Stats: 3,153,129 members, 7,818,385 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria (10215 Views)

Osinbajo Wants To Scam You - Sowore Tells Nigerians / President Buhari Signs Pledge Card To End Open Defecation By 2025 / Osinbajo Wants Jackson Ude Prosecuted For Defamation (2) (3) (4)

Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by TheRareGem1(f): 2:31pm On Aug 18, 2022
Approves measures to boost Water, Sanitation, Hygiene

Urges improved private sector collaboration

Ongoing efforts to end open defecation in Nigeria by 2025 has received a boost with the approval of measures to accelerate access to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) by the Clean Nigeria Steering Committee chaired by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN.

A meeting of the committee presided over by Prof. Osinbajo virtually, on Wednesday approved prayers contained in the “Clean Nigeria: Use the Toilet Campaign”, 2022 mid-year report.

The Minister of Water Resources, Engr. Suleiman Adamu had earlier in a presentation on the ongoing Clean Nigeria campaign, noted slow advancement in the finalization and roll out of the Tax Credit Scheme and Blue Bond Programme as part of challenges affecting the country-wide campaign.

The prayers to the steering committee approved during the meeting:

1. Support strong advocacy to policy makers at sub national level for prioritization and funding of campaign implementation 

2. Support strong advocacy on public private partnership for sanitation services improvement in public places

3. Support of Federal Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning on the finalization of the issuance of the Blue Bond

4. Support of Federal Ministry of Justice, Federal Ministry of Finance and the Federal Inland Revenue Service on the finalization of Tax Credit Scheme under the Executive Order 009

5. Federal Ministries of Education, Environment and Health to accelerate the initiative of Schools WASH and Health WASH program towards improving access to Sanitation and Hygiene facilities in schools and Healthcare centres

6. Members of Steering Committee to champion the delivery of their respective LGAs as Open Defecation Free in collaboration with the Clean Nigeria Campaign Secretariat.

Speaking while approving the prayers contained in the report, Prof. Osinbajo said the recommendations “capture where the gaps are and the sort of support required.”

The Vice President said “I think that we are making steady progress but there is need for us to do a bit more because only 18% of our people have access to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene in public places,” noting that performances in schools and public places must improve. 

He called on stakeholders “to do more with our sub-nationals. The states hold the aces to make the required efforts to make substantial progress. The fact that more states have Open Defecation Free (ODF) status means we are on course.” 

The Minister of Water Resources, Engr. Suleiman Adamu will be making the presentation at today’s National Economic Council (NEC) meeting, seeking the council’s endorsement. 

Other officials present at the meeting included the Minister of Environment, Mr Mohammed Abdullahi; Head of Civil Service of the Federation, Dr Folashade Esan; representatives of the Association of Local Governments of Nigeria (ALGON); UNICEF, the Organised Private Sector Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (OPS WASH), and the Diaspora Commission.

*Laolu Akande,*
*Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media & Publicity,*
*Office of the Vice President.*
18th August 2022

https://www.facebook.com/100068819936024/posts/pfbid03SRjQrFvN6GDMgyk3BaWJmhGCicjwDU6xJRdMnKpH53S49ntjbWvaLNkKFQYo2USl/

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by TheRareGem1(f): 2:31pm On Aug 18, 2022
I use to think why would anyone just open defecates; either in the daylight or night...it is insane and dangerous to the health which can cause infectious intestinal diseases, including diarrheal diseases which are exacerbated by poor water supplies, sanitation and hygiene; adverse pregnancy outcomes.

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by Joylove2324(f): 2:33pm On Aug 18, 2022
Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by Shooyie: 2:35pm On Aug 18, 2022
“to do more with our sub-nationals. The states hold the aces to make the required efforts to make substantial progress. The fact that more states have Open Defecation Free (ODF) status means we are on course.” 
 I think State governments have a huge role to play to ensure efficiency of the government's efforts this includes the citizen's willingness to end open defecation.
Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by Zeemam: 2:50pm On Aug 18, 2022
Say no to open Defecation
Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by Romanoff(f): 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2022
That one go hard.

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 18, 2022
Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by techmatas: 2:57pm On Aug 18, 2022
interesting
Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by Sitwalkstand: 2:57pm On Aug 18, 2022
Any time i see Osinbajo.

I imagine how our election would have been if we had

Peter Obi In Labour

Osinbajo in APC and maybe Tambuwal in PDP

The election for sweet.

now na OBI all the way

27 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by Itohanmiwa: 2:57pm On Aug 18, 2022
It is very annoying, especially jogging in the morning and the horrible stench oozes out anytime you go through any aboki dominated neighborhood or gariki as they call it. Most times you'll see them open their yansh waaaa dey shit pick teeth at the same time. Weird people. God bless Nigeria (we are all one)

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by dogmart(m): 2:58pm On Aug 18, 2022
smiles.

