Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown (19276 Views)

Traders Threaten Showdown With Government Over Arrest Of Anambra Market Leader / Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) / Twitter Ban: Mark Gbillah Threatens To Ground Plenary If House Prevents Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Mikebj: 6:12am On Sep 19, 2022
Thanks God say no be only school bi sources to make it in life, my fellow students don't join the protest o, dis buhari govt no get pity for humans ooo,if anything happens e don happened be that o, nobody go reason u again ur chapter don closed bi dat, anytime make them like make dem open school , but I know say every re Ward dey for heaven .if d govt do good for students den go see am if na bad too dsame,if ASUU do good for students dem go c am if na bad too dsame

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by tony0806: 6:15am On Sep 19, 2022
SyrusdeHansome:
I hope you'll be part of the protesterst because i don't wanna hear any bad news concerning the protesting students. We all knw how wicked this current apc administration is so i don't support studnts to do anyfin that will take their lives cos nobody will fight 4 them after they're gone

Then if NANS refuse to fight for the Nigerian students, you'll still be saying that nans is light hearted. So how else do you want Nigerian students to fight for their rights?
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by FreeStuffsNG: 6:22am On Sep 19, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:

Tooreda:

You obviously have no clue on things like this so stay on your lane of hurling insults perhaps until such rudeness costs you something in life.

1 Like

Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by bhella10: 6:22am On Sep 19, 2022
This protest at the Airport would give Nigeria police the opportunity to even scores with these hoodlums.
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by LionofAfrica1(m): 6:23am On Sep 19, 2022
[Never heard or seen a more foolish comment in my life]

Yorubas leading the fight against government, disrupting movement of highways, ensuring their voices are heard by demanding their rights from Govt.

U won't see our hairy neighbour here, but if its online they would have beat their chest n be forming something with their new pet(Edo people)

NANS should on to demand their right, public Education is dying gradually [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Tooreda: 6:28am On Sep 19, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

You obviously have no clue on things like this so stay on your lane of hurling insults perhaps until such rudeness costs you something in life.

Mr have clue. Your suggestion is crap
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Emilo(m): 6:29am On Sep 19, 2022
NANS shouldn't have made it a public news. They should have stormed the airport unannounced. They might have even met some politicians traveling and catch them by surprise. E for shock them.

As it is they have lost this one.

1 Like

Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by ObosiUkwalla: 6:31am On Sep 19, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
In one breadth they are in court, in another they are breaking the law. They will not help ASUU or politicians funding them.
FG has no N1.3 trillion for ASUU, SSANU, NASU, NAAT so the students should demand that FG and the unions raise school fees to make up the differencs and make FG stop creating new universities.
check my signature for free stuffs!

Shebi u won't shut up and go sell your fake ebooks in peace

1 Like

Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by onome2013: 6:34am On Sep 19, 2022
But bros Bubu has jetted out already. Any need
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Antoeni(m): 6:34am On Sep 19, 2022
This same useless political party that has grounded Nigeria is still canvassing for votes for next year.
If you vote for APC, it will not be well with you.

2 Likes

Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by ObosiUkwalla: 6:37am On Sep 19, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Urchin, you always reason from ur anus, hence the upside down comment you always make

3 Likes

Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by KangaIye: 6:42am On Sep 19, 2022
Long Overdue
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by BetterNija: 6:42am On Sep 19, 2022
This protest if started , will surely be hijacked by the Igbos and see it as another opportunity to set Lagos on � Fire ... Mind u , Lagos state is not the only state in Nigeria with present of international airport . We have other states from other region having international airport.
The rate at which the SW part of the country , especially Lagos state is suffering from National problem is alarming and a fact to how much this people wanna pull us down .
In d Military dictatorship days , it's Lagos that host all the rallies against the dictator..
In the days of OBASANJO, it's same Lagos that all the protest against his government are hold.
In the days of Jonathan, it was same ..
Now, in days of Buhari, it's burn down Lagos ...
No wahala

