Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. (18131 Views)

Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? / Artificial Insemination, A Sin? / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by integrity16(m): 1:23pm On Sep 25, 2022
Mary didn't have sexual intercourse before getting pregnant, that was the first insemination by the holy spirit.
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by Epurogonogono(m): 1:29pm On Sep 25, 2022
Krismas:
grin Wot u have said is not only false it’s equally BLASPHEMOUS.
Jesus birth is more of CLONING. There was no form of insemination wotsoever

Maybe you are right, but the point is that Jesus was not conceived through marriage, which is the reason OP termed AI as a sin.

I hope you get my point.
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by Goodcitizen1: 1:30pm On Sep 25, 2022
Whatever!. Everything is a sin in Africa religion. Every other continent is progressing but Africa countries keeps carrying region for head
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by LadyExcellency: 1:39pm On Sep 25, 2022
All these Assistant God don tire people.

Will you stop this accidental phariseeism?
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by Dpharmacist: 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2022
LordPsalm:
Next time, please provide unequivocal Scriptural reference okay.

I hate this about Nigerian Religious ppl, always creating sin where there is none.

The Scripture was clear where it said add not and substract not.

Adultery and fornication are all sins.
Now, getting pregnant unnaturally without even the sinful acts is also sin.

Abeg go this ur heaven alone and shut the door. The rule to ur heaven is too much.
Exactly
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by MikeofAfrica: 1:53pm On Sep 25, 2022
Steep:
a child is not a seed of mango you can just chose to plant.
Artificial insemination is taking the seed of a man that is not your husband to make babies in adoption does not involve making babies.

You see the difference?

What is destroying the world is sin, everyone wants to make rules for themselves.

That is why homosexuality, transgender is growing because the practioners don't see anything wrong with it.

You Can never have morality with God. If you live outside christ you will die outside christ and end up in eternity outside christ.

First, I am totally against all forms of homosexuality. It is a sin and abomination before God and Man.
However on the issue of Artificial Insemination, there are arguements in it's favor. Mary had Jesus through a process that we can describe as Spiritual insemination. That is a wisdom of God which He expect us to imitate.
Hence It is not a sin for a woman approaching her menopause and who is not lucky to have a husband to have a baby through artificial insemination. That is applying wisdom to solve a problem which is in accordance to the teachings of the Bible.

It is very similar to adopting a child. In adoption, you legally buy a seed that has already germinate while in artificial insemination, you legally buy a raw seed and have it germinate in your womb. So what is the difference since you are buying the seed of a man that is not your husband in both cases.?
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by phemmyfour: 1:53pm On Sep 25, 2022
OneMillionBTC:
Op here is the original question:

So supposing an unmarried woman decides to artificially inseminate herself because she is approaching menopause.. Then she gets pregnant.
Is it a sin??
Note: Fornication is not involved.
What would be the stand of the church on such issues?

Approaching Menopause is the reason from the question but your answer is hinging on "she doesn't want to get married"

Except you are trying to say artificial insemination is ungodly for whatsoever reason ,which is not true.
Menopause or not? If she's not destined to have a child, even artificial insemination will not work for her .

We should quit trying to change the default settings.

1 Like

Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by BloomingDale(f): 1:56pm On Sep 25, 2022
Krismas:
grin Its abundantly clear that the Bible we use today did not descend from the Dead Sea scroll
The age of the scroll is 300BCE-1CE. There is no event of 300BCE captured in the Old Testament. The book of First and Second Maccabee, which didn’t even make it into the Bible is events that took place 500BCE. So, Dead Sea Scroll is a copy, which got hidden. It doesn’t mean it was the only copy at d time. Copies of copies of copies had to be made all the time b4 printing press came. So our Bible today was from other copy which is not DSS. And DSS itself is a copy

That is why I said Christianity and the bible were got from other ancient religions/myths/folktales and books. What I did not go into properly or research was the GENEsis of it all, that is, which of the various religions/myths/folktales and books Christianity was derived from. Go read the dead sea scrolls. It's almost like the bible was copied word for word from it.

