Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,091 members, 7,814,794 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . (2881 Views)

Senators Trade Words Over ₦‎29 Trillion Ways And Means Funds / CBN Will No Longer Give Ways And Means To FG Until Payment Of Outstanding Debt / Go To Court Is A Metaphor That Symbolises Impunity - Kola Ologbondiyan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . by FakeIgboJew: 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2022
tamdun:

So what's the meaning

Hie is a liar like his father the devil ..

Nwosu means dedicated to the gods which means a future human sacrifice

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . by FakeIgboJew: 4:28pm On Sep 18, 2022
Kingozymandias:

Rule 2
Rule 19 violated

This FakeIgboJew is the same person using JewsAreSatanic

Using alternate accounts

Seun Mynd4 lalasticlalà mukiŋa2 rocktatioŋ justwisè óam4j nlfpmoɗ

Death to all real OSU heathens claiming Jews and pushing their yamri last hope

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . by ImperialYoruba: 4:40pm On Sep 18, 2022
There are four castes in iboland.

Osu
Ohu
Ume
Nwadiala.

Nwadiala caste is the freeborn yanminri. The others are inferior castes.

4 Likes

Re: What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . by ImperialYoruba: 4:41pm On Sep 18, 2022
FakeIgboJew:

Yoruba president will help free the osu. Osus must vote Tinubu.

3 Likes

Re: What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . by PeterObi4LP: 4:47pm On Sep 18, 2022
FakeIgboJew:
Nwosu :

Belonging to the Osu caste.

Same applies to Osuji and Nweke.

So from henceforth when you meet a Nwosu in real life, have pity for him or her because they are sacrifices in the making.

This is why one Nwosu is on my neck here for calling him a Nwosu

Kingozymandias I lie?

Is this why you are reporting my post where I refer to you as Mr Nwosu.
grin

Rule 15
Rule 19 violated

1 Like

Re: What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . by spearman(m): 4:49pm On Sep 18, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Nwosu means that his forebears were casted into the evil forest and mated with cannibals and wild animals to reproduce.
But that is every Ibo person!!!
Re: What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . by Kingozymandias(m): 4:52pm On Sep 18, 2022
FakeIgboJew:

Rule 2
Rule 15
Rule 19 violated

This FakeIgboJew is the same person using JewsAreSatanic

Using alternate accounts

Seun Mynd44 Lalasticlala mukina2 rocktation justwise oam4j nlfpmoɗ
Re: What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . by FakeIgboJew: 4:56pm On Sep 18, 2022
PeterObi4LP:

Rule 15
Rule 19 violated

Sharap .

I lie?

Is nwosu not an OSU name?

1 Like

Re: What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . by FakeIgboJew: 5:09pm On Sep 18, 2022
To show how Nwosus are the best Igbo has to offer , here is just a list

Humphrey Nwosu, National Electoral Commissioner who conducted the freesr and best ekectins in Nigeria that saw to MKO winning.

A Judas Igbo cretin by the name Arthur Nzeribe usurped that great national excersice

Re: What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . by FakeIgboJew: 5:18pm On Sep 18, 2022
Henry Nwosu ace super eagles full back defender.

Nothing dey pass this rock.

1994 Nations cup winner with Nigeria being the team to concede the least goals. He will later represent Nigeria in the World Cup.

Heathen Igbos killed him in far away US and staged it a suicide.

May his gentle giant soul rest in peace

Re: What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . by 579haamid: 5:48pm On Sep 18, 2022
oam4j nlfpmodRule 2 and 3 oam4j nlfpmodRule 2 and 3...
Re: What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . by FakeIgboJew: 5:51pm On Sep 18, 2022
579haamid:
oam4j nlfpmodRule 2 and 3 oam4j nlfpmodRule 2 and 3...

Cry more
Re: What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . by Kingozymandias(m): 6:17pm On Sep 18, 2022
FakeIgboJew:

Speak English you savage beast of the east

Rule 2

Re: What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . by Conrod: 6:24pm On Sep 18, 2022
FakeIgboJew:

Speak English you savage beast of the east
Udene g'eri ozu gi, ezi bida.

1 Like

Re: What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . by FakeIgboJew: 6:54pm On Sep 18, 2022
Conrod:
Udene g'eri ozu gi, ezi bida.

