Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Something Happened Some Months Ago!!!. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Something Happened Some Months Ago!!!. (406 Views)

Something Happened Today That Made Me Think About Our Kids! / Zambian Girl Who Was "Buried" 2 Years Ago Walks Back To Her Parents' House / McCaughey Septuplets: Lady Who Gave Birth To 7 Children 21 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Something Happened Some Months Ago!!!. by Buzzapper: 2:42pm On Sep 18, 2022
Something happened some months ago.

One Old woman(should be close to or more than 70) i do buy groundnuts in bottles from, one day, on my way back home, i decided to branch and buy groundnut from her. On getting there, she wasn’t looking happy at all so i asked, mma, why are u ...like this? She told me someone stole from her & she began to narrate how it happened.I put off the car engine while i listened. She said one man & woman drove in an SUV to her stand & the woman asked the price for a bottle of Cashew nuts & after which collected some bottles ...but asked if she accepts transfer? She said no. How about POS? She said she doesn’t but directed them to the next street where they’ll withdraw via POS to pay her. She thought they were honest so they went away with the nuts thinking they’ll return to pay her but never did...

...She was crying that those items weren’t hers but she do collect from another to sell and make little profit to support herself. I started consoling her and tried to pacify her. I bought a bottle of groundnut, paid & told her i will be back. So as i drove away, i started feeling uneasy and kept having that feeling that i should assist this woman. So the next day, i went to the ATM, withdrew money & went back to her. I asked her how much was the total sum stolen from her, she told me, I asked her to bring 1 bottle of cashew nut and paid her ...while adding the complete money stolen from her.

She counted it and said i overpaid her. I told her NO, i didn’t that the excess is the money they stole from her. That those that stole from her will receive punishment soon. She started crying again, praying and drawing attention to where i parked. She hugged me & i left. So for a while,I’ve not passed that route only for me to do so yesterday to buy groundnut & she was in a cheerful spirit & asked where have i been that she has been looking for me ooo that something happened.

I asked her what?

She said one afternoon, last week, some people in a car came to her stand & started begging her i.e one young lady(her daughter) & 2 men while the woman was sitting at the back. They told her that the woman at the back of the car offended her. She was confused until they assisted the woman out of the car that was wen she recognized her with a swollen mouth. That she has been sick and all treatment administered to her didn’t work until they decided to investigate further and it was revealed she has offended someone.

To cut the story short, they paid her the complete money before they left. That it was like magic or film and she has not seen this b4. She said she wants to pay me back, I told her NO, that she should keep it and be more careful next time that not all that come to buy from her are actually ...genuine.

That the vengeance was very speedy, I’m happy and everyone should be careful after which i left.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Something Happened Some Months Ago!!!. by Septagon: 2:45pm On Sep 18, 2022
E sound like nollywood movie.lol
Re: Something Happened Some Months Ago!!!. by Duchessree(f): 2:54pm On Sep 18, 2022
Well, we give all the praises to God
Re: Something Happened Some Months Ago!!!. by Lanshile(m): 3:04pm On Sep 18, 2022
Re: Something Happened Some Months Ago!!!. by sisisioge: 3:05pm On Sep 18, 2022
How could they do that to an obvious less privileged? Even if mama owns the goods, how much could possibly be her gain? It is well....sometimes, we dont think of the effect our ills have on others. Whew!

2 Likes

Re: Something Happened Some Months Ago!!!. by PlayerMeji: 3:05pm On Sep 18, 2022
Hmmm....

Things you read on Twitter these days!
Re: Something Happened Some Months Ago!!!. by Cutehector(m): 3:07pm On Sep 18, 2022
Very good..please use that vengeance to swear for bad leaders that have been robbing the masses.

2 Likes

Re: Something Happened Some Months Ago!!!. by faithfull18(f): 9:43pm On Sep 18, 2022
If it happened for real then nice one.

(1) (Reply)

What Have You Done For Your Parents This Year? / Do You Have A Picture With You Dad? / Father, 68, With 102 Children Has Finally Decided To Stop Having Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.