The story of the Egyptian plagues is in the Egyptian hieroglyphics writings that is way older than the dead sea scrolls, bible etc
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by sonofthunder: 2:00pm On Sep 25, 2022
BloomingDale:
Ladies, please don't listen to the fool up there. The same bible that said woman was created out of man cannot be supported by nature or science. All men come through the woman.

You don't need to insult anyone to make your point.... So how was the woman created?
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by Krismas(m): 2:05pm On Sep 25, 2022
BloomingDale:

That is why I said Christianity and the bible were got from other ancient religions/myths/folktales and books. What I did not go into properly or research was the GENEsis of it all, that is, which of the various religions/myths/folktales and books Christianity was derived from. Go read the dead sea scrolls. It's almost like the bible was copied word for word from it.

The story of the Egyptian plagues is in the Egyptian hieroglyphics writings that is way older than the dead sea scrolls, bible etc
grin U don’t understand grin
If I have a photocopy of a document and u also have a similar photocopy, it doesn’t mean my photocopy was photocopied from yours. Yours is not the original and certainly wasn’t photocopied from the original.
The DSS has variations in it different from current Bible. Though not serous but significant nonetheless
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by Krismas(m): 2:10pm On Sep 25, 2022
BloomingDale:

grin I don’t understand wot u mean by Egyptian plagues in Hieroglyphics but not in DSS? Wot abt dat? Maybe it may help if u remember Israel was in Egypt for 500yrs
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by LadyTara(f): 2:10pm On Sep 25, 2022
Op it's your mate that sat down in the lab and came up with technology and drugs while you fast and pray , nonsense. angry.

You want to rely on a book that was written when camels were their only means of transportation to dictate if artificial insemination is a sin or not? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by Steep: 2:31pm On Sep 25, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

First, I am totally against all forms of homosexuality. It is a sin and abomination before God and Man.
However on the issue of Artificial Insemination, there are arguements in it's favor. Mary had Jesus through a process that we can describe as Spiritual insemination. That is a wisdom of God which He expect us to imitate.
Hence It is not a sin for a woman approaching her menopause and who is not lucky to have a husband to have a baby through artificial insemination. That is applying wisdom to solve a problem which is in accordance to the teachings of the Bible.

It is very similar to adopting a child. In adoption, you legally buy a seed that has already germinate while in artificial insemination, you legally buy a raw seed and have it germinate in your womb. So what is the difference since you are buying the seed of a man that is not your husband in both cases.?

You cannot compare the pregnancy of Mary to artificial insemination, why?
The seed of Mary's pregnancy was not the seed of a man.
Artificial insemination is using the seed of a man to cause fertilization.

If the seed is not of a woman's husband then it is a sin.

Adoption and Insemination are not similar.
You have just stated their difference? One is making a baby the other is making a baby yours.
The only legal way to make a baby in God's sight is to get married another is sin.

There is no argument here.

Note artificial insemination is not a sin if the seed is from the husband.
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by MikeofAfrica: 2:49pm On Sep 25, 2022
Steep:

You cannot compare the pregnancy of Mary to artificial insemination, why?
The seed of Mary's pregnancy was not the seed of a man.
Artificial insemination is using the seed of a man to cause fertilization.

If the seed is not of a woman's husband then it is a sin.

The only problem here is that you have refuse to be pragmatic in your approach to this issue.
I did not say that Mary had Artificial Insemination. She conceive through the Holy Spirit which is similar to Artificial Insemination since the seed was not from her husband.
You agreed with me that adoption is not a sin. When you adopt a child, are you not buying a seed from a man that is not your husband. Is that not the same ideology as Articifial Insemination.
Religion has make many of us to become rigid. Do you even know that God permits a man to have kids for his brother if he is dead or impotent? No Pastor will tell you these things but you have to get to the point of maturity where you will not regard all compromise as sin.
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by Lighthouse50: 3:11pm On Sep 25, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

