Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season (14623 Views)

Ime Udoka Faces Suspension Over Consensual intimate relationship With Team Staff / Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals / Ime Udoka Is The Boston Celtics' New Coach And First Nigerian NBA Head Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by baralatie(m): 10:29am On Sep 23, 2022
Anakazo22:

He knows the consequences of such act..mind you, most organhisations abroad kick against any romantic relationship with your colleagues because they want you to be professional in doing your job
For this same america
grin
Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by baralatie(m): 10:30am On Sep 23, 2022
Emman08:
I'd be surprised if he lasted at the Celtics till the end of his suspension. Shame, he started too well for it to end this badly

We Celtics fans will lose Nia Long now. FFS grin
Nia Long
Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by baralatie(m): 10:31am On Sep 23, 2022
AdamuKD:
Flee from sexual immorality
That is the core truth

1 Like

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by Ashirioluwa: 10:34am On Sep 23, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
But wait na him get him body na

You are correct in that regard, but there are things you can and cannot do in every well-established organization, especially if you are one of the leaders in the organization. To be honest, he violated the team policies.

His actions are violations of the franchise’s code of conduct.

Will the team sanction him if the lady in question is not a staff member? The answer is NO.
Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by baralatie(m): 10:35am On Sep 23, 2022
Farid24224:
So stupid....That dude was impressive!!

When last did they make the finals?? He lead a team who had no players that played in the finals!!
And left his preek hanging in between the legs of female staffs
What do you think will happen?
Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by Gbeng30(m): 10:36am On Sep 23, 2022
This is purely discrimination, they gave him suspension just because he cheated.. Even though I don't support cheating but if lme is White like them we might not hear about this or even go Scot free.... His acts shouldn't have affect his job in this case

1 Like

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by DukeNija(m): 10:39am On Sep 23, 2022
seunaj:
Marrying pleasure with work has never and will never be cool. Consensual or not consensual, sleeping with a member of his team will no doubt bring about favoritism in team selection. You can't be dribbling your team member on the inner pitch in the other room and earn premium respect from her when occasion demands on the main pitch. It just doesn't work that way. He should be made to go on a compulsory retirement to make a strong statement in the football world.
This is just one example out of many reasons why some female folks will boss everyone around in an organization just because she is sleeping with the boss,u cannot understand how disgusting this is unless you have had a first hand experience.
On the other hand, many girls have been rendared jobless because of such unwarranted advances from all these married men cheating bosses. Slave/slave-master consensual or nonconsensual relationship within the workspace should be discouraged as much as possible. Women are endangered species in the workplace, expecially in Africa

Did he rape them? Maybe they’re underaged women. Lol. He’s not even their employer so your argument doesn’t suffice. They interest was definitely mutual so what’s the problem? He’s just they coach and not the boss. Women are extremely manipulative and will go to great lengths to get what they want.
Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by baralatie(m): 10:41am On Sep 23, 2022
Gbeng30:
This is purely discrimination, they gave him suspension just because he cheated.. Even though I don't support cheating but if lme is White like them we might not hear about this or even go Scot free.... His acts shouldn't have affect his job in this case
This has nothing to do with cheating!
According to company guidelines and policies...there is a penalty clause for intra personnel affair(it is seen as taking undue advantage of company structure to solicit for sex).This can turn around to be used to harm the organization in a law court in America.
This Mr.udoka is aware of.This is what he violated and placed the organization in likely problem in future.
So the company has to act before it will get battered

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by baralatie(m): 10:42am On Sep 23, 2022
DukeNija:

You don’t have sense.
Obviously you don't understand what he wrote
undecided or you were trying hard to be funny cry
Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by greypencils: 10:54am On Sep 23, 2022
BeanmanX:
He messed up though... assuming he cheated with a random girl outside,,,no one would have known.
Even if it was known, no one would care. Maybe just the press paparazzi and his baby mama. But the shit was done at work. That's messed up.

1 Like

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by Ashirioluwa: 10:54am On Sep 23, 2022
BeanmanX:
Unless if he floated the rules of the club...I see no reason why they had to suspend him because he had an affair...

He violated the company policy, which is why he apologized.

If the lady had not been a staff member, he would not have faced any disciplinary action because the relationship was consensual.

You can't mess with a staff member, especially when you hold an important position in an organization

1 Like

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by NaBanga: 11:01am On Sep 23, 2022
Does he even associate with Nigerians? His mother is a white. Yes he played for Nigeria in basketball but does he has any Nigerian friends? Besides carrying a Nigerian name from his father, what is his connection to Nigeria? No Nigerian wife. No village he visits. What language does he speak? Nigerians will be carrying people up and down who don't care anything for them. He is in American screwing white workplace kpekus and dragging a black American baby mama. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by seunaj: 11:06am On Sep 23, 2022
DukeNija:

Did he rape them? Maybe they’re underaged women. Lol. He’s not even their employer so your argument doesn’t suffice. They interest was definitely mutual so what’s the problem? He’s just they coach and not the boss. Women are extremely manipulative and will go to great lengths to get what they want.
The only woman that should be manipulative is the one in your house that you perhaps cannot avoid. Only people like you who think from your dick gets manipulated by anything in skirt.
...And where did I say that he is her employer? Isn't he her boss as I rightly quoted?

