Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? (3410 Views)

Tribunal Accepts Bvas Reports Showing Over-voting Against Adeleke / When Will Adeleke Be Sworn In? / Election 2019: Voting Will Commence At 8am On Saturday - INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by garfield1: 11:27am On Sep 18, 2022
The apc are alleging that there was over voting in 749 units across 10 lgas won by adeleke. I just saw snippets of adeleke reply and they admitted indirectly to this.his lawyer stated that the over voting was by fee votes and it should be deducted from adeleke's votes.adeleke legal team also claimed that mistakes in accreditation were caused by inec and the punishment should joy accrue to its client...
Inec did not help matters by issuing two different CTC copies of bvas.this is another incriminating evidence that will further lead to the cancellation of the polls.inec must be consistent in its dealings.the pdp team are claiming that the incomplete accreditation records are because of network failure and logistic issues.this is not true.there is no way results are uploaded or processed before accreditation figures.if you are familiar with the bvas,you will know that sometimes,accreditation doesnt need network to be sent to inec server.once a voter is accredited,the records are immediately sent or once voting is completed,a accreditation figures are exported long before result sheets are uploaded.
Again,yiaga an election observer indicted inec.it claimed that stats from 12 lgas are inconsistent and that some result sheets are blurted,contains wrong or no accreditation figures and wrong delimitations.even the pdp spokesman in Osun didnt deny this but claimed that it was due to network and use of more than one bvas in some units and that this occurred in mainly areas apc won...
Finally,what does the electoral act says about ovetvoting? Cancellation of affected units and declaration of results in valid units

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Nplfmod
Troublemaker
Ejimatic
Kyase
AAA
Indispensable85
Fergie001
Kwanza
Silvertongue
Vixlot
Zoedew

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Tonypen247(m): 11:28am On Sep 18, 2022
Hmmn
Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by garfield1: 11:33am On Sep 18, 2022
Court sacked pdp reps member in plateau because of over voting

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by seunmsg(m): 11:40am On Sep 18, 2022
I didn’t take the APC case seriously until last week when I read some extract from the YIAGA report and also read that INEC actually issued different CTC of BVAS accreditation reports to APC and PDP.

I remember vividly on Election Day that APC raised alarm that voting was still ongoing late into the night in Ede and some local governments in Osun west at a time INEC had declared all polling units close. The result is what we are now seeing.

Hopefully, APC can prove its case beyond reasonable doubt in all the affected local governments. BVAS and its application has not been previously tested in court so this case should help us establish solid precedence ahead of the 2023 election.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Troublemaker111: 11:57am On Sep 18, 2022
I don't think anything is changing . The voting pattern was quite okay . Most of those town reflected their actual voting strength angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by JASONjnr(m): 12:25pm On Sep 18, 2022
seunmsg:
I didn’t take the APC case seriously until last week when I read some extract from the YIAGA report and also read that INEC actually issued different CTC of BVAS accreditation reports to APC and PDP.

I remember vividly on Election Day that APC raised alarm that voting was still ongoing late into the night in Ede and some local governments in Osun west at a time INEC had declared all polling units close. The result is what we are now seeing.

Hopefully, APC can prove its case beyond reasonable doubt in all the affected local governments. BVAS and its application has not been previously tested in court so this case should help us establish solid precedence ahead of the 2023 election.

INEC would not have concluded the election without counting all the votes from all the polling stations...

I believe that dollars have been exchanged and this will be disastrous to trust INEC's credibility....Same way we can't trust the judiciary system for competence.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by JASONjnr(m): 12:27pm On Sep 18, 2022
Politicians should just stop conducting elections and be contesting on a battle field to go into office...

Because they've rubbished INEC so much that we don't even have any credible electoral body that's independent of the political class manipulation.

Make everybody enter ring begin fight....The winner will now occupy the office.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by seunmsg(m): 12:29pm On Sep 18, 2022
Troublemaker111:
I don't think anything is changing . The voting pattern was quite okay . Most of those town reflected their actual voting strength angry

And this is the explanation PDP will give to justify total votes in some units being more than BVAS accredited voters, right?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Jostoman: 12:37pm On Sep 18, 2022
APC nairaland supporter is giving some of his gullible APC supporters false hope. Nonsense

6 Likes

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by ImperialYoruba: 12:38pm On Sep 18, 2022
Troublemaker111:

Elections are tallied based on registered voters. If a town is 5million and only 2million registered then you expect a total of votes at exactly 2million or less, but not more. Anything over is suspect.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Troublemaker111: 1:01pm On Sep 18, 2022
Who are you to tell us this Only the court have such power..... undecided
seunmsg:

And this is the explanation PDP will give to justify total votes in some units being more than BVAS accredited voters, right?

