Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? (1343 Views)

As A Married Person, If Your Spouse Starved You Of Intimacy, How Will You React? / Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. / I Think I'm A Bad Person. Married Peeps Please Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 23, 2022
This man I'm doing business with is very inconsiderate and I've lve decided to pay him in his own coin.

He supplied me books at very exorbitant rate this year to which my schools complained and I had to sell at a rate that didn't fetch much gain. I begged him to bring down the price but he wasn't bending and told me to drop his books if I'm not ok with the price claiming the cost of printing has gone up.

Three days ago, I asked him to supply more of a particular class and he said he's out of stock of it and I was like why didn't you print enough copies knowing its a new session. He said he didn't even print at all for that particular class that the one he gave me was from three years ago production. Hmm... I now thought that why did he now sell it the same high rate with the others.

So, I texted him and told him, I'm not going to pay the new rate for that class since it was from three years ago. That's cheating. He then said hes not going to collect any old rate. That I must pay the new one. Meanwhile, I had some of his books remaining from last year (old rate) that I've sold this year and even told him about it cos he didn't know. I paid part already but I'm thinking of keeping the remaining from old stock to make up for the cheating.

Am I being slothful if I do that because this man is such a greedy fellow. Books from 450 to 750. I even regret telling him about the leftovers with me. Just sent him part of the money this evening. He's not aware I still have a few more.

Please advise me cos I hate cheating.

Seun
Nlfpmod.
Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by Kooldon(f): 10:36pm On Sep 23, 2022
Is your conscience at war with you?
I believe there are other competitors in the market in which you can switch over.
By the price at which you are giving to parents, are they not exorbitant?

2 Likes

Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 23, 2022
Kooldon:
Is your conscience at war with you?
I believe there are other competitors in the market in which you can switch over.
By the price at which you are giving to parents, are they not exorbitant?

The price I'm giving schools is not exorbitant. Very fair price.
Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by Gentlechika(m): 11:03pm On Sep 23, 2022
There is no cheating here. He told u his price, for Gods sake if ure not OK with the price why not look away. Now ure saying u dont want to pay him his complete balance. That's a renage on the agreement, and it is you who is the cheat here.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by socialmediaman: 11:10pm On Sep 23, 2022
It's his rate, it's his business.

Whenever they announce new Petrol rate for example, you have to start selling at the new price if it's a strictly regulated commodity, whether it's old or new stock. It's your gain or loss!

What he's doing is called "business" not "cheating". He has monopoly and you play by his rules till you become a large distributor with influence. It's a basic economic concept

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by Simplyfun: 11:14pm On Sep 23, 2022
Give him his money. He told you before now and you agreed.

2 Likes

Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 24, 2022
Simplyfun:
Give him his money. He told you before now and you agreed.

He claimed the cost of printing went up making me believe this particular batch was among meanwhile he didn't print it this year. That's my annoyance.
Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by mrblessed(m): 8:43am On Sep 24, 2022
I don't see any difference between you and your business partner. One tells lies about his products, the other wants to renege on her words. The problem, though, is that you seem to attribute a moral quality you apparently don't possess.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 24, 2022
mrblessed:
I don't see any difference between you and your business partner. One tells lies about his products, the other wants to renege on her words. The problem, though, is that you seem to attribute a moral quality you apparently don't possess.

Whatever!
Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by Nigga44: 9:33am On Sep 24, 2022
Meanwhile, I had some of his books remaining from last year (old rate) that I've sold this year and even told him about it cos he didn't know.

If I understand what you wrote up there.....seems to me you also cheated parents too by selling to them at the new rate books you got last year (old rate)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 24, 2022
Nigga44:
Meanwhile, I had some of his books remaining from last year (old rate) that I've sold this year and even told him about it cos he didn't know.

If I understand what you wrote up there.....seems to me you also cheated parents too by selling to them at the new rate books you got last year (old rate)

I didn't cheat them. I only sold at the current market price.
Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by Riverrun: 10:30am On Sep 24, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
This man I'm doing business with is very inconsiderate and I've lve decided to pay him in his own coin.

He supplied me books at very exorbitant rate this year to which my schools complained and I had to sell at a rate that didn't fetch much gain. I begged him to bring down the price but he wasn't bending and told me to drop his books if I'm not ok with the price claiming the cost of printing has gone up.

Three days ago, I asked him to supply more of a particular class and he said he's out of stock of it and I was like why didn't you print enough copies knowing its a new session. He said he didn't even print at all for that particular class that the one he gave me was from three years ago production. Hmm... I now thought that why did he now sell it the same high rate with the others.

So, I texted him and told him, I'm not going to pay the new rate for that class since it was from three years ago. That's cheating. He then said hes not going to collect any old rate. That I must pay the new one. Meanwhile, I had some of his books remaining from last year (old rate) that I've sold this year and even told him about it cos he didn't know. I paid part already but I'm thinking of keeping the remaining from old stock to make up for the cheating.

Am I being slothful if I do that because this man is such a greedy fellow. Books from 450 to 750. I even regret telling him about the leftovers with me. Just sent him part of the money this evening. He's not aware I still have a few more.

