Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? (3418 Views)

Tribunal Accepts Bvas Reports Showing Over-voting Against Adeleke / When Will Adeleke Be Sworn In? / Election 2019: Voting Will Commence At 8am On Saturday - INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Lanshile(m): 3:47pm On Sep 18, 2022
seunmsg:
I didn’t take the APC case seriously until last week when I read some extract from the YIAGA report and also read that INEC actually issued different CTC of BVAS accreditation reports to APC and PDP.

I remember vividly on Election Day that APC raised alarm that voting was still ongoing late into the night in Ede and some local governments in Osun west at a time INEC had declared all polling units close. The result is what we are now seeing.

Hopefully, APC can prove its case beyond reasonable doubt in all the affected local governments. BVAS and its application has not been previously tested in court so this case should help us establish solid precedence ahead of the 2023 election.
You got it right bro
There was rigging in osun election and they voted till 8pm as u claimed
I'm one of the serving corp member in osun state who suppose to take part in the governorship election but momma begged me not to take part so withdrew at the last minute despite being po1
The election was rigged by both APC and pdp
One of the corp member who worked at the polling unit told me that APC paid them 50k while pdp paid them 60k and voting did not stop till around 8pm in the evening
As a sharp guy the guy took 50kand gave 60k to the 2 ex corper who were with him
APC accused the corp member of working against them when those who voted is more than the registered voters but during sorting out of the vote it was realised that some voted for the both party and it was counted as void

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by ImperialYoruba: 3:47pm On Sep 18, 2022
famouscargo4u:

No, you're wrong! The new electoral law states that election results in each polling unit must not exceed the accredited voters regardless the last total number of registered people there.

Read my last post on the issue of count. Reposted below.

ImperialYoruba:

Well, voter registration changed in the 4yrs since 2018. In the example I gave, even accreditation will not be at 100%. If 2 million registered and collected pvc, on election day less than 2million will be accredited. So the registered voters and pvc in the book minus accredited at polling units will let you know if the result can be accepted with a confidence of trust. This is part of the certification process.
Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Beosten(m): 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2022
garfield1:

Ede was used to rig same oyetola in 2018 and I suspected that they will still use it.oyetola lost by 29,000 votes and ede gave him a margin of 28,000 if not there would have been another rerun.I blame oyetola in this regard.he should have closemarked ede while tightening things in osogbo and olorunda.in 2018 osogbo and olorunda were used by apc to counter ede partially and reduce the margins.unfortunately, oyetola lost both lgas.

I want to also blame tinubu.if they had allowed the adelekes to succeed late isiaka in apc,pdp won't exist in osun

Yes. That's a very big error. I don't know what came over Tinubu and the rest. Adeleke was a bigwig. Educated or not, they should have just allowed his brother to rule because they thought APC was behind Adelekes death.
Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Sonyboom: 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2022
Are you brain dead or just being foolish ? Were they controlling Isiaka or was he not Adeleke ? Nonetheless I still blame APC for not conceding the ticket to the brother.

OneCandleAway:

On last paragraph, they knew they can't control Adeleke. Davidos father won't let anyone control his brother like they do in Lagos. That's why they didn't give him the ticket.
Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Beosten(m): 3:58pm On Sep 18, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

If you allowed in Osun for Adeleke you set a precedence. You cannot disallow it for Fatoyinbo in Ekiti, or Eshinlokun in Lagos, nor for Adamu in Kano.

The difference is that Adeleke family suspected APC leaders to be complicit in their brother's death. Truth be told, nothing could have stopped Adeleke from taking over from Aregbe. That Adeleke guy was too strong for any opponent. Serubawon for a reason.
Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by seunmsg(m): 3:59pm On Sep 18, 2022
garfield1:

It was originally the turn of Osun west to rule na so why bring weak oyetola?

Weak Oyetola? How? For losing with a margin of less than 30k votes when practically half of his own party members worked against him and he got little or no support from the presidency?

