Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya (2511 Views)

Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews / Nigeria's Igbo Jews: 'lost Tribe' Of Israel? By CNN / "igbos Are Descendent Of Sudanese And Igala That Mixed Up With White Jews" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by NegroNtns(m): 3:44pm On Aug 13, 2011
According to Chinedu Nwabunwanne. Igbos originated from Jewish roots and are a "lost tribe".

Lost no doubt!. . . . . but a Jewish tribe?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo_Jews
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by ChinenyeN(m): 4:27pm On Aug 13, 2011
How many times does someone have to tell you something before it gets into that thick skull of yours?
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by NegroNtns(m): 4:50pm On Aug 13, 2011
The skull is thicker than you can imagine. Tell me again, what's the story?
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by ChinenyeN(m): 4:56pm On Aug 13, 2011
There is no story. That's the message.
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by NegroNtns(m): 6:21pm On Aug 13, 2011
What's the message?
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by ChinenyeN(m): 6:44pm On Aug 13, 2011
The Igbo do not have shared traditions of origin. There is no "Igbo father". No "Igbo king". No one ancestor. Simply put, there is no "Igbo story". If you are as intelligent as you believe yourself to be, then this message/concept shouldn't be difficult for you to grasp at all. So stop playing the fool.
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by NegroNtns(m): 7:02pm On Aug 13, 2011
How do you know, you are not even core Ibo. You are Ikwerre, an Nri descendant. Let descendants of Aro speak, the core, pure blood Ibos speak.
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by ChinenyeN(m): 7:08pm On Aug 13, 2011
Tell me what core Igbo is then, since you apparently claim to know more than I do.
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by ChinenyeN(m): 7:10pm On Aug 13, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

How do you know, you are not even core Ibo. You are Ikwerre, an Nri descendant. Let [b]descendants of Aro speak, the core, pure blood Ibo[/b]s speak.
The bolded is by far the dumbest and funniest thing I've ever read from you here on NL.
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by NegroNtns(m): 7:12pm On Aug 13, 2011
I have more for you, far worse than this. Hang around and continue to read my posts.
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by ChinenyeN(m): 7:27pm On Aug 13, 2011
You're a fool. In the context of this topic, you're a fool.
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by NegroNtns(m): 7:30pm On Aug 13, 2011
Where is the foolishness? Point to it. In the contaxt oif this post, I gave a link on an article written by an Ibo person. What's the foolishness in it?
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by ChinenyeN(m): 8:01pm On Aug 13, 2011
The foolishness is that you spend your time so absorbed in your own presumptions, that you actively searching for [long since disclaimed] articles that support you foolish venture. You further exhibited you foolishness by stating "facts" (I place [i]facts [/i]in quotation marks as a measure of satire and sarcasm). These your "facts" are that 1) Ikwere descending from Nri, and 2) Aro being pure-blood Igbo.

Allow me to address your foolish "facts".

1) No long story involved, the Ikwere are not descendant from Nri. Ask any Ikwere and they will tell you. It's as simple as that.
2) Aro people proudly state that they the result of Ibibio/Akpa/Igbo peoples. There are no Aro claims to "pure-blood Igbo". Ask any Aro and they will tell you that.

The above, which I have just stated is also not news to the Igbo. The Igbo have long since known this. They have long since known their traditions, and they know their histories. You though are apparently ignorant of it all, but still in your ignorance, you come here to uninhibitedly exhibit foolishness.

and finally, the last, and in my own opinion, most foolish exhibition of your foolishness is that you obviously did not come here to learn from the Igbo themselves. You simply came here to spew your own ignorance, and that my friend is foolishness. You're a fool. In the context of this topic, you're a fool.
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by NegroNtns(m): 8:56pm On Aug 13, 2011
Chinenye,

I normally won't tll you this 'cos you are cool and don't bother anybody but I think you overstepping.

So I need you to back off. You have to be crazy and out of your fvcking mind to even dare say what you just wrote.
I will restrain my tongue for now and let this pass.

