Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,892 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) (45852 Views)

Asari Dokubo Accuses Military, Cabal Of Oil Theft In Nigeria / Buhari Wants Osinbajo, Others To Tackle Crude Oil Theft In The Niger Delta / Soyinka Speaks On Buhari, Jibrin From Sudan And Identity Theft In Poland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by anonymous1759(m): 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2022
smeag0l:
No. He is just stating the obvious facts. I work in this industry and eith one of the biggest multinationals. During GEJ's regime, Nigeria was meeting its OPEC quota sometimes and whenever we fell short it was below 200,000 barrels. Now, you find a wide disparityof more than 500,000 barrels per day of crude stolen and you wonder why these guys keep lieing. The crude is just been sold off and unaccounted for. A criminal syndicate involving several national organizations is what i see here.

These criminal syndicates didn’t start today that’s what I’m saying . Politicians only speaks for personal gains and keep shut when it favors them . People shouldn’t expect much from him so they won’t get disappointed at the end . Obi still have all the attributes of an average Nigerian politician.
Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by Hndrrxxx(m): 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2022
MedicH:

I swear, no body stupid pass you.

you were just born to be stupid.
oh you tryna diss Hndrrxxx that will prolly get you killed??
Last nigga dissed me, he dropped nigga
Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by newdawn2017(f): 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2022
Hndrrxxx:
So you’ve known all these for a while now and you keep quiet??

Why?? Because you are part of them and now they don’t want you anymore
he thinks we are all fools. Joke's on him. undecided as vote for obi is a vote for Atiku, Tinubu, kwankwaso, Waziri & other wicked & dubious, corrupt past leaders & continuation of dis wicked system of government. Only Sowore is for Nigerians from grassroots to mountain peaks yes! I stand with the entire AACparty team vying for difference position of service to the people. [url]#SoworeMagashi2023[/url]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by Bridget95(f): 4:14pm On Sep 18, 2022
anonymous1759:
Obi is just waking up from his slumber when he was in PDP he didn’t expose the federal government Under GEJ . This politicians always take us for granted same content different container.

Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by Hndrrxxx(m): 4:14pm On Sep 18, 2022
Kajaard:

Please keep your mouth shut if you have nothing sensible to day. You just uttered rubbish from that empty thing you call a brain.

You don't know this theft is run like an organized mafia by the government? Who will he run report to when the government is the one doing the theft? Have you heard of the word assassination before?
shut your damn mouth ‘fore you dropped, nigga
Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by Hndrrxxx(m): 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2022
obicmag:

Get sense for once
Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by Hndrrxxx(m): 4:17pm On Sep 18, 2022
Omodua:
Shut up.

Serious matter being discussed here. Not jesters like you nosing in.
Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by Bovis(m): 4:17pm On Sep 18, 2022
envoymedia:

https://igberetvnews.com/1428744/government-steal-oil-peter-obi-exposes-crude-oil-theft-nigeria-video/
*PETER OBI ON CNN: MY CANDID VIEW*

Dr Uche Diala

I made special effort to attentively watch the Labour Party candidate, Mr Peter Obi's interview live on CNN to the end. I have also objectively watched the recorded video at least 4 times since last night and it has only left a bitter taste in my mouth.

First, surprisingly I am less miffed at Mr Peter Obi than I am at the anchor, Zain Asher who is; as she said Nigerian, Igbo and from the South East; even though I know she only throws in those identities whenever she thinks it serves the purpose of her career at CNN or her preferred narrative.

That interview clearly showed that Zain is not very current on issues concerning the country she calls her own. Apart from ignorantly or deliberately over exaggerating or misrepresentating the true state of things in Nigeria, she obviously knew her interviewee well and was conscious to feed him red meat to further the narrative she wanted to sell about Nigeria and he; as expected lapped it all up, mindless of the fact that it is the same country he seeks to lead.

Agreed that a politician will say anything to help his or her ambition but to essentially throw your nation under the bus on an international media; especially with lies, half truths and exaggerations is as unpatriotic as it is unintelligent.

Whatever I might think about Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, he would have had enough maturity, experience and emotional intelligence to know how to answer those questions without throwing the nation under the bus. Not to talk of Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu who is the master of emotional intelligence himself.

Let Me Be Clear:
It is okay to rail against the incumbent government, its policies and programs and then state your own policies and programs, what you would do differently and HOW; to draw a contrast. I mean that is what America politicians do; especially when speaking to an international audience.

