Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,032 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Got Invited For A Senior Frontend Developer Interview. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Got Invited For A Senior Frontend Developer Interview. (1121 Views)

17 Year Old aspiring Frontend Developer / Product Designer / A "Senior" Software Developer Could Not Solve This Coding Challenge, Can You? / Questions To Expect At An Entry Level Web Developer Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Got Invited For A Senior Frontend Developer Interview. by jbreezy: 8:13am On Sep 24, 2022
So, I got an interview invite through my email from a fintech company in Nigeria, for the role of a senior frontend developer. I can’t even remember when nor how I applied for the job, seriously. But the issue is that, I don’t think I’m up to a senior ooh, mid at most. And the company is quite far from my place, tfare might cost me 6k. Should I try my luck or just focus on my present job? Abeg come epp me, make I no go disgrace my papa and still waste my money.

2 Likes

Re: Got Invited For A Senior Frontend Developer Interview. by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:10am On Sep 24, 2022
Better attend the interview. There's very few seniors in Nigeria by true sense of the word senior. A lot have left the country so companies have to settle for mid level and junior frontend Devs.

6 Likes

Re: Got Invited For A Senior Frontend Developer Interview. by Hannania(m): 9:15am On Sep 24, 2022
jbreezy:
So, I got an interview invite through my email from a fintech company in Nigeria, for the role of a senior frontend developer. I can’t even remember when nor how I applied for the job, seriously. But the issue is that, I don’t think I’m up to a senior ooh, mid at most. And the company is quite far from my place, tfare might cost me 6k. Should I try my luck or just focus on my present job? Abeg come epp me, make I no go disgrace my papa and still waste my money.
What's the worst thing? It will be a NO!

So go for it. It offers growth and at least 30% increase in your salary, then all good.

If it's same growth with your firm but at least 30% pay rise, still go.

No company is your fathers house. They will lay you off with a blink of an eye. So your interest first.

6 Likes

Re: Got Invited For A Senior Frontend Developer Interview. by MikeyOz: 9:55am On Sep 24, 2022
Take your chances bro. Might be a good opportunity
Even if it doesn't go well, at least you'll learn from the experience

2 Likes

Re: Got Invited For A Senior Frontend Developer Interview. by Karleb(m): 9:59am On Sep 24, 2022
Make me sef encourage you. cheesy

The worst that can happen is that you don't get it, at least it will serve as stories to tell you grandchildren grin.

Best case scenario, you get employed.

You gat nothing to lose. wink
Re: Got Invited For A Senior Frontend Developer Interview. by Edipet(m): 10:09am On Sep 24, 2022
I wish to be like you in the next 1-2yrs,..as an starting my learning journey this coming Monday.

1 Like

Re: Got Invited For A Senior Frontend Developer Interview. by jesmond3945: 4:50pm On Sep 24, 2022
Hannania:
What's the worst thing? It will be a NO!

So go for it. It offers growth and at least 30% increase in your salary, then all good.

If it's same growth with your firm but at least 30% pay rise, still go.

No company is your fathers house. They will lay you off with a blink of an eye. So your interest first.
thank you brother for that. Many people always think that their place of work give a Bleep about them. Always put your interest number one.

2 Likes

Re: Got Invited For A Senior Frontend Developer Interview. by Maclink288: 2:25pm On Sep 25, 2022
jbreezy:
Go for it bro.
I remembered a time I got shortlisted for a Senior UI/UX designer role, although I didn't get the job but I understood more about interviews which have helped me in my career so far.
Re: Got Invited For A Senior Frontend Developer Interview. by Emeraldfynest(m): 8:20am On Oct 08, 2022
Nice, I'm a Junior UI/UX Designer boss, I will love to connect. Can I send a dm? cheesy
Maclink288:

Go for it bro.
I remembered a time I got shortlisted for a Senior UI/UX designer role, although I didn't get the job but I understood more about interviews which have helped me in my career so far.
Re: Got Invited For A Senior Frontend Developer Interview. by chim14(m): 9:15am On Oct 08, 2022
You'll end up wasting transport better use the 6k to chop suya or go to Shoprite.

