Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,525 members, 7,837,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi (1232 Views)

It Is Distasteful - Soyinka Condemns Pyrates Confraternity Video Mocking Tinubu / Distasteful Photos Of Imo Deputy Governor’s Lodge Released / Yoruba Elders Slam Osinbajo Over Anti-Restructuring Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by Gentino(m): 10:33pm On Sep 21, 2022
Your conduct distasteful, provocative – Northern Elders slam Mahdi

The Coalition of Northern Elders For Peace and National Unity, CNEFPNU, has called out Shehu Mahdi over a provocative video that has gone viral on the social media, saying it is capable of ingniting ethno-religious tension.

CNEFPNU also accused Mahdi of hate speech laced with a lot of tribal and religious slur aimed at pitching Christians against Muslims.

The group called on the relevant security agencies to arrest and prosecute Mahdi to serve as deterrence to others, who may contemplate such infamous path in the future.

In a statement signed by its National Coordinator, Prof Abdulkadir Mohammed Gummi, and National Secretary, Hajiya Hadiza M. Gwazo, the Nothern Elder Group, urged Northern voters to disregard Mahdi’s call and vote for presidential candidates of their choice, devoid of ethnic, religious, or political consideration.

Part of the statement read: ”Mahdi’s charge is laced with a lot of tribal and religious slur aimed at causing disaffection between Northerners and Southers, Northerners against Igbos and Northerners against South east in general.

“As responsible Northern elders, we view the video by Shehu Mahdi, as a deliberate attempt to instigate ethno-religious tension in the country, hence our call on relevant security agencies to take him in immediately for questioning.

“We further enjoin our people to disregard the provocative comments made by Mahdi, even as we urge them to vote for presidential candidates of their choice, devoid of ethnic, religious, or political consideration”.

However, the Northern Group insisted that Peter Obi is a statesman and Pan-Nigerian.

“May we also clarify that, having followed Peter Obi, the Labour Party presidential candidate, for a long time now, and we can say, without equivocation, that he is a detribalised, and patriotic Nigerian, who has the interest of the ordinary people at heart”, the statement read in part.

“The Peter Obi campaign is broad-based and all-inclusive. His track record of inclusivity is not in doubt. It is callous for anyone to accuse Peter Obi of running to represent the interest of Biafra. Peter Obi is running to represent the interest of all Nigerians".

https://dailypost.ng/2022/09/21/your-conduct-distasteful-provocative-northern-elders-slam-mahdi/?amp=1

9 Likes

Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by gabolak(m): 10:35pm On Sep 21, 2022
Thank you for standing with the truth

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by MansoryMX(m): 10:37pm On Sep 21, 2022
Children of Hate will be having sleepless night tonight

1 Like

Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by Proudlyomonna: 10:43pm On Sep 21, 2022
Well of course We all want a Country where our diversities will become our strength,but in attaining this stage in our existence as a Countrymen, equity, fairness, justice,truth is very essential.
Muslim-muslim agenda does not meets the requirements for the spices needed in creating a Society where,Love,Unity, Equity, Trust and Inclusiveness reigns that's why I am joining sensible Nigerians to mobilize full time against tinubu's desperate Muslim-muslim agenda.
There's an existing pattern for selecting P/VP, respect it, don't try to use my Faith to play politics.
Apc must GO.

4 Likes

Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by slivertongue: 10:46pm On Sep 21, 2022
May we also clarify that, having followed Peter Obi, the Labour Party presidential candidate, for a long time now, and we can say, without equivocation, that he is a detribalised, and patriotic Nigerian, who has the interest of the ordinary people at heart”, the statement read in part.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by Viscuz: 10:51pm On Sep 21, 2022
MansoryMX:
Children of Hate will be having sleepless night tonight

You are very correct. Now go and take your drugs. It will.soon be time for the nurses to come and lock the chains and padlock around your hands and feet

7 Likes

Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by Gentino(m): 10:51pm On Sep 21, 2022
We thank the well-meaning Nigerians and Northern Elder Group for condemning Mahdi's deceptive outburst. His comments were shameful and unbecoming of an educated cum supposed elder statesman.

He never cared how his region has been ravaged by bandits, Boko Haram, herdsmen,etc. Thank God Obi is not the present president that has allowed insecurity to overrun his government. All he cares is for North to remain in power after this disastrous northerner.

All of a sudden, he has become a northern Christians advocate.

