Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,651 members, 7,862,000 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:28 AM

How Do I End A Controlling Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I End A Controlling Relationship? (212 Views)

'how Do I End A Blood Covenant Relationship I Made With My Boyfriend? He Refuses / I'm Not Marrying Her: How DO I End This Relationship, All My Trap Has Faild Me / How Do I End This Relationship?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I End A Controlling Relationship? by Joychinonyerem: 5:44pm On Sep 23, 2022
Ending a controlling  relationship can be even harder than being in one. Though you may think that you don't have the courage to end the relationship or that your partner won't be able to make it without you -- even if they hurt you all the time -- you won't be able to start living life on your own terms until you make the break. If you want to truly end the relationship, then you have to prepare in advance, execute your plan, and follow through. The most important part is building up the courage to do it.

Part 1 of how to end a Controlling Relationship
Part 1 of 3:
Prepare to End the Relationship

Recognize that you're being controlled. Many controlling relationships last far longer than they should because the person who is being controlled  is in denial about anything being wrong. You may think your partner is just a bit moody or needy when in fact, that person has slowly taken over every aspect of your life. Here are some signs that you're in a manipulative or controlling relationship:[1]
If you've noticed that the person has slowly begun to take over every aspect of your life -- from how often you see friends to where you go for dinner -- then you're being controlled.
If the person you're with has angry or emotional outbursts followed by telling you how much s/he needs you or loves you, then the person is trying to control you with his/her emotions.
If you've tried to leave before and the person has threatened violence or even suicide, then you're being threatened and manipulated.
If the person you're with is extremely jealous and hates it when you hang out with your friends, especially with people of the opposite gender, and makes it difficult for you to hang out with other people, then you're being controlled.
If your partner has put you down in front of friends and family, has discouraged you from speaking too much in public, and gives you a scary look that makes you keep quiet, then you're being controlled.
If you find yourself giving in to your partner time and time again because you're afraid of how s/he will act if you don't, then you need to get out of the relationship.
If you're being pressured to do things you don't want to do, especially sexually, then you're being controlled.
If you find yourself desperate to please that person at any cost, then you've stopped thinking about yourself.
If the person makes you feel like there's no way out of the relationship and that you'll never find someone else who wants you, then you're being controlled into staying in the relationship.

Read More ���

https://www.walkingbyfaith.com.ng/how-to-end-a-con…-or-relationship/

(1) (Reply)

A Secret Revealed / I Need Loan Badly / SOLVE YOUR MARRIAGE PROBLEMS WITH POWERFUL PRAYERS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.