Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Has Anyone Here Activated Esim In Nigeria? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Has Anyone Here Activated Esim In Nigeria? (1509 Views)

I Activated The MTN Esim Today / Apple Iphone 14 And 14 Plus Unveiled: Satellite Msg, Esim Only In The US / Can Esim Be Activated On World Wide Unlocked Iphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Here Activated Esim In Nigeria? by fineboynl(m): 7:35pm On Sep 23, 2022
What and what is the process to get the esim?

Also can the esim work together with the physical sim? Like if you want to keep both esim and the physical sim on the same number.

Lastly how much to get the esim?

NB: I want to use dual sim on my iPhone
Re: Has Anyone Here Activated Esim In Nigeria? by dustmalik: 7:46pm On Sep 23, 2022
fineboynl:

Also can the esim work together with the physical sim? Like if you want to keep both esim and the physical sim on the same number.

MTN: Your valid NIN number.

MTN: No. a number can't be active on both physical and esim at the same time.

MTN: esim is free.

MTN: The esim can be MTN, and a physical sim from a different service provider.

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Activated Esim In Nigeria? by fineboynl(m): 7:55pm On Sep 23, 2022
dustmalik:

thanks I will go mtn office tomorrow. My only problem is the crowed and time waste at the office.
Re: Has Anyone Here Activated Esim In Nigeria? by fineboynl(m): 8:01pm On Sep 23, 2022
dustmalik:

lol mtn said the one year is on free trial and that means it’s not free. Who knows what come next as we all know nothing surprises us in this country. Also I heard iPhone will be changing subscribers for the esim.
Re: Has Anyone Here Activated Esim In Nigeria? by jaeyking(m): 8:01pm On Sep 23, 2022
We are finally getting there
Accepting 5G now esim

We
Re: Has Anyone Here Activated Esim In Nigeria? by dustmalik: 8:05pm On Sep 23, 2022
fineboynl:
lol mtn said the one year is on free trial and that means it’s not free. Who knows what come next as we all know nothing surprises us in this country. Also I heard iPhone will be changing subscribers for the esim.
As of this moment, it's still free.
Re: Has Anyone Here Activated Esim In Nigeria? by fineboynl(m): 8:11pm On Sep 23, 2022
dustmalik:

As of this moment, it's still free.
it’s a trial. You don’t know what trials are?

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Activated Esim In Nigeria? by IbrahimMav: 4:52am On Sep 24, 2022
fineboynl:

For a service to be free trial, it means the service is free for a limited amount of time, usually 6-12 months, after which, you'd start paying for the service.

So the guy you quoted is right, cuz as of now, MTN esim is free.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Here Activated Esim In Nigeria? by davidluv(m): 7:15am On Sep 24, 2022
Go Activate your e-sim bro and enjoy dual sim capabilities on your iPhone. I'm in Kaduna and it works perfectly.

3 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Here Activated Esim In Nigeria? by noobody(m): 11:51am On Sep 24, 2022
fineboynl:

There is nothing special about a esim,
It's more like a physical SIM card but in this case it is programmed to your device.

Are you been charged anything extra to use your physical sim?

MTN said it's free for one year,means after one year they would start charging customers to pay for the esim befor it is activated.

Any network provider that charges for esim to be used on there network is a joker,

Best they can charge for is the payment to get the esim just as how you pay to buy a new physical SIM.

(1) (Reply)

Here's The Iphone 15 Pro In Its Hero Dark Red Color / 'memory Card Currupted' Its There Any Thing I Can Do? / Zain Zte Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.