Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf - Foreign Affairs (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf (67718 Views)

SA President Cyril Ramaphosa Wears Palestinian Scarf, Pledges Solidarity (PICS) / Nothing Will Be Left Of Israel If It Acts Against Iran – President Raisi / Donald Trump Warns Hassan Rouhani, Iran President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by AnanseK(m): 11:23am On Sep 24, 2022
cococandy:

We don’t force people to wear the one on the left.

Good beginning for a dialogue. Why do you object to other people wearing the one the right even when they choose to? Bigotry?
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by cococandy(f): 12:43pm On Sep 24, 2022
AnanseK:

Good beginning for a dialogue. Why do you object to other people wearing the one the right even when they choose to? Bigotry?
I don’t object to anyone wearing the one on the right.
Why do you assume I object to it when someone makes a choice to wear it? Assume much?

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Invitationn: 2:42pm On Sep 24, 2022
God1000:
This is serious, so Iran's President didn't realize that he's in America for now.

I support Christiane Amanpour on this, I'm sure she will wear it if she travels to Iran for this interview, but this is USA na.

We've seen western female journalists covering their heads in the middle East because it is necessary to do so over there.

Again this is coming when women across Iran are protesting against the death of a 22 year old woman in the custody of morality police and with dozens of protesters killed already.
This is not a case of laws or countries now. It is a case of belief and convictions.
It is against the Iranian President's belief to sit and have an interview with a woman that's uncovered while Amanpour is trying to prove she has the rights to appear as she wants.
But the funny is, Amanpour and CNN are the content makers who invited the president for interview and they know his belief and deliberately chose to disrespect him.
She doesn't want to compromise but she expects the president to compromise.
Like you pointed out, Iran is in chaos because of this Hijab issue back home. So, it is not a coincidence that Amanpour is creating this content to encourage the Iranian uprising.

It's all politics. If I were the president, I'll do the same.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by wildkat: 5:13pm On Sep 24, 2022
lhordspy:
Just another plot to put the iranian in a bad light to the world, they did it with libya,iraq,syria,afghanistan,venezuela,russia, and many more. who remember the hongkong situation in china too?.

But the Iranian president is no coward like our African leaders that licks the feet of the Europeans.

Amanpour knows the iranian president so well, she knows he will never accept to that, so why schedule an interview with him when you know you can't dress according to the president's religious doctrine.

It was definitely planned either for clout-chasing, cheap attention seeking, or portraying the already battered image of the iranian president or iranians in general in a bad way as extremists in the face of the world.

Thank God, Jesus wasn't around this time. This present day propaganda-dishing set of medias would have made us believe he is bad just because he wont do to their bidding.

I think CNN, BBC and other european maintstream media are the problem of this world. You want to interview me without headscarf which is against my doctrine, i said No. Everyone can go their way then. Must you cry to the world? Na by force? . This same evil western media were the ones screaming and shouting when Qatar said they don't want gays flag and beer drinkers at their country during the world cup. The same western media criticised Qatar and eventually tried using their world power leaders to force qatar to rescind that decision. What kind of Evil people are these? Is it by force

(If iranians doctrines are not apply in USA, so is USA gay laws not applied in Qatar. They should stop crying when something is against them, that is the highest form of hypocrisy! Pure double standard.)

Modified : For everyone quoting me and coming right at me. We Nigerians are just usually unnecessarily emotional about religious sentimentalism. We are blind by religious sentiment, it doesnt even matter even if we are to be packed like chickens inside a single bus, or be reffer to as a third-world country. As far as our colonizers are christians, and we are too.. We dont give a damn about what they do to us and how they treat us.

For goodness sake, can't you see behind your religion blindness that this was planned by CNN and Amanpour incojunction with the US to put the iranian president as an extremist?. They have always want to bring him down, and they eventually have their chance on a world stage like UNGA . They finally hit the jackpot, that singular refusal will be stream and deliberate on for 24hours Non-stop. You guys dont know how dirty foreign politics can get. You think it is by peter obi vs tinubu type of gbas gbos Nigeria childish politics we play here. Foreign Politics is filthy, they will always tend to want to bring you down in one way or the other.

He knows their plan.. He stood his ground, he is not a coward like our african leaders that can be bully into submission .No wonder we are packed like sardine inside a bus to the queen's burial. The iranian president should get a statue, he is courageous,daring,fearless, heroic, resolute and bantam.
He is a man after my heart, just next to vladmir Putin.

You’re always on the wrong side of events. U must really be living a damaged life

1 Like

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by bepositive11: 6:20pm On Sep 24, 2022
Go and get a balanced perspective. Being extreme on either end is not a good place to be.

Go and study history properly. The West is not all evil. And men like Putin are not all saints.

lhordspy:
Just another plot to put the iranian in a bad light to the world, they did it with libya,iraq,syria,afghanistan,venezuela,russia, and many more. who remember the hongkong situation in china too?.

But the Iranian president is no coward like our African leaders that licks the feet of the Europeans.