South wake up.
Nigeria wake up
Youths take back your country from those who have outlived their usefulness.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:51pm On Sep 21, 2022
North for Obi

3 Likes

Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by femisplash: 10:54pm On Sep 21, 2022
Lol.. Datti don quickly arrange one faceless group to save Peter Obi. Mahdi really tore Obi's ass. I pity Obi, he'd have to spend a lot of money to arrange lots of unknown groups to hep save his ass.
Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by Period007(m): 11:27pm On Sep 21, 2022
femisplash:
Lol.. Datti don quickly arrange one faceless group to save Peter Obi. Mahdi really tore Obi's ass. I pity Obi, he'd have to spend a lot of money to arrange lots of unknown groups to hep save his ass.
No Christian will vote Atiku or Tinubu after watching that disgusting video

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by Bluntguy: 11:37pm On Sep 21, 2022
They are wise elders.
Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by N3TRAL: 11:40pm On Sep 21, 2022
Period007:

No Christian will vote Atiku or Tinubu after watching that disgusting video

I will vote for Tinubu!

My entire congregation are rooting for APC!
Hang yourself grin
Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by Period007(m): 11:44pm On Sep 21, 2022
N3TRAL:

I will vote for Tinubu!

Hang yourself grin
You are a yoruba muslim na,you are only following MURIC.
You don't have a mind of your own

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by N3TRAL: 11:48pm On Sep 21, 2022
Period007:

You are a yoruba muslim na,you are only following MURIC.
You don't have a mind of your own

Remi Tinubu is a Pastor in one of the Biggest churches in Africa!

In the bible, Nabal, Abigail's husband was saved because of the good deeds of his wife. God will not let Tinubu fail because of the good deeds of Mrs Tinubu who has been a strong pillar to the church of the most high God.

We will support our Mama!

Tell Peter Obi that pentecostal christians should be appointed into his campaign team.
Only Catholics will not return him.

In fact, the Father Mbaka loyalists/ faction of catholic faithfuls in the South East will never vote Peter Obi after the curse Father Mbaka placed on the thief.
Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by Period007(m): 11:50pm On Sep 21, 2022
N3TRAL:

Tell Peter Obi that pentecostal christians should be appointed into his campaign team.

In fact, the Father Mbaka loyalists/ faction of catholic faithfuls in the South East will never vote Peter Obi after the curse Father Mbaka placed on the thief.
Only yoruba muslims will vote Thiefnibu
Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by N3TRAL: 11:52pm On Sep 21, 2022
Period007:

In the bible, Nabal, Abigail's husband was saved because of the good deeds of his wife. God will not let Tinubu fail because of the good deeds of Mrs Tinubu who has been a strong pillar to the church of the most high God.

I repeat:

Father Mbaka loyalists/ faction of catholic faithfuls in the South East will never vote Peter Obi after the curse Father Mbaka placed on the thief.
Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by N3TRAL: 11:57pm On Sep 21, 2022
Period007:

Who is more tolerant?

A man that ran a government of only Catholics as Governor

or

A man who is a Muslim but supports his wife and children to be christians and participate in church activities to the extent of becoming pastors and church leaders.

As a Christian, I know that Obi hates me if I'm not catholic.

Tinubu loves me irrespective of my religion.

We orthodox and pentecostal christians will support one of our own to drive home the message of tolerance in christian homes.

Tinubu will be sworn in as president of Nigeria on the 29th Of May 2022 in Jesus Name , Amen!
Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by Period007(m): 11:59pm On Sep 21, 2022
N3TRAL:

I repeat:

Father Mbaka loyalists/ faction of catholic faithfuls in the South East will never vote Peter Obi after the curse Father Mbaka placed on the thief.
Only yoruba muslims will vote for a Thiefnibu without origin
Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by Period007(m): 12:01am On Sep 22, 2022
N3TRAL:

Who is more tolerant?

A man that ran a government of only Catholics as Governor

or

A man who is a Muslim but supports his wife and children to be christians and participate in church activities to the extent of becoming pastors and church leaders.

As a Christian, I know that Obi hates me if I'm not catholic.

Tinubu loves me irrespective of my religion.

We orthodox and pentecostal christians will support one of our own to drive home the message of tolerance in christian homes.

Tinubu will be sworn in as president of Nigeria on the 29th Of May 2022 in Jesus Name , Amen!
All these talk na Agbero talk
You candidate get secondary school certificate abi he no get

1 Like

Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by N3TRAL: 12:06am On Sep 22, 2022
Period007:

All these talk na Agbero talk
You candidate get secondary school certificate abi he no get

You are a shame to Christianity.

You don't only discriminate others. You don't also know your Bible yet you disturb us everytime time with "Yoruba Muslim".

I quote bible give you, you run go talk certificate wey Peter Obi no even submit give INEC.
Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by Nobody: 12:20am On Sep 22, 2022
Waw
Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by Period007(m): 12:25am On Sep 22, 2022
N3TRAL:

You don't only discriminate others. You don't also know your Bible yet you disturb us everytime time with "Yoruba Muslim".

I quote bible give you, you run go talk certificate wey Peter Obi no even submit give INEC.
Wetin concern yoruba Muslim with bible
Stop disgracing yourself
I will discuss the bible with a fellow Christian and not a yoruba Muslim

3 Likes

Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by Nigerianization(m): 12:56am On Sep 22, 2022
N3TRAL:

I will vote for Tinubu!

