Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN (450 Views)

Peter Obi Live Interview On CNN (Video link and Picture) / Peter Obi's Interview With Aledeh On Classic 97.3 FM / Hushpuppi: Abba Kyari's Story On CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 17, 2022
Reactions have trailed the interview of the Labour Party’s Presidential Candidate, Mr Peter Obi, held Friday night on the Cable News Network. Nigerians on social media have had a lot to say about the interview.

The interview which was scheduled to hold earlier in September was moved twice and speculations about whether it would ever hold again filled the social media space. It was however, announced on the CNN’s Zain Asher’s Twitter handle that the interview would hold at 5pm on Friday.

Since the interview aired, the Nigerian social media space has been blowing up with so many reactions. From Twitter, @promyxx1 said, “This is not the kind of politics Atiku and Tinubu are used too…Peter Obi ‘don dey carry them go where dem no know.’ ”

@AdaAwgbu_ said, “Peter Obi in the last three months, has given Nigeria more public image boost than all our Ministers of Information and Foreign Affairs put together have done in the last ten years.”

@UzoanyaP said, “The best time to be called a Nigerian was in 1960. Another best time is now! Peter Obi has filled up my pot of hope for a better Nigeria. #PeterObionCNN.”

Some other tweeps had something different to say, “Zain Asher Ejiofor is an Igbo girl, Enugu State precisely. You don’t expect a fair interview from someone with an interest.” @ennyola0015 said.

@DanielRegha also stated that, “Peter Obi did not state how he intends to fix Nigeria, all he said are already known and has been said by candidates before him. Giving speeches is on thing, but taking action is another. Furthermore, his performance as a governor in Anambra is greatly overrated. No offense.

https://punchng.com/mixed-reactions-trail-peter-obis-interview-on-cnn/
Re: Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN by Anigreat: 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2022
shocked

All are positive and sound reaction because the incoming interview was top notch. He speaks so well and with so much confidence...The only people that may fault him are inconsequential idiotic agbadorians. Instead of these fools to be worried about their principal Yekini Amoda who's running away from interview even from local televisions, they'll rather fault PO for doing what their dullarrd principal cannot do in even in a million life to come.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN by heniford2: 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2022
Hmm obi
Re: Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN by Totilopussylick(m): 1:47pm On Sep 17, 2022
Re: Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN by Massiveglory: 1:49pm On Sep 17, 2022
The way things are going, apc and pdp will merge to fight peter obi and datti ahmed.
The love for peter obi and datti ahmed can send any opposition candidate into coma.

2 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN by Edopesin: 1:52pm On Sep 17, 2022
My president
They never saw it coming, he is the man to beat.

Imagine CNN interviewing Tinubu

Reporter: how do you intend to fix the raging inflation in the country

Tinubu: BY PRINTING MORE MONEY

God abeg

2 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN by socialmediaman: 1:53pm On Sep 17, 2022
Keep the attacks coming against Peter Obi! Corruption is really fighting hard but Nigerians are opening their eyes and hopefully by 2023, the message would’ve spread deep inside the core northern region

1 Like

Re: Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN by Vulturereloaded: 1:53pm On Sep 17, 2022
Cutting cost of governance, tackling security, drawing people out of poverty. You expect him to say he will make 1 naira = $1 dollar. Or promise 3 million jobs a year.

I guess u wanted something like this.

1 Like

Re: Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN by ecolime(m): 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2022
Peter Obi 2023.

The man giving parties with "Structures" sleepless nights.

Re: Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 17, 2022
Our president

1 Like

Re: Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN by festacman(m): 2:02pm On Sep 17, 2022
So far no candidate has shown clearly the idea policies and reforms to fix Nigeria.

Peter Obi is no doubt a breath of fresh air but there is need to show a document that details and outlines clearly and in detail his plan to solve Nigeria's critical problems. Truth is anybody with the gift of gab can grant interviews and give great speeches but those rarely solve problems. Well thought-out solutions do.

Somebody would say that campaign hasn't started which is true but as rallies are held, candidates can as well as give snippet of their policy proposals and solution ideas.
Re: Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN by SmartPolician: 2:07pm On Sep 17, 2022
I noticed that Peter Obi wasn't flowing freely like he used to. He was being very careful with his choice of words - probably because he understands that he is speaking to the global audience.