1 Like

Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Typicool8(m): 7:00am On Sep 19, 2022
BetterNija:
This protest if started , will surely be hijacked by the Igbos and see it as another opportunity to set Lagos on � Fire ... Mind u , Lagos state is not the only state in Nigeria with present of international airport . We have other states from other region having international airport.
The rate at which the SW part of the country , especially Lagos state is suffering from National problem is alarming and a fact to how much this people wanna pull us down .
In d Military dictatorship days , it's Lagos that host all the rallies against the dictator..
In the days of OBASANJO, it's same Lagos that all the protest against his government are hold.
In the days of Jonathan, it was same ..
Now, in days of Buhari, it's burn down Lagos ...
No wahala

Just shut your dirty mouth if you don't have anything tangible to say

1 Like

Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by shang002: 7:03am On Sep 19, 2022
NANS is clueless, The truth is that they are protesting in the wrong way, if NANS want us to believe that they are really fighting for the students They should go and protest in ASO ROCK or the federal secretariat in Abuja. blocking roads or airports is wrong because it will affect the masses. have they thought of emergencies that need to get to the hospital in time or someone that already used his/her last money to book for air ticket or someone that the time will affect to get to his or her destination may be for an interview or any other purposes.

We quickly jump to violence because we do not think properly, we are affecting our parents because of our actions. don't be surprised that most NANS officials are political tools and do not have the interest of students at heart. check their ages and you will understand. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by SALLYBERRY01(m): 7:09am On Sep 19, 2022
Good development
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Goodoldays(m): 7:12am On Sep 19, 2022
alcuin:
To be honest, I think the FG has tried it's best to resolve these issues with ASUU.

The only thing that's not stopping the strike from going on is ASUU's demand to be paid for the time they are on strike. Basically being paid for no work. ASUU is the selfish party here. NANS should do well and protest against ASUU.

I know it's very easy for Nigerians to always blame government in every issue. In fact, it's the default attitude of most Nigerians, even before understanding the issues.

ASUU is trying to armtwist and blackmail the government, in my opinion. No one gets 100% of their terms in negotiation. ASUU wants the FG to do things in their way.

My advice to FG is to privatise the Universities once and for all. Then provide student loans through an education board. This way, FG directly invests in the education of the students.

FG should strip itself of some responsibilities.

So you think it’s stone the lecturers have been feeding family for over six months they were on strike,what about their children school fees,other responsibilities they have been on.Some of them are really in serious debt hoping on whenever they call off the strike they will get their pay.

Is it their fault that they are on strike,why can’t you people have sympathy or atleast put yourself in their shoes,why do you lots always like to over pamper a govt that doesn’t care about you?

You see that backlog,they must pay it,if they don’t have the money,let them cut all this useless salaries and allowances they take every month to pay them

No be for this government you say money no dey one person dey thief 156 billion naira and we never here anything about his prosecution again?

They should pay every dime ASUU is asking for,they earned it.

1 Like

Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by lacastre: 7:14am On Sep 19, 2022
I won’t take them serious again if they back down
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by shang002: 7:21am On Sep 19, 2022
Goodoldays:

So you think it’s stone the lecturers have been feeding family for over six months they were on strike,what about their children school fees,other responsibilities they have been on.Some of them are really in serious debt hoping on whenever they call off the strike they will get their pay.

Is it their fault that they are on strike,why can’t you people have sympathy or atleast put yourself in their shoes,why do you lots always like to over pamper a govt that doesn’t care about you?

You see that backlog,they must pay it,if they don’t have the money,let them cut all this useless salaries and allowances they take every month to pay them

No be for this government you say money no dey one person dey thief 156 billion naira and we never here anything about his prosecution again?

They should pay every dime ASUU is asking for,they earned it.

You may be right to some point, the truth is everybody is selfish. The ASUU, The Federal Government. Some of the Lecturers are working in private universities. It is only the student that is suffering. have you thought about this, why state universities joined the ASUU strike since they are not going to get any benefits from the strike? Every 2 years, ASUU must strike to ask for one thing or the other. the value of education has decreased. Imagine the ASUU saying they will cover 7 Months curriculum in 3 Months.

Who is paying the state university lecturers, is it the federal government or the state government? why has Lautech or any other state universities joined? Who is the employer here?

1 Like

Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by prigoz(m): 7:29am On Sep 19, 2022
inoki247:
Anything Police I no dey go near am nd I see say na dem dey play the victim card now...