That someone always comes across behaving like a foreigner or a non Nigerian who has not been part of whatever has been of Nigeria; good and bad; trying to present himself as the only saint and a messiah coming from outside of Nigeria and the Nigerian system to salvage Nigeria is as laughable and insulting as it should be a cause for concern to all patriotic and well meaning Nigerians.

Talking About Questions ...

Even as I lowered the bar on my expectations from the interviewee; having listened to him on sundry issues; including on climate change, ASUU strike, insecurity, infrastructure, power, economy etc, I must confess that he managed to take 'no-show' a notch higher in that interview.

First, his penchant for taking the 'third person' approach to questions. For a direct question of 'what would you do'?, he would answer "You do ...", when it should be 'I will do ...'. Then he does not say what he would do and how.

Fortunately or deliberately, he has been picking interviewers who deliberately won't or can't take him to task. So he gets away with that.

Then, listen to his submissions or responses on some of the specific issues that arose in that CNN interview.
"You have to deal decisively with the issue of security ...". HOW?

"You have to start pulling people out of poverty as quickly as possible ...". HOW?

"You have to reduce aggressively cost of governance and then deal with the issue of corruption ...". HOW?

Then ...
"What is your plan to transform Nigeria from a consumption economy to a production economy"? In view of the fact that Nigeria has being a net importer of petroleum products in spite of being Africa's largest producer of crude oil.

He answers: ".. there's no reason why our refineries cannot work .., ... there's no reason why we should not encourage private sector to build refineries and operate them and they are not rocket science. It can be done as quickly as possible. You can use today to decide to
remove the fuel subsidy, use the resources to support critical areas of production, from critical infrastructure, to education, supporting investments in refinery which will be like I said done within a shortest possible time". Tell me something I don't know please.

Wait A Minute ...

What Exactly Have We Been Doing In The Last 7 years?

The Dangote Refinery is a private refinery being built in Nigeria right before our eyes and we know how it has progressed and the speed;
even with maximum commitment and concerted attention being given to it by Alhaji Aliko Dangote, the Dangote Group and the Nigerian government. That is actually the "shortest possible time"; if you are not living in a make believe world like Mr Peter, that is.
Mr Peter Obi has access to Aliko Dangote as a fellow millionaire and Nigeria elite (never mind the pretence) that most of us do not have. How difficult is it for him to approach Dangote for a free lecture?

Furthermore, in the last seven and half years, Nigeria has more private Modular Refineries in building than at any other time in Nigeria’s history; all with the Buhari government's full support.

The licenses for most of those refineries were issued and the fees collected by past administrations but none was built. Indeed the 10,000bpd Duport Modular Refinery in Edo State is being facilitated by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB), a FG Agency.

Then '"you can decide today to remove fuel subsidy ..". Like seriously? How? Without the appropriate measures in place like completing the ongoing holistic repair of our state owned refineries and the Dangote Refinery as well as the Modular Refineries being built?
Not to mention the Petroleum Industry Act which has been signed into law by President Muhammadu Buhari to give legal, structural and administrative framework and teeth to all that needs to be in place before sustainably and realistically removing fuel subsidy;
bearing the average Nigerian in mind.

If serious governance and re-building Nigeria out of the rot it has being in for decades were are as simplistic and kindergarten as Mr Obi keeps presenting, then why do we need a messiah? Anyone would have done it.
Mr Peter Obi said, past Nigerian leaders have always been elected "based on ethnicity, religion, my turn, connection or one form of bias or the other, ... or structure which always says structure of criminality ...". Interesting.

It is left for objective Nigerians to say which of these that he mentioned that he has not exploited as a Governor and in his current quest to become President of Nigeria.

He further says; in his usual apocalyptic and messianic manner that Nigeria is next to "collapse" and postures himself as the only messiah without who Nigeria will be buried. He then dwells on insecurity in and the plight of the North while conveniently forgetting that his
South East; including his home state Anambra is even more unsafe and under developed today than many places in the North.

Sincerely, all these would have been fantastic if we were looking for a philosopher, an impressionist or a chronicler-in-chief of our woes and not a President and Commander-in-Chief.

These are some of the reasons that I remain convinced; even after this un-disappointing CNN outing that the combination of Bola Tinubu and Kashim Shettima; without any primordial sentiments are better for Nigeria going forward.

