Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Baby Abuse Should Stop - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Baby Abuse Should Stop (1005 Views)

5 Myths About Sex You Should Stop Believing / 21 Tell Tale Signs Of Emotional Abuse in marriage / (Pic) Mother And Son Bathing Together; Motherly Love Or Child Abuse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby Abuse Should Stop by wilxz(m): 2:58pm On Aug 12, 2011
Its very disheartening walking on the streets of lagos and seeing women with babies on the side walk begging for alms, i dont know were this trend emanated from angry angry angry. My concern is not on the women but one the babies who have to inhale, the dust, smoke from the exhaust of cars, foul smell from refuse and gutters, all these in their tiny precious lungs every single day sad. They run this evil business like a syndicate gang or something. The government and NGO's should really do something about this increasing menace, i still believe we have welfare homes in nigeria sad. The irony of this is that these babies are usually twins, dressed up neatly with football jerseys and they look adorable cry cry cry.
Re: Baby Abuse Should Stop by Biggoozz: 3:14pm On Aug 12, 2011
Seconded, seriously.
Re: Baby Abuse Should Stop by wilxz(m): 8:47am On Aug 16, 2011
The numbers are increasing by the day
Re: Baby Abuse Should Stop by Nobody: 4:11am On Nov 04, 2011
The govt. The ngos. No. The PEOPLE need to step up. If u are concerned have u once stopped n talked to the mothers? The football jerseys may have been gifts. Have u found a way to offer the women employment? Written to Fashola and start a program to stop using babies to beg? To start fining and arresting those who give to beggars? Nigeria is a hard place and on thw flip side barren women will give to beggars with children in hopes of getting blessed. What we need is a centralized way for citizens to give money that can be used to run a
Free food
Re: Baby Abuse Should Stop by Nobody: 4:14am On Nov 04, 2011
a free food kitchen. Its very easy to present problems without offering a viable solution.
Re: Baby Abuse Should Stop by wilxz(m): 2:44pm On Nov 14, 2011
i have actually written a letter to the chairmen of two local government where i happen to witness these things but up till today nottin have been done about it. No reply, No action was taken. So if i write to fashola, how am i sure i will not be wasting my time, if the government closest to me is not taking any action, how am i sure it will even get to Governor fashola.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Want To Secure The Future Of Your Family In The Event Of Any Uncertainty?read This / Burning Question: Why Don’t Men Wear Engagement Rings? / Are You Married To A Non- Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.