Dem go deal with u provoke u dem no go record that na when you start to react dem go start to record...
So, what are saying, fear is tools of cowards, if our airport is shut down, knowing fully well that Bandits are on our roads attacking innocent civilians and rogue politicians have no escape route, FG will be forced to call off the strike. So I am 100 % in support of the closure of our airports by protesting students
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Voiceofthestree: 7:30am On Sep 19, 2022
fman:
Lekki shoot out
Part 2 loading
Different location.

If he happens again a Nigerian will never remain the same Mark my words
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by inoki247: 7:33am On Sep 19, 2022
prigoz:

So, what are saying, fear is tools of cowards, if our airport is shut down, knowing fully well that Bandits are on our roads attacking innocent civilians and rogue politicians have no escape route, FG will be forced to call off the strike. So I am 100 % in support of the closure of our airports by protesting students

Lol you think this Govt av sympathy if life don tire u na u know...

1 Like

Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Adedapo57: 7:38am On Sep 19, 2022
fman:
Lekki shoot out
Part 2 loading
Different location.
i swear... this government is extremely irresponsible... but why?
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Seyong10(m): 7:42am On Sep 19, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
In one breadth they are in court to compel FG and ASUU to resolve the issue, in another they are breaking the law by resorting to this self help nonsense. They will not help ASUU or politicians funding them.

FG has no N1.3 trillion for ASUU, SSANU, NASU, NAAT so the students should demand that FG and the unions raise school fees to make up the difference and make FG stop creating new universities.

Some of those fees in FG universities are completely impractical .For example, paying N90 for accommodation for 1 full session in 2022 to enjoy all hostel facilities and services is ludicrous because it is not even up to the cost to print the reciept!!

Full scholarships should go to only serious, hardworking and diligent students who are top in both character and learning , nowhere in the world is free or subsidized university education for academically weak and unserious students who fail because of their unseriousness and end up being kicked out of the university after wasting the slot. It is completely inappropriate use of scarce resources to subsidize university 'student' who is not serious in character and learning.

Those 'students' with a horrible entitlement mentality, lazy youth idlying away on social media insulting Buhari and others old enough to be their grandparents should pay full raised fees to get them to become serious enough to switch back to scholars. University education that can not be completely free should devote its free services from scarce resources to only those students who take scholarship and university education serious.

check my signature for free stuffs!

It's obvious you don't/didn't school here.. do you even have an idea of what students experience?? Have you seen spoken to students from better countries, even Ghana here and compare their experiences with Nigerians. Are you talking about same hostel where 15 students sleep in a room like prisoners?? Have you experienced how they take lectures? Some even sit on window frames. Some lecturers don't have chairs in their office, they resort to sitting on stools bro. How many Nigerian public universities can boast of a working and functional laboratory. They shift lectures cos of poor electricity.. these are little out of many..
you're being insensitive and sentimental. Lecturers in Ghana earn over 1.2m, a prof in Nigeria earns max of 450k.. mehn bro, it's really not fair
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Oejozeff(m): 7:42am On Sep 19, 2022
I'm sorry guys for poping in.
You guys have been supporting me from day one.
Guys please check out the animation I did recently with my PC (laptop) and please don't forget to comment, I believe you guys comment will improve me cry cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv1TG1wUzWE

1 Like

Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Seyong10(m): 7:47am On Sep 19, 2022
alcuin:
To be honest, I think the FG has tried it's best to resolve these issues with ASUU.

The only thing that's not stopping the strike from going on is ASUU's demand to be paid for the time they are on strike. Basically being paid for no work. ASUU is the selfish party here. NANS should do well and protest against ASUU.

I know it's very easy for Nigerians to always blame government in every issue. In fact, it's the default attitude of most Nigerians, even before understanding the issues.

ASUU is trying to armtwist and blackmail the government, in my opinion. No one gets 100% of their terms in negotiation. ASUU wants the FG to do things in their way.

My advice to FG is to privatise the Universities once and for all. Then provide student loans through an education board. This way, FG directly invests in the education of the students.