The more I objectively listen to Mr Peter Obi and look at my check list, the more I realise that most of the things he merely talks about without any how-to-dos; security, production, economy, agriculture, power, re-equipping the security agencies, security architecture,
education, health, infrastructure, oil and gas etc are already being tackled verifiably by the Buhari administration.

So no better persons out of what we have on offer to take those forward than two people who not only know and acknowledge those realities and verified efforts but who equally have the "commitment, integrity, competence, commitment and track record" and I dare add patriotism and belief in Nigeria to build on them going by "what they have done in the past" viz Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Kashim Shettima Mustapha.

In all, I am glad that the Labour Party candidate pointed out that Nigeria needs a leader that you can "... look at what he has done in the past ...", with "character, competence, capacity and commitment to do the right thing ...".

These indeed are the crux of the matter and I urge Nigerians to listen to him and do the needful; devoid of primordial sentiments and emotions. In the end; beyond the semantics and noise, it is our collective lives and future that are at stake in next year's election.

Finally, back to our sister Zain Asher, I will not blame her or CNN too much for not knowing the exact situation of things with Nigeria today beyond what they see on social media and from fifth columnists.

What has the Nigerian government done in recent times to tell our real story and trajectory to the world? How many features have we had on CNN in the last 7 years?
Will we send someone like @AjuriNgelale or @fkeyamo (forget people like me) to go on CNN and factually counter the many lies, half truths and mischaracterisation of Nigeria bandied in that interview? Even if we have to pay for it?

It is a matter of national truth, pride and honor; beyond partisan politics and election.

Patriotic Nigerians, the ball remains in our court. We have been served.

#GodBlessNigeria

©️ Uche Diala
Credit @uchediala
Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by anonymous1759(m): 4:17pm On Sep 18, 2022
[quote author=Bridget95 post=116785103][/quote]

BAT is my first choice because he laid good templates in Lagos and is ideas are still alive and yielding results . Obi is my second choice . I don’t want Atiku to mount power . Electricity has improved in Nigeria lately Atiku will kill if he wins plus he’ll recover everything he has been spending on election since 1993 till date .

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by Hndrrxxx(m): 4:18pm On Sep 18, 2022
Obainomilano:
.. people like you will go to primary school and still not learn common ABCD...so is peter your oil minister or your information minister or effcc,or whatever government organization in charge of crime....and by the way now that he has said it what are u going to do...if not to stupidly support those who are keeping this country in bondage instead of looking at the truth
Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by BeanmanX(m): 4:18pm On Sep 18, 2022
Magnoliaa:

We really do not have a system that hold people accountable. Very sad.
Elenu gbenske... undecided
Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by Hndrrxxx(m): 4:19pm On Sep 18, 2022
Bishop95:

I swear, you are very stupid nii
Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by Ezeimo: 4:19pm On Sep 18, 2022
anonymous1759:
Obi is just waking up from his slumber when he was in PDP he didn’t expose the federal government Under GEJ . This politicians always take us for granted same content different container.

Obi was not a PDP member during GEj
Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by Bennycollins: 4:19pm On Sep 18, 2022
I really fear for Obi, he is really on the toes of those who have been plundering Nigeria, with his campaign and expose. The elite and money bags would do anything possible to stop him. Let all Nigerians put him in prayer.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by Krismas(m): 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2022
excess4luv:

Can you read what you wrote??
You see how brain washed you are?
A sovereign country like Nigeria is not in control of her oil production and yet spend billions to secure pipelines?

If he can identify the problems even from a distance and informs Nigerians about it then let him get in and disappoint.

This is not a Tribal contest, rather contest for the most competent, most committed, and character of the individual.

PETER IS BETTER
LP
grin Peter is better than who? grin He is most clueless of all the major contenders grin
He is not even going to win. By the way Anybody can spot problems e.g ASUU perpetual strike or stagflation in the nation. He should be giving the solution as soon as he mentions d problem, so we can know he is sound. But every time he proffers a solution he look clueless
Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by BeanmanX(m): 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2022
APC is milking Nigeria dry,,,what the former government stole is childplay compared to what Buhari's government stole...

We all need to kick APC out in 2023,,, enough is enough!
Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by EndsarsReloaded: 4:23pm On Sep 18, 2022
newdawn2017:
joke's on u, it is. U must task us all ass blind bat's & deaf too. undecided only Sowore is a clear cut seemingly from another tree entirely. #Sowore2023

Can you tell me one thing Sowore did that made you think he is capable? Someone that has never held any government post or even private sector managerial position? Just because he protests and makes noise?