I won't beg people to beg for Peter Obi. The only thing I know is that when the sufferings and insecurity come, nobody will be exonerated.
Re: Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN by APCnaPDP: 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2022
I know Obidients will insult me but I took my time to watch the interview but I was grossly disappointed. He was empty, nil solutions and was only talking about our problems. Even a 12-year old knows Nigeria’s problem. We need a president that can actually tell us how he wants to solve the problems and not just talking for the sake of it.

He has to go back to the drawing board, consult PR experts and actually spend money so he can stop sounding unintelligent.
Re: Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN by ObituaryYebo: 2:11pm On Sep 17, 2022
Labour in vain Pandora Bitter Obituary never mention about his achievement as governor nor state solution to Nigeria problems .

Just keep ranting about Nigeria problems up and down.

Pandora Obituary should stop listening to mad man as his adviser

Re: Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN by kk2027: 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2022
APCnaPDP:
I know Obidients will insult me but I took my time to watch the interview but I was grossly disappointed. He was empty, nil solutions and was only talking about our problems. Even a 12-year old knows Nigeria’s problem. We need a president that can actually tell us how he wants to solve the problems and not just talking for the sake of it.

He has to go back to the drawing board, consult PR experts and actually spend money so he can stop sounding unintelligent.

When will emilokan grant a interview even if na NTA

2 Likes

Re: Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN by kk2027: 2:16pm On Sep 17, 2022
APCnaPDP:

We'll take you seriously anyday we see your candidate address Nigerians

Candidate we can't see or hear during election, is it after election we'll now see him

Vote wisely guys
Re: Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN by flamingREED(m): 2:16pm On Sep 17, 2022
APCnaPDP:

Uh uh'!
You're the one sounding unintelligent o.
You don't sound smart at all!
Re: Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN by RZArecta(m): 2:17pm On Sep 17, 2022
Agbado îmbeciles are making fun of Peter Obi's appearance on CNN. I can vouch for Atiku and even a stone appearing on that channel but you see Tinubu grin walahi talahi, that one will not dare try going for any such interview like that. Is it someone who is dodging his own TVC or the controlled Channels that will bother with CNN ? What will he say when asked about the Alpha Beta scam or his $460k drugs forfeiture in America ? Definitely AGBADOOOOOO and Amanpour will ask "shey werey let leyi ? " With a bewildered smirk on her face
Re: Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN by Racoon(m): 2:21pm On Sep 17, 2022
Generally, we'll discerning people will agree that Peter Obi response to the questions asked were free flowing
clear and implementable. Let's Tinubu and Atiku also be invited for the same CNN interview and the equation be balanced.
Re: Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN by APCnaPDP: 2:23pm On Sep 17, 2022
kk2027:

We'll take you seriously anyday we see your candidate address Nigerians

Candidate we can't see or hear during election, is it after election we'll now see him

Vote wisely guys

My candidate has had interviews and has spoken in practical terms how he intends to fix Nigeria. I am waiting for Obi to tell me how he intends to fix our country.
Re: Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN by Betanaija42moro: 2:36pm On Sep 17, 2022
Lol,

“This is not the kind of politics Atiku and Tinubu are used too…Peter Obi ‘don dey carry them go where dem no know.’ ”
Re: Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN by Abdu81: 2:45pm On Sep 17, 2022
SmartPolician:
I noticed that Peter Obi wasn't flowing freely like he used to. He was being very careful with his choice of words - probably because he understands that he is speaking to the global audience.

I won't beg people to beg for Peter Obi. The only thing I know is that when the sufferings and insecurity come, nobody will be exonerated.

I made the same observations, obi was very careful with words, the audience are global viewers.
Re: Mixed Reactions Trail Peter Obi’s Interview On CNN by TheNiceGuy(m): 2:54pm On Sep 17, 2022
Obi has nothing upstairs

(1) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Ayu Never Promised To Resign, Reno Omokri Tackles Wike / Obi Mastered Fake Smile. Only Fake People Do That / ARCON Sues Facebook, Seeks 30bn Penalty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.