See, anybody can lose election if the party is divided. With Peter Obi pulling huge crowd in the SE and making little inroads in the SS and two NC states (all traditional PDP states), Tinubu should ordinarily be home and dry by now but he’s not comfortable right now because their is a palpable fear that members of the party in a certain section of the country including some people in the presidency may work against him.

His Tinubu not a strong candidate? Can he win alone without the support of party members? If just 10% of PDP members worked against Adeleke, would he have won the election?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Aiel123: 4:02pm On Sep 18, 2022
Garfield
PDP spokesperson just addressed the issue.
A nairalander posted it
Therein you shall find your answers.
Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Tobijays: 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2022
OneCandleAway:

On last paragraph, they knew they can't control Adeleke. Davidos father won't let anyone control his brother like they do in Lagos. That's why they didn't give him the ticket.
lol who dy supply davido papa contracts bro you know nothing !!!
Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by tinsel: 4:14pm On Sep 18, 2022
Aiel123:
Garfield
A nairalander posted it
He admitted over voting
Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by kcnwaigbo: 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2022
seunmsg:

Weak Oyetola? How? For losing with a margin of less than 30k votes when practically half of his own party members worked against him and he got little or no support from the presidency?

See, anybody can lose election if the party is divided. With Peter Obi pulling huge crowd in the SE and making little inroads in the SS and two NC states (all traditional PDP states), Tinubu should ordinarily be home and dry by now but he’s not comfortable right now because their is a palpable fear that members of the party in a certain section of the country including some people in the presidency may work against him.

His Tinubu not a strong candidate? Can he win alone without the support of party members? If just 10% of PDP members worked against Adeleke, would he have won the election?
Lol Peter Obi making little inroads in the SS.If you call the LP's current waves in the SS little inroads then how will you describe the fate of the APC in the NW and NE today? Continue deceiving yourself

1 Like

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by kcnwaigbo: 4:16pm On Sep 18, 2022
tinsel:

He admitted over voting
He never did.Stop lying

1 Like

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by tinsel: 4:16pm On Sep 18, 2022
kcnwaigbo:

He never did.Stop lying
Read him well please if you can understand English.
Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by tinsel: 4:17pm On Sep 18, 2022
kcnwaigbo:

He never did.Stop lying
Read him well please if you can understand English.
Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by ImperialYoruba: 4:18pm On Sep 18, 2022
Beosten:

The difference is that Adeleke family suspected APC leaders to be complicit in their brother's death. Truth be told, nothing could have stopped Adeleke from taking over from Aregbe. That Adeleke guy was too strong for any opponent. Serubawon for a reason.

Why did they not go to court and charge APC for wrongful death?

Please lets stop these dem say dem say.

Politics in Nigeria is a game of death, it has always been like that. When a party is suspected of killing a member the best thing to do is bring charges against the party.
Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Aiel123: 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2022
tinsel:

He admitted over voting
Yes...in six polling units.
If cancelled,it won't affect PDP's victory.
Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Bash92(m): 4:40pm On Sep 18, 2022
garfield1:

Ede was used to rig same oyetola in 2018 and I suspected that they will still use it.oyetola lost by 29,000 votes and ede gave him a margin of 28,000 if not there would have been another rerun.I blame oyetola in this regard.he should have closemarked ede while tightening things in osogbo and olorunda.in 2018 osogbo and olorunda were used by apc to counter ede partially and reduce the margins.unfortunately, oyetola lost both lgas.

I want to also blame tinubu.if they had allowed the adelekes to succeed late isiaka in apc,pdp won't exist in osun

Ede was used to rigged in 2018? An election that everyone in the state knows Ademola was robbed? I wonder how you people can't be objective for once. Did you see the number of votes that was recorded in Boripe the local government of the governor?