Yet Obi ruled a state for 8 years and had not a single allegation of corruption! Before that, he has managed banks and other companies, not once was he accused of corrupt practices!!

Now, same Obi is exposing corruption going on in connivance with politicians yet you're here saying gibberish because you're blinded with tribalism.

Disgusting fools everywhere!!!
Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by irunoko(m): 4:24pm On Sep 18, 2022
Kingozymandias:
Wow!!

You see why these criminals don't want Peter Obi to win? He will end their decades of stealing our oil .

Now you see why we must vote Peter obi
the thieves and their cronies will not be happy with this expose grin

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by Peculiarni(m): 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2022
Please help me the person that i owe 40000 is disturbing me and things are so tough for me now.no amount is too small 3162669986 first bank
Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by EndsarsReloaded: 4:28pm On Sep 18, 2022
Bennycollins:
I really fear for Obi, he is really on the toes of those who have been plundering Nigeria, with his campaign and expose. The elite and money bags would do anything possible to stop him. Let all Nigerians put him in prayer.

Don't mind the BATstards!

Someone is sacrificing everything to salvage Nigeria but ignorant dofos who have never enjoyed good life since they were born are still talking rubbish.

Some Nigerians really deserve to suffer all their lives and die miserably.
Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by newdawn2017(f): 4:28pm On Sep 18, 2022
EndsarsReloaded:

Can you tell me one thing Sowore did that made you think he is capable? Someone that has never held any government post or even private sector managerial position? Just because he protests and makes noise?

Yet Obi ruled a state for 8 years and had not a single allegation of corruption
! Before that, he has managed banks and other companies, not once was he accused of corrupt practices!!

Now, same Obi is exposing corruption going on in connivance with politicians yet you're here saying gibberish because you're blinded with tribalism.

Disgusting fools everywhere!!!
not a single what??. shocked u can wallow in ur zombiesm ,foolishness & Stockholm syndrome state, I write u off..
Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by Peculiarni(m): 4:29pm On Sep 18, 2022
Please help me the person that i owe 40000 is disturbing me and things are so tough for me now.no amount is too small 3162669986 firstbank
Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by EndsarsReloaded: 4:30pm On Sep 18, 2022
newdawn2017:
not a single what??. shocked u can wallow in ur zombiesm ,foolishness & Stockholm syndrome state, I write u off..

You and your entire miserable generation are already written off!

Can you name the corruption cases against Obi?

Disgusting BATstards blinded by tribalism.
Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by Anndrew(m): 4:32pm On Sep 18, 2022
just2endowed:

I just wonder.. Look at Tinubu, its not like money is his problem or atiku. They all benefited from a failed system in Nigeria to get extremely rich. Yet the money they have acquired both legally and illegally is never enough.
power is what they are looking for,..money aren't nothing to them..even at the height of Pablo escobar time,he was said to be one of the richest man in the world at forbes magazine during the 19 century..still he was gunning to be president of Colombia..he was looking for power,which is the highest of a Nation.. Batescoba and Chief Mikano will not see that power...both are so desperate for it
Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by Brushstrokes20: 4:33pm On Sep 18, 2022
Spot on! The lifeless scammer and cohorts are CHRONIC, INSATIABLE, UNEMPLOYMENT THIEVES! undecided

VOTE WISELY COME 2023 cool
Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by ajailer(m): 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2022
slawomir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Obi my niggarrrr

Any sane youth can not vote for tinubu or atiku

If tinubu or atiku should win this election then I will know that something is wrong with this nation

The height of hypocrisy is when only you is normal while every other person dey abnormal. You dey do yahoo yahoo or keyboarding as you like to dey glorify your criminal activity, to you, ain't nothing wrong in that cos " na Naija situation cause am" but other ppl voting their choice of candidate apart from yours are insane abi. Jail time is awaiting you if you don't change your ways. Btw, you are not anyway better than Tinubu or Atiku when it comes to criminal tendencies
Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by wales4real(m): 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2022
What has PO done in his own capacity to address the problem all along? Has he not been in the same government for years? He's part of the thieves stealing our resources. He should shut up and don't seek any sympathy.
Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by kelvinezeh55(m): 4:36pm On Sep 18, 2022
slawomir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Obi my niggarrrr

Any sane youth can not vote for tinubu or atiku

that's just the truth brother Man
Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by Krismas(m): 4:39pm On Sep 18, 2022
Bovis:

*PETER OBI ON CNN: MY CANDID VIEW*

Dr Uche Diala

I made special effort to attentively watch the Labour Party candidate, Mr Peter Obi's interview live on CNN to the end. I have also objectively watched the recorded video at least 4 times since last night and it has only left a bitter taste in my mouth.