Seun
Nlfpmod.

It looks like you are a troublesome person and also a Thief.
If you don't like the price return his books. You can not tell somebody how much they chose to sell their products.

He told you he didn't produce any for this year that the ones he even gave you are from three years ago and he has none left. You did not even ask him why!
Don't you yourself know that cost of production 3 years ago and now can be a factor why he didn't produce any this year?

Now you want to choose to pay old price that means you don't want him to be in business anymore. Please return his books if you don't want to pay the new price.

8 Likes

Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 24, 2022
Riverrun:

It looks like you are a troublesome person and also a Thief.
If you don't like the price return his books. You can not tell somebody how much they chose to sell their products.

He told you he didn't produce any for this year that the ones he even gave you are from three years ago and he has none left. You did not even ask him why!
Don't you yourself know that cost of production 3 years ago and now can be a factor why he didn't produce any this year?

Now you want to choose to pay old price that means you don't want him to be in business anymore. Please return his books if you don't want to pay the new price.

Does this warrant you calling me a thief even though I was only still threatening not to pay him but haven't done so?

Go and learn some manners because you clearly lack one.

Only a thief will know a thief but sorry to disappoint you, I'm not, otherwise I won't even be here seeking others opinion/advice.
Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by garriAndsugar: 12:02pm On Sep 24, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

So why are you angry since he's also giving you at current market price?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by Fulanbanza: 12:16pm On Sep 24, 2022
madam pay him his money, don't be wicked. petrol station buy tanker of fuel store am when price b #85, they decided to sell it #120 when price of fuel don increase all over, then your neubour tell you say the fuel u buy from the petrol station was that sold to the public when the price of fuel was #85, you con vex go back the filling station say make them give you change because dem suppose sell fuel for you #85 instead of #120 you buy am. you think say the filling station go answer you?

the difference here is that the man even pity you give you goods on credit to help your school grow, now you de yan nonsense.

Better pay that man him correct money as he sell for u

3 Likes

Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by Fulanbanza: 12:17pm On Sep 24, 2022
garriAndsugar:

So why are you angry since he's also giving you at current market price?
help me ask her o. she for sell at the old price na

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 24, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

Seun
Nlfpmod.

Madam,what exactly did he do wrong here?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by oazeez1991(m): 1:19pm On Sep 24, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

Seun
Nlfpmod.

What I see here is business, not cheating, and in business which is tantamount to contract, you either agree or disagree. Just as he already asked you, return his book should you are not okay with his price, then find another seller that his/her price resonate with your expectation. Situation or when his products were produced is none of your concern. I guess you don't consider what he also had to put in place, storage wise, to get those books still intact and useful. I bet if he didn't announce to you there were stocks from past years, you wouldn't have known, so why feeling cheated? Afterall, you weren't also selling at the prices you used to. It doesn't work as you perceived it in business. You are even lucky he has been giving out his stocks to you on a pay-later terms which is an easy way of passively making income (zero effort and risk at your end as you only remit to him whenever you make sales, he has been the one bearing the risk in all sense).

Should you chose not to pay him for the old stocks with you, with the excuses he wasn't aware or must have forgotten, you would succeed in taking advantage of his good gesture. Unless, your conscience is dead already, I don't see you getting comfortable with it ever after, especially when you still get to deal with the said man. It's his sweat, don't reap it.

Once again, if you are not okay with his price, change distributor, with that you get to juxtapose and realise the advantage you have, dealing with him.

2 Likes

Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 24, 2022
Ok. Thanks everyone for talking some sense into me. I'll pay him his money.

Thanks guys.

1 Like

Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 24, 2022
4Humanity4All:

Madam,what exactly did he do wrong here?

Ok. My bad.
Thanks.
Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by sunnymighty(m): 3:52pm On Sep 24, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

Thanks guys.

God bless you for this line, your business will prosper.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 24, 2022
sunnymighty:

God bless you for this line, your business will prosper.

Amen.
Thank you.
Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by Tina001(f): 6:45am On Sep 25, 2022
Please pay him his Money.. Old stocks or not. Remember, even if they are old stocks, the day they get finished, he will have to produce again at the current market price and not the old price anymore so if you don't pay him current market price, how will he produce again?? Try and be considerate, this is business and nobody would want to run at loss in business.

1 Like

Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by extol1(m): 8:52am On Sep 25, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

Thanks guys.
this is the part i love about you. God bless you and your school

3 Likes

Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 25, 2022
extol1:
this is the part i love about you. God bless you and your school

Amen.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by Coldplay007(f): 11:55am On Sep 25, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

Loool. This is exactly the same thing he is doing nah. Why are you angry?
Re: Am I A Bad Person If I Do This? by Ishilove: 1:51pm On Sep 25, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

It is still the same thing. You bought the books at the old rate and sold it to parents at the new rate. You are doing exactly what your distributor is doing to you.

He who comes to equity must come with clean hands

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Please, How Can I Remove Rust Iron Stain From White Clothes? / Wife And Car / Where Are My Supporting Section Members?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.