Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown (19284 Views)

Traders Threaten Showdown With Government Over Arrest Of Anambra Market Leader / Ukrainian, Polish Police Threaten To Shoot Unarmed African Students (Videos) / Twitter Ban: Mark Gbillah Threatens To Ground Plenary If House Prevents Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Albertgr8: 8:49am On Sep 19, 2022
Let them have it in mind that Buhari is against education
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Jamesbiodun(m): 8:50am On Sep 19, 2022
My advice is the students to get guns and charms coz this van be endsars reloaded
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by MarketDispatch: 8:53am On Sep 19, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Suggest a way out. It is not funny. N1.3 trillion is huge and not achievable especially for as long as fees are not raised and universities not privatised

How many 1.3 trillion can be taken out of the 16.3 trillion that was given as waivers to
Dangote and various companies?
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by kumulus(m): 8:59am On Sep 19, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

FG has no N1.3 trillion for ASUU, SSANU, NASU, NAAT so the students should demand that FG and the unions raise school fees to make up the difference and make FG stop creating new universities.

….but same FG is allowed to concession multiple trillions in CIT and VAT to it’s cronies when there are multiple sectors requiring same funds??
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by macho44(m): 8:59am On Sep 19, 2022

Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Benchilwell: 9:00am On Sep 19, 2022
Komu1048:

Yorubas leading the fight against government, disrupting movement of highways, ensuring their voices are heard by demanding their rights from Govt.

U won't see our hairy neighbour here, but if its online they would have beat their chest n be forming something with their new pet(Edo people)

NANS should on to demand their right, public Education is dying gradually
so only Yoruba made up all d student in Lagos, a state that have many tribe population students, I can say most of d foolish pple and foolish statement or comment in Nairaland are all u pple that put everything tribalism, whether be igbo,Yoruba, fulani,hausa, Calabar etc
Go buy sense, because u have none

1 Like

Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by FreeStuffsNG: 9:00am On Sep 19, 2022
kumulus:

….but same FG is allowed to concession multiple trillions in CIT and VAT to it’s cronies when there are multiple sectors requiring same funds??

MarketDispatch:

How many 1.3 trillion can be taken out of the 16.3 trillion that was given as waivers to
Dangote and various companies?
Lobatan. Apparently, you belief that waivers means cash was doled out abi? smh.
Please go and read up on these things wink Most of you do not even understand how govt works and that is why those in govt you criticize ignorantly do not take you serious.
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Naijaolosho2: 9:07am On Sep 19, 2022
niel63:

grin grin grin did you just say "raise school fees" ? From which money abeg? People are hungry... you dey say raise school fees. Shey you know say some people dey do shit just to pay fees ba? Then imagine raising the level of shit they have to do.

Agba,two hands up for you. You're damn right on this one.
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by viodemus: 9:30am On Sep 19, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
In one breadth they are in court to compel FG and ASUU to resolve the issue, in another they are breaking the law by resorting to this self help nonsense. They will not help ASUU or politicians funding them.

FG has no N1.3 trillion for ASUU, SSANU, NASU, NAAT so the students should demand that FG and the unions raise school fees to make up the difference and make FG stop creating new universities.

Some of those fees in FG universities are completely impractical .For example, paying N90 for accommodation for 1 full session in 2022 to enjoy all hostel facilities and services is ludicrous because it is not even up to the cost to print the reciept!!

Full scholarships should go to only serious, hardworking and diligent students who are top in both character and learning , nowhere in the world is free or subsidized university education for academically weak and unserious students who fail because of their unseriousness and end up being kicked out of the university after wasting the slot. It is completely inappropriate use of scarce resources to subsidize university 'student' who is not serious in character and learning.

Those 'students' with a horrible entitlement mentality, lazy youth idlying away on social media insulting Buhari and others old enough to be their grandparents should pay full raised fees to get them to become serious enough to switch back to scholars. University education that can not be completely free should devote its free services from scarce resources to only those students who take scholarship and university education serious.

check my signature for free stuffs!

I appreciate your first three paragraphs.

Real talk.
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Gokoyer1401: 9:34am On Sep 19, 2022
FG knows that many Nigerian students will not pay back any shishi. This is not western world that systems really work. Many Nigerians need reorientation. We have read about people getting loan and destroyed their sim cards when the loan provider want to collect their money.
alcuin:
To be honest, I think the FG has tried it's best to resolve these issues with ASUU.

The only thing that's not stopping the strike from going on is ASUU's demand to be paid for the time they are on strike. Basically being paid for no work. ASUU is the selfish party here. NANS should do well and protest against ASUU.

I know it's very easy for Nigerians to always blame government in every issue. In fact, it's the default attitude of most Nigerians, even before understanding the issues.

