Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,587 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season (14615 Views)

Ime Udoka Faces Suspension Over Consensual intimate relationship With Team Staff / Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals / Ime Udoka Is The Boston Celtics' New Coach And First Nigerian NBA Head Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by chisomkachy: 8:29am On Sep 23, 2022
The Boston Celtics have suspended Ime Udoka for a full year, banning the coach who led them to the NBA Finals last spring for the entire 2022-23 season over what two people with knowledge of the matter said was an improper relationship with a member of the organization.

The people spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the team did not reveal that detail publicly. In a statement issued Thursday night after a full day of wrangling over the terms of the punishment, the Celtics said Udoka violated team policies and left open the possibility that a longer separation could follow.

“A decision about his future with the Celtics beyond this season will be made at a later date,” the team said.

Assistant coach Joe Mazzulla will take over as interim coach, one of the people who spoke with The AP said. The defending Eastern Conference champions are scheduled to hold media day on Monday and open training camp on Tuesday in preparation for the Oct. 18 season opener.

In a statement published by ESPN, Udoka apologized “to our players, fans, the entire Celtics organization, and my family for letting them down.”

“I am sorry for putting the team in this difficult situation, and I accept the team’s decision,” he said. “Out of respect for everyone involved, I will have no further comment.”

https://apnews.com/article/boston-celtics-nba-sports-basketball-ime-udoka-0f04a614b82c497346a423d9da036521?taid=632d1034f4a9b600017fa9c9&utm_campaign=TrueAnthem&utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter

Previous Threads:
https://www.nairaland.com/7346497/ime-udoka-faces-suspension-over#116909360

https://www.nairaland.com/7152206/ime-udoka-becomes-first-nigerian

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by HarlequinLekex: 8:35am On Sep 23, 2022
But wait na him get him body na

4 Likes

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by Kingozymandias(m): 9:25am On Sep 23, 2022
All because he cheated on his wife with a colleague?
Men that's really tough angry

But this is ont thing that annoys me about my Nigerian brothers abroad. Majority of them behave like animals. You see them with one well brought up lovely akata lady who loves them they will enjoy her love and all the benefits , she will co sign all documents and stand for him as a spouse only for the NONSENSE guy to turn around and cheat on her.

Did they swear for some of us Nigerian men?

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by Emman08: 9:26am On Sep 23, 2022
I'd be surprised if he lasted at the Celtics till the end of his suspension. Shame, he started too well for it to end this badly

We Celtics fans will lose Nia Long now. FFS grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by oolawale(m): 9:26am On Sep 23, 2022
All Because of NUT

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by MadeInTokyo: 9:26am On Sep 23, 2022
The Boston Celtics have suspended Ime Udoka for a full year, banning the coach who led them to the NBA Finals last spring for the entire 2022-23 season over what two people with knowledge of the matter said was an improper relationship with a member of the organization.
grin grin grin
One Full season suspension
Too harsh
Because of just cheating
Maybe he go runs the club owner side chick or one of the club top managers side chick
Why was Kobe Bryant not suspended by the Los Angeles Lakers when he cheated with his wife some years back
I am tempted to scream RACISM

25 Likes

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by Hambivert: 9:26am On Sep 23, 2022
A single man having a consensual relationship with an adult of the opposite sex should not be a crime.

Well, there is a code of conduct for every organisation which must be respected.
I guess Celtic is of the opinion of "don't shit where you eat"
...but I still find this funny
What if my future wife is my colleague?
Will I leave a high paying job because of love?
Or do I end love because of a high paying job?

It's crazy mehn... It's sparogatively crazy mehn!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by Cixelo: 9:26am On Sep 23, 2022
This is racism

9 Likes

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by Starboytwo(m): 9:26am On Sep 23, 2022
They should just legalize this thing abeg.
Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by Romanoff(f): 9:26am On Sep 23, 2022
Good riddance.

Never crap where you eat.

If you are so indisciplined to commit adultery, don't do it where you work.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by AdamuKD: 9:27am On Sep 23, 2022
Flee from sexual immorality

3 Likes

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by seunaj: 9:27am On Sep 23, 2022
Marrying pleasure with work has never and will never be cool. Consensual or not consensual, sleeping with a member of his team will no doubt bring about favoritism in team selection. You can't be dribbling your team member on the inner pitch in the other room and earn premium respect from her when occasion demands on the main pitch. It just doesn't work that way. He should be made to go on a compulsory retirement to make a strong statement in the football world.
This is just one example out of many reasons why some female folks will boss everyone around in an organization just because she is sleeping with the boss,u cannot understand how disgusting this is unless you have had a first hand experience.
On the other hand, many girls have been rendared jobless because of such unwarranted advances from all these married men cheating bosses. Slave/slave-master consensual or nonconsensual relationship within the workspace should be discouraged as much as possible. Women are endangered species in the workplace, expecially in Africa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by Godoverevery: 9:28am On Sep 23, 2022
Kingozymandias:

But this is ont thing that annoys me about my Nigerian brothers abroad. Majority of them behave like animals. You see them with one well brought up lovely akata lady who loves them they will enjoy her love and all the benefits , she will co sign all documents and stand for him as a spouse only for the NONSENSE guy to turn around and cheat on her.