Amanpour knows the iranian president so well, she knows he will never accept to that, so why schedule an interview with him when you know you can't dress according to the president's religious doctrine.

It was definitely planned either for clout-chasing, cheap attention seeking, or portraying the already battered image of the iranian president or iranians in general in a bad way as extremists in the face of the world.

Thank God, Jesus wasn't around this time. This present day propaganda-dishing set of medias would have made us believe he is bad just because he wont do to their bidding.

I think CNN, BBC and other european maintstream media are the problem of this world. You want to interview me without headscarf which is against my doctrine, i said No. Everyone can go their way then. Must you cry to the world? Na by force? . This same evil western media were the ones screaming and shouting when Qatar said they don't want gays flag and beer drinkers at their country during the world cup. The same western media criticised Qatar and eventually tried using their world power leaders to force qatar to rescind that decision. What kind of Evil people are these? Is it by force

(If iranians doctrines are not apply in USA, so is USA gay laws not applied in Qatar. They should stop crying when something is against them, that is the highest form of hypocrisy! Pure double standard.)

Modified : For everyone quoting me and coming right at me. We Nigerians are just usually unnecessarily emotional about religious sentimentalism. We are blind by religious sentiment, it doesnt even matter even if we are to be packed like chickens inside a single bus, or be reffer to as a third-world country. As far as our colonizers are christians, and we are too.. We dont give a damn about what they do to us and how they treat us.

For goodness sake, can't you see behind your religion blindness that this was planned by CNN and Amanpour incojunction with the US to put the iranian president as an extremist?. They have always want to bring him down, and they eventually have their chance on a world stage like UNGA . They finally hit the jackpot, that singular refusal will be stream and deliberate on for 24hours Non-stop. You guys dont know how dirty foreign politics can get. You think it is by peter obi vs tinubu type of gbas gbos Nigeria childish politics we play here. Foreign Politics is filthy, they will always tend to want to bring you down in one way or the other.

He knows their plan.. He stood his ground, he is not a coward like our african leaders that can be bully into submission .No wonder we are packed like sardine inside a bus to the queen's burial. The iranian president should get a statue, he is courageous,daring,fearless, heroic, resolute and bantam.
He is a man after my heart, just next to vladmir Putin.

Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by HltSong: 8:15pm On Sep 24, 2022
SHINJA Nyashpiercer:

You are back from your ban...

You will go for another one soon

What ban? No be you go offline? grin

The bashing continues. cheesy
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by shugamummy: 9:53pm On Sep 24, 2022
She asked for the interview in her own country not in Iran. If it's in Iran I swear she must wear Hijab, now why is Iran forcing her to wear Hijab in her own country when she should be the one forcing the Iman to put on a suit?

lhordspy:

Aunty, na she ask for interview now....

If she isnt comfortable with the believe of the person. Then she let go. Why is she now wailing?
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by lhordspy: 9:57pm On Sep 24, 2022
shugamummy:
She asked for the interview in her own country not in Iran. If it's in Iran I swear she must wear Hijab, now why is Iran forcing her to wear Hijab in her own country when she should be the one forcing the Iman to put on a suit?

Since the man asked for the hijab and she is not ready to obliged. So why not everyone move on... As simple as ABC

What is with the whole noise and upset ?
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Farrakhann: 12:08am On Sep 25, 2022
ComeToJesus:

Isn't it hypocritical that he attended a meeting that women without hijab would attend? A meeting that some female speakers will speak without hijab?

It is self delusion when you view the world with jaundiced, bigoted and self-serving lenses.

Maybe he mistook the UNGA for a lesser hajj.

Can you tell us the meeting he attended that women without ninja attended? tongue
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by LaJoe2: 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2022
I'm Christian but I respect your allegiance to your Faith / Belief.
Heading covering is also required for Women under Biblical Law.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by suleimanshehu: 5:43pm On Sep 27, 2022
The headline was misleading to portray Republic of Iran and its President in bad light. The was the CNN that abandoned the interview.

"Amanpour the president had suggested that she wear a head scarf. Amanpour said that she “politely declined.”

Afterall Holy Mary the mother of Christianity has always covered her head with headscarf and Hijjab. So wearing hijjab is Christianity per se.
Re: Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf by Idaytesj29(m): 12:34pm On Oct 06, 2022
osazsky:
i tire o..christains dont wear cap in places if worship magine if amapour had told d idiot to remove hus cap on national tv..thousands for do die for zamfara today

Amanpour invited him, she needed him. He didn't invite her and needed no interview from her.

I don't understand why Nigerians get worked up over religion. And it's not like we are actually religious cos many are just hypocrites.

Amanpour stood are ground and the Iranian man stood his ground and each went their separate ways. What is that a concern of Nigerians in a terrible economy?

If I were amanpour, I won't say a word about the failed interview attempt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Jerusalem: ''to Know Who The 45th US President Is, Read Isaiah 45'' - FFK / Taliban Fighters Killed & Captured After Afghan Militias Seize 3 Districts / SCREENSHOT. Rev Reinhard Bonnkie Speaks On Homosexuality.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.