Hang yourself grin

See your mouth like congregation. Pastor Sabinus

No sane pastor will sound like that. Even Adeboye was careful in 2015 when his spiritual son - Osinbajo, was on the ballot
Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by Nigerianization(m): 1:01am On Sep 22, 2022
N3TRAL:

If you are a true. Christian like you claimed, you will know better than lieing to prove a point.

You are a Muslim, yet you speak for Catholics? I tire.

1 Like

Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by paramakina202: 1:05am On Sep 22, 2022
Reno the snake will be disappointed grin
Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by SmartPolician: 1:42am On Sep 22, 2022
femisplash:

Stop pitying Peter Obi because the same man made a big fool of your Tinubu and his audience had a good laugh about it.

2 Likes

Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by VERDA: 1:59am On Sep 22, 2022
N3TRAL:

Abeg make Una shift, you display a reckless disregard for a whole section of the country and start crying fowl when the affected people cry out...until we practice fairness and justice in this country in the true sense of those words, we are going nowhere.
Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by Green3x3: 2:42am On Sep 22, 2022
Hi I do boost social media accounts for a cheap and affordable price...
Instagram account
Tiktok Account
Facebook account
Twitter account and many more ,do well to patronize me....
I ALSO SELL INSTAGRAM AND FACEBOOK ACCOUNTS.... MESSAGE MY NUMBER BELOW TO BUY CHEAP....
Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by Abdu81: 4:01am On Sep 22, 2022
Gentino:
Your conduct distasteful, provocative – Northern Elders slam Mahdi

The Coalition of Northern Elders For Peace and National Unity, CNEFPNU, has called out Shehu Mahdi over a provocative video that has gone viral on the social media, saying it is capable of ingniting ethno-religious tension.

CNEFPNU also accused Mahdi of hate speech laced with a lot of tribal and religious slur aimed at pitching Christians against Muslims.

The group called on the relevant security agencies to arrest and prosecute Mahdi to serve as deterrence to others, who may contemplate such infamous path in the future.

In a statement signed by its National Coordinator, Prof Abdulkadir Mohammed Gummi, and National Secretary, Hajiya Hadiza M. Gwazo, the Nothern Elder Group, urged Northern voters to disregard Mahdi’s call and vote for presidential candidates of their choice, devoid of ethnic, religious, or political consideration.

Part of the statement read: ”Mahdi’s charge is laced with a lot of tribal and religious slur aimed at causing disaffection between Northerners and Southers, Northerners against Igbos and Northerners against South east in general.

“As responsible Northern elders, we view the video by Shehu Mahdi, as a deliberate attempt to instigate ethno-religious tension in the country, hence our call on relevant security agencies to take him in immediately for questioning.

“We further enjoin our people to disregard the provocative comments made by Mahdi, even as we urge them to vote for presidential candidates of their choice, devoid of ethnic, religious, or political consideration”.

However, the Northern Group insisted that Peter Obi is a statesman and Pan-Nigerian.

“May we also clarify that, having followed Peter Obi, the Labour Party presidential candidate, for a long time now, and we can say, without equivocation, that he is a detribalised, and patriotic Nigerian, who has the interest of the ordinary people at heart”, the statement read in part.

“The Peter Obi campaign is broad-based and all-inclusive. His track record of inclusivity is not in doubt. It is callous for anyone to accuse Peter Obi of running to represent the interest of Biafra. Peter Obi is running to represent the interest of all Nigerians".

https://dailypost.ng/2022/09/21/your-conduct-distasteful-provocative-northern-elders-slam-mahdi/?amp=1

Ahmed datti have worked thoroughly in and with the northern elites, the north will be a surprise for 2023.

Obi made the best choice in Datti.

May your regime be a blessing not just to Nigerians but Africans in general.

Two successful, fulfilled, honest, trusted, smart, hardworking and bunches of integrity.

ObiDatti 2023.

Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by Abdu81: 4:04am On Sep 22, 2022
Viscuz:

You are very correct. Now go and take your drugs. It will.soon be time for the nurses to come and lock the chains and padlock around your hands and feet

Continue the fight urchin.

Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by favour32(m): 4:19am On Sep 22, 2022
femisplash:
You don't worry about bandits,killer herdsmen and terrorists in your mist but only how to stay on in power without meaningful progress.
Re: Your Conduct Distasteful, Provocative – Northern Elders Slam Mahdi by StormpyBee: 4:37am On Sep 22, 2022
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am Obidient But I Commend Tinubu For Having A Solid Manifesto / When Reality Of Election And Campaign Hit Peter Obi Hard Like Tornado / Let Us Bet :- Tinubu Would Be President.... Check The Guidelines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.