Lizard
Re: What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . by Kingozymandias(m): 7:57pm On Sep 18, 2022
FakeIgboJew:

Lizard

Rule 2

Re: What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . by FakeIgboJew: 8:20pm On Sep 18, 2022
Kingozymandias:

Rule 2

Igbo
Re: What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . by FakeIgboJew: 9:39pm On Sep 18, 2022
Kingozymandias:

Rule 2

I still dey kpamke
Re: What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . by 9jalyte: 1:38am On Sep 19, 2022
FakeIgboJew:

You lie.

The OSU caste system was a condemned caste of people who committed grave sacrilege who had three choices to choose from:

1. Death

2. Banishment , which would have seen to loss of clan protection and thus enslavement

3. Forced into the caste system from where future generations will be used for human sacrifices whenever the gods demand blood.

If the system is as noble as you paint it why were there legislative attempt in the old eastern region to ban the practice and fine anyone who discriminates or labels someone an OSU?

Why also are members of this caste treated as untouchables not to be married into or to hold any position of reverence within Igbo society ?

In 2017 an abolition ceremony was performed in the Igbo birth place of NRI, Anambra to officially cancel this caste system.
A similar ceremony was performed in Nnsuka in 2021. If this system is one of honour as you claim , why go through such cleansing rituals to put an end to it?

Those who fall into the discriminated caste will be the ones in uproar if any attempts were made to abolish it but no such thing transpired.

Stop trying to turn night into day with your blatant lies and whitewashing of a very barbaric and savage self discriminatory heathen practice.

The more you guys lie on such obvious cultural facts the more it is harder to believe anything that comes out of your mouths

Well, you can believe what you want. Infact, I am not surprised, like I said earlier, the narrative and literature about Osu that shaped the thinking of many people about Osu were those written by people who were out to destroy indigenous spiritualities. The same people who wrote the story of River Niger and taught it to people that have fished on the River decades before their arrival.

But there is a point where common sense, for those that have it, will intervene. Ok, if you think individual were made Osu as punishment, and so they were banished. What then do you say about communities that become Osu communities. Did they banish themselves. Secondly, in Igbo spirituality, how possible do you think a people with submit a criminal or someone with guilt to serve in the Court of their sacred being. Just go and study how serious issue of purity and uprightness was in thing of spirituality among the Igbos.

Truth is that the true story of Osu was never told because the West dominated the intellectual space and shaped the narrative to suit their mission. You are right to say that the Osu were the first converts of the missionaries. Yes, because they made them see it as a bondage as they could not do some things in the communities with every other person.

Indeed, Achebe may have written in his novel that they were hated, it didn't mean they were criminals. Afterall, today, many people hate some pastors and some priest. it may be reported in 100 years time that Pastors and priest were hated, will that mean that they are criminals. look at the context well. Some narrative had it that a generation of Osu people used the "sacred cow" advantage to maltreat people. Eg, they can delibrately claim you offended them or injured them to make you commit to a sacrifice.

Try and study deeper, you will be glad you did.
Re: What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . by FakeIgboJew: 8:33am On Sep 19, 2022
9jalyte:

Well, you can believe what you want. Infact, I am not surprised, like I said earlier, the narrative and literature about Osu that shaped the thinking of many people about Osu were those written by people who were out to destroy indigenous spiritualities. The same people who wrote the story of River Niger and taught it to people that have fished on the River decades before their arrival.

But there is a point where common sense, for those that have it, will intervene. Ok, if you think individual were made Osu as punishment, and so they were banished. What then do you say about communities that become Osu communities. Did they banish themselves. Secondly, in Igbo spirituality, how possible do you think a people with submit a criminal or someone with guilt to serve in the Court of their sacred being. Just go and study how serious issue of purity and uprightness was in thing of spirituality among the Igbos.

Truth is that the true story of Osu was never told because the West dominated the intellectual space and shaped the narrative to suit their mission. You are right to say that the Osu were the first converts of the missionaries. Yes, because they made them see it as a bondage as they could not do some things in the communities with every other person.

Indeed, Achebe may have written in his novel that they were hated, it didn't mean they were criminals. Afterall, today, many people hate some pastors and some priest. it may be reported in 100 years time that Pastors and priest were hated, will that mean that they are criminals. look at the context well. Some narrative had it that a generation of Osu people used the "sacred cow" advantage to maltreat people. Eg, they can delibrately claim you offended them or injured them to make you commit to a sacrifice.

Try and study deeper, you will be glad you did.

