022
As much as this is quite okay, my issue is, only the poor will get to that mobile court because the big boys would av called one oga to speak to the task force officer.

Another issue I'm having is the issue LASTMA telling u to pass a one way and still corner u in the front to arrest your vehicle.

Also, third issue is the issue of hidden indicator that shows that a way is one way, especially when you're not familiar with the place.

Of a truth that we don't like to obey rules in this part of the world. Those nations that are doing well pay the sacrifice by obeying the country's law.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by backnbeta(f): 2:58pm On Sep 16, 2022
I have no pity for those who drove against traffic...even if you are not caught, you are endangering the lives of other road users.

I have no pity for those who abandoned their cars- we must be ready to stand by our actions, apologize or serve our punishment when we break the laws of the land

LASG should ensure that road signs are strategically placed for motorists, especially for one-way roads.

Finally, I'm too scared to drive anywhere in Lagos state undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers Speaker, Ehie Edison, Escapes Assassination / Buhari’s Wife Relocates To Aso Rock Ahead Of Husband / Names Of The Justices Of The 2019 Presidential Election Petition(Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.