Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,704 members, 7,820,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat (27753 Views)

Auction Of 'Stolen' Nigerian Artifacts Goes Ahead In Paris / Wike Orders Auction Of Adamawa Trucks, Cattle For Breach Of PHC Lockdown / Lockdown: Wike Orders Auction Of Seized Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by Gaabasky: 3:36pm On Sep 16, 2022
Good for them. But don't be partial in your dealing with offenders
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by sweetman2022: 3:39pm On Sep 16, 2022
They should make sure they continue this act continuously so that we can have more sane humans in Lagos. If you don't understand simple write up above, then you are a law breaker and will soon become a victim.
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by onyibest2k(m): 3:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
the law are for the poor last month a police vehicle running one way killed a dispatch rider and run away at island why didnt the law caught him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by Sleekfingers: 3:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
They should have just crush the vehicles and broadcast it on LTV, make e pain the owners.....
As e dey pain dem, e dey sweet me
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by statesman6: 3:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
LuxInnovation1:
HOW EASY IT IS TO PUT UP A FACT CHECK.

THE LAW IS MADE FOR MAN, NOT MAN FOR LAW. THE GOVERNMENT IS MEANT TO SERVE THE PEOPLE, NOT BECOME THEIR MASTERS

It is essentially saying that rules and regulations (laws) are put into place for man's benefit - to make our lives better, safer, healthier and, hopefully, happier.

When a rule surpasses it's intended benefit and begins to impinge or, in fact, restrict the person or citizen who it originally was set in place to help or safeguard, then it no longer is deemed to be a useful and just law.
So what's your point?
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by statesman6: 3:43pm On Sep 16, 2022
Petersamuel8:
a typical example of taking from Peter and giving to Paul, why not fine offenders?
Can you read?
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by Whobedatte(m): 3:44pm On Sep 16, 2022
Address pressing issues of no signage on one ways and your officers hiding under the tree to catch unsuspecting commuters sad

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by Sleekfingers: 3:47pm On Sep 16, 2022
jaxxy:
A state the 80% of the roads in the state are bad is auctioning peoples cars?? undecided undecided

No be by force to stay in lagos. Go back to your state or other state
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by 360Master: 4:01pm On Sep 16, 2022
[quote author=festacman post=116723440]No problems but LASG should erect traffic signs boldly and clearly all over Lagos. Replace them when some unscrupulous police officers deliberately remove them to extort from innocent citizens. The idea should be to achieve road safety rather than to punish.

I believe the ruthless auction at this critical political time is a bold move. I hope motorists would learn from it and drive properly against every temptations to break the traffic laws. Believe me, the temptation can be strong sometimes due various reasons such as time management issues, condition of vehicle, bad roads, etc[/quote

You are a BIG fool!!!

You prolly bought one of the stolen/auctioned vehicles, that is why you are typing rubbish. Where in the World would you make people pay a fine triple the minimum wage of the nation/state?

This same LSG that could not provide accessible roads nor get rid of the Agberos like you constituting nuisance daily in Lagos. Lagos state is a VERY useless and backward state and It will continue to maintain its meritorious position as the N0 1 worst city to live in the whole wide world…!!!

Making Draconian Laws to rip citizens of their hard earned properties. The law only applies to people who ain’t their friends, family members or girlfriends.

Glorified Slum!!!

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by jaxxy(m): 4:02pm On Sep 16, 2022
Sleekfingers:

No be by force to stay in lagos. Go back to your state or other state

Lagos is my state.
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by Preciousgift90: 4:03pm On Sep 16, 2022
Wicked souls and bloody liars, this Lagos task force goes from close to street confiscating people vehicles. 2019 I witnessed a scene where they came to a street and confiscated over 15 vehicles that where packed in a residential place, thank goodness the owner of those cars was influencial else it would have become a different story. The man got his cars released the next day but the ones that belong to Minors in that street close was not released for over a week.

They have caused more accident chasing bus drivers plying their normal route.

Lagos task force is terrific

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by nedekid: 4:03pm On Sep 16, 2022
festacman:
No problems but LASG should erect traffic signs boldly and clearly all over Lagos. Replace them when some unscrupulous police officers deliberately remove them to extort from innocent citizens. The idea should be to achieve road safety rather than to punish.