You just wrote a lot of nonsense without addressing the points I made as to why those who were under the OSU caste system were not protected or special people but rather condemned to a future execution in a ritual murder

I will ask again and hopefully you won't deviate to your usual lies.

1. Were the Osus not considered the lowest caste in Igbo land that saw to them as slaves?

2. Were these unfortunate people not dedicated to a deity for the specific purpose of being used in diabolical heathen human sacrifices ?

3. Were the Osus not the bulk of Igbo slaves sold during the over 400yr Jewish dominated Atlantic slave trade?

4. Were the Osus,whom you falsely claimed to be of the priestly class akin to that of Buddhist monks or the Levi tribe of Israel not the first people to convert en mass to Christianity ?

5. Continuing from 4 above, isn't it contradictory that the supposed custodians of Igbo religious life were the first to abandon the religion of their forebears for that of a stranger from a distant land?

6. If you still insist that the Osus had a special elevated position in Igbo society, why then was marriage to one violently rejected by the greater Igbo society ?

You should answer these my points instead of the mouth salad presentation you made.
Re: What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . by FakeIgboJew: 8:35am On Sep 19, 2022
Kingozymandias:

Rule 2

Good morning grin
Re: What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . by 9jalyte: 8:44am On Sep 19, 2022
FakeIgboJew:

You just wrote a lot of nonsense without addressing the points I made as to why those who were under the OSU caste system were not protected or special people but rather condemned to a future execution in a ritual murder

I will ask again and hopefully you won't deviate to your usual lies.

1. Were the Osus not considered the lowest caste in Igbo land that saw to them as slaves?

2. Were these unfortunate people not dedicated to a deity for the specific purpose of being used in diabolical heathen human sacrifices ?

3. Were the Osus not the bulk of Igbo slaves sold during the over 400yr Jewish dominated Atlantic slave trade?

4. Were the Osus,whom you falsely claimed to be of the priestly class akin to that of Buddhist monks or the Levi tribe of Israel not the first people to convert en mass to Christianity ?

5. Continuing from 4 above, isn't it contradictory that the supposed custodians of Igbo religious life were the first to abandon the religion of their forebears for that of a stranger from a distant land?

6. If you still insist that the Osus had a special elevated position in Igbo society, why then was marriage to one violently rejected by the greater Igbo society ?

You should answer these my points instead of the mouth salad presentation you made.

Ok, I have exhausted my patience with you. Apparently, you are the type that has this face-me-I face you wiring, ever ready for conflict. Believe what ever you like, it's your choice and you can as well drown in your ignorance.
Re: What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . by FakeIgboJew: 8:58am On Sep 19, 2022
9jalyte:

Ok, I have exhausted my patience with you. Apparently, you are the type that has this face-me-I face you wiring, ever ready for conflict. Believe what ever you like, it's your choice and you can as well drown in your ignorance.

I will take this your response as conceding to my points .

The Osus were never a protected people but the lowest of the low who existed primary to be used in human sacrifices to the ever blood lusting Igbo heathen deities.
Re: What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . by Edoconfussion: 6:51am On Nov 23, 2022
Oshu is one of the highest title in igboland, Oshu name originated when ibo were colonized by the ancient Egyptian and Ume fought the Portuguese and the Edo people against slavery and human sacrifices performed on Ibos in late 1400ad up to the arrival of British in late 1800ad, a slave or an outcast is in each individual Ibo villages and their name is not Oshu, some of them are even Named ezeagu.
Do you know that it’s Some Edo people writing this lies on nairaland to cause division among the Ibo people? And some Ibo people have forgotten their origin
Re: What The Igbo Name "Nwosu" Symbolises And Means . by ShinnBet: 8:39am On Dec 22, 2022
christistruth01:
Not all Nwosu and Osuji are OSU

After observing IPOB tactics for long I have Come to the Conclusion that it must have been those of Virtue ,honest and Noble Characters that were hatefully labeled as OSU in order to ostracize them and their healthy influence from Society just as the same were labeled as Saboteurs by Ojukwu and also by IPOB Today

You are on to something here and I can't but help to agree with you given that Igbo society has always been a violent and barbaric one where those with a conscience that refuse to follow the path of human sacrifices and cannibalism would be seen as outcasts.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Expect Northerners To Vote In February / What Would You Do? If You Are The President Of Nigeria! / Tinubu Praises Awo And Other African Statesmen

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.