Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,556 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls (3773 Views)

Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria / Osinbajo Wants To Scam You - Sowore Tells Nigerians / Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by nlfpmod: 1:25pm On Sep 23, 2022
Female representation in leadership positions is an economic imperative. A country that keeps down half of its productive demography is bound to perform sub-optimally.

The issue is not just board representation, it is about representation in politics and government where major decisions affecting lives are made. Perhaps, even more importantly, it is about the education of girls.

The high levels of female illiteracy is dangerous from all possible standpoints. If half your population is uneducated, it means that development and competitiveness in a knowledge-driven world won’t happen or will happen too slowly to be of much use.

Educated women means educated children, and this is the pipeline for women who will become CEOs, legislators, government officials and bureaucrats. Female representation must not be reduced to representation by a few elite women who have the good fortune of education.

There is a much larger fight for the future of a large majority of girls who are not even represented in primary schools. We must talk to State Governors. The States of the Federation control primary & secondary education; they must be engaged in the advocacy & persuasion efforts

I think a question that pops up in conversations on this subject is: Do women do better than men in the same positions, or are men better performers on the job than women? The arguments are endless but permit me to share a story from my time as Attorney General of Lagos State ��

Let us also consider these three studies from the Centre for Economic Policy and the Economic Forum; research from Macquarie Business School by Dr. Farida Akhtar and Deloitte's 2021 Women in the Boardroom Report. ����

Nigeria beats the world average by over 3% which clearly shows positive movement in the male dominated boardrooms. We need to do more to increase the number of women's representation in government positions.

https://twitter.com/ProfOsinbajo/status/1573273276675129344

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by NwaNimo1(m): 1:34pm On Sep 23, 2022
Feminist VP......

[img]https://giffiles./216/216372.gif[/img]

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 23, 2022
Let them contest and work hard they'll get there.

No one will carry CEO and leadership positions and hand to them like it's their birthright

16 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by datola: 1:35pm On Sep 23, 2022
I support the motion for affirmative action for our women. There has to be a kind of quota system for them. They have been relegated for soo long.

God bless our women!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by Tboymessiah(m): 1:35pm On Sep 23, 2022
NasoLifeBe!!!

Another banga Lamba!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by Angelfrost(m): 1:36pm On Sep 23, 2022
Osibanjo be testing Buhari and company with such 'dangerous' statements! tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by lhordspy: 1:36pm On Sep 23, 2022
Education of a girl child: This i stand very firmly with, every female child deserves a much better education like the male ones. I find an educated lady more romantic by the way.

BUT

Women in leadership position: A big No No for me, that is more like an avenue to breeding of more feminist. The ones we have now have grown so much wings, They now see themselves as mini-god, that they think the only thing left for them now is a pri*k.

Just yesterday a female prof. beat up the police attached to her. Such effontery!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by Starkbigdreams(m): 1:36pm On Sep 23, 2022
Talks like this make me wonder if Nigerian women are banned from leadership positions.

Nigerian women just don't like taking the lead, they prefer being dominated by men. Tbh

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by Angelfrost(m): 1:38pm On Sep 23, 2022
Starkbigdreams:
Talks like this make me wonder if Nigerian women are banned from leadership positions.

Nigerian women don't like taking the lead, they prefer being dominated. Tbh

...Or they are being largely held down by misogyny and patriarchy!

Tsk tsk!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 23, 2022
If English Language was enough to fix the problems of any society, Dubai for dey envy Nigeria under Osinbajo's Vice Presidency.

Man be churning out stomach sweetening wordplays on every occasion but turns out to be the most docile and disappointing VP in the history of Nigeria's democracy.

And I hate him for making himself into such a knockabout. Imagine the number two citizen of the most populous black Nation on earth being reduced to a LAPO agent!

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:38pm On Sep 23, 2022
Angelfrost:

Tsk tsk!!!
What does this Tsk mean?
Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by socialmediaman: 1:38pm On Sep 23, 2022
Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by AdamuKD: 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2022
grin
Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by bouncin04(m): 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2022
grin
Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by Nrates(m): 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2022
Ok
Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by Tochi3(m): 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2022
Osunbande... How much is the quota of women in leadership Position and girls in school since you and your Principal poo'hari assumed the maladministration of the country.... What have you been doing since 2015 as regards that??