2 Likes

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Troublemaker111: 1:03pm On Sep 18, 2022
Which town or unit voted above the registered voters . You need to check result for 2018 . No court will fault inec . Bookmark my words undecided
ImperialYoruba:

Elections are tallied based on registered voters. If a town is 5million and only 2million registered then you expect a total of votes at exactly 2million or less, but not more. Anything over is suspect.

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by fergie001: 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2022
garfield1:
I just saw snippets of adeleke reply and they admitted indirectly to this. His lawyer stated that the over voting was by fee votes and it should be deducted from adeleke's votes. Adeleke legal team also claimed that mistakes in accreditation were caused by inec and the punishment should joy accrue to its client...
INEC rightly admitted that as at July 18 (2 days after the election), when Oyetola requested for it, they hadn't completed the BVAS report. It wasn't yet synchronised especially with PUs where there were above 700 regd. voters...

Now, APC is not querying the direct information from the machine itself but that of the BVAS report (a secondary evidence), obtained from the collation on the server. The Electoral Act has clearly identified the BVAS machine and the forms EC8A as primary sources of evidence. The BVAS report can be likened to an "INEC server thing."

The second one issued was after the report was completed when the petition was about to get started at the tribunal.

To prove over-voting, the law is trite that the Petitioner must do the following: (Shinkafi v Yari):
1. Tender the Voter's Register (overtaken by the BVAS machine, emphasis mine).
See EA 2022. S 47(2)

2. Tender the Statement of Result in the appropriate forms which would show the number of registered accredited voters and number of actual votes. (EC8A in this case)

3. Relate each of the documents to the specific area of his case in respect of which the documents are tendered. (That is for the left to the petitioner to determine, my opinion)

4. Show that the figure representing the over-voting if removed would result in victory for the petitioner. (For the petitioner to determine, my opinion).

It is clear that the BVAS machine (not report), results sheet, ballot papers and Statement of forms are the primary sources of evidence.

Again, Oyetola will have to call witnesses that will give oral evidence to prove decisive in his case.

The other is the allegation of over-voting and non-compliance.

On YIAGA claim, I don't think your version is correct.

This is YIAGA's report, you can go through it.

You misquoted us - YIAGA replies Osun Govt, APC

I will take two paragraphs:
Yiaga Africa has deployed the PVT in 12 elections in Nigeria including the 2019 Presidential election. "The ERAD report corroborates the PVT findings contained in the report on the Ekiti and Osun Governorship elections released on August 27th, 2022 which clearly revealed that the results announced by INEC in the Ekiti and Osun election were CONSISTENT with votes cast at the polling units.

"Had the official results been changed at the Ward, LGA, or State collation centers, the official results would not have fallen within the Yiaga Africa PVT estimated ranges." The group said it strongly stands by its PVT findings which have in no way contradicted the ERAD report.

PS: Adeleke in his written defence, admitted that six PUs showed false voting took place.

Just to note;

....weight can hardly be attached to a document tendered in evidence by a witness who cannot or is not in a position to answer questions on the document. One such person the law identifies is the one who did not make the document. Such a person is adjudged in the eyes of the law as ignorant of the content of the document.” (Buhari v INEC)

The Supreme Court emphasised the fact that where the maker of a document is not called to testify, the document would not be accorded probative value, notwithstanding its status as a certified public document. (Belgore v Ahmed)

It is the maker of the document (INEC) issued that will lead the evidence for this!

INEC has tendered the now synchronised report, result sheets and BVAS machine itself before the tribunal.

In a nutshell, the Card reports simply pulls off data from the machine which is not automatic and is dependent on network & server.

Let me take you back to Okereke v Umahi 2016.

PW: “I am a staff of (INEC) and the HOU (ICT Data Management) at INEC Headquarters…The Card Reader performs two roles, namely, the verification of the PVC and the authentication of the fingerprint…I generated a Card Reader Machines Report for Ebonyi State Governorship Election ….That the Card Reader (sic, Report) I generated… was not a complete report covering all the details of Polling Units in Ebonyi State as some Polling Units were not then uploaded and thus not included in that report. However, to meet the application request of the Petitioner’s counsel, the Commission issued him with the CTC of what was available at the time of his application. Subsequently, following the application of the Petitioners, the uploaded data available at the time of instruction by the Chairman of INEC to shut down the server was delivered to the Petitioners…from the record available to us at ICT Department, INEC Headquarters, Abuja, there were some PUs where the database server at ICT Department (INEC Headquarters) recorded zero/nil for the Card Reader Machine Report for the Governorship… election… It may be attributable to where Card Readers were used but the data captured were not uploaded.” [Italics supplied]

The Supreme Court: Her trenchant responses, clearly, demonstrate that the Card Reader Machine Reports were neither inviolable nor sacrosanct as a host of intervening mischievous human variables could impinge on their reliability. It would, perhaps, be better to hear from her lips:

PW: “There are some factors that will affect the uploading of information from the Card Reader Machines to the INEC Data Base. It is correct to say that the uploading process is not automatic. A person must initiate the uploading process.........

