Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Anyone Tried United Airlines? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Tried United Airlines? (10499 Views)

Dollar Scarcity: Foreign Airlines Raise Fares By 100% / Confession Of A Nigerian Pilot -“White People Should Manage Airlines In Nigeria” / United Airlines Launches Boeing 787 Dreamliner On Lagos-houston Route! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Tried United Airlines? by WAVixen: 8:03pm On Aug 12, 2011
Hello Peeps,

How una dey? I beg anybody don fly with this Airline reach Obama Country?

Seriously, just heard of the airline and want to know what the experience is/ was like.
Thanks.
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by WAVixen: 11:01am On Aug 13, 2011
People, still waiting on you guys.
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by dancewith: 1:40pm On Aug 13, 2011
What is ur concern? Of course they are good to fly with. They use ORD as their hub just as Delta use Hartsfield Jackson in Atlanta. I really don't get what your issue is. Maybe u think its another Arik air
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by oncolor: 4:26pm On Aug 13, 2011
well, I took United to Nigeria last week and it was O.K, except the fact that they stopover in Ghana and everyone has to leave the Plane, file into a waiting room in the Accra airport, wait for 30 minutes or more for more passengers from Ghana to continue the trip to Lagos. They were quite efficient and on time with good on-board service.
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by WAVixen: 10:26pm On Aug 13, 2011
@ dancewith, we no dey fight. So you response na wa. I haven't heard of the airline and wanted to know about it.
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by EuroMeko(m): 11:53pm On Aug 13, 2011
OP, thanks for this thread. I did not know Conti flies to Nigeria but best of all they arrive at 1:40P which gives me ample time to get the heck out of Lagos quickly and get to Ibadan same day.

Continental is a USA based airline so like Delta, etc they are world class.
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by Gbenge77(m): 8:38am On Aug 14, 2011
^^^I think the op is talking about united airlines and not Continental airlines.Continental is scheduled to fly from Lagos to DFW Iin november.
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by WAVixen: 5:38pm On Aug 14, 2011
EuroMeko:

OP, thanks for this thread. I did not know Conti flies to Nigeria but best of all they arrive at 1:40P which gives me ample time to get the heck out of Lagos quickly and get to Ibadan same day.

Continental is a USA based airline so like Delta, etc they are world class.
@ Genga 77, yes it's United I mean. Will be using it and curious about services, baggage allowance.

EuroMeko are you talking about United Airlines?
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by oncolor: 5:51pm On Aug 14, 2011
WAVixen:

@ Genga 77, yes it's United I mean. Will be using it and curious about services, baggage allowance.

EuroMeko are you talking about United Airlines?

Continental has merged with United so they are both the same thing now.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by EuroMeko(m): 6:06pm On Aug 14, 2011
As of December 2011 I can book a flight separately on Continental. I though this thread was originally about Continental when I posted my first answer? Conti lands at 130P and United at 530P, this makes a difference to me.

Any airline that flies into US airspace is a good one, at least equipment wise, which is more important to me than amenities when Iam sitting in a chair at 40k feet.
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by WAVixen: 7:23pm On Aug 14, 2011
lol @EuroMeko. I feel you. Thanks for the responses.
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by EuroMeko(m): 7:26pm On Aug 14, 2011
WAVixen:

lol @EuroMeko. I feel you. Thanks for the responses.

You're welcome.

I forgot to add " and travelling at 500mph". lol
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by WAVixen: 8:31pm On Aug 14, 2011
I feel 'better' knowing that.  tongue
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by Gbenge77(m): 12:02pm On Aug 15, 2011
You may also want to try Delta which flies direct to Atlanta on a cool boeing 777-200.They also serve  Nigerian delicacies on board.Not cheap though
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by WAVixen: 9:30pm On Aug 15, 2011
Gbenge 77:

You may also want to try Delta which flies direct to Atlanta on a cool boeing 777-200.They also serve  Nigerian delicacies on board.Not cheap though

UNITED NO CHEAP O. wink
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 17, 2011
dancewith:

What is your concern? Of course they are good to fly with. They use ORD as their hub just as Delta use Hartsfield Jackson in Atlanta. I really don't get what your issue is. Maybe u think its another Arik air

Buddy, relax. All WAVixen asked was people's experiences with United Airlines. He / She didn't say he / she had any issues with the airline. It's very normal to make enquiries about any goods or services you may be thinking of buying / using.

Your response to what I would term a valid query is bordering on aggressive, and I honestly can't see why.
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by moonraker(m): 8:32am On Aug 17, 2011
United Airlines is a good airline. used them countless times,
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by marcus1234: 7:56am On Aug 23, 2011
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by jason2010(m): 8:28am On Aug 23, 2011
I just hope that they don’t spray that air freshener stuff into the airspace in the cabin before take off like BA and KLM. The Royal Dutch airlines, KLM did that sh-t two months ago. What I found interesting is that they only sprayed it on our way from Lagos to the Schipol in Amsterdam, but they did not spray it on our way to Detroit. I guessed that since the demographic of most customers on board at that time had changed from Nigerians to American Caucasians no need for them to spray it. Were they suggesting that we stink or was it standard procedure?
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by blank(f): 9:03am On Aug 23, 2011
It is not air freshener, it is insecticide cos of mosquitoes.
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by freezy(m): 9:45am On Aug 23, 2011
jason2010:

I just hope that they don’t spray that air freshener stuff into the airspace in the cabin before take off like BA and KLM. The Royal Dutch airlines, KLM did that sh-t two months ago. What I found interesting is that they only sprayed it on our way from Lagos to the Schipol in Amsterdam, but they did not spray it on our way to Detroit. I guessed that since the demographic of most customers on board at that time had changed from Nigerians to American Caucasians no need for them to spray it. Were they suggesting that we stink or was it standard procedure?

