Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,759 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Gear Reverse Not Working ! Lexus - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gear Reverse Not Working ! Lexus (2184 Views)

This ₦990k Made-In-Nigeria Keke Comes With Doors & Front/Reverse Cameras / My Honda Accord Vibrate/jerk When Entering First/second Gear And Reverse / Why Use Your Handbrake When The Gear Is On Park(p) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gear Reverse Not Working ! Lexus by Victoriaautos: 10:15pm On Sep 19, 2022
Please help, my lexus gs300 2006 did not enter reverse this morning when it was started, after much switching between park and reverse, it eventually did. This it also seized again and stopped entering reverse, few seconds after it started working again.

I scanned it and here is the code I got

Re: Gear Reverse Not Working ! Lexus by sultaan(m): 1:59am On Sep 20, 2022
Victoriaautos:
Please help, my lexus gs300 2006 did not enter reverse this morning when it was started, after much switching between park and reverse, it eventually did. This it also seized again and stopped entering reverse, few seconds after it started working again.

I scanned it and here is the code I got

Your mechanic has to get under the car and check the condition of the shift solenoid, normally he should have used a bidirectional scan tool to actuate, but you may just have to replace it in the trans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz_gjj4Jdq0

1 Like

Re: Gear Reverse Not Working ! Lexus by Victoriaautos: 10:56am On Sep 20, 2022
sultaan:

Your mechanic has to get under the car and check the condition of the shift solenoid, normally he should have used a bidirectional scan tool to actuate, but you may just have to replace it in the trans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz_gjj4Jdq0

How much does it cost to replace the solenoid?
Re: Gear Reverse Not Working ! Lexus by Victoriaautos: 2:03pm On Sep 21, 2022
cry
Re: Gear Reverse Not Working ! Lexus by Angrygoat: 9:15pm On Sep 21, 2022
Pls don't go to mechanic yet. I can rem when my gear didn't enter reverse and the rpm kept miscalculated my acceleration. All these while,it was the tube connecting to my radiator that was the culprit. First check your gear stick if oil is there or not,tmrw morning try to reverse again. If it doesn't engage ,off engine,jack up the car a ll bit gonunder the car,look at the gear connecting to the engine part,if there is oil drip,if there is no oil drip,check the gear tube going to radiator if its leaking oil and lastly if your gear stick oil levels shows empty. Oh bobs ,that lexus can ne er be the same again. Your what,your engine must come down. Hahahahahaha. By the way,the YouTube video is a toyota supra engine naturally aspirated straight six indestructible engine,while yours is an aluminium v6 engine. Yours is over fragile. Just sell the car like that. Pls

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gear Reverse Not Working ! Lexus by UgoFly: 4:05pm On Mar 28, 2023
Angrygoat:
Pls don't go to mechanic yet. I can rem when my gear didn't enter reverse and the rpm kept miscalculated my acceleration. All these while,it was the tube connecting to my radiator that was the culprit. First check your gear stick if oil is there or not,tmrw morning try to reverse again. If it doesn't engage ,off engine,jack up the car a ll bit gonunder the car,look at the gear connecting to the engine part,if there is oil drip,if there is no oil drip,check the gear tube going to radiator if its leaking oil and lastly if your gear stick oil levels shows empty. Oh bobs ,that lexus can ne er be the same again. Your what,your engine must come down. Hahahahahaha. By the way,the YouTube video is a toyota supra engine naturally aspirated straight six indestructible engine,while yours is an aluminium v6 engine. Yours is over fragile. Just sell the car like that. Pls

Bro, pls explain this your post further. I just encountered this same problem and Google search took me to this your post. I worked on my radiator recently too but suddenly my lexus isn't entering into reverse.
Re: Gear Reverse Not Working ! Lexus by Angrygoat: 4:27pm On Mar 28, 2023
Did you guage your gear stick oil level. The gear stick colour is usually diff and its always close to newr the steering area,brake oil area. If the gear oil dipstick is dry ad below minimum, then your gear hose going into the radiator is faulty,leaking or the kazeems forgot to put fastener at the tip. If the gear oilnis guage,then it will be a switch underneath your passengers frot seat carpet. If after that was checked and all is intact,then your gear needs to come down. Maybe fibre is burnt filter is dirty or ?. But you will spend money
UgoFly:

Bro, pls explain this your post further. I just encountered this same problem and Google search took me to this your post. I worked on my radiator recently too but suddenly my lexus isn't entering into reverse.

1 Like

Re: Gear Reverse Not Working ! Lexus by checky619: 10:40pm On Mar 28, 2023
Angrygoat:
Did you guage your gear stick oil level. The gear stick colour is usually diff and its always close to newr the steering area,brake oil area. If the gear oil dipstick is dry ad below minimum, then your gear hose going into the radiator is faulty,leaking or the kazeems forgot to put fastener at the tip. If the gear oilnis guage,then it will be a switch underneath your passengers frot seat carpet. If after that was checked and all is intact,then your gear needs to come down. Maybe fibre is burnt filter is dirty or ?. But you will spend money

sad

Exactly all what you stated here is what is happening to my 2008 Honda accord V6 right now, the previous gear got spoilt, got a new gear and gave Kazeem to fix it, Kazeem didn’t fix the radiator hose well To the gear, gear oil started becoming milky and blinking D light, now the radiator is bad and leaking inside the gear, I told kazeem to disconnect the hose pending the time I will buy another radiator, right now can’t drive the car for 30mins straight to avoid over heating the gear sad
Re: Gear Reverse Not Working ! Lexus by UgoFly: 11:39pm On Mar 28, 2023
Angrygoat:

