Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,666 members, 7,820,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua (1000 Views)

Peter Obi Live Interview On CNN (Video link and Picture) / Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate / Kassim Afegbua Declares Support For APC, Ize-Iyamu In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by bennybuhari: 6:29pm On Sep 17, 2022
A former Commissioner for Information in Edo state, Prince Kassim Afegbua on Saturday said Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has the best qualities to lead Nigeria among all the candidates that have shown interest in the 2023 general elections.

Addressing some cross section of Nigerians in London, United Kingdom (UK), Afegbua said he is in the country to "promote the candidacy of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, who in my estimation fits into the bill of 2023 presidency than any other candidate".

While admitting that the 2023 presidential election is a three-horse race, Afegbua said Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has through his actions show that he is not interested in the unity of Nigeria by seeking to become president after President Muhammadu Buhari, another Northerner is completing eight years in office.

" Nigeria needs Asiwaju Bola Tinubu to lead this country from May 29 2023 because he is the best among those who have so far shown interest and i say this with all sense of responsibility and experience in political management, in my advocacy experience and my understanding of the intricate logic of the Nigerian Federation".

"I have continued to say it relentlessly that under a plural society that Nigeria is, with our diversities, it is a requirement for you to balance all the algorithms of power between the Northern and Southern protectorate, tracing our history from 1914 till date".

"So if a President Buhari is finishing eight years as a president of Nigeria of Northern extraction, the law of natural justice prescribes that it should be the turn of the Southern protectorate. Except you want to hurt the unity of Nigeria or you want to further deepen the crisis, that is when you begin to canvass for another Northerner succeeding Buhari".

"We don't need to beggar the issue. We need to state it as succinctly as it should be that Nigeria is a heterogeneous country that is sitting on a tripod. If the tripod is not working as a function of the disparities, at least the North and South must work".

"Of course, you are all aware that I have left the PDP formally as a result of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar's emergence against the run of play at the PDP convention. I am supporting Asiwaju Tinubu’s aspiration by my own estimation that he has better qualities and better understanding of the dominant issues in the country with a view to uniting us than a Peter Obi or Atiku Abubakar".

"They call Atiku a unifier but I am not sure he has been able to unify his home. So, all of that rhetorics can't sit well with me based on my understanding of Nigerian political dynamics".

Speaking about Peter Obi, the Labour Party presidential candidate, Afegbua said Obi will divide PDP's votes in the South East but will find it difficult to get votes in some key Northern states.

"Take a Peter Obi for example. He is the rave of the moment youths are following him and all of that. Truth is, he can't break into the political structures of some dominant states in the North. He may be popular in the South, particularly in the South East but he won't be able to muster the required votes that will get him the presidency. At any rate, I haven't seen any of the qualities that are being touted about him across board".

"I watched his interview on CNN. It was very drab, bland, no depth. I say this with all sense of responsibility, as a presidential candidate, you can't be telling me you are coming to solve Nigeria's security problems. No! You should be telling me what you intend to do to solve the problem not by making general statements that can be said by even a kindergarten pupil" .

https://independent.ng/2023-afegbua-meets-nigerians-in-diaspora-drums-support-for-tinubus-presidential-bid/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by LoneWolf212: 6:30pm On Sep 17, 2022
Simple, make Jagaban do him own interview

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by God1000(m): 6:30pm On Sep 17, 2022
Tinubu doesn't have what it takes to govern a country like Nigeria, the reason he's running away from public discourse and media interviews.

He should come out and tell us his vision, manifestos and blueprints

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by WibusJaga: 6:30pm On Sep 17, 2022

These wicked people are just deceiving the expired sick old bat, just to collect their own share from his bullion van loot.

Someone abeg wake me up if &when the expired sick old bat grants a live interview, even if na TVC or NTA. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by kingsways: 6:31pm On Sep 17, 2022
Ok

Standing by for Tinubu to go grant a deep interview

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by Nyamuri: 6:31pm On Sep 17, 2022
Lamba

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by oyin44: 6:31pm On Sep 17, 2022
The dullness of obi is too much ..to be sincere

Tinubu is indeed the best for now.. abeg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by Pwettylinda(f): 6:31pm On Sep 17, 2022
Tinubu should be arrested and jailed

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by Totilopussylick(m): 6:33pm On Sep 17, 2022
kingsways:
Ok

Standing by for Tinubu to go grant a deep interview

Pampers dealers go sell well that day
Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by gaby(m): 6:33pm On Sep 17, 2022
This partyless one don dey use style campaign for job like FFK make dem hire am to dey write depth...
Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:34pm On Sep 17, 2022
We can't all be braindead like zombidiots