That *shyte* is an insecticide that prevent mosquitoes boarding a flight from Naija into their zones which are already mosquito free. The last thing they'd want to deal with is an uncontrollable malaria outbreak caused by those gangster mosquitoes from the tropics.
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by phuckNL: 10:11am On Aug 23, 2011
^^^^^
Omo forget story ooo. The mosquitoes in yankee are like 5 billion times the number in naija. Only difference is that they don't carry the malaria parasite and they usually don't breed in the cities. I was in south texas recently and if you see the size of the mosquitoes you go runnn. HUGE m***f***kers. You need to see mosquitoes chasing people during the day, BROAD DAYLIGHT. At least naija mosquitoes go still follow you play hide and seek or shina rambo for night. The ones in south texas are VICIOUS.

All the spraying of insecticide is just nonsense.
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by ChiefEben(m): 10:48am On Aug 23, 2011
Ya. . . .Safe
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by freezy(m): 10:54am On Aug 23, 2011
phuck_NL:

^^^^^
Omo forget story ooo. The mosquitoes in yankee are like 5 billion times the number in naija. Only difference is that they don't carry the malaria parasite and they usually don't breed in the cities. I was in south texas recently and if you see the size of the mosquitoes you go runnn. HUGE m***f***kers. You need to see mosquitoes chasing people during the day, BROAD DAYLIGHT. At least naija mosquitoes go still follow you play hide and seek or shina rambo for night. The ones in south texas are VICIOUS.

^^^^
LWKM O.
I always thought the mosquitoes in the tropics here were the harshest o! Especially, the ones I saw in Warri. Those ones sound like helicopters.
Damn! These american dudes' bites must hurt like. . . I bet they have fangs, not proboscis. Lol again
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by EuroMeko(m): 12:20pm On Aug 23, 2011
phuck_NL:

^^^^^

I can attest to this as I unfortunately have to admit to have lived in God forsaken Texas for 4 years.

The Mosquitoes there are definitely huger but they don't feed on humans, the Chiggers, now those bites hard.

PS: everything is huge in Texas.
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by http(m): 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2011
EuroMeko:

I can attest to this as I unfortunately have to admit to have lived in God forsaken Texas for 4 years.

The Mosquitoes there are definitely huger but they don't feed on humans, the Chiggers, now those bites hard.

PS: everything is huge in Texas.

Bros not only in Texas, come check the one in Columbus Ohio, they are typical naija mosquitoes, suck u up fast, lols

i remembers that Delta service from Lagos to Atlanta is far far better than Atlanta to Lagos, maybe most going naija are 90% Nigerian grin
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by godfadda6(m): 1:05pm On Aug 23, 2011
I sat back and i was just reading what everyone was saying about united airline, well I work with United airline in Lagos, (don't ask for my email), as at October 2010, United airline merged with Continental airline making them the largest airline in the world, if in doubt try check www.google.com.

United started flying into Nigeria in December 13, 2010, with a B767-300 series aircraft, the route, LOS is being shared with ACC (accra) being a US carrier, and you know US is number 1 for security now (don't ask me how, I know) passengers deplane in ACC when the flights land in ACC either from the US or from LOS.

In November, Continental airline will be flying to LOS, a direct flight between lagos and Huston (LOS-IAH), they plan to bring the B787 dreamliner but due to delays it will operate B777 out of lagos in November (so watch out for that).

The reservation office in lagos (for now) is

Landover Aviation,
17, Simbitat Abiola way (computer village road)
ikeja,
01-2707551

so start making your travel plans early, hope we can please you, any information needed, please drop your question I will be more than glad to respond to it.
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by godfadda6(m): 1:13pm On Aug 23, 2011
Also as information, all those who think "these" airlines spray insecticide on their passengers, it is not their faults oh! ask our port health people, who wants the planes "disinfected", and you have to spray it at the low altitude, well luckily, United airlines does not spray our planes with passengers in it, disinfection is done somewhere in the states!

No airline is perfect, you must understand, the aviation business is so unpredictable and there are so many reasons why the things that happen, happen, but i just want anyone that has any bad experience should think about those times they had good experinces.

It's not easy to fly a metal, across the atlantic, 10hrs or more and land it without issues, ask the Lander brothers!
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by otokx(m): 1:16pm On Aug 23, 2011
^^^ nice
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by EuroMeko(m): 1:26pm On Aug 23, 2011
godfadda6:

I sat back and i was just reading what everyone was saying about united airline, well I work with United airline in Lagos, (don't ask for my email), as at October 2010, United airline merged with Continental airline making them the largest airline in the world, if in doubt try check www.google.com.

United started flying into Nigeria in December 13, 2010, with a B767-300 series aircraft, the route, LOS is being shared with ACC (accra) being a US carrier, and you know US is number 1 for security now (don't ask me how, I know) passengers deplane in ACC when the flights land in ACC either from the US or from LOS.

In November, Continental airline will be flying to LOS, a direct flight between lagos and Huston (LOS-IAH), they plan to bring the B787 dreamliner but due to delays it will operate B777 out of lagos in November (so watch out for that).

The reservation office in lagos (for now) is

Landover Aviation,
17, Simbitat Abiola way (computer village road)
ikeja,
01-2707551

so start making your travel plans early, hope we can please you, any information needed, please drop your question I will be more than glad to respond to it.

Typical Nigerian aloofness and short sightedness.
Re: Anyone Tried United Airlines? by manny4life(m): 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2011
LOL at the mosquitoes,

I haven't experienced mosquitoes issues here, very funny though,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Japanese Visa Requirement,help pls / Is My Waec Result My High School Transcript? / 5 Years Working Parmit To Qatar (no Deposit Please!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 4
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.