Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? (879 Views)

APC Would’ve Lost To Atiku If Osinbajo Got APC Ticket – Igbokwe Counters Sanusi / 'Northern Stakeholders Will Leave PDP If Wike Mistakenly Emerges As A Candidate' / Atiku: If We Truly Deregulated, Shouldn’t Fuel Price Drop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by Penguin2: 6:57am On Sep 24, 2022
There’s one thing I’ve come to accept as the only thing that is real on this earth and that is Karma. “What goes around comes around” is a living statement that is breathing in and out.

When in 2015, Atiku, Saraki, Tambuwal, etc, walked out of the PDP and caused its defeat, they never knew a day like this would come; when they’d be watching the script they played some 8 years ago being replayed in their very eyes and they’d be so helpless and not knowing how to react.

In the run up to PDP convention, the argument of Atiku proponents was that PDP needs to present someone capable of winning the election for them. They argued on how Atiku already had 11million votes in the bank.

What these set of people forgot to remember is that 7million of the so called 11million votes in the bank is domiciled in the southern part of Nigeria with Atiku’s North only contributing 4million.

Fast forward to today, after Atiku has gotten the ticket, and there’s a certain Peter Obi who has taken the entire south by storm with majority of Southern masses, both old and young, queuing up behind him in a diehard fashion. This factor was not envisaged by anyone, not even Obi himself.

The Obi factor has completely decimated the supposed millions of southern votes in Atiku’s vote bank. Need I remind you that Southeast and Southsouth has been PDP’s lifeline since its inception in 1999.

Now, with the southern masses seemed to have gotten drunk and already intoxicated in a brand of alcohol called Peter Obi, Atiku’s only hope left in the south are the PDP stakeholders in the region who he is hoping on to use their structure to still manage to scramble for some votes for him from what will be left by Obidients.

But like in 2015, Atiku is watching his lifeline in the south vapourize into the air like a gas being flared.

Or what other hope does Atiku have? He’s not popular in the streets of the south and now the stakeholders who would have done the dirty jobs for him are deserting him.

If anything, we have seen that Wike is not alone. So, calling Wike’s bluff or asking him to go is asking Wike, Makinde, Ortom, Ikpeazu, Ugwuanyi, Donald Duke, Mimiko, Fayose, etc, to go.

Now, if these men go, who is left in the south? Trust me I see nobody. Because Godwin Obaseki can’t deliver Edo and he knows it. Okowa who is Atiku’s running mate can’t deliver Delta for Atiku and he knows it.

MY PREDICTION

In hazarding a prediction, I’m of the thinking that Ayu will soon have no option than to throw in the towel. When he does, I hear Wike’s men want Wike to become the PDP chairman or whoever they’d nominate. But I see Wike’s men taking the PDP machinery but still working against Atiku which was what northern PDP stakeholders did to Jonathan with Adamu Muazu in 2015.

Alternatively, Atiku and his men can call the bluff of Wike and his men and kiss victory in the 2023 presidential election goodbye even before campaigns start.

Penguin is a bird of reason.

Mynd44

1 Like

Re: 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 24, 2022
Yet i have no idea!
Re: 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by God1000(m): 7:16am On Sep 24, 2022
It's all wild goose chase
Re: 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by mbaboy(m): 7:31am On Sep 24, 2022
Atiku will cope with or without Wike and his loyalist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by SlavaUkraini: 7:38am On Sep 24, 2022
Hmmmmm.... Stories that Touch. .

The PDP cannot afford to lose any more Senatorial and Reps seats in the National Assembly therefore South East and South South PDP politicians and their supporters would vote massively for the PDP.

Two South East PDP Governors I believe are gunning to become Senators. Abia and Enugu

Will they also work against their own Interest knowing fully well that the Presidential and National Assembly elections are the same day ?

Okowa cannot deliver Delta State ? .... cheesy

I Laugh in Chinese. ...

Very soon he go clear for una eye. No other Party can win election in Delta State.

Delta State will always remain a PDP state. every other state may fall to the opposition but not Delta State.

The story would have been good If all Igbo people were solidly behind the Obidient movement.

But they are not.

Was it not in Ebonyi state that an Igbo Governor was intimidating Obidient movement members ?

Election day is not far again and we will see how much of the 7 million Southern votes that Obi will collect...