The same Bible told us to be as wise as a Serpent. Remember the Serpent is another name for Satan. Hence if science is satanic as you claim, then God expect you to know and believe in Science.
The truth is that God is the first Scientist in existence. He created the heavens and Earth. He told us to dominate over His creatures by also becoming creative - Genesis 1: 28.
That is the origin of science. We are how having Dominion over the Sea through Ships. We are now having Dominion over the air through Aeroplanes and rockets. We are having domion over our body through medicine.
Artificial insemination is an imitation of the Spiritual insemination of Mary by the Holy Spirit. It is not a sin if it is done with good motives.
If you do not believe in menopause, then marry a 60 years old woman and wait for her to have a child for you.
Man of little faith and understanding. Buy knowlege and dn not sell it. Pray to God to help your faith.
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by MikeofAfrica: 3:15pm On Sep 25, 2022
phemmyfour:
Menopause or not? If she's not destined to have a child, even artificial insemination will not work for her .

We should quit trying to change the default settings.

How will a woman know that she is not destined to have a child? Is it not when all natural and artificial process of conception did not work for her that she can come to such conclusion?

1 Like

Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by prophetfire: 3:28pm On Sep 25, 2022
Balderdash. The type of Christians that teach people into unnecessary bondage and suffering.

The microphone and sound system you use in church, did the Bible recommend them?
Were they used by Jesus and the prophets or disciples?
Why not continue to shout with ordinary mouth as Jesus and Moses and the prophets and disciples did?
Hypocrites!!!!
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by bepositive11: 3:28pm On Sep 25, 2022
Righteousness2:
https://www.nairaland.com/7343413/artificial-insemination-sin-when-done#116851699

Since you don't support innovation, stop using computers and smartphones first. Stop using internet too.
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by bepositive11: 3:31pm On Sep 25, 2022
SKYHIGHfx:
It will take extra 2 million years for AFRICA to realize that they have been scammed by religion

I'm telling you. I can't understand how come Africans believe so strongly in religion, even more so than the Westerners who introduced them to it. Until we break free, we're not going to make any progress.

1 Like

Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by bepositive11: 3:32pm On Sep 25, 2022
otijah:
I have not read a single scripture where the Bible condemned artificial insemination

Artificial insemination didn't exist when the Bible was written. At that time, they never imagined that it could be possible.
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by MikeofAfrica: 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2022
Lighthouse50:
Man of little faith and understanding. Buy knowlege and dn not sell it. Pray to God to help your faith.

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge . Because you reject knowledge, I will reject you - Hosea 4:6.
It was God that gave the Scientist who invented Artificial insemination such knowledge. Hence a man will be mocking God if he rejects a solution that God has provided for his problem.
It is not an act of faith but foolishness. It is like a man refusing to send his kid to school believing that by faith, God will make the child to begin to read and write.
It is only when you have tried all available solutions to your problem within your means that you can hold God by His Word and await His Divine intervention if the problem persists.
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by Tgb1: 4:01pm On Sep 25, 2022
Really
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by Lighthouse50: 4:14pm On Sep 25, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge . Because you reject knowledge, I will reject you - Hosea 4:6.
It was God that gave the Scientist who invented Artificial insemination such knowledge. Hence a man will be mocking God if he rejects a solution that God has provided for his problem.
It is not an act of faith but foolishness. It is like a man refusing to send his kid to school believing that by faith, God will make the child to begin to read and write.
It is only when you have tried all available solutions to your problem within your means that you can hold God by His Word and await His Divine intervention if the problem persists.
Let everyone hold on to what he has. Behold CHRIST Cometh tn give everyone accnrding to the work of his hand.
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by Deldrax29: 4:36pm On Sep 25, 2022
Ajay7411:
Follow Religion at your own peril wink

I left Christianity in 2018 and I've had a peaceful life since then, no more overzealous pastor telling me how to live my life.

I believe in God btw smiley

You are a fool!
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by Steep: 4:50pm On Sep 25, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

The only problem here is that you have refuse to be pragmatic in your approach to this issue.
I did not say that Mary had Artificial Insemination. She conceive through the Holy Spirit which is similar to Artificial Insemination since the seed was not from her husband.
So which man owns the seed of Mary's pregnancy?

You agreed with me that adoption is not a sin. When you adopt a child, are you not buying a seed from a man that is not your husband. Is that not the same ideology as Articifial Insemination.
and who said adoption is a sin?
You cunning trying to dodge. The issue is not buying but using it to make babies.