First, surprisingly I am less miffed at Mr Peter Obi than I am at the anchor, Zain Asher who is; as she said Nigerian, Igbo and from the South East; even though I know she only throws in those identities whenever she thinks it serves the purpose of her career at CNN or her preferred narrative.

That interview clearly showed that Zain is not very current on issues concerning the country she calls her own. Apart from ignorantly or deliberately over exaggerating or misrepresentating the true state of things in Nigeria, she obviously knew her interviewee well and was conscious to feed him red meat to further the narrative she wanted to sell about Nigeria and he; as expected lapped it all up, mindless of the fact that it is the same country he seeks to lead.

Agreed that a politician will say anything to help his or her ambition but to essentially throw your nation under the bus on an international media; especially with lies, half truths and exaggerations is as unpatriotic as it is unintelligent.

Whatever I might think about Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, he would have had enough maturity, experience and emotional intelligence to know how to answer those questions without throwing the nation under the bus. Not to talk of Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu who is the master of emotional intelligence himself.

Let Me Be Clear:
It is okay to rail against the incumbent government, its policies and programs and then state your own policies and programs, what you would do differently and HOW; to draw a contrast. I mean that is what America politicians do; especially when speaking to an international audience.

That someone always comes across behaving like a foreigner or a non Nigerian who has not been part of whatever has been of Nigeria; good and bad; trying to present himself as the only saint and a messiah coming from outside of Nigeria and the Nigerian system to salvage Nigeria is as laughable and insulting as it should be a cause for concern to all patriotic and well meaning Nigerians.

Talking About Questions ...

Even as I lowered the bar on my expectations from the interviewee; having listened to him on sundry issues; including on climate change, ASUU strike, insecurity, infrastructure, power, economy etc, I must confess that he managed to take 'no-show' a notch higher in that interview.

First, his penchant for taking the 'third person' approach to questions. For a direct question of 'what would you do'?, he would answer "You do ...", when it should be 'I will do ...'. Then he does not say what he would do and how.

Fortunately or deliberately, he has been picking interviewers who deliberately won't or can't take him to task. So he gets away with that.

Then, listen to his submissions or responses on some of the specific issues that arose in that CNN interview.
"You have to deal decisively with the issue of security ...". HOW?

"You have to start pulling people out of poverty as quickly as possible ...". HOW?

"You have to reduce aggressively cost of governance and then deal with the issue of corruption ...". HOW?

Then ...
"What is your plan to transform Nigeria from a consumption economy to a production economy"? In view of the fact that Nigeria has being a net importer of petroleum products in spite of being Africa's largest producer of crude oil.

He answers: ".. there's no reason why our refineries cannot work .., ... there's no reason why we should not encourage private sector to build refineries and operate them and they are not rocket science. It can be done as quickly as possible. You can use today to decide to
remove the fuel subsidy, use the resources to support critical areas of production, from critical infrastructure, to education, supporting investments in refinery which will be like I said done within a shortest possible time". Tell me something I don't know please.

Wait A Minute ...

What Exactly Have We Been Doing In The Last 7 years?

The Dangote Refinery is a private refinery being built in Nigeria right before our eyes and we know how it has progressed and the speed;
even with maximum commitment and concerted attention being given to it by Alhaji Aliko Dangote, the Dangote Group and the Nigerian government. That is actually the "shortest possible time"; if you are not living in a make believe world like Mr Peter, that is.
Mr Peter Obi has access to Aliko Dangote as a fellow millionaire and Nigeria elite (never mind the pretence) that most of us do not have. How difficult is it for him to approach Dangote for a free lecture?

Furthermore, in the last seven and half years, Nigeria has more private Modular Refineries in building than at any other time in Nigeria’s history; all with the Buhari government's full support.

The licenses for most of those refineries were issued and the fees collected by past administrations but none was built. Indeed the 10,000bpd Duport Modular Refinery in Edo State is being facilitated by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB), a FG Agency.

