Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,251 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

Funkybaby Help Pls! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Funkybaby Help Pls! (2039 Views)

Pls Help Pls : Poland Visa From Nigeria ,Does It Takes 3 Weeks NOW? / I Am In Turkey, I Needed Help Pls. / Japanese Visa Requirement,help pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funkybaby Help Pls! by mia2804(f): 8:51pm On Aug 20, 2007
ok thank u very much. i actually sent a mail to ur box, hope u dont mind and hope ul respond to that because its kind of detailed.
Re: Funkybaby Help Pls! by funkybaby(f): 7:46am On Aug 21, 2007
@mia2804

i do not mind. i will try and respond to it by evening. have you gone CAREFULLY through the visa appeal thread?
Re: Funkybaby Help Pls! by naijatown(m): 10:27am On Aug 22, 2007
Hello Funkybaby,

Am pleased to learn of this forum.It serves as a veritable place for Nigerians(both home and abroad) to express their profoud opinions on a myriad of issues.

Ive been reading your many contributions to this forum and I have in no small way benifitted from other peoples experiences,testimonies and advice.Perhaps it would have been better if I had discovered this forum before I submitted my application to the britsh high commission in lagos ,for a student's visa!

I kindly request the team of experts on visa issues to please advise me ,as i believe my case is a litte peculiar to the ones Ive been reading about so far.

I recently submitted an application to study for an msc(international business) in london.i have studied in the uk as a minor from 1981 till 1987(am 28 now).I was accompanied by late father.I was in the Uk legally and stayed with white guardians througout my time as a student in the uk.However in 1987 my late father requested i return to Nigeria to continue with my studies.Since 1987 ive been actively engaged in my studies.I would like to state however that the name i travelled under is quite different from the name i was to later bear as a student in the uk.The reason i was told was that the whites found it hard to pronouce my original name and for the convenience of everyone i had to adopt my late father's first name as my surname.Unfortuately I also can't find my passsport aand therefore have little evidence of my past travels as all my travel documents were in the possession of my late father.All i have is two certificates awarded to me in london and an old pix of me in my british school uniform.I have submitted these documents as supporting documents with my application form.

Am a graduate(bsc business administration) and i have 1 and a half years working experience.I now run my own business in nigeria.

I inherited shares from my late father and the dividends are paid in USD into my dorm account .

My sponsor(although i really don't need a sponsor)is my mother's step brother.They don't share my mother's maiden name.He has provided me with his shares certificate ,statement of account,receipts ,invoices,affidavit,and letter of support.

I have provided my business registration,statement of account in naira and USD.my business invoice,receipts and statement of purpose and receipts for 50% deposit payment of tuition fees.

I did state in the form that i had visited the uk before ,i also stated that my current passport was not the first issued me.Although i missed to state the name differences in my od passport.

1.i would like to find out if my previous stay in the uk will affect my current application.

2.will the british high commission hold against me the fact that i cannot produce my previous passport .

3.With this new biometric system can they trace my details in my old passport and if so if they find out about the slight differences in my name how will this affect my application.
Re: Funkybaby Help Pls! by Imani(f): 12:11pm On Aug 22, 2007
@ Funkybaby, Armed lion or is it Vicjustice?

Please everyone should calm down. The original poster wanted "advice" from funkybaby. So how come all of a sudden Armed Lion appeared and attacked Funky when she had previously had issues with Vicjustice.

I stand to be corrected again. I noticed Vicjustice and Armed lion were always contributing in the same threads and more important had the same writing style. Of course Vicjustice denied being Armed lion and claimed armed lion was his "friend". So which one is it? Vicjustice or Armed lion?

So, the point of my sermon is this, if either of you has a problem with one poster, the other doesnt need to join in.
Re: Funkybaby Help Pls! by Vicjustice: 6:42pm On Aug 22, 2007
Imani, i've always respected you, and i regard your thoughtful posts. But, i must admit that i'm beginning to get upset with you for your undue accusations based on your suspicions.
By the way, what makes it hard for you to believe that i could have a friend in Nairaland?
Would it interest you to realise that you're a close correspondent (in this forum) with my own brother in Canada?
  Well, it's not an ideal to identify him to you, anyway.
  I was considerate enough to tell about Armedlion, but you're rather getting on my nerves: I respect you, and i'd expect you to do the same. Goodday
Re: Funkybaby Help Pls! by Imani(f): 7:11pm On Aug 22, 2007
Vicjustice:

Imani, i've always respected you, and i regard your thoughtful posts. But, i must admit that i'm beginning to get upset with you for your undue accusations based on your suspicions.
1. By the way, what makes it hard for you to believe that i could have a friend in Nairaland?
2. Would it interest you to realise that you're a close correspondent (in this forum) with my own brother in Canada?
  Well, it's not an ideal to identify him to you, anyway.
  I was considerate enough to tell about Armedlion, but you're rather getting on my nerves: I respect you, and i'd expect you to do the same. Goodday

1. If, that is the case, then i apologise for my claims. But i am sure you will agree the fact that the exchanges were getting a bit out of hand, and it was hard to distinguish the two identities especially as both were taking on one person. That is not to say that funkybaby wasn't rude as well.  The point is we are adults most of us anyway on this forum and should treat each other as such.

2. I am surpised i am a "close correspondent" to somebody on nairaland. I only have a few people that i keep in touch with outside nairaland. the only nairalander that i know that is based in canada, is your brother? shocked. Oh well, it is a small world.

Once again, sorry for my accusations if untrue.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Visa Requirements To Vietnam, Laos And Cambodia / Turkey Or Dubai??? Please Help A Freelancer~ / Please How Long Will GTBANK Send Me My Telex After Debit From Form A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.