Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Why Do You Choose Your Current Church Denomination..? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Choose Your Current Church Denomination..? (194 Views)

What Attracted You To Your Current Church / Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? / RCCG Now The Largest Pentecostal Denomination In The UK, Churches Outnumber Pubs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Choose Your Current Church Denomination..? by bigpicture001: 9:31am On Sep 18, 2022
....i am a Pentecostal church goer... Catholics like to call us protestant...

i chose Pentecostal church because they study the bible more and are more liberarl in thier style of christianity...that is in consonant with modern realities

what about you
Re: Why Do You Choose Your Current Church Denomination..? by Jashub: 9:38am On Sep 18, 2022
At that time , I chose Deeperlife because I read in the bible that Jesus spoke more about hell than heaven, and it was the theme of His ministry. This made me aware that the bible is actually a story about salvation, not partying and prosperity we see now.

Aside from that , I wanted to worship in a place that was not focused on prosperity gospels and riches . What I needed were biblical truths ...things like repentance, holiness, righteousness and salvation. This was not done not because of fear , but because I came to the realization that there is an afterlife, and getting right with God here is the gate way to that reality.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Choose Your Current Church Denomination..? by Nehe007(m): 9:50am On Sep 18, 2022
Because its the only way to heaven and therein GOD Has sent his apostle(harrison charles) who has the words of enternal,if u believe him u will never perish.
www.dayspringassembly.org.ng
Re: Why Do You Choose Your Current Church Denomination..? by tctrills: 12:44pm On Sep 18, 2022
bigpicture001:

i chose Pentecostal church because they study the bible more and are more liberarl in thier style of christianity...that is in consonant with modern realities

what about you
It's funny that we choose our churches just like we choose our fashion. A true Christian would go where God wants him to go. It should never be about your choice.
Re: Why Do You Choose Your Current Church Denomination..? by efficiencie(m): 1:12pm On Sep 18, 2022
bigpicture001:

what about you

I am not a denomination goer rather I am a member of God's church, the bride of Christ. I refuse to be blackmailed by those who are quick to accuse others of church prostitution. All are mine (1 Corithians 3:22).

(1) (Reply)

Moses Did Not See The Face Of God Says Man Of God / Interpretation Of Dream: Tied With Rope / Islamophobia: Message Calling For Boycott Of Polaris Bank Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.