Also see Wike v Peterside.....

Thirdly, as observed by learned senior counsel for the Appellant, there was nothing to show that at the time 1st and 2nd Respondents applied for Exhibit A9 (Card Reader Reports), all the data from the card readers used in the election had been fully uploaded.

THIS WILL GIVE A DIRECTION!

Ejimatic

3 Likes

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Spandau: 2:00pm On Sep 18, 2022
seunmsg:

Adeleke is the winner and there is nothing you, Emile O'Corn and any other disgruntled elements can do about it Kadoso.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by ImperialYoruba: 2:14pm On Sep 18, 2022
Troublemaker111:
Which town or unit voted above the registered voters . You need to check result for 2018 . No court will fault inec . Bookmark my words undecided

Well, voter registration changed in the 4yrs since 2018. In the example I gave, even accreditation will not be at 100%. If 2 million registered and collected pvc, on election day less than 2million will be accredited. So the registered voters and pvc in the book minus accredited at polling units will let you know if the result can be accepted with a confidence of trust. This is part of the certification process.

1 Like

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by garfield1: 2:17pm On Sep 18, 2022
Troublemaker111:

Was there over voting or not? Even your pdp hasn't denied

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by garfield1: 2:18pm On Sep 18, 2022
fergie001:
Typing......

I am waiting anxiously but bear in mind jos north/bassa
Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by garfield1: 2:25pm On Sep 18, 2022
seunmsg:

Ede was used to rig same oyetola in 2018 and I suspected that they will still use it.oyetola lost by 29,000 votes and ede gave him a margin of 28,000 if not there would have been another rerun.I blame oyetola in this regard.he should have closemarked ede while tightening things in osogbo and olorunda.in 2018 osogbo and olorunda were used by apc to counter ede partially and reduce the margins.unfortunately, oyetola lost both lgas.

I want to also blame tinubu.if they had allowed the adelekes to succeed late isiaka in apc,pdp won't exist in osun

3 Likes

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by seunmsg(m): 2:50pm On Sep 18, 2022
garfield1:

Ede was used to rig same oyetola in 2018 and I suspected that they will still use it.oyetola lost by 29,000 votes and ede gave him a margin of 28,000 if not there would have been another rerun.I blame oyetola in this regard.he should have closemarked ede while tightening things in osogbo and olorunda.in 2018 osogbo and olorunda were used by apc to counter ede partially and reduce the margins.unfortunately, oyetola lost both lgas.

I want to also blame tinubu.if they had allowed the adelekes to succeed late isiaka in apc,pdp won't exist in osun

Oyetola made very significant progress in 2022 if you consider the fact that Rauf Aregbesola led close to 40% of the party members to work against the governor. Rauf’s betrayal was responsible for the loss recorded in Osogbo and Olorunda.

And for the decision of APC not to give the senatorial ticket to Demola after Isiaka’s death, it was solely the decision of Aregbesola. Even if the ticket was given to Demola as at that time, the Adeleke family would still have pulled out of APC in 2018 because their intention is the governorship and nothing else.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Lanshile(m): 2:54pm On Sep 18, 2022
Adeleke can't be sacked
He has won already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by garfield1: 3:00pm On Sep 18, 2022
seunmsg:

Oyetola made very significant progress in 2022 if you consider the fact that Rauf Aregbesola led close to 40% of the party members to work against the governor. Rauf’s betrayal was responsible for the loss recorded in Osogbo and Olorunda.

And for the decision of APC not to give the senatorial ticket to Demola after Isiaka’s death, it was solely the decision of Aregbesola. Even if the ticket was given to Demola as at that time, the Adeleke family would still have pulled out of APC in 2018 because their intention is the governorship and nothing else.