FG should strip itself of some responsibilities.
Educational system in Nigeria is far gone.. rotten is an understatement.. you need to see the real picture. ASUU president is ok and fine.. this battle is mainly for students and lecturers
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Goodoldays(m): 7:51am On Sep 19, 2022
shang002:

You may be right to some point, the truth is everybody is selfish. The ASUU, The Federal Government. Some of the Lecturers are working in private universities. It is only the student that is suffering. have you thought about this, why state universities joined the ASUU strike since they are not going to get any benefits from the strike? Every 2 years, ASUU must strike to ask for one thing or the other. the value of education has decreased. Imagine the ASUU saying they will cover 7 Months curriculum in 3 Months.

Who is paying the state university lecturers, is it the federal government or the state government? why has Lautech or any other state universities joined? Who is the employer here?

It’s stated that the govt has refused to honor an agreement they made with ASUU since 2009 and one govt official,I don’t remember his name has the gut to say that it’s not their govt that ASUU made that agreement with.Can you imagine what someone is saying,so govt now is an individual,were they not aware of the agreement before they campaigned to become that government.

The truth is,this present regime doesn’t rate education at all.ASUU has been condoning their excesses.

Whether some lecturers work in private universities or not,it’s no one’s business,they did not break any law,just like everyone that’s striving in this bad economy,you can do two appointments if you can do it well just so you can earn enough for your family

Bros forget matter,our govt deserves no pity,they are very wicked,they should pay ASUU that backlog,it’s non negotiable.
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by ChineduOC: 8:10am On Sep 19, 2022
tony0806:
If this will remind those in authority about the continued stay at home by the students; then why not?
Will you join them? Don't say you are not a student. Do it for your coming generation
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by FreeStuffsNG: 8:11am On Sep 19, 2022
Seyong10:

It's obvious you don't/didn't school here.. do you even have an idea of what students experience?? Have you seen spoken to students from better countries, even Ghana here and compare their experiences with Nigerians. Are you talking about same hostel where 15 students sleep in a room like prisoners?? Have you experienced how they take lectures? Some even sit on window frames. Some lecturers don't have chairs in their office, they resort to sitting on stools bro. How many Nigerian public universities can boast of a working and functional laboratory. They shift lectures cos of poor electricity.. these are little out of many..
you're being insensitive and sentimental. Lecturers in Ghana earn over 1.2m, a prof in Nigeria earns max of 450k.. mehn bro, it's really not fair
You really think you are chatting with either an outsider or one of those students deceiving themselves. Squatting with others does not make 15 students alloted a 4-8 man room and these lamentations need to stop. So much unserious students and unserious staffers in the public university system who are being enabled with all these rots. They were all sleeping when FG was creating universities yet want to keep charging N90 for accommodation?

Which university in same Ghana you mentioned charges N90 for accommodation or has the kind of huge population of unserious students and staffers like we have in Nigeria? Universities have been locked for months yet everyone is decieving theirselves. Raise fees to increase funding to universities and give 100% scholarship to serious students. Everyone can start 100 level at subsidized fees but when you get to universities and not serious with your academics, pay the raised fees shikena

1 Like

Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Yandex22: 8:18am On Sep 19, 2022
That's not the way the Best is to go to aso rock.
Meanwhile if you wanna make money online the easy way just read this.
Title:None,Content:I have got an online project work, I have been doing this kind of project work for 5 years. I have 25 workers who are still working with me for the past 3 years and this time I need 7 workers to complete this project. It's a short and easy work like copy and paste.
This project work will continue for 3 months and to do the work you will need a mobile phone or PC.
Every day you have to work at least 8 hours and you can do this from anywhere.
If you work with me then I will pay you $30 per hour ,so if you're interested complete this task below. Thanks for your response here's the link sh-link.me/lsFKE or copy the link to your browser
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Dalnadoni: 8:31am On Sep 19, 2022
All i know is that if a shootout mistakeinly happen there today and any student loses his/her live, then APC govenment is done for in this country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Implications Of APC Governors Meeting With Wike And Tinubu's Sure Ticket / How Oshiomhole’s Doggedness To Protect Buhari In NASS Pitted Him Against Govs / Ganduje: No State Fights Corruption In Nigeria More Than Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.