I believe the ruthless auction at this critical political time is a bold move. I hope motorists would learn from it and drive properly against every temptations to break the traffic laws. Believe me, the temptation can be strong sometimes due various reasons such as time management issues, condition of vehicle, bad roads, etc
Yes, but some people just drive anyhow just to show they are smart, wiser, faster than other road users. Like my paddy will boast of his driving calling it "sucide", driving. Not until the day he drove against traffic and they took his car. My gûy vertually before his korokoro eyes saw his car vanishing. He had to call one of our army General paddies that helped him plead. Despite that he still had to pay a handsome fine.
Baba almost saw his car seized.
Omo, that guy still does his suicide driving, but as per one way? Him go de shake for body.
Such moves will cause a shock and caution some drivers, but the stubborn ones will still continue and will have their vehicles auctioned.
My only sorry is for vehicle owners that send their drivers on errands with their cars.
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by CheapHomes1: 4:08pm On Sep 16, 2022
Petersamuel8:
a typical example of taking from Peter and giving to Paul, why not fine offenders?

You didn't even bother to read first
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by membranus: 4:17pm On Sep 16, 2022
Justice not tempered with mercy is an evil justice.

God does not support that.
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by 27Pushing30: 4:39pm On Sep 16, 2022
oluseyiforjesus:
It's not adviceable to buy an auction property in Nigeria. What if d own arrange boys for you, what if d owner send sango or amodioaha?
We have a common saying in Nigeria, "awof dey run belle......."
It's a good one anyway if we want Nigeria to be great..........
I'm looking for that "Arise news" guy jeep I no see am. Abi he has finally call the governor?
I come in peace.....

lol he sha paid his fine...

look except for driving one way your car cannot be forfeited ... only those who do not pay their fines within the stipulated period could face such.

The rufai guy as useless as he is only plied one way and the only fine is N70,000 ... luckily he got away with Obstructing an officer performing lawful duty... cos of connection. hypocrites everywhere really.
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by Wisefellow(m): 4:39pm On Sep 16, 2022
Unfortunately, the traffic laws are often disobeyed by law enforcement officers ( Lagos State Task Force, LASTMA, Army, Air-force, Navy, NCS, Immigration, NSCDC and NPS) ranging from driving against traffic( one-way), break traffic light rules, use of ricket and unworthy vehicles without trafficator lights on the road without being arrested because they are above the law!

What happens to supremacy of law? Are the rich and mighty not bound by the same laws? Does equality of laws and punishment applicable to all? The laws are created by people for all for a better society, however, it is skewed in favour of the rich and against the poor.

Fines, community service, seizure are amongst the penalities for traffic offenders. However, there are stages of applying the penalties. First time offenders can be fined while serial offenders can be penalized beyond fines. The last option ought to be vehicle forfeiture and auction.

Instead of starting from the cause-to-effect methodology of solving societal menace, the Lagos state government did not deem it fit to fix the bad roads causing traffic gridlocks, vehicle damages and increase in cost of maintenance. The traffic enforcement agents are quick to arrest civillians and not uniform men, the poor and not the rich who violate traffic laws by accident or deliberately. Accidentally, if your vehicle break down suddenly on the highways, LASTMA officials will arrest and charge you for traffic obstruction without considering the induvidual state of mind and effort. Quite unfair!

When government fails to deliver quality service and good governance to citizenries, what punishment is given to such government? When government decided to apply the laws skewedly, what happens to rule of equality? When enforcement officers lie against civilians in order to reap off, their words versus the other, what justification do they have to nail individuals?

Until the government, agencies and citizens are all ready to do what is right, societal vices shall be on the rise! Let government make laws without selfishness, shun corruption and mismanagement on all adminstrative and capital projects to be delivered, let the laws made be supreme and equal to all, justice and progress are adopted for better society, eduucation and continuous enlightenment of citizenry is a must and punishment of offenders without discrimination is paramount to a good governance.