I don't owe Ibo any expression of wisdom to begin with.
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by ChinenyeN(m): 9:29pm On Aug 13, 2011
I typically don't go out of my way to call anyone here on NL foolish. I just hope you understand that, as well as understand the implications of it all.
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by NegroNtns(m): 11:13pm On Aug 13, 2011
You are free to express but you cross the line with me next time you will get stung.
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by ChinenyeN(m): 11:34pm On Aug 13, 2011
If ever I feel so inclined as to say anything to you, Negro-Ntns, I will do so unapologetically. You have already crossed multiple lines with your unnecessary and [i]inexcusable [/i]ignorance, so my responses to you are well within reason. Also, calling it "crossing the line" is a gross misinterpretation on your part, but I have come to expect it, with the level of ignorance you excrete in the context of this subject matter.

If only you were legitimately here for discussion. . things could have been different, but so far you've done a splendid job of proving otherwise.
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by NegroNtns(m): 11:57pm On Aug 13, 2011
What I do is no different from what many of you SEasterners do here, which is push propaganda.

So for you to call me foolish is an uncalled for assault.

You have lost your damn fvcking mind ChinenyeN if you expected a silence from me.

I don't care how many fvcking times you want to repeat Nri/Aro and whatever fvcking ese Ibo cuklture is based on. Look at how many times Agbotaen and Exotic and others have told you they are not Ibo, did that stop your ar+se from accepting their explanation and desire to remain unique and unalligned with Ibo? No! At every turn you all are using different tactic to force him to accept what does not belong to him. But yet you find my tenacity to reduce Ibo to a group, which truly is what it is, uncomfortable and you term it foolishness.

What do you call what you guys do, wisdom?

Like I said, you are about to get your feelings stung.
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by ChinenyeN(m): 12:27am On Aug 14, 2011
So you admit that you're pushing propaganda. You admit that you are being as foolish as other Igbo who also unnecessarily and inexcusably push propaganda. You admit that you are shamelessly engaging in the same foolish behavior as they are, yet you want to catch an attitude now that I call you out on it? Please. Get a hold of yourself, Negro-Ntns. I don't expect silence from people like you, but I do expect reason, and as at now, I am not seeing that. All I see is foolishness.

I'm sure we've also had this discussion on "defining Igbo". I hope you have not forgotten the things I stated, because your writing that I just read is very suggestive of some type of selective memory.

Lastly, get a grip of yourself and talk straight. Stop throwing nonsense obscenities at me as if you are incapable of telling the difference between me and Andre or me and EzeUche. If you want to talk to me, you talk straight.
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by Abagworo(m): 12:37am On Aug 14, 2011
@negro_ntns.It will do you good to refrain from delving into issues you barely know because you might end up sounding deranged to the knowledgeable sane.Agbotaen has his own issues as well but I will like to correct you that his arguments were mainly with Ogbuefi who is also an Ika man.I kmow both of them as authentic Ika in real life.All Igbos acknowledge everything agbotaen has been killing himself that Bini influenced Ika and Anioma culture or that some Bini people migrated and mixed with Igbos but he was wrongfully asserting that only Ika are the Igbos who were influenced by neighbours or that Ika language is not a version of Igbo.

That said,I think you should use some internal Igbo issues discussed on NL to know that Igbos generally do not agree to one origin,Kingship and Ika is not different.
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by NegroNtns(m): 2:17am On Aug 14, 2011
Chinenye,

Who appointed to be the clerical administrator here? Who said you can direct traffic for who says what and in what manners it uttered?

What are you, some genteel "can't hurt nobody" Huxtable?

Go sit yo ar+se down, sob your teary eyes into your handkerchief and blow your sniffles into it.

You can't call nobody a fool and get offended when they wag the upright middle finger in your face.

Don't fvcking start what you have no nerve to stand upto.
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by NegroNtns(m): 2:25am On Aug 14, 2011
Abagworo,

I don't care how many origin or kingship or ancestral line you have or don't have, that's your cup of tea. I am not Ibo, the origin or no origin, ancestor or no ancestor, Nri or Aro, that's your headache, not mine.