"I watched his interview on CNN. It was very drab, bland, no depth. I say this with all sense of responsibility, as a presidential candidate, you can't be telling me you are coming to solve Nigeria's security problems. No! You should be telling me what you intend to do to solve the problem not by making general statements that can be said by even a kindergarten pupil"

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 17, 2022
At least he tried!
Tinubu can never do that
Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 17, 2022
Cool
Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by Olojuobinrin(m): 6:38pm On Sep 17, 2022
Paying a lot for an interview doesn’t guarantee you a win actually, it’s all publicity , If you’re in the entertainment world you will definitely understand.

Meanwhile, I think some obidient folks let their messiah down here grin

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by sanpipita(m): 6:38pm On Sep 17, 2022
Candidates they are supporting are hiding but they want to convince Nigerians, people who hide are better than Peter Obi, I prefer a president who isn't afraid of media more than anything else

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by Laggafin: 6:39pm On Sep 17, 2022
Wetun concern all this parrots .. make Peter Obi matter no kill them before elections oo..cuz we. Need their candidates to contest ..so that dem go kollect jaded wotowoto together in severe painzz grin
Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by Yoruba1stson: 6:41pm On Sep 17, 2022
Imagine having an idiot and braindead bastard like obingo as president, that will be the worst thing to happen to thiis country but sha i have a good news for you Nigerians, Piter Obidient can only be president of biafra land, he can only rule over his fellow akpu munching ap*s.... Mind you, i'm 100% BATified and jagaban is your next president if u like am or not

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by Okwyjesus(m): 6:44pm On Sep 17, 2022
God1000:
Tinubu doesn't have what it takes to govern a country like Nigeria, the reason he's running away from public discourse and media interviews.

He should come out and tell us his vision, manifestos and blueprints

His confidence is to rig with the criminal structure.

If not who will be talking of Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by Okoroawusa: 6:50pm On Sep 17, 2022
Well Kassim, you are truly a progressive. I wonder why my people didn't call PDP out for not giving an Igbo man its presidential candidate ticket after more than two decades of servitude.

Welcome home, Kassim

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by hisexcellency34: 7:09pm On Sep 17, 2022
Obi should not reveal how he will fight insecurity. They will steal the idea
Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by M4A1carbine: 7:12pm On Sep 17, 2022
They have recruited another zombie...

The resources used in recruiting these zombies is legendary.

But unknown to them...AS E DEY PAIN DEM..E DEY SWEET US!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by toneroforever(m): 7:12pm On Sep 17, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
We can't all be braindead like zombidiots

"I watched his interview on CNN. It was very drab, bland, no depth. I say this with all sense of responsibility, as a presidential candidate, you can't be telling me you are coming to solve Nigeria's security problems. No! You should be telling me what you intend to do to solve the problem not by making general statements that can be said by even a kindergarten pupil"

Hypocrisy exposed:
Same Afegbua that campaigned vigorously for the PDP's Atiku vs Buhari in 2019. Now he has pitched his tent with BAT. That alone defines him as an "anywhere belle face" man

Tinubu's solution to our insecurity which is to recruit 50 million youths into the army and feed them with agbado & cassava sat well with you,abi?
No need to make much noise sir,u r there for the money just like the political elite & majority of the urchins supporting him. Good thing is there's more than enough cash in the bullion vans to go round.
[b]Tinubu is not a threat, [/b]the movement has swept across the entire SS,SE & parts of NC. Many SWesterners,Northern christains & detribalised muslims r OBIdient.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by hisexcellency34: 7:16pm On Sep 17, 2022
Why?
Pwettylinda:
Tinubu should be arrested and jailed
Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by seunmsg(m): 7:20pm On Sep 17, 2022

"I watched his interview on CNN. It was very drab, bland, no depth. I say this with all sense of responsibility, as a presidential candidate, you can't be telling me you are coming to solve Nigeria's security problems. No! You should be telling me what you intend to do to solve the problem not by making general statements that can be said by even a kindergarten pupil" .

A kindergarten pupil would have even performed better.

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by Pwettylinda(f): 7:28pm On Sep 17, 2022
hisexcellency34:
Why?