ASUU is trying to armtwist and blackmail the government, in my opinion. No one gets 100% of their terms in negotiation. ASUU wants the FG to do things in their way.

My advice to FG is to privatise the Universities once and for all. Then provide student loans through an education board. This way, FG directly invests in the education of the students.

FG should strip itself of some responsibilities.
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by kumulus(m): 9:34am On Sep 19, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Lobatan. Apparently, you belief that waivers means cash was doled out abi? smh.
Please go and read up on these things wink Most of you do not even understand how govt works and that is why those in govt you criticize ignorantly do not take you serious.

Interesting how you know what I believe grin

The point is we need transparency when it comes to government policies and their implementation, tax reliefs are ‘usually’ geared towards steering economic growth every ss1 student knows that (it’s not rocket science). My question; who’s winning here in the long run, the businessmen, government or the populace.

What are the terms and objectives of conceding these rates?

Being well informed, you and those in government “we criticize ignorantly” would best serve us the ignorant ones by educating us.

Moreover, true leadership is all about service.
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by FreeStuffsNG: 9:39am On Sep 19, 2022
kumulus:

These information are in public domain and can be accessed by all. One of them is pioneer status and there is tax credits just signed into law last year.
That is why I suggested you read up. Ignorance is not an excuse wink
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by anayolity: 9:44am On Sep 19, 2022
alcuin:
To be honest, I think the FG has tried it's best to resolve these issues with ASUU.

The only thing that's not stopping the strike from going on is ASUU's demand to be paid for the time they are on strike. Basically being paid for no work. ASUU is the selfish party here. NANS should do well and protest against ASUU.

I know it's very easy for Nigerians to always blame government in every issue. In fact, it's the default attitude of most Nigerians, even before understanding the issues.

ASUU is trying to armtwist and blackmail the government, in my opinion. No one gets 100% of their terms in negotiation. ASUU wants the FG to do things in their way.

My advice to FG is to privatise the Universities once and for all. Then provide student loans through an education board. This way, FG directly invests in the education of the students.

FG should strip itself of some responsibilities.

Bro I feel nothing for the government, ASUU didnt demand to stay that long at home and if they have warning the government for some time before they went on strike then it is quite justifiable. The government has enough energy to borrow billions and trillions to spend on useless things that has no effect in the life of a common and yet cannot sustain education.

Since the history of Nigeria, when has there been a case of the government owning the senators and other law makers but almost every 2 years ASUU embarks on strike over demands that have lingered over the years. Its not fair.
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Komu1048(m): 9:47am On Sep 19, 2022
Benchilwell:
so only Yoruba made up all d student in Lagos, a state that have many tribe population students, I can say most of d foolish pple and foolish statement or comment in Nairaland are all u pple that put everything tribalism, whether be igbo,Yoruba, fulani,hausa, Calabar etc
Go buy sense, because u have none

If you haven't been be clouded by hate, u will see where I said LEADING. Let Igbos block Asaba to Onitsha esp way n pick other Nigerian with them, they must replicate what they r doing online
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by kumulus(m): 9:50am On Sep 19, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

These information are in public domain and can be accessed by all. One of them is pioneer status and there is tax credits just signed into law last year.
That is why I suggested you read up. Ignorance is not an excuse wink

Thanks

You sure didn’t hurt now that you gave these pointers.
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by alcuin(m): 9:51am On Sep 19, 2022
anayolity:

Bro I feel nothing for the government, ASUU didnt demand to stay that long at home and if they have warning the government for some time before they went on strike then it is quite justifiable. The government has enough energy to borrow billions and trillions to spend on useless things that has no effect in the life of a common and yet cannot sustain education.

Since the history of Nigeria, when has there been a case of the government owning the senators and other law makers but almost every 2 years ASUU embarks on strike over demands that have lingered over the years. Its not fair.

I'm very sure you don't understand the reason for this strike. It's not because government is owing ASUU salaries. Government has never owed ASUU salaries in recent times.

Senators and lawmakers are not civil servants.

The NASS is an arm of government and has it's budget just like State Governments. The question of owing them salaries is out of the question altogether. They aren't workers.
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Benchilwell: 10:03am On Sep 19, 2022
Komu1048:

If you haven't been be clouded by hate, u will see where I said LEADING. Let Igbos block Asaba to Onitsha esp way n pick other Nigerian with them, they must replicate what they r doing online
pls attack other Igbo who like tribalism like u,not me, because I hate anything tribalism,even if u are my bro or came for tribe,but love tribelism,I will still hate u with passion. Peace out
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Komu1048(m): 10:16am On Sep 19, 2022
Benchilwell:
pls attack other Igbo who like tribalism like u,not me, because I hate anything tribalism,even if u are my bro or came for tribe,but love tribelism,I will still hate u with passion. Peace out