From experience in Tech, alot HR that invite for interview don't know their Job! They invite every d**k & harry.

You'll be surprised when u get there & dey look at your CV, they'll say "Oga you don't have what we need" or "Your place is very far, we need people close"

At the end you just burnt transport, time, & energy for absolute nothing. All your body go breakdown for nothing.

Invitation for interview these days doesnt mean you've got the Job, take it from me, except you are bored & just want to stroll, then its fine.
Re: Got Invited For A Senior Frontend Developer Interview. by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:25am On Oct 08, 2022
chim14:
You'll end up wasting transport better use the 6k to chop suya or go to Shoprite.

From experience in Tech, alot HR that invite for interview don't know their Job! They invite every d**k & harry.

You'll be surprised when u get there & dey look at your CV, they'll say "Oga you don't have what we need" or "Your place is very far, we need people close"

At the end you just burnt transport, time, & energy for absolute nothing. All your body go breakdown for nothing.

Invitation for interview these days doesnt mean you've got the Job, take it from me, except you are bored & just want to stroll, then its fine.

Hardly anyone does physical interviews in tech except it's onsite whiteboarding interviews. Most interviews are virtual and can be done from ones room.

1 Like

Re: Got Invited For A Senior Frontend Developer Interview. by AgentGoat: 10:23am On Oct 08, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Hardly anyone does physical interviews in tech except it's onsite whiteboarding interviews. Most interviews are virtual and can be done from ones room.

What do you think about cyber security. Job prospects; local and international, remote inclusive. I want to learn for passion and making money as well. I have some other jobs. I'm not in a hurry to start making money from it.
Re: Got Invited For A Senior Frontend Developer Interview. by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:24am On Oct 08, 2022
AgentGoat:

What do you think about cyber security. Job prospects; local and international, remote inclusive. I want to learn for passion and making money as well. I have some other jobs. I'm not in a hurry to start making money from it.

I know absolutely nothing about that field.
Re: Got Invited For A Senior Frontend Developer Interview. by AgentGoat: 10:29am On Oct 08, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I know absolutely nothing about that field.

Thanks.

cc: airsaylongcome
Re: Got Invited For A Senior Frontend Developer Interview. by emmyN(m): 12:25pm On Oct 08, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

It's common with Nigerian companies. I've had to turn down two interview invites recently because of this.
Re: Got Invited For A Senior Frontend Developer Interview. by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:48pm On Oct 08, 2022
emmyN:

It's common with Nigerian companies. I've had to turn down two interview invites recently because of this.

Yeah definitely even when I was job hunting in Nigeria I was explicitly rejecting physical interviews. I believe a company that engages in such isn't a serious company
Re: Got Invited For A Senior Frontend Developer Interview. by jbreezy: 3:54pm On Oct 08, 2022
emmyN:

Yeah…it’s an onsite job actually.
Re: Got Invited For A Senior Frontend Developer Interview. by emmyN(m): 5:57pm On Oct 08, 2022
jbreezy:

It doesn't matter if it's on-site. Just doesn't make sense when you get invited for first stage assessment in person. In one of the interviews I rejected, the same invite was sent to over 100 persons for a small company that needs to fill just one role. It's better they do initial interviews and assessments online, then send in-person invites when you've gone far in the process.
Re: Got Invited For A Senior Frontend Developer Interview. by bet9ja(m): 5:12am On Oct 09, 2022
jbreezy:

I found it weird for a company to request a Senior engineer resume in office at this current hour of exodus in the Tech field.
Re: Got Invited For A Senior Frontend Developer Interview. by jbreezy: 8:03am On Oct 09, 2022
bet9ja:

I found it weird for a company to request a Senior engineer resume in office at this current hour of exodus in the Tech field.
All staff, on-site…

(1) (Reply)

Look At The New Programmers' Resource Website Just Being Developed / Hi Guys / Beaf's Mystery C# Conundrum! It Shouldn't Compile, But No, It Does!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.