The Yiaga report that you people are relying on has been rejected by Yiaga. They said they did not make any such report.
APC have been doing there media trial since the tribunal began. Also the over voting you guys are shouting about was said to have occurred in only 6 polling unit and it affect both parties vote.
Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Bash92(m): 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2022
Lanshile:

You got it right bro
There was rigging in osun election and they voted till 8pm as u claimed
I'm one of the serving corp member in osun state who suppose to take part in the governorship election but momma begged me not to take part so withdrew at the last minute despite being po1
The election was rigged by both APC and pdp
One of the corp member who worked at the polling unit told me that APC paid them 50k while pdp paid them 60k and voting did not stop till around 8pm in the evening
As a sharp guy the guy took 50kand gave 60k to the 2 ex corper who were with him
APC accused the corp member of working against them when those who voted is more than the registered voters but during sorting out of the vote it was realised that some voted for the both party and it was counted as void

The new electoral law says that voting should be allowed until all the people on the queue by the time voting close must be allowed to vote. So voting till 1am is not a ground for the result of the unit to be cancelled, unless there is over voting
Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Lanshile(m): 4:53pm On Sep 18, 2022
Bash92:

The new electoral law says that voting should be allowed until all the people on the queue by the time voting close must be allowed to vote. So voting till 1am is not a ground for the result of the unit to be cancelled, unless there is over voting
Voting was supposed to stop at 2pm as instructed by the inec officials who gave us lecture before the election and both the pdp and APC had to bribe the corp members cos they came went to the locals with bus to carry those who registered but did not vote,paid them,drove them to the polling unit to cast their vote
The book they gave us but too lazy to go through it and the pay wasnt worth it
They paid those who took part 9000 naira after the election after a lot of delay

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Bash92(m): 5:09pm On Sep 18, 2022
Lanshile:

Voting was supposed to stop at 2pm as instructed by the inec officials who gave us lecture before the election and both the pdp and APC had to bribe the corp members cos they came went to the locals with bus to carry those who registered but did not vote,paid them,drove them to the polling unit to cast their vote
The book they gave us but too lazy to go through it and the pay wasnt worth it
They paid those who took part 9000 naira after the election after a lot of delay
Not disputing what you said, just that aspect of when voting should stop. This is what the electoral act 2022 said
'' 59. At the prescribed hour for the close of poll, the Presiding officer shall declare the poll closed and no more person shall be admitted into the Polling unit and only those already inside the polling unit shall be allowed to vote".

The manual you were given might have been printed before act was signed.

1 Like

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Troublemaker111: 5:15pm On Sep 18, 2022
There was over voting in my lg, ife central , how could Apc win here The court should help look into this .... How has been Omisore I stopped hearing about him from you how he would deliver ife votes to Apc Eyin oniyeye
garfield1:

Oga,this one is not predictions.even if there was over voting in apc areas,it is not in court.what is before the court is whether there was over voting in areas pdp won
Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by garfield1: 5:59pm On Sep 18, 2022
Troublemaker111:
There was over voting in my lg, ife central , how could Apc win here The court should help look into this .... How has been Omisore I stopped hearing about him from you how he would deliver ife votes to Apc Eyin oniyeye

The court will only look into areas apc challenge
Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by garfield1: 6:00pm On Sep 18, 2022
Aiel123:
Garfield
A nairalander posted it

Is he the lawyer? You see funny.a closer look will reveal more overvoting
Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by walex2(m): 6:09pm On Sep 18, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Elections are tallied based on registered voters. If a town is 5million and only 2million registered then you expect a total of votes at exactly 2million or less, but not more. Anything over is suspect.

you are wrong number of registered voters is not a determinant but number of accredited voters, once number of votes exceed accredited voters it would be counted as over voting, in a simple language rigging

1 Like

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by JASONjnr(m): 6:23pm On Sep 18, 2022
Indispensable85:

Elections will be won in the boxing ring. E go too sweet oooo. Hahahahahahahaha

Lol...aswear.
Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Aiel123: 6:31pm On Sep 18, 2022
garfield1:

Is he the lawyer? You see funny.a closer look will reveal more overvoting
He said over voting affected only six units not 749 as Oyetola and APC said.
Well the court will decide
Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Troublemaker111: 6:38pm On Sep 18, 2022
How about my uncle Omisore I suddenly stopped hearing about him . He is barely overrated grin
garfield1:

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by 9jahotblog: 6:41pm On Sep 18, 2022
garfield1:
The apc are alleging that there was over voting in 749 units across 10 lgas won by adeleke. I just saw snippets of adeleke reply and they admitted indirectly to this.his lawyer stated that the over voting was by fee votes and it should be deducted from adeleke's votes.adeleke legal team also claimed that mistakes in accreditation were caused by inec and the punishment should joy accrue to its client...
Inec did not help matters by issuing two different CTC copies of bvas.this is another incriminating evidence that will further lead to the cancellation of the polls.inec must be consistent in its dealings.the pdp team are claiming that the incomplete accreditation records are because of network failure and logistic issues.this is not true.there is no way results are uploaded or processed before accreditation figures.if you are familiar with the bvas,you will know that sometimes,accreditation doesnt need network to be sent to inec server.once a voter is accredited,the records are immediately sent or once voting is completed,a accreditation figures are exported long before result sheets are uploaded.
Again,yiaga an election observer indicted inec.it claimed that stats from 12 lgas are inconsistent and that some result sheets are blurted,contains wrong or no accreditation figures and wrong delimitations.even the pdp spokesman in Osun didnt deny this but claimed that it was due to network and use of more than one bvas in some units and that this occurred in mainly areas apc won...
Finally,what does the electoral act says about ovetvoting? Cancellation of affected units and declaration of results in valid units

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Nplfmod
Troublemaker
Ejimatic
Kyase
AAA
Indispensable85
Fergie001
Kwanza
Silvertongue
Vixlot
Zoedew

Osun state Governor-elect, Senator Ademola Adeleke has condemned sponsored posts on his alleged admission of over-voting, accusing Mr Gboyega Oyetola and the All Progressive Congress of criminal misrepresentation of facts before the Tribunal.

In a statement issued on Sunday, Senator Adeleke explained that his defence at the Tribunal disproved Mr Gboyega Oyetola's claim of over-voting in 750 polling as it was created by the incomplete data of BVAS based on the unsynchronised BVAS report that was used by the petitioners.

The statement further affirmed that the false over-voting does not represent what is on the BVAS machine itself and the Forms EC8A, explaining that full statement of the Governor-elect filed on oath at the Tribunal was explicit and detailed.

For the benefit of members of the public, there are two aspects to the defence with respect to APC's claim of over-voting.

The first aspect is that the over-voting in 750 polling units as claimed by Oyetola/APC in their petition is false over-voting created by the incomplete data of BVAS based on the unsynchronised BVAS report. This does not represent what is on the BVAS machine itself and the Forms EC8A. The correct result is as captured in the synchronised BVAS report which tallies with the data on the BVAS MACHINE itself.

The defence also affirmed further that even if the false over-voting in the unsynchronised BVAS report is unlikely admitted, the PDP will still be leading if votes from the affected six polling units are removed, adding however that "such admission is however impossible because the Tribunal will never rely on the unsynchronised BVAS report because is at variance with what is contained on the BVAS machine itself.

The statement while clarifying that the digital foot print of the BVAS machine is verifiable, submitting that both Governor -elect and INEC have put the BVAS machines itself before the Tribunal for examination.

The statement further noted that from from the analysis on the BVAS machine itself and the Form EC8A which are the primary source as against BVAS report which is secondary, real over-voting occurred in only six polling units, submitting that if the votes in those six polling units are cancelled, PDP's score will be 402,000 plus while the APC's will be 374,000.