Your poo'hari said women should be in da oda room...and you are here telling us women should be in leadership and school...

Does your party have twö different manifesto for women or none at all or you mean One should recognize women to leadership positions through speakimg motivationally and the other manifesto is based on "in da oda room"...

Confused and lying APCshit

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by Starkbigdreams(m): 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2022
Angelfrost:

Tsk tsk!!!
That is also another factor. Patriarchy and misogyny.

But I put it to you today that women are the gatekeepers of patriarchy. If they want it to end, it'll end.
Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by Angelfrost(m): 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2022
HIGHESTPOPORI:
What does this Tsk mean?

An accepted sound of Disapproval sir!
Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by dangerousd071: 1:40pm On Sep 23, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32PVSAK6CoE
Guys do you know the historical reason behind Manchester Derby

Who do you think will win this coming Derby between the two Manchesters
Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by kunleiky(m): 1:41pm On Sep 23, 2022
Ok.
We are watching
Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by Originalwafi: 1:41pm On Sep 23, 2022
"D errand boy of aso"--- d documentary is out now

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by kunleiky(m): 1:42pm On Sep 23, 2022
Buddha3:
If English Language was enough to fix the problems of any society, Dubai for dey envy Nigeria under Osinbajo's Vice Presidency.

Man be churning out stomach sweetening wordplays on every occasion but turns out to be the most docile and disappointing VP in the history of Nigeria's democracy.

And I hate him for making himself into such a knockabout. Imagine the number two citizen of the most populous black Nation on earth being reduced to a LAPO agent!
Maybe I can agree with you on the rest of your submission.
But Osinbajo is not the worst VP in the history of Nigeria. If we are crying, it doesn't mean we are blind. Let's try to be objective

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by Angelfrost(m): 1:43pm On Sep 23, 2022
Starkbigdreams:

That is also another factor. Patriarchy and misogyny.

But I put it to you today that women are the gatekeepers of patriarchy. If they want it to end, it'll end.

Your last statement is quite interesting!

Please, throw more light on how women can end this especially in third world nations! Thanks.
Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by Cromagnon: 1:46pm On Sep 23, 2022
Angelfrost:

Tsk tsk!!!
define misogyny
Just be parroting nonsense upandan

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by Cmanforall: 1:46pm On Sep 23, 2022
How many women are in leadership position in his team?
Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 23, 2022
kunleiky:

Maybe I can agree with you on the rest of your submission.
But Osinbajo is not the worst VP in the history of Nigeria. If we are crying, it doesn't mean we are blind. Let's try to be objective

By all means, please indulge me.

Who in your informed belief beats Osinbajo to that spot? Which former Vice President since 1999 has been so pitiable enough to be reduced to an errand boy for a presidential cabal?

The one time Osinbajo made a firm move in Buhari's absence and removed a top ranking officer in one of the intelligence agencies, was the decision not roundly rebuffed and was he not further reduced to nothingness upon the return of the Aso rock relic from one of his medical sojourns?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by Angelfrost(m): 1:47pm On Sep 23, 2022
Cromagnon:
define misogyny
Just be parroting nonsense upandan

You have a dictionary online and offline... You need me to teach you how to use it??!

Just be vexing and being unnecessarily defensive upandan!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by Starkbigdreams(m): 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2022
Angelfrost:

Your last statement is quite interesting!

Please, throw more light on how women can end this especially in third world nations! Thanks.

We've already discussed this on nairaland before.
Search for the following keywords "Women -- The Gatekeepers Of Patriarchy" on the nairaland search bar it'll lead you to the thread where the matter was discussed some years ago.
Re: Osinbajo Wants More Women In Leadership Positions & Education Of Girls by Angelfrost(m): 1:49pm On Sep 23, 2022
Starkbigdreams:

We've already discussed this on nairaland before.
Search for the following keywords "Women -- The Gatekeepers Of Patriarchy" on the nairaland search bar it'll lead you to the thread where the matter was discussed some years ago.

Thank you. I will do just that!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Steve Hanke Makes Damning Prediction Of Tinubu's Presidency Based On Analysis / Barrister Sullivan Chime Sacked / Ifo Residents Protest Against Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.