Ok, but in case u should know. U r the only igbo on this detribalize mission
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Benchilwell: 10:20am On Sep 19, 2022
Komu1048:

Ok, but in case u should know. U r the only igbo on this detribalize mission
yes I hate it, because my mum is from ogun state, but mind u they many Yoruba who are tribelism also and not and they are many Igbo who are tribelism and not,not only me in detribalize mission.
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by niel63(m): 11:01am On Sep 19, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Suggest a way out. It is not funny. N1.3 trillion is huge and not achievable especially for as long as fees are not raised and universities not privatised

While should I suggest a way out for an irresponsible government?
Why do they have to owe them in the first instance? Owing people that impact knowledge and grows the society, while your senators and states men live in lavish.
Nigeria get problem. Even if they like, make them increase the fee by 100%... them go still owe. I mean, na their character.
Which day them increase tariffs sef. VAT 7.5%

Oya tell me the positive impact of that increment so far.
The government no know wetin dem dey do brotherly...
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Beedude(m): 11:02am On Sep 19, 2022
They should go to ABUJA airport and ground it. Why always trying to cause mishaps in Lagos?
We all know Buhari reside in ABUJA, let them go there and not affect innocent Lagosians like END SARS protest.

Why always LAGOS ?
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by MoneyMustBMade(m): 11:12am On Sep 19, 2022
Shey na una vote apc in, una go see shege tire
React to anything they do and collect some bullet

Apc is an evil party
Apc is PDP pro max because they are still the same that bad people in pdp
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by N3TRAL: 11:20am On Sep 19, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
In one breadth they are in court to compel FG and ASUU to resolve the issue, in another they are breaking the law by resorting to this self help nonsense. They will not help ASUU or politicians funding them.

Some of those fees in FG universities are completely impractical .For example, paying N90 for accommodation for 1 full session in 2022 to enjoy all hostel facilities and services is ludicrous because it is not even up to the cost to print the reciept!!

Full scholarships should go to only serious, hardworking and diligent students who are top in both character and learning , nowhere in the world is free or subsidized university education for academically weak and unserious students who fail because of their unseriousness and end up being kicked out of the university after wasting the slot. It is completely inappropriate use of scarce resources to subsidize university 'student' who is not serious in character and learning.

Those 'students' with a horrible entitlement mentality, lazy youth idlying away on social media insulting Buhari and others old enough to be their grandparents should pay full raised fees to get them to become serious enough to switch back to scholars. University education that can not be completely free should devote its free services from scarce resources to only those students who take scholarship and university education serious.

check my signature for free stuffs!

Thank you!
This is the solution I proposed last night below:

https://www.nairaland.com/7339114/tale-three-pilots-plane#116797494

2 Likes

Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by 201ibikeye: 11:48am On Sep 19, 2022
NasoOnly Airport and cows b d only thing this govt take seriousNasoOnly Airport and cows b d only thing this govt take serious...
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Desusi: 11:54am On Sep 19, 2022
Wisdom is profitable to direct.Let necessary apparatus be put in place. Otherwise, we may be reading another horrible story soon again.

1 Like

Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Talawaka: 12:31pm On Sep 19, 2022
Viva le students!

National Association Of Nigeria Students Have Occupied Murtalah M International Airport This morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daCYnqzqcE8

1 Like

Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by TheGreatIYANU: 1:41pm On Sep 19, 2022
They goofed by announcing their plans... except this is a trojan horse operation for a bigger blockade.
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by sharone21(f): 3:49am On Sep 20, 2022
Una no see where to block, na airport where commoners dey try to escape Naija from life long savings?

Go and block Ministries of Education, Labor etc and as u are doing that discuss/negotiate WELL with ASUU so they compromise a bit and not stand unshaken on a selfish goal.

Peace
Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by Fortruth: 4:13am On Sep 20, 2022
aycapri:
Dey should take it easy, cos anything that has to do with police for this our country ehn

EHN what?

The country is finished....finished in 1914... Just patch patch so that some foreign interest can continue to take resources of certain ancient kingdoms and city states...

Oh, so because there is flag and name you feel you are a nation? LOL

Illusion things Negro
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Students To Ground Lagos Airport, Police Threaten Showdown by aycapri(m): 11:43am On Sep 20, 2022
Fortruth:

EHN what?

The country is finished....finished in 1914... Just patch patch so that some foreign interest can continue to take resources of certain ancient kingdoms and city states...

Oh, so because there is flag and name you feel you are a nation? LOL

Illusion things Negro
Nonsense
you burst my brain o, lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tension In Enugu As Chime Fails To Return / PDP May Not Participate In Edo Guber Elections, INEC Warns / SERAP Asks Buhari To Drop Plan To Borrow Dormant Account Balances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.