He is not married oooo just have a baby mama fiancee.

See baba this just a clear case of everybody nah thief na who dey catch be barawo.

His just guilty of one of the club policy he didn't do anything wrong morally speaking for me.

15 Likes

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by obembet(f): 9:28am On Sep 23, 2022
Cheating is bad. U have to be faithful in your relationship.

You guys should not support bad thing. If you cheat on me, I will ...... U grin

1 Like

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by sotall(m): 9:28am On Sep 23, 2022
lipsrsealed

More than half of the entire problem of a man is solved if he can control his joystick.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by lytech1(m): 9:28am On Sep 23, 2022
H
Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by lytech1(m): 9:28am On Sep 23, 2022
Cixelo:
This is racism
No....

The club has a NAME to protect.
That's a good and best decision

1 Like

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by SaLongs1(m): 9:29am On Sep 23, 2022
That thing that brings a good brother down on his luck

5 Likes

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by Starboytwo(m): 9:29am On Sep 23, 2022
Romanoff:
Good riddance.

Never crap where you eat.

If you are so indisciplined to commit adultery, don't do it where you work.
it’s not by force to follow this rule tho. Or is it?

1 Like

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by Ikem11(m): 9:29am On Sep 23, 2022
Man no fit cheat in peace again? If two adults agree on something that concerns them both I don't see reason of penalizing them

4 Likes

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by fredoooooo: 9:29am On Sep 23, 2022
Another brother fallen cos of the 3rd leg again ... ; embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by Romanoff(f): 9:29am On Sep 23, 2022
Starboytwo:
it’s not by force to follow this rule tho. Or is it?

Then be ready to deal with the consequences.

4 Likes

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by nilso: 9:29am On Sep 23, 2022
Dear business owner,

PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN TAKING YOUR BUSINESS TO THE NEXT LEVEL.

A recent survey carried out by renowned researchers from a top business school has shown that to a large extent, the success of your business depends on public perception.

Ask yourself these questions. What comes to mind when your company's name is heard? What do people think about your business? What is your business identified with?

As you should already know, it is almost impossible to succeed in today's internet world, without proper branding. What your potential customer thinks of your business is very important.

PLEASE, PAY CLOSE ATTENTION NOW.

Do you know that the most visible element of your brand is your logo? If your logo is substandard, potential customers and investors will likely think that your company is inferior to that of your competitors who have a more professional branding image.

This is not just hearsay. A study conducted over 10 years by The Design Council has proved that a strong design, increases business performance and revenue.

If you must move your business to the next level in this technology age, it is very important that you invest in a professional logo today.

The good news is, there is a brand that currently offers to design a high quality logo at just 40% of its original cost.

Instead of ₦10,000, you can get the following at just ₦3,990!;

• An outstanding, distinctive logo. As a result, your business would see a significant growth in its clientele and potential customers.
• A completely opaque version of your logo that can be applied as a stamp on images of your goods and services.
• A two-dimensional rendition of your logo to be used on business cards, stationary, and other materials.
• Three distinct 3D variants of your logo that provide you a market advantage and separates it from the logos of your competitors.
• Your company's logo in PDF format.

Call them with the number on the flyer below or contact them via WhatsApp to take advantage of this discount before it ends.

Your design will get delivered within 24 - 48 HOURS!!!

Send them a message now!

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by Adioman(m): 9:30am On Sep 23, 2022
Woman don finish dis one

1 Like

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by tuzle(m): 9:30am On Sep 23, 2022
MadeInTokyo:
grin grin grin
Too harsh
Because of just cheating
Why was Kobe Bryant not suspended when he cheated with his wife some years back
was Kobe bryant with a staff of the team and it is in there policy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by godguy: 9:30am On Sep 23, 2022
Kingozymandias:

He is an American not a Nigerian.

You can check this link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ime_Udoka

He was born in US

If you are suffering from inferiority complex, just limit it to yourself.

Is Pique or R-kelly, etc Nigerians?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by Green3x3: 9:30am On Sep 23, 2022
.Checkout my signature to learn hacking
PayPal hacking
Instagram hacking
Facebook hacking
Wifi hacking
Phone hacking
Etc
Like, subscribe and follow the channel for more content
Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by Green3x3: 9:31am On Sep 23, 2022
Hi I do boost social media accounts for a cheap and affordable price...
Instagram account
Tiktok Account
Facebook account
Twitter account and many more ,do well to patronize me....
I ALSO SELL INSTAGRAM AND FACEBOOK ACCOUNTS.... MESSAGE MY NUMBER BELOW TO BUY CHEAP....
Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by bigdammyj: 9:31am On Sep 23, 2022
Noted.
Re: Boston Celtics Suspend Ime Udoka For 2022-23 Season by rusher14: 9:32am On Sep 23, 2022
MadeInTokyo:

grin grin grin
Too harsh
Because of just cheating
Why was Kobe Bryant not suspended when he cheated with his wife some years back
I am tempted to scream RACISM

Just that Kobe's black.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Thrash South Africa 0-3 In All Africa Games Women Football. / Aiteo Takes Over Sponsorship Of CAF Awards / Ajibade Bags Brace As Super Falcons Beat Ethiopia In Olympic Qualifier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.