Political Calculators and Pundits will always talk about Atiku getting less vote from the South East and South South but they will never Talk about the FACT THAT HE WILL GET MORE VOTES IN THE NORTH THIS TIME AROUND.

The North is not locked up for the APC, NNPP or Labour Party. The PDP will make massive inroads into the Northern electorates this time around.

Now that Buhari has decided not to Rig this Election for anyone, the actual Northern votes that Atiku Abubakar would get would be far more than the 4 million declared by INEC after they Rigged the 2019 Elections.

I have nothing against Peter Obi but he does not presently Stand a chance against the current Resident Evil called the APC.

Las Las, I see Peter Obi as an Integral part and a Key figure in an Atiku Abubakar Administration

From there, he can begin to gather Support and Structure for his Presidential ambition when power would be returning to the South and to the South East in Particular.

But For now, Power must remain in the North until further notice.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by Laggafin: 7:39am On Sep 24, 2022
Its a catch 22 situation.. with or without wike.. em go loose wotowoto like odinga grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by SU50: 8:02am On Sep 24, 2022
I don't feel for Atiku in this regards, he ain't a baby politician, he ought to have seen this a month or 2 ago. This his attitude may be his undoing.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by Ruggedniggaone: 8:09am On Sep 24, 2022
Pdp will call wike bluff and it will not affect Atiku victory. wike and his camp will never work for obi because they know obi can't win any zone outside South East they will work for tinubu and most of the people in wike camp will abandon him to work for pdp because everyone of them knows that wike is only fighting for his personal interest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by Penguin2: 10:25am On Sep 24, 2022
SlavaUkraini:

The PDP cannot afford to lose any more Senatorial and Reps seats in the National Assembly therefore South East and South South PDP politicians and their supporters would vote massively for the PDP.

Two South East PDP Governors I believe are gunning to become Senators. Abia and Enugu

Will they also work against their own Interest knowing fully well that the Presidential and National Assembly elections are the same day ?

I Laugh in Chinese. ...

Very soon he go clear for una eye. No other Party can win election in Delta State.

Delta State will always remain a PDP state. every other state may fall to the opposition but not Delta State.

The story would have been good If all Igbo people were solidly behind the Obidient movement.

But they are not.

Was it not in Ebonyi state that an Igbo Governor was intimidating Obidient movement members ?

Election day is not far again and we will see how much of the 7 million Southern votes that Obi will collect...

Political Calculators and Pundits will always talk about Atiku getting less vote from the South East and South South but they will never Talk about the FACT THAT HE WILL GET MORE VOTES IN THE NORTH THIS TIME AROUND.

The North is not locked up for the APC, NNPP or Labour Party. The PDP will make massive inroads into the Northern electorates this time around.

Now that Buhari has decided not to Rig this Election for anyone, the actual Northern votes that Atiku Abubakar would get would be far more than the 4 million declared by INEC after they Rigged the 2019 Elections.

I have nothing against Peter Obi but he does not presently Stand a chance against the current Resident Evil called the APC.

Las Las, I see Peter Obi as an Integral part and a Key figure in an Atiku Abubakar Administration

From there, he can begin to gather Support and Structure for his Presidential ambition when power would be returning to the South and to the South East in Particular.

Lol!

First, let me reiterate that Okowa will not deliver Delta for Atiku. Peter Obi will win Delta. PDP will still retain Delta governorship but you see presidency, forget it.

Second, where Southeast stakeholders stand will and will NEVER determine where the Southeast masses will cast their votes and you know this; except you just started following politics yesterday.

In 2019, southeast stakeholders rose in protest against Atiku for picking Obi as running mate. Because of it, they worked against Atiku and cut a stupid deal with Buhari to help him get 25% in Southeast states. They also frustrated INEC logistics by ensuring that voting materials arrived late in most polling units of the region. But how did it end? The greatest number of the southeast masses still voted for Atiku and Peter Obi. And you wanna tell me that it is now that Stakeholders of the east will determine the voting pattern of the region?

Then lastly, no one is denying the fact that Atiku is going to get higher number of votes from the north this time around; but is northern votes enough to make him president? Remember that most of North Central states are gone with Obi too.
Re: 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by Penguin2: 10:30am On Sep 24, 2022
Ruggedniggaone:
Pdp will call wike bluff and it will not affect Atiku victory. wike and his camp will never work for obi because they know obi can't win any zone outside South East they will work for tinubu and most of the people in wike camp will abandon him to work for pdp because everyone of them knows that wike is only fighting for his personal interest

One of the issues I have with you guys is that you always reason as though you are not in touch with reality.