It was originally the turn of Osun west to rule na so why bring weak oyetola?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by garfield1: 3:01pm On Sep 18, 2022
Lanshile:
Adeleke can't be sacked
He has won already

What of IMO ihedioha

6 Likes

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Troublemaker111: 3:02pm On Sep 18, 2022
There was over voting in ife, osogbo , iragbiji undecided you know next to.nothing about osun politics . I think we should also start looking into Ekiti election . Iwo tio mon nkankan
garfield1:

Was there over voting or not? Even your pdp hasn't denied

1 Like

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Indispensable85(m): 3:03pm On Sep 18, 2022
garfield1:
The apc are alleging that there was over voting in 749 units across 10 lgas won by adeleke. I just saw snippets of adeleke reply and they admitted indirectly to this.his lawyer stated that the over voting was by fee votes and it should be deducted from adeleke's votes.adeleke legal team also claimed that mistakes in accreditation were caused by inec and the punishment should joy accrue to its client...
Inec did not help matters by issuing two different CTC copies of bvas.this is another incriminating evidence that will further lead to the cancellation of the polls.inec must be consistent in its dealings.the pdp team are claiming that the incomplete accreditation records are because of network failure and logistic issues.this is not true.there is no way results are uploaded or processed before accreditation figures.if you are familiar with the bvas,you will know that sometimes,accreditation doesnt need network to be sent to inec server.once a voter is accredited,the records are immediately sent or once voting is completed,a accreditation figures are exported long before result sheets are uploaded.
Again,yiaga an election observer indicted inec.it claimed that stats from 12 lgas are inconsistent and that some result sheets are blurted,contains wrong or no accreditation figures and wrong delimitations.even the pdp spokesman in Osun didnt deny this but claimed that it was due to network and use of more than one bvas in some units and that this occurred in mainly areas apc won...
Finally,what does the electoral act says about ovetvoting? Cancellation of affected units and declaration of results in valid units

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Nplfmod
Troublemaker
Ejimatic
Kyase
AAA
Indispensable85
Fergie001
Kwanza
Silvertongue
Vixlot
Zoedew

Interesting times ahead.
Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Troublemaker111: 3:14pm On Sep 18, 2022
Before osun election I made a sole prediction which turned out to be 80% accuracy. Have been involved in osun politics since Oyinlola days as Governor .... Ojo ti pe grin . Now , Ede votes is always bulky as in just those two lg votes will put you to about 20% winning .

Apc relied on Omisore to deliver ife votes but I do iterate on this forum that Omisore is very overrated in ife currently . The likes of Jon. Ajilesoro are the new faces of ife politics. National secretary of a party is not new to us we held that position for over 4yrs under pdp. Ife/ ijesa axis are very loyal to pdp, people who know Oba Sijuade , Oonirisa will know ife always align with pdp

T
garfield1:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Indispensable85(m): 3:15pm On Sep 18, 2022
JASONjnr:
Politicians should just stop conducting elections and be contesting on a battle field to go into office... Because they e rubbished INEC so much that we don't even have any credible electoral body that's independent of the political class manipulation.

Elections will be won in the boxing ring. E go too sweet oooo. Hahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Indispensable85(m): 3:20pm On Sep 18, 2022
garfield1:

Your last sentence is very correct. There was no reason for preventing the dancing senator from replacing his late brother isiaka at the senate.

1 Like

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by OneCandleAway(f): 3:28pm On Sep 18, 2022
garfield1:

On last paragraph, they knew they can't control Adeleke. Davidos father won't let anyone control his brother like they do in Lagos. That's why they didn't give him the ticket.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Beosten(m): 3:33pm On Sep 18, 2022
seunmsg:

Truth is bitter. FG wanted to humiliate the Bourdilon guy by ensuring PDP won that election. You saw EFCC showing pics of apprehending APC stalwarts with election money. Is there any political party that doesn't share money?

Tinubu prepared for Abuja people setting tribunal trap for them

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by famouscargo4u: 3:36pm On Sep 18, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

No, you're wrong! The new electoral law states that election results in each polling unit must not exceed the accredited voters regardless the total number of registered people there.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by garfield1: 3:36pm On Sep 18, 2022
Troublemaker111:
There was over voting in ife, osogbo , iragbiji undecided you know next to.nothing about osun politics . I think we should also start looking into Ekiti election . Iwo tio mon nkankan

Oga,this one is not predictions.even if there was over voting in apc areas,it is not in court.what is before the court is whether there was over voting in areas pdp won

1 Like

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by ImperialYoruba: 3:44pm On Sep 18, 2022
Indispensable85:

Your last sentence is very correct. There was no reason for preventing the dancing senator from replacing his late brother isiaka at the senate.

If you allowed in Osun for Adeleke you set a precedence. You cannot disallow it for Fatoyinbo in Ekiti, or Eshinlokun in Lagos, nor for Adamu in Kano.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Simplest Way To Explain The FCT 25% Debate / Meet Dame Elizabeth Nneka, Nigerian Woman Who Bore The Royal Insignia Yesterday / Do You Know That The Best Hospital Is Nigeria In Located In Anambra State (photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.