Then '"you can decide today to remove fuel subsidy ..". Like seriously? How? Without the appropriate measures in place like completing the ongoing holistic repair of our state owned refineries and the Dangote Refinery as well as the Modular Refineries being built?
Not to mention the Petroleum Industry Act which has been signed into law by President Muhammadu Buhari to give legal, structural and administrative framework and teeth to all that needs to be in place before sustainably and realistically removing fuel subsidy;
bearing the average Nigerian in mind.

If serious governance and re-building Nigeria out of the rot it has being in for decades were are as simplistic and kindergarten as Mr Obi keeps presenting, then why do we need a messiah? Anyone would have done it.
Mr Peter Obi said, past Nigerian leaders have always been elected "based on ethnicity, religion, my turn, connection or one form of bias or the other, ... or structure which always says structure of criminality ...". Interesting.

It is left for objective Nigerians to say which of these that he mentioned that he has not exploited as a Governor and in his current quest to become President of Nigeria.

He further says; in his usual apocalyptic and messianic manner that Nigeria is next to "collapse" and postures himself as the only messiah without who Nigeria will be buried. He then dwells on insecurity in and the plight of the North while conveniently forgetting that his
South East; including his home state Anambra is even more unsafe and under developed today than many places in the North.

Sincerely, all these would have been fantastic if we were looking for a philosopher, an impressionist or a chronicler-in-chief of our woes and not a President and Commander-in-Chief.

These are some of the reasons that I remain convinced; even after this un-disappointing CNN outing that the combination of Bola Tinubu and Kashim Shettima; without any primordial sentiments are better for Nigeria going forward.

The more I objectively listen to Mr Peter Obi and look at my check list, the more I realise that most of the things he merely talks about without any how-to-dos; security, production, economy, agriculture, power, re-equipping the security agencies, security architecture,
education, health, infrastructure, oil and gas etc are already being tackled verifiably by the Buhari administration.

So no better persons out of what we have on offer to take those forward than two people who not only know and acknowledge those realities and verified efforts but who equally have the "commitment, integrity, competence, commitment and track record" and I dare add patriotism and belief in Nigeria to build on them going by "what they have done in the past" viz Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Kashim Shettima Mustapha.

In all, I am glad that the Labour Party candidate pointed out that Nigeria needs a leader that you can "... look at what he has done in the past ...", with "character, competence, capacity and commitment to do the right thing ...".

These indeed are the crux of the matter and I urge Nigerians to listen to him and do the needful; devoid of primordial sentiments and emotions. In the end; beyond the semantics and noise, it is our collective lives and future that are at stake in next year's election.

Finally, back to our sister Zain Asher, I will not blame her or CNN too much for not knowing the exact situation of things with Nigeria today beyond what they see on social media and from fifth columnists.

What has the Nigerian government done in recent times to tell our real story and trajectory to the world? How many features have we had on CNN in the last 7 years?
Will we send someone like @AjuriNgelale or @fkeyamo (forget people like me) to go on CNN and factually counter the many lies, half truths and mischaracterisation of Nigeria bandied in that interview? Even if we have to pay for it?

It is a matter of national truth, pride and honor; beyond partisan politics and election.

Patriotic Nigerians, the ball remains in our court. We have been served.

#GodBlessNigeria

©️ Uche Diala
Credit @uchediala
grin Obi is clueless. No doubt about dat. The cult-like devotion and followership he enjoys from messiah seeking section of the youths, obscures this fact
Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by hush15: 4:44pm On Sep 18, 2022
Hndrrxxx:
So you’ve known all these for a while now and you keep quiet??

Why?? Because you are part of them and now they don’t want you anymore

He was governor in anambra state, how is he part of them? He wasn't in NNPC, or any ministerial position. When he was the governor, he was the only governor in the entire 36 territories in tandem with NOI to save both in the Sovereign wealth fund and excess crude account. Oshiomole who was governor then and other governors especially during the GEJ time that refuted and declared that everything be shared. Infact, those governors took GEJ and his govt to court.

So how has he been part of those that rape this nation carelessly
Re: Peter Obi Exposes Crude Oil Theft In Nigeria - How Government Steals Oil (Video) by BalticGold: 4:44pm On Sep 18, 2022
Hear oh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

1962 Members Of Western House Parliament Jumped The Gate. (Picture) / 13 Famous Proverbs Of MKO Abiola / Bandits Release Video Of Kidnapped Kaduna Train Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.