Did you not see the clips from the meeting where they announced their pulling out of the campaign? Were they not complete? If any of them was interested in breaking away, shouldn’t the person have issued a statement all this while to state that he’s not part of those that pulled out of Atiku’s campaign?

Wike and his camp are together and are sticking together.

Will they work for Tinubu over Obi? Time will tell.
Re: 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by onatisi(m): 10:45am On Sep 24, 2022
the issue here is that, even with wike and his group's support, victory is not certain for Atiku and pdp , how much more if wike and his group refuse to support atiku.
secondly we all now that politics is a game of numbers, you don't have higher scores or numbers when people are leaving ur group, you actually have good scores when people are adding and joining to your number. a minus for PDP is actually a plus for other contestants and Atiku rivals . atiku cannot afford to have his sidee reducing while tinubu and obi keep adding to their numbers.

thirdly is the caliber of people leaving, if ordinary men leave you, you may not feel it much but when governors, senators and other political elites leave, then there is serious problems because they have the means and capacity of mobilizing voters for whosoever they like

1 Like

Re: 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by Opintiwa: 10:49am On Sep 24, 2022
mbaboy:
Atiku will cope with or without Wike and his loyalist

You were flogged 2015 .

You were flogged 2019.

Don't settle with Wike you are finished.

Peter collect chunk .

Wike go give Atiku High BP

Re: 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by asanausana91: 10:50am On Sep 24, 2022
Yes yes yes! We the northern Christian will vote for Atiku. Even with Wike, it will be had for Atiku to beat Peter obi in Rivers state. Abia state will not vote Atiku against peter Obi, Oyo state will not vote Atiku against Tinubu, Ondo state also will vote for Tinubu
Therefore, to hell with Wike and his useless followers.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by asanausana91: 11:00am On Sep 24, 2022
onatisi:
the issue here is that, even with wike and his group's support, victory is not certain for Atiku and pdp , how much more if wike and his group refuse to support atiku.
secondly we all now that politics is a game of numbers, you don't have higher scores or numbers when people are leaving ur group, you actually have good scores when people are adding and joining to your number. a minus for PDP is actually a plus for other contestants and Atiku rivals . atiku cannot afford to have his sidee reducing while tinubu and obi keep adding to their numbers.

thirdly is the caliber of people leaving, if ordinary men leave you, you may not feel it much but when governors, senators and other political elites leave, then there is serious problems because they have the means and capacity of mobilizing voters for whosoever they like
this is the time for BVAS, no governor can decide how voters votes. All those leaving Atiku non of them can win their various state for PDP.
Abia
Rivers
Ondo
Oyo
PDP cannot win the above states even with Wike. The north will mobilize toward Atiku and there is tendency that kwankwaso will join Atiku. Even peter Obi is likely to join hands with Atiku if APC seems to gather more supporters.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by slivertongue: 11:00am On Sep 24, 2022
Very slim hope. He will act right when it is late
Re: 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by BlackSaints: 11:07am On Sep 24, 2022
With or without Wike,PDP will get at least 50% votes in Rivers state.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by Pascal9: 11:35am On Sep 24, 2022
asanausana91:
this is the time for BVAS, no governor can decide how voters votes. All those leaving Atiku non of them can win their various state for PDP.
Abia
Rivers
Ondo
Oyo
PDP cannot win the above states even with Wike. The north will mobilize toward Atiku and there is tendency that kwankwaso will join Atiku. Even peter Obi is likely to join hands with Atiku if APC seems to gather more supporters.
you people reason with una anus, if the election is frustrated by this stakeholders, were will Atiku get his vote, tinubu loyalists frustrated the Igbos in 2019, we all see the results, didn't Atiku lose Lagos yo buhari
Re: 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by BlazinGlory40: 12:04pm On Sep 24, 2022
SlavaUkraini:

I Laugh in Chinese. ...

But they are not.