Why are these people leaving main objectives and facing the "secondarys"?

Improve standard of living of the masses and see if people wont live in comfortable buildings with correct WC and all tiled toilets.

Or did u build good toilets everywhere and they rejected it?

Even if u enforce it till tomrw, when landlord no get money to do soakaway, tenants wey no get moni will have no choice but to keep practicing short-put. undecided

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by Goodmanamen: 2:58pm On Aug 18, 2022
Unemployment cause am,poverty. cry

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by BrickDevo: 2:58pm On Aug 18, 2022
Please this is not the problem we need solved, power power solve power problem, it is a major setback to the development of our people

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by highchief1: 2:59pm On Aug 18, 2022
TheRareGem1:
Approves measures to boost Water, Sanitation, Hygiene

Urges improved private sector collaboration

https://www.facebook.com/100068819936024/posts/pfbid03SRjQrFvN6GDMgyk3BaWJmhGCicjwDU6xJRdMnKpH53S49ntjbWvaLNkKFQYo2USl/
so where we go Dey defecate?Nthg sweet reach open defecation breeze go Dey blow u for nyash.
Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by seunlayi(m): 2:59pm On Aug 18, 2022
This is not our problem. Fix economy,security, infrastructures ...... and leave people with their poo palaver
Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by Sazzay(m): 2:59pm On Aug 18, 2022
It not possible.... Not in nija

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by BlackPantherxXx: 3:00pm On Aug 18, 2022

If you want to end open defecation...then you remove 5%ers from Nigeria.

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by ekanx27(m): 3:00pm On Aug 18, 2022
Is Osinbajo still in this country and the APC political space?

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by BlackPantherxXx: 3:01pm On Aug 18, 2022
Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by casualobserver: 3:01pm On Aug 18, 2022
This is what Osinbajo has now been reduced to, talking about where to shit?

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by ufotunang: 3:02pm On Aug 18, 2022
So with all the serious problems facing Nigerians for now...the bad economy, ASUU strike, PHED strike, poverty, hunger, hardship, high costs of food stuffs, unemployment..this is the only one that is disturbing you abi .. and you wanted to be president of nigeria

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by Benwallt(m): 3:04pm On Aug 18, 2022
Dump full back of Aso Rock. This kind thing can not end in Nigeria. If you even leave your door open, some elements will enter there and take a dump.

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by Jamiubond009(m): 3:05pm On Aug 18, 2022
Na afonja muslims favorite pastime be dat grin Dem and cleanliness are like poles.They repel tongue

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by Eriokanmi: 3:05pm On Aug 18, 2022
Romanoff:
That one go hard.
Esp among northerners. They still live in the 18th century

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by PrinceMajestic: 3:05pm On Aug 18, 2022
It can't stop in the north, in north I couldn't use corpers stupid toilet so I enjoyed it then in north, I just fill my kettle like a Mallam going for prayers and straight to the nearest bush. What surprises me then was that while I squatting doing my thing I see fulani herders and their cattle approaching at first I'm scared that they've seen me but to my greatest surprise they too will squat on the other side and greet me by waving at me from their end. open defecation is a northern thing, so many bill boards in north campaigning against open defecation but I'm just wondering why this should be what Mr vice president is worried about if not for the high level of his uselessness in Aso rock

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by sylve11: 3:06pm On Aug 18, 2022
If Osinbajo should dare come to the riverine communities, mostly min the Niger Delta, I'm pretty certain the law would be implemented today today. sad

They defecates recklessly in the water and even at the waterside where passengers board boats meant for transportation. If you are not careful, you'll step on poop, use it to rub the boat unknowingly and other unsuspecting passengers will have a share of it by either using their hands to romance the poop or otherwise. embarassed cry

To me, it's long overdue. cool

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by Doubleoh7: 3:06pm On Aug 18, 2022
Done by who? Shey this one dey find who to whine? How much have you guys done in your almost 8 years? Na to use 18bn clear grass una sabi

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by tctrills: 3:07pm On Aug 18, 2022
Shooyie:
“to do more with our sub-nationals. The states hold the aces to make the required efforts to make substantial progress. The fact that more states have Open Defecation Free (ODF) status means we are on course.” 
 I think State governments have a huge role to play to ensure efficiency of the government's efforts this includes the citizen's willingness to end open defecation.
What do you mean by citizen's willingness to end open defecation? Do you really think that the citizens have any better alternative. People don't take shit in the bush because the want to. They do it because they have to

Re: Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria by Cj4charles(m): 3:07pm On Aug 18, 2022

Obasanjo - PDP Faces Extinction In Lagos / Kano LG Polls: NDLEA Screens 250 Candidates, Says Some Of Them Are Drug Addict / Femi Adesina: Corruption Rating Indicts All Nigerians, Not Just Buhari Regime