If you don't know why, then you should be rushed fast to a psychiatrist hospital for urgent check up
Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by GodsOwnMan: 7:31pm On Sep 17, 2022
Obituary has a stupid face which ALWAYS expose his stupid brain. How can he be stupid and ALSO look stupid. He makes GEJ seem like a fvcking genius.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by SILVERLINES: 7:32pm On Sep 17, 2022
wink

E pain am

Baba no wan say the truth

Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by GodsOwnMan: 7:37pm On Sep 17, 2022
toneroforever:
Hypocrisy exposed:
Same Afegbua that campaigned vigorously for the PDP's Atiku vs Buhari in 2019. Now he has pitched his tent with BAT. That alone defines him as an "anywhere belle face" man

And why is Obituary campaigning against Atiku? Was Pandora not Atiku's VP just about 3 years ago? Now, that is the REAL definition of Hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by ebufa: 7:40pm On Sep 17, 2022
bennybuhari:
A former Commissioner for Information in Edo state, Prince Kassim Afegbua on Saturday said Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has the best qualities to lead Nigeria among all the candidates that have shown interest in the 2023 general elections.

Addressing some cross section of Nigerians in London, United Kingdom (UK), Afegbua said he is in the country to "promote the candidacy of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, who in my estimation fits into the bill of 2023 presidency than any other candidate".

While admitting that the 2023 presidential election is a three-horse race, Afegbua said Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has through his actions show that he is not interested in the unity of Nigeria by seeking to become president after President Muhammadu Buhari, another Northerner is completing eight years in office.

intricate logic of the Nigerian Federation".

"I have continued to say it relentlessly that under a plural society that Nigeria is, with our diversities, it is a requirement for you to balance all
" Nigeria needs Asiwaju Bola Tinubu to lead this country from May 29 2023 because he is the best among those who have so far shown interest and i say this with all sense of responsibility and experience in political management, in my advocacy experience and my understanding of the the algorithms of power between the Northern and Southern protectorate, tracing our history from 1914 till date".

"So if a President Buhari is finishing eight years as a president of Nigeria of Northern extraction, the law of natural justice prescribes that it should be the turn of the Southern protectorate. Except you want to hurt the unity of Nigeria or you want to further deepen the crisis, that is when you begin to canvass for another Northerner succeeding Buhari".

"We don't need to beggar the issue. We need to state it as succinctly as it should be that Nigeria is a heterogeneous country that is sitting on a tripod. If the tripod is not working as a function of the disparities, at least the North and South must work".

"Of course, you are all aware that I have left the PDP formally as a result of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar's emergence against the run of play at the PDP convention. I am supporting Asiwaju Tinubu’s aspiration by my own estimation that he has better qualities and better understanding of the dominant issues in the country with a view to uniting us than a Peter Obi or Atiku Abubakar".

"They call Atiku a unifier but I am not sure he has been able to unify his home. So, all of that rhetorics can't sit well with me based on my understanding of Nigerian political dynamics".

Speaking about Peter Obi, the Labour Party presidential candidate, Afegbua said Obi will divide PDP's votes in the South East but will find it difficult to get votes in some key Northern states.

"Take a Peter Obi for example. He is the rave of the moment youths are following him and all of that. Truth is, he can't break into the political structures of some dominant states in the North. He may be popular in the South, particularly in the South East but he won't be able to muster the required votes that will get him the presidency. At any rate, I haven't seen any of the qualities that are being touted about him across board".

https://independent.ng/2023-afegbua-meets-nigerians-in-diaspora-drums-support-for-tinubus-presidential-bid/

What is this perpetual ass licker yapping about,you want him to give you depth in a less than 30 minutes interview....depth that buhari and pdp has not been able to achieve in 23 years of civil rule..............Obi is miles better than the other 2 major candidates.....he is certainly ready to put in the work.I believe the human and material resources the national stage will avail him ,will make him a far better administrator than he was while he was in Anambra as governor.....Nigerians are about to find out that Nigeria is indeed a wealthy nation!
Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by hisexcellency34: 7:42pm On Sep 17, 2022
Let them arrest your father first
Pwettylinda:

If you don't know why, then you should be rushed fast to a psychiatrist hospital for urgent check up
Re: Peter Obi's Interview On CNN Jaded, Has No Depth - Kassim Afegbua by Spandau: 8:24pm On Sep 17, 2022
seunmsg:

A kindergarten pupil would have even performed better.

Kadoso Mutairu!

I was initially afraid you had declined again. Pele. Ọmọ baba Emile O'Corn fún rara re.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Allowed PDP’s Propaganda Bury His Government's Achievements - Tinubu / See Beautiful Pictures As Tinubu Arrives Kaduna Ahead Of APC Rally(photos) / #atikuorganizingforaction Nigeria Must Know That Atiku Abubakar Remains The Bri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.