You must be one of the southern PDP “awa party is supreme” jobbers talking. But if this makes you sleep well at night then good for you.
Re: 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by onatisi(m): 12:07pm On Sep 24, 2022
i think this line of thought is what pdp and atiku are having . but i believe it is better not to leave anything to chances and take proper precaution and also block all loopholes .
will it pay atiku to damm the consequence and ignore wike and go with his pdp group or accept wike conditions and face the backlash of other pdp members
asanausana91:
Abia
Rivers
Ondo
Oyo
Re: 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by SlavaUkraini: 12:17pm On Sep 24, 2022
BlazinGlory40:

You must be one of the southern PDP “awa party is supreme” jobbers talking. But if this makes you sleep well at night then good for you.

If typing trash makes you sleep well at night, then good for you.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by asanausana91: 12:24pm On Sep 24, 2022
Pascal9:
you people reason with una anus, if the election is frustrated by this stakeholders, were will Atiku get his vote, tinubu loyalists frustrated the Igbos in 2019, we all see the results, didn't Atiku lose Lagos yo buhari
Atiku will get his votes from all the northern states. Atiku will also win some percentage in most of the southern states . In Rivers state, their are people that are against Wike and I can confidently tell you that their supporters will vote for Atiku.
If PDP decide to suspend Makinde, INEC will not recognise him as a candidate. PDP can decide to suspend all Wike candidates in Rivers state for anti party and their nomination will be withdrawn.
BVAS will do the work not a governor.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by asanausana91: 12:25pm On Sep 24, 2022
Pascal9:
Atiku will get his votes from all the northern states. Atiku will also win some percentage in most of the southern states . In Rivers state, their are people that are against Wike and I can confidently tell you that their supporters will vote for Atiku.
If PDP decide to suspend Makinde, INEC will not recognise him as a candidate. PDP can decide to suspend all Wike candidates in Rivers state for anti party and their nomination will be withdrawn.
BVAS will do the work not a governor.
Btw, you should know that BVAS was not used in 2019.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by BlazinGlory40: 1:08pm On Sep 24, 2022
SlavaUkraini:

If typing trash makes you sleep well at night, then good for you.

Hahahahaha! E pain you enter bone marrow cheesy
Re: 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by senijah: 1:16pm On Sep 24, 2022
onatisi:

you're right Sir

1 Like

Re: 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by SlavaUkraini: 5:36pm On Sep 24, 2022
BlazinGlory40:

Hahahahaha! E pain you enter bone marrow cheesy

You are in severe pains and agony

Re: 2023: Any Hope For Atiku If Wike And His Men Pull Out? by SlavaUkraini: 5:57pm On Sep 24, 2022
Penguin2:

Lol!

First, let me reiterate that Okowa will not deliver Delta for Atiku. Peter Obi will win Delta. PDP will still retain Delta governorship but you see presidency, forget it.

Second, where Southeast stakeholders stand will and will NEVER determine where the Southeast masses will cast their votes and you know this; except you just started following politics yesterday.

In 2019, southeast stakeholders rose in protest against Atiku for picking Obi as running mate. Because of it, they worked against Atiku and cut a stupid deal with Buhari to help him get 25% in Southeast states. They also frustrated INEC logistics by ensuring that voting materials arrived late in most polling units of the region. But how did it end? The greatest number of the southeast masses still voted for Atiku and Peter Obi. And you wanna tell me that it is now that Stakeholders of the east will determine the voting pattern of the region?

Then lastly, no one is denying the fact that Atiku is going to get higher number of votes from the north this time around; but is northern votes enough to make him president? Remember that most of North Central states are gone with Obi too.

Okowa cannot deliver Delta State but Kasim Shetimma can deliver Borno State ?

While Yusuf will deliver Kaduna State ?

Bros abeg talk another thing..

I like the way Dr Ifeanyi Okowa is been seen as a light weight politician or an underdog. That would be the undoing of his Political opponents.

May I remind you that Okowa started grassroots Politics before the likes of James Ibori and Nyesom Wike..... According to Peter Obi, go and confirm.

The man is a grassroots Politician per excellence and was among the brains that delivered Delta North to Ibori during his two tenures as Governor.

Deltans will vote massively for the PDP because this is their chance to produce a Vice President and would not throw the opportunity away because of Anyone.

(1) (Reply)

2023: Can Tinubu Win The North? / Attacks In South-west Will End Soon, I’ll Bring Back Yoruba Nation - Igboho / Breaking News Peter Obi Might Go Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.