However, I am not Chinedu, I am Negro and Negro brought here what Chinedu said.

Indisputably Chinedu is not an Hausa name or Yoruba name, so have issues with Chinedu, not Negro.

You understand me Abagworo?
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by ChinenyeN(m): 2:28am On Aug 14, 2011
You still don't get it, do you. . You're doing the unnecessary and the inexcusable. I am well within reason to call you out on it. The Negro-Ntns I knew would have understood that. He was a reasonable character.
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by NegroNtns(m): 2:39am On Aug 14, 2011
Don't solicit!

Did you get it when I responded and asked you to back off?
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by ChinenyeN(m): 2:48am On Aug 14, 2011
I guess. I've already reasonably called you out, and so indulging myself any further would just be distasteful.
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by dempeople(m): 4:11am On Aug 14, 2011
@Negro,

We all know your love for Ndigbo knows no bounds but don't you think a bit of too much isn't good for your health? Excessive love can break your heart you know. undecided
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 14, 2011
@ Negro MTN or Negro GLO, the last time i checked, the Alaafin and the Ooni are yet to agree on Yorooba ancestry.
Kindly direct your energy there to solve that puzzle. You will be highly appreciated.
We don't need you or any 'neo-Igbo' to lecture us on our origin.
I trust your Skull won't be so thick as to absorb this message.
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by NegroNtns(m): 11:51am On Aug 14, 2011
Untll you all stop lecturing others on their history and trying to force your ideology on others that wish not to identify as Ibo, I will be here telling you who you are and defining you the way you truly are and deny you the chance of rewriting and embellishing your history.

If you can't respect other people's desire to be who they choose, your desire to be "great" will equally be resisted.
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by ChinenyeN(m): 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2011
Igbo, this is a clear case of one who cries more than the bereaved. Negro-Ntns does not even know the traditions of origin of the people he so vehemently advocates for. See how he claimed that Ikwere are Nri. Pure ignorance. He even went so far as to say that Aro is pure-blood Igbo, core Igbo. These are signs of one who lacks critical knowledge on the subject matter. Finally, to top it off, he did not come here with the intention to be learn. Rather he came only to spew his ignorance and to flaunt his foolishness.

Igbo bu Igbo, nuru nu okwu. Onye atuburula ya onu. Ka anyi kwanyere onwe anyi ugwu, gbachi ya nkiti. Ekwuchala m.
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by NegroNtns(m): 9:20pm On Aug 14, 2011
Igbo bu igbo my ar+se!

I don't give a rat a.s.s where belongs to nri or which one is aro, your own people do not know their histry. Depending on who has the air waves, your Biafran propaganda to project what is not there has sunk down deep enough in your psyche that most times the average Ibo man isn't consciously aware that he is spinning rubbish.

Is the topic a correct historical account, are you jews and from all the places listed by Chinedu? That's what you ought to focus on, instead of worrying about whether Negro places Mogadishu under Nri and Darfur under Aro.
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by ChinenyeN(m): 10:08pm On Aug 14, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Is the topic a correct historical account, are you jews and from all the places listed by Chinedu?
Oh, is that what this is about? I'm sure we cleared that up in NUMEROUS other threads, but to refresh your selective memory I'll give a very short and concise response.

-------------------------------------------------------
No. It is incorrect. I am not a Jew, and my people are not Jews, neither are we from any of the places listed by Chinedu.
-------------------------------------------------------

I trust that your brain is at the very least capable of grasping and remembering the message in these few words.
Re: Igbo Jews - From Syria, Portugal And Libya by NegroNtns(m): 1:52am On Aug 15, 2011
Chinenye,

It appears you are bothered by my persistence on this matter of roots and origin, right?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are There So Many Igbo Feminists? / Yoruba Language Slowly Nears Extinction / Father And Young Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.