Thanks a lot bro. The mechanic said is my auxillary that is bad. He has to wield it. I pray it works .
Re: Gear Reverse Not Working ! Lexus by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:57pm On Mar 29, 2023
UgoFly:

Thanks a lot bro. The mechanic said is my auxillary that is bad. He has to wield it. I pray it works .

shocked sad shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Gear Reverse Not Working ! Lexus by UgoFly: 7:46pm On Mar 29, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

shocked sad shocked shocked

I didn't even understand what he means. But he has told me has fixed it. He said he just needs to get the auxillary key and I should come take the car. I am still confused.
Re: Gear Reverse Not Working ! Lexus by Angrygoat: 11:04pm On Mar 29, 2023
Auxiliary abi back axle. Dp you know what auxiliary gear means. U find them in land cruisers,prado,fj cruiser,4runners. Usulaly double gear knob 4x4. It cant be auxiliary. Abi your gear knob na 2.
UgoFly:

I didn't even understand what he means. But he has told me has fixed it. He said he just needs to get the auxillary key and I should come take the car. I am still confused.
Re: Gear Reverse Not Working ! Lexus by UgoFly: 11:09pm On Mar 29, 2023
Angrygoat:
Auxiliary abi back axle. Dp you know what auxiliary gear means. U find them in land cruisers,prado,fj cruiser,4runners. Usulaly double gear knob 4x4. It cant be auxiliary. Abi your gear knob na 2.

It might be axle. What he was trying to explain didn't sound like auxillary. It's definitely axle. Cos it also controls the tyre movement
Re: Gear Reverse Not Working ! Lexus by Angrygoat: 11:34pm On Mar 29, 2023
Rear differential oil with transmission oil no fit meet lailai. Op don take smoke
UgoFly:

It might be axle. What he was trying to explain didn't sound like auxillary. It's definitely axle. Cos it also controls the tyre movement
Re: Gear Reverse Not Working ! Lexus by UgoFly: 8:01pm On Mar 31, 2023
Angrygoat:
Rear differential oil with transmission oil no fit meet lailai. Op don take smoke

Turns out that axle and differential oil was the problem of the vehicle. Car is back on the road. Thanks for your support.
Re: Gear Reverse Not Working ! Lexus by olenyi: 1:37pm On Apr 01, 2023
checky619:

sad

Exactly all what you stated here is what is happening to my 2008 Honda accord V6 right now, the previous gear got spoilt, got a new gear and gave Kazeem to fix it, Kazeem didn’t fix the radiator hose well To the gear, gear oil started becoming milky and blinking D light, now the radiator is bad and leaking inside the gear, I told kazeem to disconnect the hose pending the time I will buy another radiator, right now can’t drive the car for 30mins straight to avoid over heating the gear sad

How can you disconnect the cooling hose of your gear. Looks like you want to ruin your transmission ba?

This one you don't yet have money to replace your radiator, is it now a new transmission that you can purchase? Hmmm... It's better you pack the car pending when you sort out that radiator and the transmission cooling hose.

Regards.
Re: Gear Reverse Not Working ! Lexus by Angrygoat: 11:42pm On Apr 02, 2023
Ok
UgoFly:

Turns out that axle and differential oil was the problem of the vehicle. Car is back on the road. Thanks for your support.
Re: Gear Reverse Not Working ! Lexus by sotwaredef: 7:04am On Nov 09, 2023
I am writing to share a cautionary tale about my recent experience with Chinozo G.O Merchants Limited and its proprietor, Chinonzo, whose contact numbers include +234903380638, +2349034100449, and +2348173341689. This warning extends to their branch office located at "Jesus is the Lord Block 18 Shop 18, Aguiyi Irons Int'l Trade Centre (Paramo), Ladipo, Mushin, Lagos," as well as their head office situated at "Jesus the Light of Salvation Block 20 Shop 7, Aguiyi Irons Int'l Trade Centre (Paramo), Ladipo, Mushin, Lagos."

Recently, I purchased a Lexus 350 gear from Chinozo G.O Merchants Limited at the price of 960,000. Unfortunately, the gear turned out to be defective, and the situation escalated when I discovered that Chinonzo had packaged and sold it to me despite being aware of the issues.

I engaged Mr. Emmanuel, a trusted engineer, to assess the situation, only to find that Chinozo G.O Merchants Limited's unethical practices extend to colluding with professionals in the field. Even at Ladipo, where trust is paramount, it appears that one cannot be too careful. Trust no one and always go there with different engineers.

Despite the gear coming with a warranty, Chinozo refused to honor it. When I requested a replacement, he declined and insisted I pay an additional 500,000 for the replacement, even within the warranty period. His sweet talk and saintly demeanor quickly vanished, revealing a less scrupulous side.

I write this message as a warning to the public—be cautious when dealing with Chinozo G.O Merchants Limited and its proprietor, Chinonzo. Do not trust their promises, and approach any transaction with them at your own risk. My aim is to prevent others from facing the difficulties I encountered.

Please share this message within your networks to protect fellow community members from potential scams and unscrupulous practices associated with Chinozo G.O Merchants Limited.

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards ooo.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Brake Pad Job(BMW 318Ci) / How Much Is The Cheapest You Can Get A Toyota Corolla 2006 TOKUNBO? / 2006 Camry Or 2009 Corolla... Which Should I Buy.??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.