We must emphasize that BVAS report is secondary evidence, while the BVAS machine itself and the EC8A are primary source, restating that "No Tribunal will believe a challenged secondary source while the primary source is physically before it"

We have gone into these details to show that Senator Adeleke never admitted in the polling units challenged by the APC/Oyetola except in only 6 polling units where there is real over-voting as contained in the BVAS machine itself and the Forms.

We therefore urged APC and Mr Oyetola to stop media trial as it will not intimidate the Tribunal nor sway public opinion to believe in the habitual lying and propaganda of the defeated party.

E-signed

Mallam Olawale Rasheed,

Spokesperson to the Governor-elect

Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by 9jahotblog: 6:43pm On Sep 18, 2022
garfield1:

you are a clueless loser here. Oyetola and you ti lule piii Lekan siii.
Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Idiotseverywher: 6:58pm On Sep 18, 2022
Foolish propaganda, they want to use false report to establish over voting, that was why the made attempt to falsify the result at inec sever
Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by Kpatakpata: 6:58pm On Sep 18, 2022
APC wan try another back door entry. It will not work this time
Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by garfield1: 7:45pm On Sep 18, 2022
Troublemaker111:
How about my uncle Omisore I suddenly stopped hearing about him . He is barely overrated grin

We are talking of over voting not omisore.if found guilty,oyetola is governor
Re: Osun Guber Polls: Was There Over Voting? Will Adeleke Be Sacked? by ejimatic: 10:07am On Sep 19, 2022
garfield1:
The APC are alleging that there was over voting in 749 units across 10 LGS won by Adeleke. I just saw snippets of adeleke reply and they admitted indirectly to this.his lawyer stated that the over voting was by fee votes and it should be deducted from adeleke's votes.adeleke legal team also claimed that mistakes in accreditation were caused by inec and the punishment should joy accrue to its client...
Inec did not help matters by issuing two different CTC copies of bvas.this is another incriminating evidence that will further lead to the cancellation of the polls.inec must be consistent in its dealings.the pdp team are claiming that the incomplete accreditation records are because of network failure and logistic issues.this is not true.there is no way results are uploaded or processed before accreditation figures.if you are familiar with the bvas,you will know that sometimes,accreditation doesnt need network to be sent to inec server.once a voter is accredited,the records are immediately sent or once voting is completed,a accreditation figures are exported long before result sheets are uploaded.
Again,yiaga an election observer indicted inec.it claimed that stats from 12 lgas are inconsistent and that some result sheets are blurted,contains wrong or no accreditation figures and wrong delimitations.even the pdp spokesman in Osun didnt deny this but claimed that it was due to network and use of more than one bvas in some units and that this occurred in mainly areas apc won...
Finally,what does the electoral act says about ovetvoting? Cancellation of affected units and declaration of results in valid units

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Nplfmod
Troublemaker
Ejimatic
Kyase
AAA
Indispensable85
Fergie001
Kwanza
Silvertongue
Vixlot
Zoedew
APC alleged overvoting, non accreditation, non compliance with electoral laws and voting till 10 pm in Ede Local Governments. The PDP claimed these happened in six poling units not in 746 polling units. The Yiga reports outlined the premeditated hide and seek voting system in the contested units and lampooned INEC for conspiracy on the electoral procedures of the election. The issues now are:. 1 Should BVAS report be different from BVAS machine record. 3 Did the results in forms EC8 agree with the combination of BVAS records and BVAS machine reports? 3 Are there multiple votes in all places where election ended at 9 in the contested units? Interesting days lie ahead at the Tribunal.. Finally I need to reitrate that in all places where there are overvoting, multiple votes, and noncompliance of the electoral laws all the results will be cancelled. Aregbesola vrs PDP INEC Oyinlola 2011.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo: Peter Obi Name On NYSC Certificate Different From UNN Certificate / Is Nigeria Really This Bad? / Difference Between Minister And Minister Of State:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.