2 Likes

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by DukeNija(m): 11:12am On Sep 23, 2022
seunaj:

The only woman that should be manipulative is the one in your house that you perhaps cannot avoid. Only people like you who think from your dick gets manipulated by anything in skirt.
...And where did I say that he is her employer? Isn't he her boss as I rightly quoted?

I’ll ignore your uninformed insolence. Go treat your vile and bitterness before you hurt yourself. Lol. You desperately need help and you won’t get it here.
Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:22am On Sep 23, 2022
V.P. - Village People
Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by wonlasewonimi: 11:32am On Sep 23, 2022
How can you cheat on Nia bleeping Long?
Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by Farid24224(m): 11:33am On Sep 23, 2022
baralatie:

And left his preek hanging in between the legs of female staffs
What do you think will happen?

Did he rape her? It's consensual na!!
Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by fx45(m): 11:35am On Sep 23, 2022
Starboytwo:
They should just legalize this thing abeg.
Legalize what exactly?
Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by fx45(m): 11:39am On Sep 23, 2022
godguy:

He is an American not a Nigerian.

You can check this link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ime_Udoka

He was born in US

If you are suffering from inferiority complex, just limit it to yourself.

Is Pique or R-kelly, etc Nigerians?
Ime Udoka was the captain of the D'Tigers for many years. Are you ok at all?

Both Ime and his sister Mfon proudly represented Nigeria in their time

1 Like

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by RichAbujaGuy: 11:40am On Sep 23, 2022
godguy:

He is an American not a Nigerian.

You can check this link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ime_Udoka

He was born in US

If you are suffering from inferiority complex, just limit it to yourself.

Is Pique or R-kelly, etc Nigerians?

Funny how some ppl selectively use this logic for certain ppl born in Yankee or the UK

David Adedeji Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, is a Nigerian-American singer, songwriter and record producer. His music blends traditional African elements with global mainstream pop. Wikipedia
Born: November 21, 1992 (age 29 years), Atlanta, GA

1 Like

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by baralatie(m): 11:45am On Sep 23, 2022
Farid24224:

Did he rape her? It's consensual na!!
Did you read that it is against company policies and work codes

And now if the lady turns around tomorrow on getting sacked and says the organization supported udoka to use his position to intimidate her into yielding herself as a sex object .
Who will say it was consensual.(since the company refused to act).

You get the dynamics of why the policy is in place and so on and so forth

1 Like

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by RichAbujaGuy: 11:45am On Sep 23, 2022
Kingozymandias:
All because he cheated on his wife with a colleague?
Men that's really tough angry

But this is ont thing that annoys me about my Nigerian brothers abroad. Majority of them behave like animals. You see them with one well brought up lovely akata lady who loves them they will enjoy her love and all the benefits , she will co sign all documents and stand for him as a spouse only for the NONSENSE guy to turn around and cheat on her.

Did they swear for some of us Nigerian men?

He not married to his baby mama Hollywood actress Nia Long.

And he was allegedly consensually knacking the wife of a Boston Celtics Executive V.P. wink

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by baralatie(m): 11:52am On Sep 23, 2022
RichAbujaGuy:

He not married to his baby mama Hollywood actress Nia Long.

And he was allegedly consensually knacking the wife of a Boston Celtics Executive V.P. wink
That is not the story oo
grin
Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by seunaj: 11:57am On Sep 23, 2022
DukeNija:

I’ll ignore your uninformed insolence. Go treat your vile and bitterness before you hurt yourself. Lol. You desperately need help and you won’t get it here.
Your stupidity is irredeemable. So, you left the issues and hurl insult at me and you thought you would make sense that way? I give up on you

1 Like

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by meobizy(f): 12:24pm On Sep 23, 2022
Their organization, their rules. Many banks impose the same because workplace relationships are distracting and take away from company time. I’m sure they don’t care that he cheated on his wife. They would have done the same if he was a single person.
Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by naijapikin2(m): 1:22pm On Sep 23, 2022
MadeInTokyo:

grin grin grin
One Full season suspension
Too harsh
Because of just cheating
Maybe he go runs the club owner side chick or one of the club top managers side chick
Why was Kobe Bryant not suspended by the Los Angeles Lakers when he cheated with his wife some years back
I am tempted to scream RACISM
they are all black's, so it's not racism.
It's blackism. grin
Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by iamsolasoul(f): 1:44pm On Sep 23, 2022
Married to Nia Long and cheating? Nawa o no man is safe these days God help us to locate worthy partners even Ofada rice an Bobo Ti jabo
Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by Originalwafi: 1:47pm On Sep 23, 2022
Hm

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by Bruno3000(m): 1:55pm On Sep 23, 2022
And the toto might be wide n smelly sef...
Callano07:
See the setback toto don bring
Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by Ten06(m): 2:20pm On Sep 23, 2022
obembet:
Cheating is bad. U have to be faithful in your relationship.

You guys should not support bad thing. If you cheat on me, I will ...... U grin
Who did he cheat on? He wasn't married
Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by treatise: 2:34pm On Sep 23, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
But wait na him get him body na
That's mafia's job for not "cooperating" ; an outstanding coach suspended for one year owing to consensual sex not RAPE?
Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by Emman08: 2:42pm On Sep 23, 2022
baralatie:

Nia Long

Okay...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aiteo Takes Over Sponsorship Of CAF Awards / Germany Hires Hansi Flick As Manager / Ajibade Bags Brace As Super Falcons Beat Ethiopia In Olympic Qualifier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.