Say No To Crimes and Traffic Disobidience!
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by festacman(m): 4:40pm On Sep 16, 2022
nedekid:

Yes, but some people just drive anyhow just to show they are smart, wiser, faster than other road users. Like my paddy will boast of his driving calling it "sucide", driving. Not until the day he drove against traffic and they took his car. My gûy vertually before his korokoro eyes saw his car vanishing. He had to call one of our army General paddies that helped him plead. Despite that he still had to pay a handsome fine.
Baba almost saw his car seized.
Omo, that guy still does his suicide driving, but as per one way? Him go de shake for body.
Such moves will cause a shock and caution some drivers, but the stubborn ones will still continue and will have their vehicles auctioned.
My only sorry is for vehicle owners that send their drivers on errands with their cars.

Captured it well.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by OvertheTop(m): 4:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
festacman:
No problems but LASG should erect traffic signs boldly and clearly all over Lagos. Replace them when some unscrupulous police officers deliberately remove them to extort from innocent citizens. The idea should be to achieve road safety rather than to punish.

I believe the ruthless auction at this critical political time is a bold move. I hope motorists would learn from it and drive properly against every temptations to break the traffic laws. Believe me, the temptation can be strong sometimes due various reasons such as time management issues, condition of vehicle, bad roads, etc

PUT this on Twitter...immediately!!
so True
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by supereagle(m): 4:53pm On Sep 16, 2022
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by tayo4ng(m): 5:01pm On Sep 16, 2022
I can't fine any SUV there. Law are made for the poor in this country
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by Sleekfingers: 5:04pm On Sep 16, 2022
jaxxy:

Lagos is my state.

Okay. There are other opportunities out there
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 16, 2022
People did not abandon their vehicles, the fines were too steep, you don't auction people's vehicles, it's theft, anybody buying those vehicles is buying stolen property, even if a govt is selling it to you

The thieves who are auctioning these cars won't defend you in court.

As if their children and relatives who drive recklessly ever get their vehicles impounded.
Use your brains guys.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by lastchild: 5:55pm On Sep 16, 2022
The problem i have with Nigerian law is that it's not for everybody. For example, if someone like "Bola Ahmed Tinubu" broke this said law, would his vehicle be confiscated by the government?
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by highbee02: 7:02pm On Sep 16, 2022
goshen26:

Lol

Go steal am

grin
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by Ashez: 7:34pm On Sep 16, 2022
SultanOfPuna:
Buy 2 cars for 450,000 each
Sell am for 1.8 million each
I will get 4 million.

Na to Enter Lagos, Business don set
Smart move
Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by praz001(m): 9:53pm On Sep 16, 2022
lastchild:
The problem i have with Nigerian law is that it's not for everybody. For example, if someone like "Bola Ahmed Tinubu" broke this said law, would his vehicle be confiscated by the government?

Although it is bad to drive against traffic, I'd only believe their selective rules when they start arresting and auctioning police and soldiers vehicles driving against traffic or committing other traffic offence.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Lagos State Auction Of Vehicles By Jubril Gawat by HomoDroid(m): 6:56am On Sep 17, 2022
OSUigboFlatHead:
I love what Lagos government did.

Law and order MUST BE KEPT!

I lost an uncle to hit-and-run one-way driver last year. He was in his 80s but it was still very painful. Wherever the killer is, may hardship and calamity befall him or her and his or her entire family members.

Sis, take it easy with the curses o! That's how Satan sets us up against one another!
What if the accident was the result of a previous curse like this?
What if one of the entire family members is your bossom friend, husband, fiance, or your God-ordained benefactor?
What if that curse (God-forbid) turns around to affect you directly in the future?
There is a reason why the good Lord advised us not to repay evil with evil! Obviously the person didn't kill your uncle for any gain or deliberately!
Every man must die eventually and the loved ones must necessarily feel the pain of the passage, but you will feel better if you can use the opportunity to earn one token point of forgiveness with The Creator!
May God heal your pains permanently and raise another beloved Uncle for you! Cheer up Sis, live is a continuum!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oseloka H. Obaze: Peter Obi Will No Longer Participate In Mixed Debates / Photos From A Foiled Suicide Bomb Attack At University Of Maiduguri Today / Atiku: Buhari Planning To Jail Me In Phantom Coup Plot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.