Religion has make many of us to become rigid. Do you even know that God permits a man to have kids for his brother if he is dead or impotent? No Pastor will tell you these things but you have to get to the point of maturity where you will not regard all compromise as sin.
haha are you not rigid when you said you don't support homosexuality?
Is it not religion that placed a ban on fornication and adultery?
God didn't permit a man to have kids for his brother outside marriage, the man must marry the woman first.
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by selfemployed(m): 4:57pm On Sep 25, 2022
Righteousness2:
https://www.nairaland.com/7343413/artificial-insemination-sin-when-done#116851699

Yet virgin Mary getting pregnant without natural copulation is not a sin
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by Diego234(m): 5:24pm On Sep 25, 2022
SKYHIGHfx:
It will take extra 2 million years for AFRICA to realize that they have been scammed by religion
Lol that's mean
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by Dshocker(m): 5:51pm On Sep 25, 2022
Righteousness2:

I don't know who to blame, is it you or the church you attend.
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by MikeofAfrica: 6:17pm On Sep 25, 2022
Steep:
So which man owns the seed of Mary's pregnancy?

and who said adoption is a seed?
You cunning trying to dodge. The issue is not buying but using it to make babies.

haha are you not rigid when you said you don't support homosexuality?
Is it not religion that placed a ban on fornication and adultery?
God didn't permit a man to have kids for his brother outside marriage, the man must marry the woman first.

1. Your point has always been that it is a sin for a woman to carry a seed that is not from her husband in her womb. That is why I used the example of Mary whose seed was conceive by the Holy Spirit .

2. If you choose to buy a seed of another man that has already germinated into a baby and another woman choose to buy the original seed and use it to make a baby by herself, both of you are ideologically doing the same thing.
Hence whether you buy a finished product or you buy the raw material to make the finished product by yourself, you are working towards the same objective.

3. In Genesis 38: 8-9, Judah told Oman to sleep with his late brother's wife and have kids for the dead. God killed Oman for not obeying his father.
Note that Oman did not marry the woman before Judah asked him to sleep with her.

In some culture, the man might have to marry his late brother's wife before having kids for him but in some culture, he can have kids for his late brother without marrying his wife.
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by olusegunemmanuel(m): 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2022
"But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, AND KNOWLEDGE SHALL BE INCREASED" (Daniel 12:4)

Being inseminated with another man's sperm is no Artificial Insemination in the sight of God, but ALDULTEROUS INSEMINATION. Whatever scientific name man may be given to it, it is aldultery ( Proverbs 5:15-18; James 4:4)
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by Steep: 7:07pm On Sep 25, 2022
MikeofAfrica:

1. Your point has always been that it is a sin for a woman to carry a seed that is not from her husband in her womb. That is why I used the example of Mary whose seed was conceive by the Holy Spirit .
I asked you was Jesus the seed of a man?

2. If you choose to buy a seed of another man that has already germinated into a baby and another woman choose to buy the original seed and use it to make a baby by herself, both of you are ideologically doing the same thing.
Hence whether you buy a finished product or you buy the raw material to make the finished product by yourself, you are working towards the same objective.
getting an already made car and making a car are they the same?

3. In Genesis 38: 8-9, Judah told Oman to sleep with his late brother's wife and have kids for the dead. God killed Oman for not obeying his father.
Note that Oman did not marry the woman before Judah asked him to sleep with her.

In some culture, the man might have to marry his late brother's wife before having kids for him but in some culture, he can have kids for his late brother without marrying his wife.
Onah actually married his brother's wife.

Genesis 38:8 And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother.

Who is talking of culture here?
There are cultures that permit eating of humans does that make it right?
Re: Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. by ekenehosen: 9:35pm On Sep 25, 2022
Artificial insemination is a sin when done by unmarried lady for whatsoever reason is as the as fornication and adultery. Accepting a sperm cell from somebody whom you are not married to

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Faith & David Oyedepo Celebrate 36th Wedding Anniversary / Are "Saggings" & Wearing "Torn Jeans" Sins? / We Will Defend Ourselves, Churches, Homes Against Boko Haram - Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.